HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tremblay: Gauthier Running Habs like KGB

Old
03-07-2012, 08:42 AM
Joe Cole

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I ain't no Tremblay fan but if he wants to get Gauthier fired he would get my vote
It is not as if Tremblay said anything that 100 guys had not said for months before him.

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 08:42 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

So, Gauthier likes to have his hands on everything, but wasn't he a lazy GM that looks at the ceiling all day? Now he's a control freak? And that's supposed to be bad?..

Meanwhile, in NJ, nobody ever made an issue about how Lamouriello runs his club like a Mob boss. I remember M.Tremblay saying Lamouriello lashed out at an employee for having a family picture on her desk.

And Molson won't be able to fire Gauthier because RC will be let go? Molson can do whatever he pleases, and if this guy doesn't fire Gauthier, then I'm not so sure we'll go anywhere with him as an owner.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 08:43 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
You seem to be confusing the GMs job with the coaches job.

1. It is the GMs job to acquire talent.
2. It is the Coaches job to get the most out of that talent.

From a talent standpoint, I like what PG has done. He traded Halak for Lars Eller and instilled confidence in Price. He brought in Cole who has been the perfect role model for Pacioretty. He was able to get Emelin over and in a Habs jersey. He drafted Beaulieu and Tinordi (huge Tinordi fan). He flipped Cammy and his contract for Bourque saving 5 million in cap room over the next 2 years. He's single handedly reshaping the roster from smurfs to one with size.
Timmins drafted those players, not Gauthier who probably never even saw those kids play before the scout told him

He saved cap room, but traded for Kaberle at the same time. Good one Let me guess your also part of the he has 20pts with us?

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 08:45 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

This article proves the media witch hunt vs PG, instead of actually reviewing his moves they are talking about how they don't have enough access to the team and players.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 08:45 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Oh man please, look at the Devils last year, and this year, look at Philly in 07.

Everything that could possible go wrong this year, has gone wrong. Does PG deserve blame, hell ya, all of it, no.

I hope he gets replaced at the end of the season because there is somone else that is better, but I hope he isn't fired just for the sake of chance.

PPL make him seem worse than what he is. If you look at all his moves all have been "meh", nothing great nothing bad.

There is just a witch hunt vs him, ppl call him unprofessional because he actually tells a player he is traded, but can't tell him where to until its offical, and yet when you bring up clase like players finding out thru the media like in the cases of Jack Johnson, Nick Schultz just a few weeks ago, they all go quiet

Heck I remember being a thread how this might have been the deepest team MTL has iced for a long time. Our lineup was actually suppose to look like

Cammy-Plek-Cole
Patches-Gomez-Gio
DD-Eller-AK
Moen-Betts/Noke-White/Darche

Markov-Gorges
Gill-Subban
Spacek-Emelin/Daiz/Weber/Campoli
So I don't get why you quoted me if in the end you want him gone as well? We are dead last, he has no sense of direction and is not the guy you want going forward. The guy is a freaking zombie

Old
03-07-2012, 08:46 AM
shamrun

at this point goat could be desperate enough to try anything to keep his job. That I am not surprised with, but, saying that Molson lost the reigns when he is the one signing the checks is odd.

shamrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 08:46 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Timmins drafted those players, not Gauthier who probably never even saw those kids play before the scout told him

He saved cap room, but traded for Kaberle at the same time. Good one Let me guess your also part of the he has 20pts with us?
Production > idle cap space.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 08:49 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
Production > idle cap space.
Cap space = going after a better hockey player in the off season

Old
03-07-2012, 08:50 AM
Seb
Unregistered User

vCash: 50
Send a message via MSN to Seb
Quote:
C’est son protégé Kevin Gilmore, un ancien des Ducks de Anaheim, qui est le bras droit de Geoff Molson. Tous savent qu’il va toujours couvrir Gauthier.
This is what scares me the most in this article.

Seb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 08:51 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
So I don't get why you quoted me if in the end you want him gone as well? We are dead last, he has no sense of direction and is not the guy you want going forward. The guy is a freaking zombie
you said "there is not 1 GM that does a good job when his team finishes dead last in his conference"

I have you examples of the Devils last year, and Philly in 07, two teams that had horrible seasons whether it was coaching, injuries, and quickly retooled under the same GM.

And I said I fine with him being fired if they feel that there is a better replacement, where as some ppl just want change for sake of change.

Old
03-07-2012, 08:51 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:

Do you really think Kaberle is unmovable? 4.25 cap hit over 2 years for a proven 45+ point defenseman aint bad. I GUARANTEE you we will get more back for Kaberle this offseason (assuming Markov is healthy and good to go next year) than what we gave up (a non asset in Spacek who was expiring).

That deal will prove to be a win.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 08:53 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
This article proves the media witch hunt vs PG, instead of actually reviewing his moves they are talking about how they don't have enough access to the team and players.
Precisely.

I'm trying to understand the point of this article, and I'll I can see is a journalist trying to paint the GM as some evil freak.

I seriously question the ''sources'' of this guys too. His quotes from ''employees'' remain unnamed and questionable. Then ends his article by saying ''Molson should talk to Tony Tavares (Ducks president at the time of Gauthier's stay) if he wants to learn more Gauthier''. So, the guys he actually names, he doesn't talk to and has no quotes from.
But the people he does quote, remain anonymous. I find that rather odd.

Old
03-07-2012, 08:54 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:

Actually when PG became GM he fired most of the amateur and pro scouts and replaced them with guys like Ryan Jankowski who was ast GM/head scout of the Islanders. So since the Tinordi draft, its been mainly PG guys with Timmins still being at the helm.

