HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

List of candidates for GM and Coach Part II

Closed Thread

Old
03-04-2012, 11:10 PM
lou4gehrig

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
The Wild have made some pretty astute moves in the last few years:

Pouliot for Latendresse, I think we will all agree.
Yeah, Lats' 27 games played the last two seasons is a huge win for Minnesota.

Old
03-04-2012, 11:13 PM
lou4gehrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
It would be a terrible idea. I instinctively distrust Roy.
He seems pretty loyal. Playing for 2 franchises his whole career. As far as trust, who cares? He's a hockey coach. What's he gonna do? Steal your wallet? Play Plek on the 4th line? I mean why do fans need to trust the head coach?

Old
03-05-2012, 01:55 AM
JetsAlternate

How well does Regis McGuire actually speak french?

Old
03-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

More I think about this, more I think Roy should be the man. The guy that decide wich direction this team go.

Just surround him with competent experienced guys.

I would have
Roy as GM

Ass GM:
Jacques Lemaire
Pat Brisson

Adviser:
Scotty Bowman

Roy as coach

Ass Coachs:
Larry Robinson
Michel Therrien

I think having a guy like Lemaire is that the guy is a brainiac and was the ass GM of the Habs under Serge Savard and the org. took a big dive when Lemaire left because he was the thinker of the group. Also he could help the coaching staff when things go bad.

Old
03-05-2012, 12:10 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou4gehrig View Post
Yeah, Lats' 27 games played the last two seasons is a huge win for Minnesota.
Yes, it is. Do you really think Latendresse getting injured a year after the trade proves the Wild made a bad decision?

Old
03-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
We should try to poach Dallas Eakins from them Toronto Marlies. Even if he doesn't get the job just give him an interview just to spite Brian Burke.
Eakins would be a good candidate but I don't believe he speaks french.

Old
03-05-2012, 12:46 PM
schumway2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsAlternate View Post
How well does Regis McGuire actually speak french?
Well. I heard him on the radio.

Old
03-05-2012, 12:48 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
More I think about this, more I think Roy should be the man. The guy that decide wich direction this team go.

Just surround him with competent experienced guys.

I would have
Roy as GM

Ass GM:
Jacques Lemaire
Pat Brisson

Adviser:
Scotty Bowman

Roy as coach

Ass Coachs:
Larry Robinson
Michel Therrien

I think having a guy like Lemaire is that the guy is a brainiac and was the ass GM of the Habs under Serge Savard and the org. took a big dive when Lemaire left because he was the thinker of the group. Also he could help the coaching staff when things go bad.
I dunno in which extent Roy can do both GM and head coaching jobs at NHL level.

I don't think Lemaire would want to be involved in hockey operations again, especially in Montreal.

Pat Brisson a a rich player agent who got businesses in Southern Cal. Forget him.

I'd like to have Robinson as d-men coach. Dunno if he wants to move back from US, though.

I definitaly would give some assistant-coaching job to Chris Nilan.

Carbonneau or Therrien as assistant coaches would also be fine.

Benoit Groulx or Pascal Vincent should also been considered.

Old
03-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
Bob McKenzie would be a tremendous GM. However, he is the boss of TSN hockey and likely wouldnt accept any position since he makes a ton of money doing what he is doing already.

Old
03-06-2012, 04:58 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
I wish we had a coach that communicated players like this and worked these relationships

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSN Article
As captain, Dion Phaneuf seemed to share a fairly strong relationship with the now-dismissed Wilson. He and Carlyle began to lay the groundwork for what lays ahead in that sense during a conversation on Monday morning. We talked about what I felt was necessary from him, what I needed from [him] and what my expectations were as a coach to captain relationship, Carlyle said. It seems that he's on the same page and he understands where I'm coming and I understand where he's coming from. His role is to be a good solid teammate, to sometimes be a go-between between the coach and the players. And if there are things that I'm doing that are upsetting him or his teammates I think it's important that they have the comfort to be able to come to one of the assistants or come to me and tell me about it, let me know because it's important that I have the pulse of what people are thinking and what his teammates are thinking and what these players are th
We've lacked communication between the players and coaches since Carbo and maybe even longer.

Old
03-06-2012, 05:02 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post

I don't think Lemaire would want to be involved in hockey operations again, especially in Montreal.

Pat Brisson a a rich player agent who got businesses in Southern Cal. Forget him.

I'd like to have Robinson as d-men coach. Dunno if he wants to move back from US, though.

he said he would listen to any calls from montreal

i think he called montrealback in 09 saying he wanted a job with them and they never called him back
somthing along those lines

Old
03-06-2012, 05:03 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I wish we had a coach that communicated players like this and worked these relationships

We've lacked communication between the players and coaches since Carbo and maybe even longer.
with muller gone it is even more worse

Old
03-06-2012, 05:14 PM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
he said he would listen to any calls from montreal

i think he called montrealback in 09 saying he wanted a job with them and they never called him back
somthing along those lines
I always thought that he was too sick / fragile mentally to be able to coach. I mean if he couldn't handle coaching in America's Armpit, why would he ever be able to handle it in the media microscope of Montreal?

