HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Sean Avery situation

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2012, 11:10 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

vCash: 500
Avery is done as a NYR. Maybe done as a hockey player. Not quite the ending I expected.

Old
03-06-2012, 12:01 PM
Vitto79

is he playing in CT? Is he even practicing?

last I heard he was a scratch and collecting this 4 million from the Rangers and Dallas

Old
03-06-2012, 12:03 PM
NYR Viper

He was not on the clear-day roster for the Whale so he can not participate in the AHL playoffs. They decided to put another player on there in his place.

Old
03-06-2012, 12:16 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
He was not on the clear-day roster for the Whale so he can not participate in the AHL playoffs. They decided to put another player on there in his place.
his value must be more than negative then since he is not even playing. Still surprised he didnt go on waivers by the trade deadline. Its not like his cap hit will hurt now

Old
03-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Leetch66

Oh well...he is smarter than a lot give him credit for . He is a multi Millionaire and not working and still on payroll...not bad for a guy with probably grade 12 education and marginal skills and undoubtedly set for life and still at a young age .

Old
03-06-2012, 04:40 PM
satrabyk

Why the hell did these teams not pick him up when they could have esp Cal Avery would be top 6 easy on that team. Makes no sense what do they have to lose. Its to late now though lol. no playoffs again for Cal.

Old
03-06-2012, 04:45 PM
nyr5186

If Avery is still serious about continuing his hockey career (which no one really knows at the moment besides him), somebody will give him a 1 year deal at close to the league minimum this offseason.

If so, I wonder what reaction he'll get his first time back at MSG.

Old
03-06-2012, 04:45 PM
Stepanformayor*

There is not a team in the NHL that Sean Avery is a top 6 forward on. I want what your smoking dude!!!

Old
03-06-2012, 04:54 PM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsposHounds View Post
There is not a team in the NHL that Sean Avery is a top 6 forward on. I want what your smoking dude!!!
He was on our team for a year and a half what does that tell you. And trust their are teams he would be, esp Calgary. Even if he was on the third line if he wants to play hes a major help for the team aquiring him.

Old
03-06-2012, 05:08 PM
we want cup
We do not Sow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr5186 View Post
If Avery is still serious about continuing his hockey career (which no one really knows at the moment besides him), somebody will give him a 1 year deal at close to the league minimum this offseason.

If so, I wonder what reaction he'll get his first time back at MSG.
I can't imagine he isn't gonna retire.

RANGERS =
Old
03-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Khelvan

Send a message via ICQ to Khelvan Send a message via AIM to Khelvan Send a message via MSN to Khelvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by EsposHounds View Post
There isn't a team in the NHL that couldn't use his amazing vision, agitation, and hard work on their top two lines, including the NYR. It's a shame what Torts' hate has done to his career. A crying shame.

Old
03-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Jim Ramsay

Really? top 6?? There is NO team that can be good with avery in their top 6. I actually like Avery, but when I hear things like this it makes me not want to like him.

Honestly, Avery can be good on teams in the nhl playing in the bottom 6. Avery is never going to be a guy that is going to take a team over the top with this goal scoring/play-makikng ability, its time for people to just stop already.

And for people that are going to question torts for not playing him, I'm just going to say look at the standings....Enough already with this

Old
03-06-2012, 05:32 PM
ck20

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khelvan View Post
There isn't a team in the NHL that couldn't use his amazing vision, agitation, and hard work on their top two lines, including the NYR. It's a shame what Torts' hate has done to his career. A crying shame.
You must be thinking of a different Avery.

He hasn't been an agitating force for the last couple seasons now, and Torts is having no part of the countless penalties having him play for us would inevitably cause. You don't want your team being short-handed simply because the refs are looking for nearly any reason to flex their whistles at this guy. Sad, but true. Him simply being in the line up would be hindering this team.

Amazing vision? I don't have to say much about this, he just doesn't have any sort of amazing quality to his hockey sense.

He has absolutely NO place on NYR's top 6. Plain and simple. And as far as hard work..if he was really a hard worker, he would have stepped his game up during his time in the AHL to prove he belongs back in the NHL on a big-time club. He hasn't, case closed. We have no room for Avery back on this team in any capacity.

Old
03-06-2012, 07:00 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
You must be thinking of a different Avery.

He hasn't been an agitating force for the last couple seasons now, and Torts is having no part of the countless penalties having him play for us would inevitably cause. You don't want your team being short-handed simply because the refs are looking for nearly any reason to flex their whistles at this guy. Sad, but true. Him simply being in the line up would be hindering this team.

Amazing vision? I don't have to say much about this, he just doesn't have any sort of amazing quality to his hockey sense.

