HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

This year compared to previous

Old
03-06-2012, 09:43 PM
NYRKING30

vCash: 500
This year compared to previous

i was thinking tonight watching our beloved rangers that beside the obvious fatigue and banged up players due to the grind of the season. usually in years passed we are usually clawing our way this time of the season, playing with heavy desperation and fighting till the death to get the 8th seed. with us being so comfortably at the top of the heap, does anyone think that the players might be thinking in their minds "well ok we can breath a little we are 10 points ahead and have a big divisional lead instead of us usually needing every point over the final 20 games, lets try to not get hurt or conserve energy". obviously im paraphrasing but im just a little worried and interested to see how our team handles the final 15 games. we still are a young team and this is a position most of them never had before. i know the coaching staff wont accept anything like that but i could see that getting to the players a bit.

Last edited by JeffMangum: 03-06-2012 at 10:01 PM.
NYRKING30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 10:21 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Torts would rip their nipples off if they start thinking like that.

Silence Of The Plams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 10:33 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCrazyRangerFan View Post
Torts would rip their nipples off if they start thinking like that.
yeah 100 percent. but the players wont let it be known but it could be shown. just curious to see how our players react since we havent been in a spot like this. we all know where our coaching staff stands.

Old
03-06-2012, 10:34 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRKING30 View Post
yeah 100 percent. but the players wont let it be known but it could be shown. just curious to see how our players react since we havent been in a spot like this. we all know where our coaching staff stands.
I think we've come away from what we did before. We need to just... take it all back in, and do what we did 2 months ago

Old
03-06-2012, 10:37 PM
ck20

vCash: 50
They've been quoted saying, lately, they've checked out before some games and have had to fight through that mentality. I hope they're able to snap out of it come play offs.

ck20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 10:43 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
Originally Posted by htk30 View Post
They've been quoted saying, lately, they've checked out before some games and have had to fight through that mentality. I hope they're able to snap out of it come play offs.
Why thought? Like what causes this

Old
03-06-2012, 10:45 PM
ck20

vCash: 50
Quote:
Why thought? Like what causes this
The fact they've been sitting atop the league for almost the entire season has probably been the cause of a lot of complacency. I just hope they don't feel that they can just "turn it on" and beat whoever..because they flat out can't.

On the other hand, this "complacency" could also be some of the more secretly banged up players chance to rest up or something like that and for the team as a whole to regain some of that killer instinct they've had for almost the entire season.

ck20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
The fact they've been sitting atop the league for almost the entire season has probably been the cause of a lot of complacency. I just hope they don't feel that they can just "turn it on" and beat whoever..because they flat out can't.

On the other hand, this "complacency" could also be some of the more secretly banged up players chance to rest up or something like that and for the team as a whole to regain some of that killer instinct they've had for almost the entire season.
True. I feel like Henrik is injured or feeling sick. He has been slower and shaky. Idk. But our guys needs to recover

Old
03-06-2012, 10:54 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
I think we've come away from what we did before. We need to just... take it all back in, and do what we did 2 months ago
yeah exactly and i agree. i felt as if the first part of the season we were playing as if almost every night was do or die. i think the players knew how important the points in october,nov,december, and jan so we arent fighting the last month. i know fatigue plays a factor too at this point but so do the other 29 teams. just really interested to see how we fair over the final 17. hopefully torts has banged it into their heads.

Old
03-06-2012, 10:56 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:

well said bud, strongly agree with this. i just don't want to back into the playoffs with 0 momentum.

Old
03-06-2012, 10:56 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
yeah exactly and i agree. i felt as if the first part of the season we were playing as if almost every night was do or die. i think the players knew how important the points in october,nov,december, and jan so we arent fighting the last month. i know fatigue plays a factor too at this point but so do the other 29 teams. just really interested to see how we fair over the final 17. hopefully torts has banged it into their heads.
I feel like they over think it too. Torts also has to understand not everyone is agrinder

Old
03-06-2012, 10:59 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
I feel like they over think it too. Torts also has to understand not everyone is agrinder
yeah well i hope from this point on, he starts to manges everybody's mins. when it comes down to 5 games or less in the year i wouldn't even mind seeing our regulars be a healthy scratch for a game here or there. this whole year i worried about the style of our game and when april came we would decimated by injuries from blocking shots and what not.

Old
03-06-2012, 11:01 PM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
yeah well i hope from this point on, he starts to manges everybody's mins. when it comes down to 5 games or less in the year i wouldn't even mind seeing our regulars be a healthy scratch for a game here or there. this whole year i worried about the style of our game and when april came we would decimated by injuries from blocking shots and what not.
Well we are beat up. Just let some guys take it easy on a night or so. I just hope torts manages well and that he realizes G and MCD are burnt out or close to it

Old
03-06-2012, 11:18 PM
NYRKING30

Quote:
Well we are beat up. Just let some guys take it easy on a night or so. I just hope torts manages well and that he realizes G and MCD are burnt out or close to it
yeah exactly, im still trying to figure out how mcdonagh had a 3 min shift last week. these guys need rest. staal is the only one i wouldnt mind getting more mins.

Old
03-07-2012, 06:07 AM
Silence Of The Plams
All these feels

Quote:
yeah exactly, im still trying to figure out how mcdonagh had a 3 min shift last week. these guys need rest. staal is the only one i wouldnt mind getting more mins.
I know. he needs to get back into the swing of it. He's super effective and he can also move the puck well, not as good as DZ though