HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Call up Zuccarello (RECALLED - 3/11)

Old
03-05-2012, 06:43 AM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
so can we all agree if anyone gets hurt they wont go with Scott in the playoffs?

if true then who gets called up? Zuke makes sense no?

Wellman, Newbury, Thuresson, Deveaux are other options

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 07:08 AM
Glennsoe
Horndog

Erixon,deveaux,thuressen,newbury,zuke,wellman is likely the call up order

Glennsoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 07:18 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
Erixon,deveaux,thuressen,newbury,zuke,wellman is likely the call up order
yea for D Erixon but after that for F its a toss up depending on what they need. top 6 or bottom 6........who is leading CT in pts ?

Old
03-05-2012, 07:21 AM
petejudge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
yea for D Erixon but after that for F its a toss up depending on what they need. top 6 or bottom 6........who is leading CT in pts ?
i'm pretty sure jonathon audy-marchessault leads CT in points but he's on an ATO so i don't think he can be called up.

edit: he does with 49 points, 17th in the league. i've been praising JAM's game on these forums all year and would love for him to get a chance with the big club

petejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 07:23 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

vCash: 50
Quote:
Newbury
JAM
Dev
MZA

Newbury is also highest in PPG, closely followd by MZA. Only two PPG + players on the Whale

Hellion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Newbury
JAM
Dev
MZA

Newbury is also highest in PPG, closely followd by MZA. Only two PPG + players on the Whale
ok so do fans really want Newbury again? In the NHL he has been nothing more than a gritty 4th liner, he doesnt score for in the bigs..........Deveaux got suspended and is another Scott with yea more offense but I dont want to see him again this yr.............JAM is not signed to a 2 way deal so he cant come up

so Zuke makes sense. I do think Wellman would be the first call even though I support Zuke........also when is Kolarik due back?

Old
03-05-2012, 07:53 AM
Slayem
Lucky Zuke

Quote:
ok so do fans really want Newbury again? In the NHL he has been nothing more than a gritty 4th liner, he doesnt score for in the bigs..........Deveaux got suspended and is another Scott with yea more offense but I dont want to see him again this yr.............JAM is not signed to a 2 way deal so he cant come up

so Zuke makes sense. I do think Wellman would be the first call even though I support Zuke........also when is Kolarik due back?
Well, Torts need grinders not skills so Zuke is out of the question. Newbury can grind so he`s the obvious choice. I watched the game last night against Bruins which actually PLAYS hockey, too bad Torts doesnt want that as he get rid of skilled people as soon as they arrive. I call it destructive hockey.

Slayem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 10:33 AM
Rust Heisenberg

Yea the call up is a strange one.

I'd actually assume it was Kreider if he signs. *Given that there is an injury*...

Newbury and Deveaux are loose cannons. Not much help added from either of them really besides intimidation factor and neither of them can fight in the playoffs.

Zuke is small and I think Torts likes Hagelin on the 2nd line (where Zuke would have to go).

Welman seems like the obvious choice but again, he's listed as a top 2 liner. He won't get in either of those and if he were to be inserted in the bottom 2 lines he would have little to no effect as he is not a grinder.

That leaves pretty much Kreider, if he signs. If not, and the options above are our only ones, then it will be Newman. Torts is familiar with him and that seems to always be the call up when we're in a scramble.

Rust Heisenberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 10:53 AM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Quote:
Originally Posted by petejudge View Post
i'm pretty sure jonathon audy-marchessault leads CT in points but he's on an ATO so i don't think he can be called up.

edit: he does with 49 points, 17th in the league. i've been praising JAM's game on these forums all year and would love for him to get a chance with the big club
I'm with you. I don't want him here, this year, but the future looks bright for this kid. I'm pretty excited (surprised) about the year he's having.

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 12:07 PM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by petejudge View Post

11 Kris Newbury C 47 20 30 50 -5 111 6 0 1.06 2.36 162
18 Jonathan Audy-Marchessault C 58 18 31 49 +1 42 8 1 0.84 0.72 175
7 Andre Deveaux RW 44 19 18 37 +3 117 13 0 0.84 2.66 107
36 Mats Zuccarello RW 35 12 24 36 +6 22 5 0 1.03 0.63 88

Newbury leads the whale with 50 points.

Old
03-06-2012, 07:16 PM
Vitto79

bump..........its gonna be brought up if Dubi is hurt for a while, lol

Old
03-06-2012, 10:41 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

I wanna see Zuc again. Just...one more shot

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 10:57 PM
KreiMeARiver
Have Confidence

Quote:
bump..........its gonna be brought up if Dubi is hurt for a while, lol
Why? Why? Why???????????????????????

He's NOT AN NHL PLAYER.

Moreover..

HE'S NOT THE KIND OF PLAYER WE WANT FOR A CUP RUN.

oh and...

HE'S NOT AN NHL PLAYER.

KreiMeARiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 10:58 PM
bmw2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
I wanna see Zuc again. Just...one more shot
Ok. Thanks I'll call John Torts the stubborn.

bmw2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:27 AM
RegalRangers

Well here's the thing, we are definitely gonna make the playoffs. For once we don't have to worry about that.

