HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

John Scott a regular in the playoffs??

Old
03-05-2012, 07:22 PM
Bob Richards
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by haohmaru View Post
Scott is only here because he's the same size as Chara. And that's about the only reason.
Chara won't fight him though. Scott actually fights compared to the rag-doll maneuver Chara employs.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL605 View Post
Besides fighting, Scott is useless, so with no fighting in the playoffs, there's no reason to have him play.

ask these players that there isnt fighting in the playoffs

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 07:26 AM
Legend23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Brolov View Post
I think Torts will see how much more useful Scott is than Johnny M soon.
You have got to be joking....Mitchell has been a useful player who has some speed. Do we really need another slow lumbering player like Scott? We already have a bunch of big slow forwards. Scott is lost out there and no one is going to fight him when they can fight a game smaller guy in Prust whenever they want. He will be a healthy scratch consistently very soon.

Legend23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 07:41 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend23 View Post
You have got to be joking....Mitchell has been a useful player who has some speed. Do we really need another slow lumbering player like Scott? We already have a bunch of big slow forwards. Scott is lost out there and no one is going to fight him when they can fight a game smaller guy in Prust whenever they want. He will be a healthy scratch consistently very soon.
yea even at the start of the yr I was thinking Mitchell would be a usefull 13th F. I can't believe h has been in the lineup this much but as a 4th line C in the playoffs I am fine with it. Although Torts will move him up from time to time.

Scott is a big tough dude that will beat up the Debbies 2nite but he's nothing more than a spare once the playoffs start and if he does play it will be barely.

When Cally is back the lineup will get back to normal. No rush on that till he's 100% though.

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 08:05 AM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post

ask these players that there isnt fighting in the playoffs
one fight from 8 years ago....really? REALLY? really?

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 08:08 AM
pld459666

Scott and Janssen go at it toight at least twice

Rupp and Boulton

Prust and Clarkson

wanna see it

pld459666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 08:17 AM
NYR Viper

I don't think Clarkson will be dropping the gloves in this one. I am sure his coach sat him down and told him that considering he is on pace for 30 goals, he needs to stay on the ice during these big games.

NYR Viper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 09:06 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
....what?

Mitchell? thats who you are talking about? Mitchell has been a damn good player for us. His numbers arent phenomenal, but they arent terrible either for a 4th liner. He plays a solid game, has good hands, big body, and can skate. Scott can do NOTHING but fight. Hes not even a good boards player.
Exactly, Scott can't skate, and can't do much of anything, except take up space, these haters crack me up...

Mio41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 09:07 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan519 View Post
I know it's been a small sample size, but Scott is one of the worst hockey players I've ever seen. He can't skate at all and has no puck skills. I understand he's an enforcer but how much of a difference does he really make when we already have guys like Rupp, who can actually play?
Sorry to say but I agree with you he is terrible

Old
03-06-2012, 09:18 AM
Reijo R

Only way I see Scott playing in the postseason is against Boston.

Also, I'm not anti-Mitchell, but I don't get all the love for this guy. It's mind-boggling, actually, but a +14 probably explains it. He chips in with a goal here or there, but he was also advertised as a shootout weapon which he clearly is not. He's not an elite skater and he's not a gifted "hands" guy. Not really a hitter, either. He's just.....kinda....there. Won't hurt you, though.

Reijo R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 09:20 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reijo R View Post
Only way I see Scott playing in the postseason is against Boston.

Also, I'm not anti-Mitchell, but I don't get all the love for this guy. It's mind-boggling, actually, but a +14 probably explains it. He chips in with a goal here or there, but he was also advertised as a shootout weapon which he clearly is not. He's not an elite skater and he's not a gifted "hands" guy. Not really a hitter, either. He's just.....kinda....there. Won't hurt you, though.
Role player who fits the system...he doesn't have to be a superstar he's on the 4th line...

