HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 5-4

Old
03-07-2012, 01:48 AM
Nicko999

vCash: 281
Stamkos, Malkin and Kessel are the only players that have more ES goals than Patches.

Last edited by Nicko999: 03-07-2012 at 01:55 AM.
Nicko999 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 01:51 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

vCash: 500
pretty bosslike

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 01:52 AM
Jmac1160*
Gomez-"Sorry Coach"

anyone care to actually talk about the game other than all of the loser talk?

Jmac1160* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 01:54 AM
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1

ya maybe tomorrow when it's not 2am

i mean, i'm up till 6-7 but it was a late game, we're tuesday and we're struggling to pass 5 pages, so ya, not happening tonight.

HarlemsFinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 02:13 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
He hasn't shown any of that since he got traded to Montreal. He is invisible every night.
He was invisible very often in Calgary, as well, who I always have watched quite often actually. Inconsistent and occasionally hard-working is how I would have described him then, and I haven't seen anything to change my mind since. Not more talented than A.Kost... in fact it's the opposite by a long shot. And I can't say that I've seen a Rene Bourque that was any more consistently committed physically and defensively than A.Kost was on average. But whatever, right?

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 02:14 AM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac1160 View Post
anyone care to actually talk about the game other than all of the loser talk?
What else do you want us to talk about? Price is tired and erratic. Our defense continue to suck. The only bright spot is Cole/DD/Patches. The story line seemed to be the same every game.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 02:28 AM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Thanks for the tip, I am new here and would have never guessed.

Nothing wrong with it at all, just stop posting the ****ing 'tank' meme, it was old a month ago. Just like the 'Gainey ' was funny for about a week, it continued along by a few turds for months.

'tank mctank the tank out of this tank' we get it, enough.
And what should we do? Talk about how we can still win 15 games and perhaps finish 9th place? Moral victory?

Saying ''WIN!!!'' is pointless, so we say ''TANK!!!''. The Stanley cup for us this year is a top3 draft pick. Why not let Colombus catch us? only 10 points back now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohashi_Jouzu
He was invisible very often in Calgary, as well, who I always have watched quite often actually. Inconsistent and occasionally hard-working is how I would have described him then, and I haven't seen anything to change my mind since. Not more talented than A.Kost... in fact it's the opposite by a long shot. And I can't say that I've seen a Rene Bourque that was any more consistently committed physically and defensively than A.Kost was on average. But whatever, right?
I find Bourque to be extremely disappointing so far. Once again the Habs downgraded and kept the wrong player...

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 03:14 AM
PATCHESx67

and EDM won,what a great tanking day

PATCHESx67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 03:51 AM
FiveForDrawingBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Never should've traded for him. And we're stuck with him for a long time.
Ah...but Bourque allowed us to trade Kostitsyn for a couple more picks.

FiveForDrawingBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 06:35 AM
Naoned
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForDrawingBlood View Post
Ah...but Bourque allowed us to trade Kostitsyn for a couple more picks.
Meh. Don't you think we should have kept Cammy, at that rate? I know everyone will talk about attitude issues, his statements in the media, yadi yada... But we could have endured him a few more month, would not have changed things a lot. Suspend him for a few games after his comments, and keep him till the deadline. Given the prices, he would have fetched a first rounder ++.

Naoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 07:56 AM
onice

Quote:
Sure, he can play the 3rd line. But it made no sense to give up Cammy for a 3rd liner. Bad season or not we shouldn't have given him away the way we did. Nobody wanted Bourque... at all. So of course we go get him just like we did with Kaberle and Gomez. Any team that wants to get rid of their trash just calls us up and we accomodate them.

Totally stupid move.
Actually Mr Webster & Mr Merriam have declared the word "stupid" as obsolete. It has been replaced with the word "gauthier" or it's synonym "gainey".

onice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 07:57 AM
JHabs61

Quote:
Originally Posted by PATCHESx67 View Post
and EDM won,what a great tanking day
Carolina won as well.

JHabs61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 08:00 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
When Bourque is on he is a legit powerforward who can bulldoze his way to the net and stands up for himself.
I hope you come on this board and tell us that one game of the year when this will happen. I'm all tingly with expectation.

Old
03-07-2012, 08:02 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovejuice View Post
Sloppy, but exciting. We have a lot of good players playing poorly.

I sincerely hope that Mr. Molson will find the right GM for this team. The results are speaking for themselves.
Gio, Gomer (Useless but face it, effective in some ways),Darche (same comment as Gomer), Moen, AK, Marky and Gill gone.

That is a hell of an injury/trade load.

This team is not this bad, and will be better next year. Meanwhile, the situation is perfect for the tank.

Do I think the Habs will contend next year? No. But I could see them drafting well, and in the playoffs next year, or just out. The year after, I see good things coming.

This is a bit of a mini tank. Flyer's style. All we need is the GM and coach.

Oh, and Edmonton Oilers: **** off ****ing tankers.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 08:03 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Is If Bourque continues to play like he has with the Habs, we'd be lucky if he's a 3rd liner that can pot 15 goals.

He's more like a 3rd liner that can go potty by himself.

Old
03-07-2012, 08:05 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Habs are SOOOOOO good with players not known for their work ethic. And yet, they go and trade for Bourque. Reason why when most people talk about getting BIGGER, what it means is that in BIG, there's heart, commitment, and using that BIG body. Everybody knew Bourque wasn't doing that. Everybody but our management.

Give both Gainey and Gauthier 5-year extensions. And have Molson name this his BEST MOVE YET.

Yep, those guys took awful teams ran by Houle and made them a respectable one. Problem is that not that long ago, we were MUCH better than respectable. And this year, nobody is respecting us.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 08:05 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
Kaberle with an assist and a +1 tonight, keeps on rolling
Good news for the summer trade.

Old
03-07-2012, 08:06 AM
onice

Quote:

Cammy made an offside comment that he apologized for.
First off, it wasn't off hand. It was deliberate. Second, did he apologize?. All I heard was his denial. But your point still stands. We shouldn't have unloaded him for such a meagre return. My guts tell me this wasn't just a Gauthier move. It was dictated from above, Molson.

Old
03-07-2012, 08:07 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Good news for the summer trade.
That's what I'm waiting for. Hey, he has all those points with us, hence he's a great d-man. Which means, we will have no problem trading him now. 1st rounder? Absolutely....can't wait.....

Old
03-07-2012, 08:13 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by onice View Post
First off, it wasn't off hand. It was deliberate. Second, did he apologize?. All I heard was his denial. But your point still stands. We shouldn't have unloaded him for such a meagre return. My guts tell me this wasn't just a Gauthier move. It was dictated from above, Molson.
How does that work? Good moves are made by Gauthier and bad moves by Molson? And again, Cammy said we were playing like losers. Guess what? We were and still are.

Old
03-07-2012, 08:15 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
That's what I'm waiting for. Hey, he has all those points with us, hence he's a great d-man. Which means, we will have no problem trading him now. 1st rounder? Absolutely....can't wait.....
Even gauthier isn't gainey (stupid) enough to package our 1st rounder to unload Kaberle.

Old
03-07-2012, 08:21 AM
onice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
How does that work? Good moves are made by Gauthier and bad moves by Molson? And again, Cammy said we were playing like losers. Guess what? We were and still are.
Aw c'mon, Whitesnake, you're really defending that puke, Cammalleri. His outburst had nothing to do with us playing like losers. It had to do with the fact that the little spoiled prima donna wasn't getting the players he wanted and the locker room knew he was a little egotistical twerp.

I'm of Italian descent but I got no respect for anything that little jerk has to say. That outburst of his had nothing to do with pride and wanting to win. It had everything to do with Cammy wanting things his way. He placed his interests above the interests of the team.

As for gauthier, I think you missed my 1001 posts where I'm calling him & his retarded twin Gainey dumber than door knobs.

Last edited by onice: 03-07-2012 at 08:27 AM.
Old
03-07-2012, 08:24 AM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
I really think Bourque will turn it around with a competent coach and a motivated team. Everything is a mess right now, and he's a new guy who's already known as inconsistent.

I'm still happy with the Cammy deal, he's a turd and it was obvious he wasn't cared for in the lockerroom.
This team is missing leadership big time, getting Markov, Gio and hopefully Moen back next year will help a lot not only on the ice but also in the locker room. We are also missing Gill's leadership ever since he was traded.

Just by getting those guys and hopefully a real head coach next year we should see huge improvements from many players on this team.

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 08:34 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Just when I thought it couldn't get more irritating with the 'tank' comments by all the puppets around here...

With Gionta and Markov, this team has at least 8-10 more wins without question, and is a playoff team right now. Even with a Gionta, we are a bubble team.

But keep on cranking out the 'tank' quotes in every post, it never gets old.....
Uh. Um. That's the whole point dude. We are a decent team that happens through circumstances to be tanking for a very high pick.

We're not celebrating losing, we're celebrating that we can get a lot better, soon.

Old
03-07-2012, 08:37 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
Gio, Gomer (Useless but face it, effective in some ways),Darche (same comment as Gomer), Moen, AK, Marky and Gill gone.

That is a hell of an injury/trade load.

This team is not this bad, and will be better next year. Meanwhile, the situation is perfect for the tank.

Do I think the Habs will contend next year? No. But I could see them drafting well, and in the playoffs next year, or just out. The year after, I see good things coming.

This is a bit of a mini tank. Flyer's style. All we need is the GM and coach.

Oh, and Edmonton Oilers: **** off ****ing tankers.
How ?

one top pick will not do much for the few UFA we have that will sign elsewhere... and the other UFA we'll try to land but will refuse in the end...

ECWHSWI is online now   Reply With Quote