HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Hit Somebody!!!

Closed Thread

Old
11-14-2003, 11:14 AM
Don'tcry4mejanhrdina

vCash: 500
Webb is not talented and he barely even plays. How do you expect him to have the puck all the time. I'll agree that he plays to hit, but his hits are clean. No elbows, no knees, no jumping 3 feet off the ice like Tucker. why does it bother you guys so much if Webb doesn't have talent? He's not playing on your team. It bothers people other than Toronto fans that the Leafs have a lot of dirty players because they try to injure people. Webb does turtle, but because he turtled in one game he got the Pens a 7 minute powerplay. That's his job and he does it well. And if you watch a Pens game you'll notice that hardly anybody on the Pens has possesion of puck for most games, let alone a guy who plays 4 minutes a game.

Old
11-14-2003, 11:15 AM
Dar

Send a message via MSN to Dar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fata19
If my memory is right, i believe that Webb beat the crap out of Tucker two years ago in the playoffs.
Plus, the only player out of that whole list there worth talking about is Roberts. Nolan is washed up and Toronto wants him out and Domi and Tucker just plain suck
Your memory is obviously wrong then. Webb has never dropped the gloves in the postseason. What you may be thinking of is the one hit Webb threw at Tucker (which was an illegal hit BTW, Webb received a 2 min minor for roughing) at which Tucker got up, grabbed the first Islander he could find which happened to be Jason Blake whom he proceeded to pound on. Where was Webb when this happened, even though he knew he was the ignitor of this incident. That's right, on his way back to the bench. As for the Domi an Tucker just plain suck, well, that's just an ignorant trolling statement. Tucker is the definition of an agitator, Webb is not.

Old
11-14-2003, 11:44 AM
Steve Latin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinto80
anyone who says webb isnt dirty, is a troll
...I know you are but what am I?

Can we please axe this thread? The last thing we need after losing our last 3 games by over 3 goals is for Leafs fans to come in here explicitly to talk **** on a forward who spend 59 minutes a game on the bench.

S L

Old
11-14-2003, 11:48 AM
Courage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDB3939
The Leafs have the dirtiest players in the league. What do you expect from a coach that is partially responsible for ending Orr's career?
How old are you? Have you seen the hit on tape? I know people well who saw it live - a hard bodycheck, caught Orr on the chin, knocking him out, but no damage to Orr's knees, which were his eventual downfall. I've also spoken to Bobby personally on a number of occaisions, and asked him about that hit - he seems to recall it differently than you do. He suggested that he had his head down. If anything, the hit was an elbow, but nothing to do with Bobby's knees.

Pat and Bobby are still pals to this day.

Old
11-14-2003, 11:50 AM
Courage*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario66
Webb is not talented and he barely even plays. How do you expect him to have the puck all the time. I'll agree that he plays to hit, but his hits are clean. No elbows, no knees, no jumping 3 feet off the ice like Tucker. why does it bother you guys so much if Webb doesn't have talent? He's not playing on your team. It bothers people other than Toronto fans that the Leafs have a lot of dirty players because they try to injure people. Webb does turtle, but because he turtled in one game he got the Pens a 7 minute powerplay. That's his job and he does it well. And if you watch a Pens game you'll notice that hardly anybody on the Pens has possesion of puck for most games, let alone a guy who plays 4 minutes a game.
Webb consistently leaves his feet on many of the checks he throws, actually.

Old
11-14-2003, 12:07 PM
syc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fata19
If my memory is right, i believe that Webb beat the crap out of Tucker two years ago in the playoffs.
Plus, the only player out of that whole list there worth talking about is Roberts. Nolan is washed up and Toronto wants him out and Domi and Tucker just plain suck
Isn't funny how half the teams in the NHL would be interested in two players that just plain suck.

Nolan had what 64 points last year? He'll get what 60-70 again this year?

Go watch your Pens and enjoy them now because they won't be around much longer.

Old
11-14-2003, 12:09 PM
Steve Latin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by syc
Go watch your Pens and enjoy them now because they won't be around much longer.
Good advice... perfectly describes my relationship with your mother.

S L

Old
11-14-2003, 12:43 PM
syc

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDB3939
Tucker went low on him. Not exactly illegal, but when he says several times in the paper or to Peca that he was going to come after him. Makes you think.

Marchment just can't hit right. He sticks his legs and knees out everytime he hits it seems like. It isn't a maturity thing, it's a pure stupidity thing.

If Peca didn't try to squril sp? his way out of the hit he wouldn't have been injured.

Old
11-14-2003, 12:47 PM
syc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Latin
Good advice... perfectly describes my relationship with your mother.

S L
Think of that one yourself or did you get help from your 9 year old sister?

Old
11-14-2003, 12:50 PM
Steve Latin*

Quote:
Originally Posted by syc
Think of that one yourself or did you get help from your 9 year old sister?
clown shoes.

S L

Old
11-14-2003, 01:15 PM
The Tang
I like gooooollllddd

alright, the thread is closed.

for you toronto fans, what is wrong with you? stay on your own board. if you don like webb, you dont come over to our board and troll. did you guys ever think that instances like this is why all the other fans on this board take pot shots at you constantly? grow up and admit not everyone on your team is great already. jesus...

Closed Thread