HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Kings @ Predators "King's Ransom for a Win"

Old
03-07-2012, 06:58 AM
handtrick

vCash: 500
Ellis just got manhandled by their bigger forwards last night, and I'm sure that Trotz will use him very selectively from here on out.
Really ready to see Klein return.

handtrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 07:00 AM
glenngineer

Sloppy sloppy sloppy.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 08:30 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
Ellis just got manhandled by their bigger forwards last night, and I'm sure that Trotz will use him very selectively from here on out.
Yeah, I wish we had someone to replace Boullion too though.

Thought Weber and Suter half assed it all night.

Funny last night our big three weren't very good at all.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 08:37 AM
wadesworld

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
IMHO, it pretty much boils down to this. One went in off him. Another he scored on himself. 2 more he was flailing around like a duck.

These games will happen. No one is on top of their game every night, and as Rinne goes, we go.

Regular Rinne and we win 4-2.
At least two of their goals were because we let someone skate right to the crease and did nothing about it. We have to fix that first and not just depend on Rinne to make an amazing save.

wadesworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 08:55 AM
VFL615*

Notes from the lower bowl.

1. What a statement on a sellout for a tuesday night game not against Detroit or Chicago.

2. A. Peks had a bad game. He is going to have to settle down a notch on trying to play every puck that goes behind the net unless he 100% knows he can get it. Not the first time he has been scored on doing that and i am surprised it has not happened more. B. Peks has to stop flopping around like a fish. If he would have simple staying up on his skates instead of looking like a kid in a sandbox he would have easily stopped 2 of the other 5 goals. C. The forwards have to pick up the last man coming into the zone. COVER THE FRONT OF THE NET and do not let other players stand there unchallenged.

3. A. The Preds are going to have to get a plan b on offense for when other teams are successful and taking away the dump and chase. You can only get possession an give it right back to them so many times, and then when you do get a good break and chance to carry it in with numbers having to change lines and again dump it in right back to them. B. The long bad passes by the D men to guys who do not have the skill to pick it up and make a play are getting old. IMO short passes and dumps off the boards are much more effective than just throwing it to guys who cant pick it up and it just bounces to the other team. This happens atleast 6-8 times a game or more.

4. Both shots by Erat and SK where nasty. I wish they would get it through the thick helmets to do it more.

5. I would be interested in a stat on how many times this year the preds have been scored on within 90 sec of scoring a goal. It has to be high and is very frusterating. That will KILL us in the playoffs.

Overall i give the preds a B-. They got outhustled and did not have an answer for getting the dump and chase method shut down. The Preds gave up one legit goal which resulted from bad coverage and one goal because Peks was trying to pick up his stick and lost control of where the puck was. The other three were garbage goals and the bounce did not go are way last night.

Turn it up a notch Forwards an Defense and Peks get your mind right and play smart.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 09:31 AM
hatedandproud

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
I really thought that with him being out, the Preds would start shutting teams out every night. You know, because Klein is so horrible and every goal that is scored on the Preds is his fault.

But I agree with you trick, he's much more valuable than most people are willing to admit.

hatedandproud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 09:34 AM
kakemono

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
weber and suter go **** yourselves... the more I see them play, I could care less if they leave. they suck .. give me a hustling hillen anyday.. newsflash suter/weber, you aren't THAT good
You are spoiled. You are watching the best duo in the world on a nightly basis. They are THAT good.

These guys are professionals - they aren't going to be worrying about what team they will be on next year or any of that garbage.

Seriously, guys?

kakemono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 09:44 AM
Phototropic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakemono View Post
You are spoiled. You are watching the best duo in the world on a nightly basis. They are THAT good.

These guys are professionals - they aren't going to be worrying about what team they will be on next year or any of that garbage.

Seriously, guys?
Agreed. Some of these comments are embarrassing.

Phototropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 09:46 AM
Tootoo

Think 22 gets suspended? How long?

Tootoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 09:52 AM
tserberis*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakemono View Post

Seriously, guys?
Professionals took a day off during action...
You now what happens to professional in military if he take off during action???

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 09:58 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo View Post
If the cited him for rule 40, we'll see him just in time for the end of the regular season. If it was for attempting to incite an opponent (a much less likely scenario from what I saw), probably just the misconduct.

The issue at play here is that abuse of officials is supposed to be a game misconduct, not a plain ol' every day misconduct like Toots was called for last night. Under any misconduct call, a report goes to the league for possible supplemental discipline and if that report says "abuse of officials" Toots faces an automatic unpaid vacation under rule 40 plus his history as a repeat recipient of league punishment comes into play.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 09:59 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tootoo View Post
Hopefully long enough to get his head right, again. He was terrible/stupid last night

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 09:59 AM
analogkid
Thread Killer

A 315 mile roadie for a half hearted effort. I'll be back in a couple of weeks for the Oilers game but man alive, I hope the right team shows up!

analogkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:02 AM
predfan98

Weber and Suter seem to be content to stand near pekka and lob the puck halfway up the ice to get out of the zone. What happened to skating up the ice with the puck?

The big 3 did take a night off.... no doubt... but it was unusual for Pekka.....not so much for the other two.

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:03 AM
predfan98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarding Assets View Post
Hopefully long enough to get his head right, again. He was terrible/stupid last night
I agree....he has been for a couple of games...

predfan98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:10 AM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatedandproud View Post
I really thought that with him being out, the Preds would start shutting teams out every night. You know, because Klein is so horrible and every goal that is scored on the Preds is his fault.

But I agree with you trick, he's much more valuable than most people are willing to admit.
Oh god. We would have lost the games we did whether Klein was in or not. True problem lies in the stupid penalties, lack of desperation, and bad games by are stars in the reason we have lost 2 of 3 games. What would Klein have brought to the table that makes him more valuable than Josi, Gill, Bulls, Hillen, or Ellis. NOTHING! Maybe a few more breakaways because of poor position, turnovers from lack of skill and paying attention, more scoring chances after the other teams 2nd and 3rd line players eat him for lunch behind the net and against the boards. Thats not my idea of Value. I guess some people like the quality they get for cheap at the dollar store.

Last edited by VFL615*: 03-07-2012 at 10:16 AM.
VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:16 AM
AEM6729

I personally am itching for the playoffs. The regular season is cool and all, but we aren't fighting to make it into the playoffs this year, and we probably aren't going to catch STL and DET. There are two things to fight for in the regular season: getting into the playoffs, and getting home ice advantage. We've pretty much locked up the former and probably won't get the latter.

Maybe the players feel the same way. It has to be tough to be 60-something games into the season with nothing much to fight for at the moment, and to be playing teams that are so desperate to either get into the playoffs or secure home ice. Hopefully Trotz can get their minds right so that we go into the playoffs already playing high-intensity hockey; in some ways, it's almost easier to go into the playoffs after clawing to make it the last few weeks of the season because you've already been in playoff mode for awhile.

In fact if we aren't going to get home ice I'd almost rather drop a spot in the standings so we could play the winner of the Pacific and bypass Vancouver and the winner of the Central, at least until the second round.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:23 AM
maplepred

Is Klein hurt?

maplepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:26 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by AEM6729 View Post
I personally am itching for the playoffs. The regular season is cool and all, but we aren't fighting to make it into the playoffs this year, and we probably aren't going to catch STL and DET. There are two things to fight for in the regular season: getting into the playoffs, and getting home ice advantage. We've pretty much locked up the former and probably won't get the latter.

Maybe the players feel the same way. It has to be tough to be 60-something games into the season with nothing much to fight for at the moment, and to be playing teams that are so desperate to either get into the playoffs or secure home ice. Hopefully Trotz can get their minds right so that we go into the playoffs already playing high-intensity hockey; in some ways, it's almost easier to go into the playoffs after clawing to make it the last few weeks of the season because you've already been in playoff mode for awhile.

In fact if we aren't going to get home ice I'd almost rather drop a spot in the standings so we could play the winner of the Pacific and bypass Vancouver and the winner of the Central, at least until the second round.
As a counter to your not going to catch STL or DET point .... a win last night would have put us four points behind the Wings with a game in hand on them. Win that game in hand, and the team is then two points behind the Wings with a head to head matchup on Saturday. Even after losing last night, to pass the Wings requires winning the remaining games with them in regulation, the game in hand, and matching their record from here on out ... a tall order, but, not impossible. Passing St Louis is a bit tougher after losing last night and requires some help.

Old
03-07-2012, 10:26 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by maplepred View Post
Is Klein hurt?
Yes.

Old
03-07-2012, 10:32 AM
tserberis*

After te All Star Game Weber and Suter was on the ice for 17 out of 32 goals against on EV and one SH goal In 16 games.

Weber 4g+2a=6p
Suter 2g+10a=12p

Conclusion Weber sucks and drags Suter down

Suter is +6 Weber is +1 in that span.

tserberis* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:48 AM
AEM6729

Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
After te All Star Game Weber and Suter was on the ice for 17 out of 32 goals against on EV and one SH goal In 16 games.

Weber 4g+2a=6p
Suter 2g+10a=12p

Conclusion Weber sucks and drags Suter down

Suter is +6 Weber is +1 in that span.
Damn. On the ice for over half of our goals against. I know they're on the ice for half the game, buuut if they're playing at the elite level they can, they should be playing half the game yet only be on the ice for a smaller percentage of goals against. Blah.

AEM6729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 11:59 AM
hockey diva

To clarify, I left with 5 min left in the game. But I figured it was going to be a long night after the Kings got that fluky first goal.

I don't think I am being irrational. I am harping on mistakes that have haunted us all season. Inability to break out of our zone consistently, repeated turnovers in the neutral zone, inability to pass tape to tape consistently, the dump and chase issues pointed out earlier. How often have we put a full 60 minute game together. Look at Detroit, consistent solid play for a full 60 minutes on most nights. Seriously, this team is not ready for the playoffs. And they had better clean up or we are looking at one and done again.

hockey diva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:19 PM
token grinder

why was my earlier post deleted? did I anger a tootoo fanboy by saying he needed to be benched?

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:21 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
To clarify, I left with 5 min left in the game. But I figured it was going to be a long night after the Kings got that fluky first goal.

I don't think I am being irrational. I am harping on mistakes that have haunted us all season. Inability to break out of our zone consistently, repeated turnovers in the neutral zone, inability to pass tape to tape consistently, the dump and chase issues pointed out earlier. How often have we put a full 60 minute game together. Look at Detroit, consistent solid play for a full 60 minutes on most nights. Seriously, this team is not ready for the playoffs. And they had better clean up or we are looking at one and done again.
Except for the games where the Wings don't play 60 solid minutes and lose to teams like the Jackets and Islanders. The team had an (1ea) off night, declaring the team isn't ready for the playoffs is premature at best.

As for one and dones in the west, there are going to be quite a few good teams suffering that experience this season. We're looking at the possibility of a VAN/SJS or VAN/CHI first round matchup ... STL/NSH or DET/NSH first round matchup ... a CHI/STL first round meeting isn't out of the realm of possibility. With the very real chance of two out of the top six teams in the league meeting in the first round, somebody is going home earlier than their regular season performance indicates.