HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Myers, The VRP, The Pierre

Old
03-06-2012, 12:08 PM
indigoo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpgsilver View Post
Hey guys,
Just stopped by to wish you luck on the rest of the year. I'm hoping theres a way you can get into the playoffs (as long as it doesnt bump us out ). I love what Pegula has done down there in terms of excitement and commitment to winning.

As far as the Silver Medal chant...
I was one of the people that got that going through out the game and I just want to clarify something. By no means was it a slight at team USA or at americans or anything like that. It was a creative idea to try and get in his head. If he was Swedish or Finnish and they lost in the gold medal game we would have chanted the same way. Its a sign of respect, we get on every teams best player. Heck, we'd boo our own mothers if she was playing goal for the other team.

Either way, its all in good fun. Good luck on your playoff push.
It honestly wasn't that creative.

What a game though, all the faults shine through when it matters most. Ruff is starting to worry me again.

indigoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 01:19 PM
HogtownSabresfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
i know he has a no movement clause

I think he's been closer to Rivet, then what he was expected to be when we got him (a top 4 shut down guy potentially Myers long missing partner)
Rivet should not have been in the NHL his last year. Couldn't have made the AHL. He's been reduced to the ECHL.
Regehr can play just the $4.2-million hit is a bit much.
I think the Sabres got Calgary's 2nd as part of this. They knew what they were getting.

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 01:36 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

How is Hodgson getting a free pass? First goal on him, turnovers, weaker on the backcheck. Worst game as a Sabre by far - that line didn't really impress me?? Leino and Boyes' lines did.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 02:00 PM
kirby11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
How is Hodgson getting a free pass? First goal on him, turnovers, weaker on the backcheck. Worst game as a Sabre by far - that line didn't really impress me?? Leino and Boyes' lines did.
He was bad last night. Also killed a couple 3 on 2's when he kinda drifted into the zone and just let the puck get away from him somehow. Still impressed with his vision on the PP though, ennis should have put at least one of his passes away last night. I didn't really notice leino's line much. They had a few decent shifts, but nothing spectacular. Gerbe needs to stop thinking he can consistently dangle at this level, he made a couple turnovers. Cut the pretty play crap too much of this team already tries and just skate hard and take good shots. Boyes' line was great.

kirby11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 02:01 PM
jamers
McTankel Mechanic

Quote:
I would agree it was his worst game, though he still did some nice things offensively. I'd put him in the bad category that game overall.

jamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Sabreality

well as someone pointed out, Hodgson has been on one hell of a roadtrip, plus the Buffalo physical visit. he was subpar last night, but I'm giving him a bit of a pass until he gets settled in and can enjoy some home cookin.

Sabreality is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 05:30 PM
HogtownSabresfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamers View Post
I would agree it was his worst game, though he still did some nice things offensively. I'd put him in the bad category that game overall.
He has no points since becoming a Sabre, fits in perfectly

Old
03-06-2012, 05:47 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post
He has no points since becoming a Sabre, fits in perfectly
And to be fair, Hosgson has 2 goals and 1 assist since Feb. 2nd.

The guys in a slump

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 05:56 PM
HogtownSabresfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
And to be fair, Hosgson has 2 goals and 1 assist since Feb. 2nd.

The guys in a slump
Give us your tired, poor slumping forwards. We can engrave that at FNC. Team can't score which is why Ruff has changed game plan to plodding style to some success.

Old
03-06-2012, 05:59 PM
washman

Quote:
Because he's been here for 4 games. Over his career Vanhack has 4 years of suck. He's a 7 millon dollar inconsistent marshmellow who goes into depression everytime he misses the net with his "elite shot". And just think these are his "cheap" years. He is the perfect example of the rotten core that Regier coddles and refuses to do anything about.
If a third or forth liner was as inconsistent as Vanhack for a couple of shifts he'd be getting flamed here ,in the media, and "in Lindy's doghouse" for a month.

Why has Vanhack gotten a pass for taking months off?

washman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 06:02 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by washman View Post
Because he's been here for 4 games. Over his career Vanhack has 4 years of suck. He's a 7 millon dollar inconsistent marshmellow who goes into depression everytime he misses the net with his "elite shot". And just think these are his "cheap" years. He is the perfect example of the rotten core that Regier coddles and refuses to do anything about.
If a third or forth liner was as inconsistent as Vanhack for a couple of shifts he'd be getting flamed here ,in the media, and "in Lindy's doghouse" for a month.