I think it's pretty clear that Scott is not a guy we wanna see take regular shifts in the postseason. I'm fine with other teams' goons landing blows on Scott instead of another Ranger until the end of the regular season, but beyond that I'd rather have him warming the bench in case there comes a game or two in a physical series where we need to send a message.

I'd like the team to call up maybe two forwards between now and the postseason so we can feel confident about one of them being called up in case of an injury in the playoffs. See if there's someone who gels better than the other. Does this make sense? I don't feel like we're risking that much giving Scott's minutes to someone else for a few games at a time while we're in NO danger of missing the playoffs. Now would be a good time to start that process, especially if Dubi is injured. I'd like to see Zucc again, personally. Can't claim to follow the Whalepack much though so I can't really speak to WHO those guys should be.

The defense will have to just suck it up. We'll have to let Bickel, Eminger and Woywitka compete for ice time. I'm not too worried about the rest of the D guys. Tonight was bad but they've played so well this season I doubt they just lose it all of a sudden.

RegalRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:37 AM
nyrfan519

It'd be nice to have Wolski right now.

Just sayin'.

nyrfan519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:39 AM
MDL8981

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide85 View Post
Why? Why? Why???????????????????????

He's NOT AN NHL PLAYER.

Moreover..

HE'S NOT THE KIND OF PLAYER WE WANT FOR A CUP RUN.

oh and...

HE'S NOT AN NHL PLAYER.
Neither is Scott.....

MDL8981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 06:06 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrfan519 View Post
It'd be nice to have Wolski right now.

Just sayin'.
lol, true one one way but in another it would never work with Torts...........Zuke is Wolski in my opinion......both talented guys

Old
03-07-2012, 06:32 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw2004 View Post
Ok. Thanks I'll call John Torts the stubborn.
I will too The sad part is i feel like he's the one objecting to it while Slats and other guys might wanna see him up here

Silence Of The Plams is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 07:42 AM
True Blue

Quote:
lol, true one one way but in another it would never work with Torts...........Zuke is Wolski in my opinion......both talented guys
For a team that has uncharacteristically been loosing battles left and right and has been guilty of poor defensive play, neither is an option.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 09:48 AM
TRC
Rookie User

Zuccarello is NOT an NHL player. Small and plays even smaller.

Plus, with his agent asking Sather to let him out of contract to return to Europe he signed his walking papers with the Ranger

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/category/mats-zuccarello/

Quote:
Buzz: Mats Zuccarello Will Only Ask To Leave If He Isn’t Part Of The Future
posted on November 15th, 2011 at 9:27 am
According to a Norwegian Newspaper, via Christopher, Mats Zuccarello has said that he won’t ask for the Rangers to trade or move him unless he gets indication that he isn’t in the teams future plans.

The story says that Zucc’s agent is speaking with Glen Sather about his place in the organizations plans.

A Swedish newspaper reports that after losing Freddy Sjostrom to another team, FBK wanted to replace him with Zuccarello.

Another paper from Europe quotes his agent as saying, “Mats do not thrive at all in the AHL. He has said he wants to go home if there is an improvement.” The report indicates that teams in the KHL, Swiss and Swedish leagues, including MODO, would like to bring him in.

Sather said over the weekend that he wasn’t going to let Zuccarello out of his contract to play in Europe.

Earlier this month Zuccarello said:

- If I am not within a reasonable time feel that Rangers are interested in getting me back, and go for me, I must look for another top club in the United States. There is a limit to how long it’s interesting for me to have it now. I would like if they do not really have any future plans for me.

Zuccarello has ten points in Hartford this season.

TRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:11 AM
Placid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC View Post
Plus, with his agent asking Sather to let him out of contract to return to Europe he signed his walking papers with the Ranger
That is mostly a media creation, when has Zucc ever said anything other than that he wants to fight his way back to the NHL ?

Placid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:15 AM
TRC
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placid View Post
That is mostly a media creation, when has Zucc ever said anything other than that he wants to fight his way back to the NHL ?

Quote:
Another paper from Europe quotes his agent as saying, “Mats do not thrive at all in the AHL. He has said he wants to go home if there is an improvement.” The report indicates that teams in the KHL, Swiss and Swedish leagues, including MODO, would like to bring him in.

I consider a report from that blog more credible than you just shooting that down.

TRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:17 AM
Hellion
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Zuccarello is NOT an NHL player. Small and plays even smaller.

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/category/mats-zuccarello/
Lol, good research!
This was discussed when this article appeard back in november.
Mats came out and denied that he wanted out, and has on plenty of occations since then talked about how he likes it in NA, is determined to fight his way back.

Quote:
Earlier this month Zuccarello said:

- If I am not within a reasonable time feel that Rangers are interested in getting me back, and go for me, I must look for another top club in the United States. There is a limit to how long it’s interesting for me to have it now. I would like if they do not really have any future plans for me.
Jupp, he wants back to Europe lol.
FYI, if he wanted to so bad he could have packed up and left already

Using a 4 month old article that turned out to be pure speculation and a bluff isnt exactly helping your case if you are arguing that he dont have what it takes to make it in the NHL.

Old
03-07-2012, 10:28 AM
Placid

Quote:
I consider a report from that blog more credible than you just shooting that down.
Thats fine.. i guess you weren't around when it was discussed (you know, when it was published and talked about in here)

Placid is offline   Reply With Quote