HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Leafs lose 5-4

Old
03-07-2012, 06:44 AM
Yosho
Logic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrywally23 View Post
Boston had a good team Kessel's second NHL season, I believe Krejci was on the same line as Kessel. all I'm saying is you can't compare a players 6th season stats to a player that has only been in the league 2 years. you have to compare season by season, 1st vs 1st, and so on
And what I've pointed out is that your logic of a Season-by-Season-comparison can just as easily be thrown out the window.

Yosho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 07:52 AM
diceman934

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosho View Post
And what I've pointed out is that your logic of a Season-by-Season-comparison can just as easily be thrown out the window.

Logic can not be tossed out the window as that is the point of logic!

diceman934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 07:56 AM
iceblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve1873 View Post
"were you pleased, even though you got pumped again, that you had some good fights?"

What a question.

I must say Randy looks pretty good compared to Ronnie.

Or is he just a different guy saying the same old crap

Haha I wondered the same thing. But his message sure sounded different and I was definitely pleased with the team's effort (except for part of second period). So at this point I say Randy does look (and sound) pretty good compared to Ronnie.

Not sure if team agrees yet lol, but those who don't buy into the new system might find their ice time with the Leafs severely reduced.

iceblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 07:57 AM
SteveV*

I hate the way we play, no forecheck, no speed in transition, this team isn't built for Carlyle's style. That was hard to watch last night.

SteveV* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 08:10 AM
Yosho
Logic

Quote:
Originally Posted by diceman934 View Post
Logic can not be tossed out the window as that is the point of logic!
Mind = Blown

Yosho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 08:38 AM
Morguee
That's Mind-boggling

More effort last night than i have seen in a while from the Leafs. I don't mind losing to a better team when there is effort atleast. Rosie handled Thorton a lot better than i thought he would, I wonder if Colton has been schooling him. Training camp just started about 17 games earlier for next year. With Lupul's and Army's injuries they can bring up Ashton with out burning a callup(I think). That is a little silver lining anyway.

Gus was very average and played ok but lets give Reimer the ball. Reimer is under contract next season and needs to get some starts and confidence going, Gus I think is done after this season(in Toronto I mean).

Gardiner is either getting tired again or struggling to figure out the new system or both. Either way let him sit a few games and watch instead of destroying the confidence he has built up.

Morguee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 08:54 AM
DirtyDion03
**** Brooklyn

vCash: 166
How about Chara's hit on Connolly? Anyone think he should get a hearing or something? Connolly's very lucky.

DirtyDion03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 09:10 AM
gobruins734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosho View Post
Seguin has played his first two seasons on the best team in the league. Scott Gomez could have similar numbers (THAT WAS A JOKE).

But really, the Bruins are a good team. I would imagine Seguin's numbers would be similar to Kessels first 2 seasons if Boston was at the same level as they were when they drafted Kessel at 5th overall.

Get out of here.
And Kessel played with a prime Marc Savard.

Put Seguin on the wing with a healthy Savard and see the gaudy numbers he would post.

I love Bergeron and would never trade him, but in terms of playmaking no one on the Bruins can hold a candle to Savard in his prime

gobruins734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 09:38 AM
Soderberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guster Burton View Post
Seguin has been playing with Lucic. I noticed tonight, Lucic and Krejci were doing all the dirty work while Seguin was floating in the open areas. Leafs D were too busy/retarded to cover him. Don't get me wrong, the kid is talented, but it would be interesting to see how he would play on this soft Leaf team. It's not the same when you know that nobody has your back.

Also, I'm pretty sure Kessel played with Ryder and Savard his last year. I could be wrong on that.
Kessel played with lucic and savard. Savard is more talented than anyone seguin has played with and seguin has been with lucic for a whole 3 games. If you're going to sell seguin short you should at least be more accurate.

Soderberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 09:51 AM
Morguee
That's Mind-boggling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segchise View Post
Kessel played with lucic and savard. Savard is more talented than anyone seguin has played with and seguin has been with lucic for a whole 3 games. If you're going to sell seguin short you should at least be more accurate.
And Seguin underwent treatment for testicular cancer in both testicles to start his career off making him the obvious better player for now and always.

Morguee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 09:56 AM
4evaBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morguee View Post
More effort last night than i have seen in a while from the Leafs. I don't mind losing to a better team when there is effort atleast. Rosie handled Thorton a lot better than i thought he would, I wonder if Colton has been schooling him. Training camp just started about 17 games earlier for next year. With Lupul's and Army's injuries they can bring up Ashton with out burning a callup(I think). That is a little silver lining anyway.
The effort was there, and the game really could have gone either way. A few defensive brainfarts were the difference. Props to the veterans Army and Connolly for standing up for themselves (and the team), eventhough they're not exactly scrapers.

Quote:
Gus was very average and played ok but lets give Reimer the ball. Reimer is under contract next season and needs to get some starts and confidence going, Gus I think is done after this season(in Toronto I mean).
The whole giving the ball to Reims to let him get confidence is what landed us in this spot to start with. Unless the team has decided to mail it in for the season, we don't need that crap again.

Quote:
Gardiner is either getting tired again or struggling to figure out the new system or both. Either way let him sit a few games and watch instead of destroying the confidence he has built up.
It's to be expected from a rookie who's used to college schedule. He should never have been getting 20+ mins a night, nevermind on a regular basis. He should definately be sitting in favor of Franson atm, but Carlyle needs to get a feel for all the players still.

4evaBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:00 AM
Wendelstache

can we move on w/ the kessel deal, i wish boston would've got the #1 pick and got hall instead.

kessel is clearly better then hall, and leafs nation wouldn't give a shi*.

Wendelstache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:14 AM
Shoebottom
Bruin exiting lair

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDion03 View Post
How about Chara's hit on Connolly? Anyone think he should get a hearing or something? Connolly's very lucky.
Would've been nice if Connolly got up and exacted revenge, kinda like Seidenberg.

Shoebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:17 AM
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoebottom View Post
Would've been nice if Connolly got up and exacted revenge, kinda like Seidenberg.
so you're seriously expecting Tim Connolly to fight Zdeno Chara?

Volcanologist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:19 AM
Erdinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanologist View Post
so you're seriously expecting Tim Connolly to fight Zdeno Chara?
No he seriously hates Connolly obviously

Erdinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:22 AM
Pi

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendelstache View Post
can we move on w/ the kessel deal, i wish boston would've got the #1 pick and got hall instead.

kessel is clearly better then hall, and leafs nation wouldn't give a shi*.

Hall is better than Seguin and Kessel lol. He isn't afraid to get hit, he isn't afraid to lay a hit, he drives to the net and has some of the most ridiculously amazing looking plays.

Eberle's success can be tied to Hall.

Seguin and Kessel both seem afraid of the boards and barely lay a hit, Kessel more than Seguin.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:40 AM
checkerdome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispy Crust View Post
Only 16 games left. Tank away boys.
Since the Leafs aren't going to be losing intentionally(otherwise, why would Brian Burke have brought in Randy Carlyle?), how is what you're writing different from "Only 16 games left. Lose away boys."?

What should the Leafs do differently in order to "tank"; as opposed to lose?

Last edited by checkerdome: 03-07-2012 at 11:40 AM.
checkerdome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 11:32 AM
whitera

i hope malkin has a big night.,...

whitera is offline   Reply With Quote