He has absolutely NO place on NYR's top 6. Plain and simple. And as far as hard work..if he was really a hard worker, he would have stepped his game up during his time in the AHL to prove he belongs back in the NHL on a big-time club. He hasn't, case closed. We have no room for Avery back on this team in any capacity.
Hahahahaha. Khelvan strikes again.

FYI - I'm not sure exactly when it happened, but at some point after all the ridiculous arguments with Avery fans over the years, Khelvan decided to simply start posting borderline over the top praise of him every time he is mentioned.

Fantastic that he's still in character all these many months later.

Old
03-06-2012, 07:55 PM
azrok22

Quote:
Darren Dreger ‏ @DarrenDreger

Avery's days with the NYR organization pretty much done. Told today no need to show up in Connecticut.
Farewell, Sean.

Old
03-06-2012, 08:02 PM
azrok22

Confirmation from Brooks:

Quote:
Larry Brooks ‏ @NYP_Brooksie

Rangers informed Avery today he is not on AHL Whale post-season roster & should no longer report for practices or games. Last played 1/27.

Old
03-06-2012, 10:32 PM
Evgeny Oliker

vCash: 1140
I'm not getting why the Rangers have to be *******s about this.

If he did something wrong to the organization, ok, great, dont play him.

But why not put him on re-entry waivers and let another team grab him? Yes, it will cost us half the cap hit(about $1) for just this season. But trade deadline is over so its not like we need the cap room or something for a trade!

Old
03-06-2012, 10:36 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

don't need him anymore.

Old
03-06-2012, 11:07 PM
Mrpuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeny Oliker View Post
I'm not getting why the Rangers have to be *******s about this.

If he did something wrong to the organization, ok, great, dont play him.

But why not put him on re-entry waivers and let another team grab him? Yes, it will cost us half the cap hit(about $1) for just this season. But trade deadline is over so its not like we need the cap room or something for a trade!
My guess was they wanted to make sure if they needed that extra cap space they had it on Monday. Call-ups had to be made by Friday I believe. Looks like they full intended in making some deals, but the chips didn't fall where they wanted.

Old
03-07-2012, 01:31 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

its not like Averys been a good soldier down there. he was a total ****** and earned his benchings. Wolski got himself a trade out of here because he was a good soldier. Avery, not so much.

Old
03-07-2012, 04:04 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Quote:
The Rangers yesterday informed Sean Avery he will not be on the AHL Whale’s post-season roster while also instructing the winger to longer report to the rink for club practices or games.

The dictate followed myriad incidents between Avery and the staffs in Connecticut and New York that could be classified as, “related to discipline,” all of which occurred after general manager Glen Sather declined to place the winger on re-entry waivers the second week of January when requested to do so by another NHL club.
Quote:
Avery, assigned to the Whale after clearing waivers on Dec. 31, apparently believed he could force his way out of the AHL by confronting management rather than wait for Sather to oblige as it grew nearer to the deadline.

Avery has not played in a game for the Whale since Jan. 27 and has not practiced with the team for approximately three weeks, instead skating on his own under management orders.
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz1oQLcDRUN

Avery should have kept his mouth shut and been a good little boy.

Old
03-07-2012, 04:10 AM
hanrahan

sean avery!

Old
03-07-2012, 06:17 AM
MAYO

As a true Ranger fan, and a huge Avery fan I'm not going to get into a useless battle with those who think he doesn't have the skill set to play in the NHL. But what I will say is this, and sorry as I mentioned it in another post, but if Torts is hoping to play with more edge by having both Scott and Rupp in the lineup, big mistake. Avery is easily the better player out of all three and can still easily get other players to take dumb penalties! Please don't even bother responding to my post if you are going to tell me that both Scott and Rupp are better players!!

Old
03-07-2012, 06:31 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYO View Post
As a true Ranger fan, and a huge Avery fan I'm not going to get into a useless battle with those who think he doesn't have the skill set to play in the NHL. But what I will say is this, and sorry as I mentioned it in another post, but if Torts is hoping to play with more edge by having both Scott and Rupp in the lineup, big mistake. Avery is easily the better player out of all three and can still easily get other players to take dumb penalties! Please don't even bother responding to my post if you are going to tell me that both Scott and Rupp are better players!!
They aren't we got scott for a fear factor. Rupp is here for some toughness and the playoffs...Avery has that edge but probably hates us now, so it's game over :[

Old
03-07-2012, 09:47 AM
Chimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Confirmation from Brooks:
Now also nhl.com has picked up on the news. Has Avery done anything to warrant this? Has he had a bad attitude? Played horrendeusly?

Closed Thread