Who cares where the other teams finish. Sure I want a favorable opponent, but having a record where we get home ice advantage would be sweet. Long shot at this point. I'm expecting us to finish 6th. If I was going to make a prediction on the Hawks as a 5th or 7th seed. I go with 5th. I think we only hit 97 points one more than last year.
I personally don't want to see Phoenix or Nashville this PS. In order:
1) Detroit - Great club, Hawks seem to forget it's game night against an opponent perceived to be a lower team.
2) St. Louis - Their clutch scoring is lacking big time, so don't expect them to make that deep a run in the PO with that kind of need.
3) Vancouver - We beat up on them 2 years in a row and were one goal away from completing a down 3-0 comeback in the series to win it. Luongo can't think straight against the Hawks, especially in the UC, so a 7-game series (preferably one we WIN this time) will be the decider here.
4) San Jose - The Octopus always seems to pick up his play against the Hawks, so a series against SJ (who, now looking at it, might not even make the PO) might be a little more than we bargained for IMO.
5) Phoenix - Smitty's been playing great all season long, esp. against the Chi-Hawks, so Phoenix for me is a formidable opponent.
6) Nashville - This team just plain scares me.