Old
03-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Reijo R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
Role player who fits the system...he doesn't have to be a superstar he's on the 4th line...
Understood, but Scott plays a role, too, a potentially important role when they play Boston. For all the guff Scott took on these boards Sunday, realize that the only chippy play you saw from Boston's toughs was done by Lucic at the buzzer, knowing Scott wasn't on the ice. You didn't see or hear a peep from Chara, Thornton, or McQuaid.

And Lucic WILL have to answer to Scott for that McD hit next time they play.

Reijo R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 09:38 AM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

McQuaid's face still hurt from getting punched out by Rupp...

Old
03-06-2012, 12:42 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

John Scott + Barb Underhill = Zdeno Chara

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 01:29 PM
Cawlidge Hawkey
NCAA ** Juniors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend23 View Post
If you actually watch Mitchell play, he does very little to make the team better. He holds onto the puck way too long and kills momentum by doing so. He gets a ton of chances, but pulls a Higgins most of the time. I'd rather have toughness in the playoffs.

Cawlidge Hawkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Krams
what a time

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post

Rupp and Boulton

Prust and Clarkson

wanna see it
Not sure that Scott will be in the lineup, Callahan might be back tonight.

Krams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Mio41
Ron Harris #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pld459666 View Post

Rupp and Boulton

Prust and Clarkson

wanna see it
I've never seen Boulton win a fight, Clarkson won't fight Pruster, he'll fight Boyle or Dubi ...Rupp takes out Janssen, Bickel ko's Boulton...

Old
03-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mio41 View Post
I've never seen Boulton win a fight, Clarkson won't fight Pruster, he'll fight Boyle or Dubi ...Rupp takes out Janssen, Bickel ko's Boulton...
was Boulton not waived? Maybe he wasnt sent down

anywho Scott likely scratched 2nite with Cally hopefully back so that can end this thread of if Scott would play in the playoffs....if healthy no way he will

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 04:10 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 50
Wait what, no fighting in the playoffs?

Anyone seriously believes that there's not going to be a good amount of fighting in a series with us vs the flyers, bruins, or devils?

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 04:30 PM
satrabyk

believe it or not the game has changed a lot since they won the cup. You cant have two slow guys in Rupp and Scott on the ice that often you will get killed in your own zone.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 04:32 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Brolov View Post
If you actually watch Mitchell play, he does very little to make the team better. He holds onto the puck way too long and kills momentum by doing so. He gets a ton of chances, but pulls a Higgins most of the time. I'd rather have toughness in the playoffs.
Actually Mitchell has been great this year imo, even on the fourth line role he throws his body regularly, clears the zone and plays hard. Idk what your watcing but hes been a good soldier and can be moved up and down the roster. Great pick up so far. you dont have to be Scott to be tough.

Old
03-06-2012, 04:37 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan519 View Post
I know it's been a small sample size, but Scott is one of the worst hockey players I've ever seen. He can't skate at all and has no puck skills. I understand he's an enforcer but how much of a difference does he really make when we already have guys like Rupp, who can actually play?
I wouldint throw him under the bus like that, hes very lumbering and big with not much speed but his hockey sense from what ive seen is not bad and his hands are ok, no i dont want him every night but on occassion he seems willing to drop them at any time an a usefull warrior.

Old
03-06-2012, 04:41 PM
83lastUsee
CmotherfnK

I still think he will be a deterrent from say lucic or cooke running one of our guys. Do we play boston anymore in reg season because what he did to MCD is comical and i hope lucic meet scotts right hand

83lastUsee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
I just don't get it. Supposedly Scott was going to "intimidate" teams like Boston into not running Rangers or taking liberties. It still happened.

I just don't understand the role of a player like him who can't really take a regular shift. Rupp can, and so the toughness he brings is appreciated. But what exactly does Scott do? He didn't seem to do much against the Bruins...

Khelvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 06:53 PM
JayQueensNY88*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
personally i'd imagine he'd be a healthy scratch far more often than not
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
It depends on team health and potential roster additions.
Yup and yup..But you never know ,being he did use Dingman and Roy year of the Bolts cup...I mean if he is solid on the blue line,i dont see why he wuoldnt stay.but I highly doubt hes a reg.

JayQueensNY88* is offline   Reply With Quote