Your Vanek tirade doesnt belong here. He has gotten grief - but was given a pass at first since he carried the offense with Poms for months.

jBuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 06:02 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:

Wow, that rant is filled with exaggeration, hyperbole, and inaccuracies. Well done

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 06:08 PM
washman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Wow, that rant is filled with exaggeration, hyperbole, and inaccuracies. Well done
Thanks!

Old
03-06-2012, 06:23 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by omglolnub View Post
The reason why it bugs me is that nbcsn constantly ******** on the Sabres whenever they're broadcasted is that new fans of hockey won't like the team and become fans. Getting more fans is how franchises keep going. Okay, or stringing along your current ones when they're gullible enough to believe that their team can make noise in the playoffs year after year *ahem!*

The merits of new/bandwagon fans is another discussion, but still, I'd rather not see the Sabres get awful PR whenever they're showcased in front of a "national" audience.
Oh geez, please let me set you staright on how a few things in the world really work.

Winning sells. new fans want to be associated with a winner. If you wish for new fans to like the Sabres, all they have to do is play better than the other teams, and win. That's when the commentaters praise them, that's when they get peoples attention, and that's all the matters. Winning. New fans want to be excited, they want to be entertained, and nothing is more exciting or entertaining then winning all the time.

The stuff McGuire and Milbury say is so meaningless that nobody remembers a single word as soon as they change the channel. What they will rememeber, are great plays made by great players. Our top line is why we didn't win over new fans last night, sorry to say.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 06:26 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlWinslow View Post
God I hate this city. Can't wait to move.
The internet aint got no zip code! You can check out, but you can NEVER leave!!

MUAHhahahHAHAhahaha MUAHAHAHAHA!!!

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Afinogretzky

Quote:

he was dominant the first half of the season. not sure what's up with him now, whether it's injuries, ruff being stupid, or pure lack of effort, but to attack the guy like that is comical. he's a great player who's gotten the **** end of every stick possible since 2007. his delusional coach hates him, he's never played with a center who can feed him the puck, and has gotten a handful of untimely, bad injuries.

he's been bad lately, but the hyperbole is ridiculous.

Afinogretzky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 06:40 PM
PanicItsVanek26

Quote:

Vanhack is not clever. Criticize his compete level but criticizing his shot is just stupid, he has as good of a shot as anyone in the league.

PanicItsVanek26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 06:54 PM
washman

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanicItsVanek26 View Post
Vanhack is not clever. Criticize his compete level but criticizing his shot is just stupid, he has as good of a shot as anyone in the league.
He is and has been getting paid an exhorbitant amount of money for his production and effort, I'd say that's quite clever

I am not criticizing his shot, I am criticizing his mental tuffness as a player when things don't go his way. He sulks like a child.

Old
03-06-2012, 07:04 PM
washman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afinogretzky View Post
he was dominant the first half of the season. not sure what's up with him now, whether it's injuries, ruff being stupid, or pure lack of effort, but to attack the guy like that is comical. he's a great player who's gotten the **** end of every stick possible since 2007. his delusional coach hates him, he's never played with a center who can feed him the puck, and has gotten a handful of untimely, bad injuries.

he's been bad lately, but the hyperbole is ridiculous.
Hyperbole...the new catch word. it means exaggeration. I dont think Im that far off.
He's had 2 years where he came close to his pay.
Imho his mental tuffness is that of a marshmellow.
these are his cheap years.
Regier coddling his rotten core is hyperbole?
Flaming players here and in the media for lack of effort is hyperbole?
Lindy doghouse .....

where is the hyperbole?

Old
03-06-2012, 07:08 PM
Dubi Doo

They gave the effort, but winnipeg had the legs to finish it. Its all about how they respond now. I'm getting tired of the top line sucking it up. This is usually the time of year they step it up. Somethings off. They need to get it going.

Dubi Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

I wish the Sabres played more like the Amerks.

Stop Winnin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 07:31 PM
washman

Quote:
Your Vanek tirade doesnt belong here. He has gotten grief - but was given a pass at first since he carried the offense with Poms for months.
Dangit...your right...I really thought I was reading and posting in the no excuses for Vanek thread. My bad.Ii didn't get your comment til now.