HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Devils 3/6/2012 - The Horror Show on D

View Poll Results: Who sucked more tonight?
Daniel Girardi 5 11.36%
Danny Boy Girardi 2 4.55%
Danny Girardi 2 4.55%
Dan Girardi 12 27.27%
Dan G-Money Girardi 23 52.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-06-2012, 09:05 PM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
Stralman has 1 bad giveaway against Boston and he's a healthy scratch? Oh come on. If Torts made everyone who turned the puck over a healthy scratch next game, we'd only have Hank left.

And I know everyone here hates Johnny Malkin, but I take him over Scott any day of the week.

Watch the tape, and move on.
Agreed on the first 2 points, however they need to watch the tape and make serious adjustments. Way too many turnovers up the center, when will this team learn? They are better than that and had been until the Chicago game, these are things that can easily be corrected by making better plays.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 09:06 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattyd99 View Post
Do you think we've played well the last month or so? I don't and even though we've been getting points that cant last forever. I understand the optimistic view but it can't last forever. At some point you have to be realistic and realize the team needs to play better.
There is an inherent difference between playing poor hockey, and not playing your best but still getting the job done. The Rangers belong in the latter group. Have we played as well as earlier this year, not by a long shot. But its a long taxing season, and we have been very fortunate to stave off any extended rough patches. The "rough" patches we have gone through we have still managed to get points out of, hence why we stand where we stand. The doom and gloomers going on about how we bleeping suck, were done in the first round etc etc. Its foolish, and I question if those folks have ever partook in a competitive sport and the intracacies it involves.

MrEctions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MDL8981

The defense has resembled the 1998-04 Rangers as of late. The amount of brutal turnovers....you would think Schneider, Quintal and Ulanov are out on the ice again. Good grief.

MDL8981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

vCash: 50
Time for DZ and Staalsy to play 30 a night...

Tanner Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
IBleedNYRBlue

Holy overreaction going on.

Scratch Girardi? wtf? He's having a bad stretch, let's calm down.

IBleedNYRBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 09:07 PM
charlie460
Stone Age Hockey

Quote:
Do you think we've played well the last month or so? I don't and even though we've been getting points that cant last forever. I understand the optimistic view but it can't last forever. At some point you have to be realistic and realize the team needs to play better.
Agreed, it's not just this game.

charlie460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 09:08 PM
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
Agreed on the first 2 points, however they need to watch the tape and make serious adjustments. Way too many turnovers up the center, when will this team learn? They are better than that and had been until the Chicago game, these are things that can easily be corrected by making better plays.
Well yes. When insaid watch the tape, I didn't just mean eat some popcorn and watch it. I meant point out all that they did wrong and right.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 09:09 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Ugh-oh. Lundqvist's stranglehold on the Vezina is loosening.

Lundqvist 31W 1.84GAA .937SV% 8SO
Quick 26W 1.92GAA .932SV% 7SO
Rinne 36W 2.30GAA .927SV% 4SO

Does Henrik hold onto the Vezina? Quick's numbers are starting to creep in on Lundqvist and Rinne is a winning machine and work horse.

I really hope Lundqvist can hold on. I think he has played fine these three games, excellent tonight, but it shows that three straight 3+ goal games / sub .900SV% statistical performances can quickly impact the race.

When Lundqvist had a .940, it was his to lose. Just .005 in front of Quick, it becomes more interesting.
Is Rinne in goal?? Cause the Kings have put up a 5 spot on them tonight.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Meanwhile every win brings a new '94 team thread. It's one extreme or another.
Agreed. It goers both ways. This team is what it is. A hard working grind it out defensively responsible team with an all world goalie. Would I bet on them to win it all this year, more than likely not. I think they could be in the discussion, but so much has to happen to make that a reality. Anyone who has ever won a Cup has had some puck luck, along with some timely goals. I think, realistically, the next 3 years is our true window.

Unfortunately you have many fans who are on a super high after a win, or a super, we ****ing suck, low after a loss. There aren't many who watch the game objectively and see the in between.

Old
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDL8981 View Post
The defense has resembled the 1998-04 Rangers as of late. The amount of brutal turnovers....you would think Schneider, Quintal and Ulanov are out on the ice again. Good grief.
You forgot Karpa and Pilon! Seriously, McD and Girardi need to see a decrease in icetime and Torts has to continue to lean on Staal as he was the best player on the ice besides Hank tonight.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 09:11 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEctions View Post
Some serious overreaction going on in here tonight. Probably due to the fact it was against the Devils, but really, it's one game of an 82 game season. Relax people, Christ sakes...
yea people are loons.........go beat up Ottawa. Any updates on Dubi?

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 09:11 PM
mattyd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEctions View Post
There is an inherent difference between playing poor hockey, and not playing your best but still getting the job done. The Rangers belong in the latter group. Have we played as well as earlier this year, not by a long shot. But its a long taxing season, and we have been very fortunate to stave off any extended rough patches. The "rough" patches we have gone through we have still managed to get points out of, hence why we stand where we stand. The doom and gloomers going on about how we bleeping suck, were done in the first round etc etc. Its foolish, and I question if those folks have ever partook in a competitive sport and the intracacies it involves.
That's what I'm trying to say, this team hasn't been playing it's best and getting points but it cant last forever. At some point you stop getting into OT or winning in the 3rd when being down going into it. Tonight was a night of poor hockey. There have been games recently like this where they have gotten points. I think the team is worn down, they've played too many grinding games and now we're seeing poor play and the luck worn out.

mattyd99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 09:12 PM
Machinehead
RIP Robin Williams

And not to overreact, but the level of suckage Brad Richards has achieved is over 9000. That's not a one game thing, it's been all season.

