HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Attracting UFAs

Old
03-06-2012, 12:36 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelsLike93 View Post
I dont think we even have the cap space for Parise AND Suter. Dont we need to resign RFA's like Price,Subban,Emelin......
Just moving Gomez clears room for one of those 2 easily. I'm sure we could make cap space if we were able to get both without giving them like 10 mil cap hit each.

Say we were able to sign Parise at 64 mil for 8 years front loaded(10, 10, 10, 10, 8, 6,6 and 4) and Suter at 49 mil over 7 front loaded(9, 9, 9, 9, 7, 5, 3) I'm sure we could find a way to clear 15 mil for those 2.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 01:48 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Just moving Gomez clears room for one of those 2 easily. I'm sure we could make cap space if we were able to get both without giving them like 10 mil cap hit each.

Say we were able to sign Parise at 64 mil for 8 years front loaded(10, 10, 10, 10, 8, 6,6 and 4) and Suter at 49 mil over 7 front loaded(9, 9, 9, 9, 7, 5, 3) I'm sure we could find a way to clear 15 mil for those 2.
Not going to happen.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 02:50 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Not going to happen.
Definitely a longshot, but I'd be disapointed if my GM didn't at least make a competitive offer on both.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Definitely a longshot, but I'd be disapointed if my GM didn't at least make a competitive offer on both.
absolutely...

if they both hit UFA, whomever our GM is should have a clear mandate to be in the running, at least offer-wise, for both.

it's a pipe dream at best, but the kind of game-changing move(s) that could propel us from also-ran/bottom-feeder, to contender in one single afternoon.

Parise- Pleks- Bourque/Gionta (one would have to go cap-wise)
Patches - DD - Cole
Leblanc - Eller - Moen
Geoffrion - White - Darche
???

P.K - Suter
Markov - Gorges
Diaz - Emelin
Weber

Price
Budaj

that's a roster that can contend for a top-4 conference spot and with the skill/depth to make a deep playoff run... drooooool.....

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Lemons

As much as i love Parise. there should be a 8m dollar offer to suter. The only thing i am worried about is that he'll turn into a Jay-Bo

Lemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Mrb1p

Hey guy's there's a winger in Nashville. He has 4 points in 3 games and is UFA next year, he's also big and talented. Do we sign him?

Oh I also forgot that he stated he could sign at a lesser price in montreal he loves playing here!

Trolling tha trolllz

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Pretty simple really:

two chicks at the same taaame.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 10:47 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 167
I know there's a lot of blame to go around for our current situation and people don't like our GMs and coaches. However, if we were capable of attracting top notch UFAs, we would have probably gotten at least one of them in recent years. It would be quite a surprise, to me, if either Gauthier or Gainey had not even tried providing a competitive offer to any of them. I simply think they are willing to take less money to join a potential Stanley Cup contender, something we simply are not.

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 05:02 PM
Young Gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Sure, Montreal isn't as attractive as New York for UFAs, but we ain't exactly Minnesota or Carolina, either. The city and franchise still carry a strong appeal. You don't become stuck with a 'bottom dweller' tag because of one bad season.

A healthy and playing Markov adds some prestige to our team. Defensemen will want to play alongside him. Carey Price is considered elite and carries similar prestige.

Luckily, the rest of the league doesn't see all the squabbling and whining behind the scenes of our obsessive fan base. They see a team that fell off the map this season because they're young and rebuilding. The message is that the new Habs are reinventing themselves as younger, bigger and tougher.

Lastly, introducing a new coach early in the off-season will help build a buzz that we're headed in a fresh new direction.
Have you watched price play lately, a few more games like that and he will be considered a joke moreso than an elite player

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote