HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 5-4

Old
03-06-2012, 11:00 PM
Mrb1p

vCash: 500
Jackets on a 3 game winning streak
AND
Peyton Manning is not with the colts anymore...?
DAMN THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END.

Mrb1p is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
groovejuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueinmtl View Post
We also have dead weight that needs to go with our current GM, coaching staff. More than a handful of suits to redeem this ol *****.
It all starts with the new GM. He is the one who will hire the coach, make off season trades and signings, and oversee the draft.

groovejuice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
blueinmtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
The flames are such a total mess of a team and that isn't even mentioning their farm. Barely beat us with RC behind the bench doing whatever the hell he does. The boys don't even look like they are giving half an effort.
I've always thought the Sutters were unimaginative neanderthals, yet it feels like the Flames can't ever get enough.

Do their fans think this Sutter addiction is holding them back?

Not that Feaster was the sharpest of GM's, but be interesting if he cuts a lot of ties and tries the overhaul.

blueinmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:01 PM
Cyclones Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigM View Post
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think MaxPac is leading the NHL in even strength goals by left wingers.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...viewName=goals

His 24 ES goals are best in the league among LWs by a margin of 3.

Cyclones Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:01 PM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Smurf View Post
He looked completely gassed tonight, he really does need a break. Anyhoo, excellent tank game. Young guns in Eller and Pax pad their stats and a regulation loss.
No worries, contender will offer him lots of $ when he'll hit UFA status

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:02 PM
blueinmtl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Jackets on a 3 game winning streak
AND
Peyton Manning is not with the colts anymore...?
DAMN THE WORLD IS COMING TO AN END.
Michigan Man Jack Johnson showing those Columbus losers how to do things right.

Michigan Man Patches leading the way to the better future.

Michigan Man Palushaj...err...

Go Blue!

blueinmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Dr_Hook

"Bourque really looks like a competent, dedicated and passionate hockey player who doesn't shy from using his big frame to drive to the net with authority. He makes his presence felt on a consistant basis and his addition will keep ravishing the Montreal faithfuls for years to come !"

This is Dr_Hook, reporting from the bizarro world

In other news (from Earth this time) : Carey Price has lost his edge and seems disinterrested (or maybe plain discouraged) : Full tank mode ACTIVATED !!

Dr_Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Why is Rene Bourque such ****?

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:04 PM
Habs

Just when I thought it couldn't get more irritating with the 'tank' comments by all the puppets around here...

With Gionta and Markov, this team has at least 8-10 more wins without question, and is a playoff team right now. Even with a Gionta, we are a bubble team.

But keep on cranking out the 'tank' quotes in every post, it never gets old.....

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:05 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Just look at his face. That tells the whole story.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:07 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueinmtl View Post
I've always thought the Sutters were unimaginative neanderthals, yet it feels like the Flames can't ever get enough.

Do their fans think this Sutter addiction is holding them back?

Not that Feaster was the sharpest of GM's, but be interesting if he cuts a lot of ties and tries the overhaul.
I expect them to be a total disaster next season and that is why I loved grabbing their 2nd round pick. I wish we had gotten their 1st though, that would have been a dream.

Feaster was whining about how the oilers are tanking and how he will never go that route, I think it will be amusing when there is no other option given their terrible drafting.

Quote:
Who cares he is a 3rd liner who can pot 25 goals.

OneSharpMarble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:07 PM
Seb
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Seb
Lars Eller, Tomas Kaberle, Blake Geoffrion +1.

Discuss.

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:08 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Never should've traded for him. And we're stuck with him for a long time.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:09 PM
FF de Mars

One less game to loose. We might get lucky and win the lottery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Never should've traded for him. And we're stuck with him for a long time.

I don't mind him on the 3rd line. He's more talented than Moen, and earns 3M a year. I see Bourque with Eller and Gionta, next year. His salary cap is lesser than Kostitsyn.

FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:11 PM
Stradale

Quote:
I have a feeling Bourque will not score 25 for us next season... Unless he develops great chemistry with Eller or Plekanec.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:13 PM
KareyPrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Just when I thought it couldn't get more irritating with the 'tank' comments by all the puppets around here...

With Gionta and Markov, this team has at least 8-10 more wins without question, and is a playoff team right now. Even with a Gionta, we are a bubble team.

But keep on cranking out the 'tank' quotes in every post, it never gets old.....
Yes but thats the thing they havent been around for most of the season so why not get the best pick we can for the future and for next year?

KareyPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:14 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

Quote:
He had 0 shots in a pondhockey game. He better get his head out of his ass if he wants to hit 20 again.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:14 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
One less game to loose. We might get lucky and win the lottery.

I don't mind him on the 3rd line. He's more talented than Moen, and earns 3M a year. I see Bourque with Eller and Gionta, next year. His salary cap is lesser than Kostitsyn.
Sure, he can play the 3rd line. But it made no sense to give up Cammy for a 3rd liner. Bad season or not we shouldn't have given him away the way we did. Nobody wanted Bourque... at all. So of course we go get him just like we did with Kaberle and Gomez. Any team that wants to get rid of their trash just calls us up and we accomodate them.

Totally stupid move.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:15 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I have a feeling Bourque will not score 25 for us next season... Unless he develops great chemistry with Eller or Plekanec.
Depends on our coach. Akost was always around 20-30 goals and he is no more talented or consistent than Bourque. In the end who cares the guy makes very little money and we all know that the 2nd round pick was the centrepiece of the trade.

If bourque does click with someone we have a excellent/cheap powerforward, if he doesn't we have a streaky third liner making 3.3million. I will take those chances every day of the week.

Old
03-06-2012, 11:18 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post

If you don't like what you see, just don't post. Face reality: Gionta is not here and neither Markov. Nobody know what kind of Markov we will be getting. Our defense is a mess and there is no chance in hell that we will make the playoff. The players are playing the best that they can and we all know it's not good enough. We need a big center and this poor season is our only chance to get that center. A lot of fans are putting hope on that special player that we may be getting in compensation for our poor season. What's wrong with that.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:19 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Depends on our coach. Akost was always around 20-30 goals and he is no more talented or consistent than Bourque.
Um... yeah, he's actually both, imo. Those who thought A.Kost was inconsistent because he didn't use the most of his skills and physicality are just getting a taste of Rene Bourque... who isn't as skilled or even gifted physically.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:22 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Depends on our coach. Akost was always around 20-30 goals and he is no more talented or consistent than Bourque. In the end who cares the guy makes very little money and we all know that the 2nd round pick was the centrepiece of the trade.

If bourque does click with someone we have a excellent/cheap powerforward, if he doesn't we have a streaky third liner making 3.3million. I will take those chances every day of the week.
Yeah I agree. It depends on the coach.

But if he plays on the third line.. I really don't think he will be able to score 25. I'd be happy if he pots 20 for us next season, especially if he plays on the third line. Coach better like him because 20% of his goals in the past 2 seasons are scored on the PP.

Oh and speaking of Bourque. Damn his +/- ratio with us so far is absolutely terrible.

-15 in 23 games!

8th straight games in the minus. (-14)

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:23 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Sure, he can play the 3rd line. But it made no sense to give up Cammy for a 3rd liner. Bad season or not we shouldn't have given him away the way we did. Nobody wanted Bourque... at all. So of course we go get him just like we did with Kaberle and Gomez. Any team that wants to get rid of their trash just calls us up and we accomodate them.

Totally stupid move.
Granted. I still root for Cammy and his incredible sniping abilities, everytime Calgary is on CBC. Cammy should have been more patient. But hey, he's human. And it's true, we were (and still are) playing like losers.

However, imagine this :

Yakupov-Plekanec-Leblanc
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Cole
Bourque-Eller-Gionta

It's a synergic combo to me. 3 great offensive lines, Leblanc being the glue of the 1st line (being Crayola glue, that's what he was meant to be). Then you can have Moen and White + whoever who can grind on the 4th line, Moen being the polyvalant one that climbs up the latter in case of injury. And Eller finally would have competent wingers. And Gallagher can replace Gionta when his contract expires.

Last edited by FF de Mars: 03-06-2012 at 11:30 PM.
FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:23 PM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu View Post
Um... yeah, he's actually both, imo. Those who thought A.Kost was inconsistent because he didn't use the most of his skills and physicality are just getting a taste of Rene Bourque... who isn't as skilled or even gifted physically.
Umm no, but im sure since you have probably never watched bourque you would know right? When Bourque is on he is a legit powerforward who can bulldoze his way to the net and stands up for himself.

Neither is top line talent on a good team, they are both 3rd line winger depth but don't let that stop you from whining. If either one had any consistency they would be legit 1st liners but they don't.

Old
03-06-2012, 11:24 PM
BigM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclones Rock View Post
http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...viewName=goals

His 24 ES goals are best in the league among LWs by a margin of 3.
That's pretty impressive.

BigM is offline   Reply With Quote