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
Yeah, just checked that out. Let up five goals and got yanked after 46 minutes. That helps. I just think at this point in the season, any stumble by the Rangers (as seen the past few games) that causes Lundqvist to lose the Vezina would be criminal. The man deserves it.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fitzy
All Is Well

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post
yea people are loons.........go beat up Ottawa. Any updates on Dubi?
There has been nothing so far, but the fact that he was ruled out for the remainder of the game is not a promising sign. Maybe he went for X-rays but would that take the entire game?

03-06-2012, 09:14 PM
Squarp
Ranger for Life

seriously we lose one game and its like we are in last place. If somebody told me before the season that we would be 42-16-7 and 1st place in the league. But we lost the last game we played to the Devils, I wouldn't believe them because it sounds to good to be true. Stop the over-reacting.

Squarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 09:14 PM
MrEctions
Willy Nilly

Quote:
That's what I'm trying to say, this team hasn't been playing it's best and getting points but it cant last forever. At some point you stop getting into OT or winning in the 3rd when being down going into it. Tonight was a night of poor hockey. There have been games recently like this where they have gotten points. I think the team is worn down, they've played too many grinding games and now we're seeing poor play and the luck worn out.
I think were on the same page for the most part. What I will say is that the work we have done throughout the season has basically guaranteed us home ice advantage through the playoffs. If Pitt catches us and we drop to 4th, I don't necessarily view it as such a huge letdown. The Presidents trophy really means nothing to me tbh.

Old
03-06-2012, 09:15 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fataldogg View Post
Ugh-oh. Lundqvist's stranglehold on the Vezina is loosening.

Lundqvist 31W 1.84GAA .937SV% 8SO
Quick 26W 1.92GAA .932SV% 7SO
Rinne 36W 2.30GAA .927SV% 4SO

Does Henrik hold onto the Vezina? Quick's numbers are starting to creep in on Lundqvist and Rinne is a winning machine and work horse.

I really hope Lundqvist can hold on. I think he has played fine these three games, excellent tonight, but it shows that three straight 3+ goal games / sub .900SV% statistical performances can quickly impact the race.

When Lundqvist had a .940, it was his to lose. Just .005 in front of Quick, it becomes more interesting.
Rinne is a winning machine? Dude has a GAA of 2.30 and he gave up 5 goals tonight.

SnowblindNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
mattyd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie460 View Post
Agreed, it's not just this game.
Thank you. I don't post much but when I do it's for reason. This has been going on for a while and I hope it changes but realistically, with this style of play throughout a year it's not likely.

mattyd99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
frankthefrowner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
There has been nothing so far, but the fact that he was ruled out for the remainder of the game is not a promising sign. Maybe he went for X-rays but would that take the entire game?
This team is having trouble maintaing on pressure in the offensive zone. The D is looking exposed because we have no forcheck latley.

frankthefrowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Zuccarello Awesome*

65 games into the season and we still don't truly have set forward lines or D pairings.

Sitting Stralman was a terrible decision unless he was banged up, which no one has reported.

We could've used a defenseman who could make a single tape to tape pass or skate the puck out of trouble tonight instead of Eminger's ugly panic tosses and choppy stride.

I like Eminger, but it should be Eminger vs Bickel for the 6th spot. Stralman should have Sauer's spot for the time being. His spot should not be in jeopardy.

Gaborik was awful tonight. He's such a scared tentative wuss in traffic. I said before the season that while I'm confident Gaborik will get back to his normal 40 goal production, I still have major doubts about him being able to elevate his game when the games get tougher. Tonight was one of those games. This is the type of game well see the devils playing in the playoffs. And Gaborik was a non-factor, except when he turned the puck over and helped the Devils score.

The defense was brutal. There's no excusing that, but there was really no legitimate reason to sit Stralman and Mitchell in favor of John Scott and Steve Eminger.

The good thing is that we get right back at it and we have a ton of games this month. We're gonna need to get back on a roll right away.

And Callahan should not be playing if he's not 100%. Why risk further injury and risk losing him for the playoffs??

This entire game was filled with DUMB.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 09:16 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthefrowner View Post
This team is having trouble maintaing on pressure in the offensive zone. The D is looking exposed because we have no forcheck latley.
Perfectly said Frank.And pretty easy to see I would think.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 09:16 PM
Affinity

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAPPY HOUR View Post
32 J. QUICK 16 - 19 .842
35 P. RINNE 19 - 24 .792

Wouldn't worry too much about either of them right now. Rinne got pulled too.

Affinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 09:18 PM
DerekDevils30

Good game guys. I am always a nervous wreck during these games.

Believe it or not, 1st place is a tough place to be in. Every team is gunning for you every single night.

I just get the feeling that we're going to see a Devils/Rangers series at some point this spring. I don't know if I would be able to handle it.

Best of luck the rest of the way!

DerekDevils30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 09:18 PM
Fataldogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Rinne is a winning machine? Dude has a GAA of 2.30 and he gave up 5 goals tonight.
Well, he does lead the NHL with 36 wins and is on pace for ~ 45. I'd consider that a winning machine.

I'm not even quite sure, given Lundqvist's lighter schedule, if he can hit 40 wins. I'd love to see him do it. Richter hit... I believe 42 wins in 93-94 and he didn't have the benefit of shootout wins. While 40 wins was more impressive in the past, I still consider it the land mark number.

Fataldogg is offline   Reply With Quote