Old
03-06-2012, 06:03 PM
Go Habs Go

I want Laperriere back as defense coach damnit!

Old
03-06-2012, 06:18 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
I always thought that he was too sick / fragile mentally to be able to coach. I mean if he couldn't handle coaching in America's Armpit, why would he ever be able to handle it in the media microscope of Montreal?
Everyone has week moments. The guy's won the Stanley Cup as HC for crying out loud. I mean, when a guy like Scott Stevens says he thought he knew defence intill Larry was his coach, that's saying something. I don't think there's a better candidate out there. As assistant coach for a young PK, Emelin and our up and coming promising D prospects, I challenge you to find someone better.

Old
03-06-2012, 06:29 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
I don't care, I really want Roy at both jobs. He's the type of lion we need for both places.

Quote:
I actually think it would be more tempting for him if he's part of a management group. coaching would be more demanding.

Quote:
pay him well then! lol Sometime guys want other challenges. Example, Pierre Lacroix when he took the Nords job.

Quote:
I don't know if his brain is still in it.

Quote:

I thought about Groulx as well. But if Roy is gonna coach I want an experienced NHL guy with him.

I

Old
03-06-2012, 06:45 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimota View Post
I don't care, I really want Roy at both jobs. He's the type of lion we need for both places.
This made me LOL

Old
03-06-2012, 06:47 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitespy View Post
This made me LOL
ROAR!

Old
03-06-2012, 10:19 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

The Front Office

I'm starting to wonder what's going on there. Why exactly are we keeping Goat and the bunch (minus the amateur scouting department, because we kind of need the work already done for the draft)? Like, what are they doing for the rest of the year except watch the games?

Assuming they aren't coming back, why wouldn't you want the guy that's going to come in over the summer to get a head start and get a feel for what he's got? Is there a rule where you can't talk to front office people from other teams over the course of the season?

Seriously, are going to see those clowns again next year?

Old
03-06-2012, 10:23 PM
White Spy
Spy vs Blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
I'm starting to wonder what's going on there. Why exactly are we keeping Goat and the bunch (minus the amateur scouting department, because we kind of need the work already done for the draft)? Like, what are they doing for the rest of the year except watch the games?

Assuming they aren't coming back, why wouldn't you want the guy that's going to come in over the summer to get a head start and get a feel for what he's got? Is there a rule where you can't talk to front office people from other teams over the course of the season?

Seriously, are going to see those clowns again next year?
I guess they're waiting for the pool to get a little bigger. That is, perhaps they're hoping that in the summer, a few more candidates will be available.

Old
03-06-2012, 10:55 PM
Game

Personally I'd like to see Jacques Lemaire come out of retirement, along with Larry Robinson as an assistant coach. I don't mind if Lemaire is super defensive, this system is what we need to win games because our defense is horrible in general. This duo could provide excellent leadership and guidance. Lemaire knows how to whip a team into shape. As long as we don't bring in another inexperienced coach...

As for the GM, I have no idea.

Old
03-06-2012, 10:59 PM
WhiskeySeven
Keeps hot stuff hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game View Post
Personally I'd like to see Jacques Lemaire come out of retirement, along with Larry Robinson as an assistant coach. I don't mind if Lemaire is super defensive, this system is what we need to win games because our defense is horrible in general. This duo could provide excellent leadership and guidance. Lemaire knows how to whip a team into shape. As long as we don't bring in another inexperienced coach...

As for the GM, I have no idea.
I'm not too sure. Can't we have a normal coach? Not one who almost single-handedly ruined the NHL?

Old
03-06-2012, 11:06 PM
Et le But

Few thoughts scare me more than Roy singlehandedly running this team. Giving him a chance as a coach is one thing, as a GM AND coach? No thanks. The man is passionate about his hockey, I know that, but he's a hothead and has a big ego. Plus it would be virtually impossible to get rid of him, since everyone would be afraid of messing with a club hero who was already wronged in the past. In juniors you can get away with being a total maverick, in the NHL it's a disaster waiting to happen.

You don't want fiery passion from an GM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
I'm not too sure. Can't we have a normal coach? Not one who almost single-handedly ruined the NHL?
As much as I hate Lemaire style hockey, at this point I don't care if we bore everyone to death if it's effective. This season has made me extremely cynical.

Old
03-06-2012, 11:06 PM
Game

Quote:
I get your point. I've thought about it, but in the end, I prefer winning hockey games, even if that means we have to play a defensive system. I was really impressed by how quickly Lemaire managed to change things around last season in New Jersey, and got them back onto a winning path. I'm sure Lemaire has adapted his style over the years. Plus, I don't think he would take away the creativity of our forwards. (i.e. Desharnais Paciorretty Cole chemistry..)

Old
03-06-2012, 11:07 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
It worked with Ken Hitchock. Nevermind how we win...

Closed Thread