Old
03-07-2012, 08:54 AM
habitue*

Quote:
RC will definitely be sent packing, but I for one hope PG stick around. When you actually look one by one at all the moves he's made, he's done a good job. The Markov signing was a mistake though.
Trading AK for a 2nd pick while Gaustad (another UFA) costed a 1st to Nashville is called bas asset management.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 08:56 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habtacular View Post
Viewed with awe by rivals through the sixties and seventies, now seen as a bit of a joke, haven't acheived anything of relevance since the early 90's, seems a fair comparison.
If you don't know anything about the Russian internal politics or that the KGB's successor, the GRU, single-handily took over the Russian business establishment in the last 90's/early 00's and still considered to be one of the most ruthless and effective intelligence organization in the world to this day, just don't try to actually fake you know what you are talking about.

It's insulting to the KGB on many levels. First, the KGB was actually effective. Second, there was genuine loyalty between it's members and they would rarely throw one of their own to be devoured by the public.

If anything, the Habs organization is a less moral, less efficient version of it. You know, like the Canadian Intelligence Agency (never kept track of it's actual name)

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 08:56 AM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb View Post
This is what scares me the most in this article.
Don't forget, Gainey is the conciliary as well, they all protect the Made man, Gautsyier.

Old
03-07-2012, 08:57 AM
habsfan92

PG should also get the credit for guiding the Habs to what will be the lowest ever finish in the 36 years that I have been their fan. Congrats! Point to the Cammalleri trade and Halak trade and say, see, great moves! Result, bottom five finish.

While shaving this morning, it occurred to me that perhaps this IS Gainey's master plan. Realizing that we needed a top 3 pick to help rebuild, he couldnt stand to be GM while that was happening. So, name PG successor, knowing that the end result would be poor performance & little future planning. Tanking was inevitable. After that PG would be removed, opening the door for Gainey to come back refreshed & have a top 3 pick, along with an already mature Price & Subban & Pacioretty to build on.
Diabolical!!

habsfan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 08:57 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
If you don't know anything about the Russian internal politics or that the KGB's successor, the GRU, single-handily took over the Russian business establishment in the last 90's/early 00's and still considered to be one of the most ruthless and effective intelligence organization in the world to this day, just don't try to actually fake you know what you are talking about.

It's insulting to the KGB on many levels. First, the KGB was actually effective. Second, there was genuine loyalty between it's members and they would rarely throw one of their own to be devoured by the public.

If anything, the Habs organization is a less moral, less efficient version of it. You know, like the Canadian Intelligence Agency (never kept track of it's actual name)
How about "incompetent" ?

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Don't forget, Gainey is the conciliary as well, they all protect the Made man, Gautsyier.
I loved Gainey as a player but he is another one who needs to GTFO

Old
03-07-2012, 08:59 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Do you really think Kaberle is unmovable? 4.25 cap hit over 2 years for a proven 45+ point defenseman aint bad. I GUARANTEE you we will get more back for Kaberle this offseason (assuming Markov is healthy and good to go next year) than what we gave up (a non asset in Spacek who was expiring).

That deal will prove to be a win.
Every time someone says Kaberle is worthless, I bring up what the Wild got for Zidlicky, 2nd and Palmieri, but no one seems to reply afterword, or I get stupid replies, like "why didn't PG trade Kaberle then".

Zidlicky is older, just as bad defensively, but has stupid producing offensively, even with 1 year less and 250K on this contract, Kaberle>Zidlicky.

Old
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
I was trying to like PG as a GM. Liked the Cole move, liked the Markov signing, Liked the Gorges signing. But not shopping Cammy enough, trading him mid game, trading for Kaberle, waiting till game 60+ to get a legitimate tough guy, having a defense of Campoli,Diaz,Weber, and Kaberle, apologizing for hiring Randy Cunneyworth while he is still on the job have been too much all in one season. I'm sorry but we are being perceived around the league as a joke now. That hurts. PG just doesn't get what the habs are.
I know what you're saying. So true. His perception that size wasn't an issue on this team, in tandem with building the defense group he has, and then finally noticing that it's not going to work, so he blows up the forwards... just to realize that the defense still isn't going to work as is, plus the coaching thing, etc, etc. Guy just seems to keep making moves without any higher level of insight into the possible contributions than any of us here, and the "rebuild" continues to go in circles because of his seeming inability, individually, to assess the strengths and weaknesses of the players he's adding/subtracting, and how they'll affect the "core". He has gotten lucky with some, not so much with others.

I don't want him fired just for firing's sake; someone better has to be in line first. But I'm pretty much done with Gauthier. Among other things, he seems to be at the mercy of other GMs around the league more so than even my poor gullible parents in the face of car salesmen (inside story, but suffice to say I think they ended up with almost exactly the car they didn't need recently).

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
Trading AK for a 2nd pick while Gaustad (another UFA) costed a 1st to Nashville is called bas asset management.
You really think PG didn't try to get more? He got the best deal he could. For all we know Nashville was the only team that wanted AK...

Old
03-07-2012, 09:00 AM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
you said "there is not 1 GM that does a good job when his team finishes dead last in his conference"

I have you examples of the Devils last year, and Philly in 07, two teams that had horrible seasons whether it was coaching, injuries, and quickly retooled under the same GM.

And I said I fine with him being fired if they feel that there is a better replacement, where as some ppl just want change for sake of change.
Devils didn't finish last. Had one of the best record in the second half.

Flyers started the season with Bob Clarke as GM. He was fired a month in.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 09:02 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
How about "incompetent" ?
I considered it, but it's in no way Colombus-level of suckage. so I'll just keep it's "less moral and less efficient", giving myself a margin of manoeuver :-)

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 09:02 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Every time someone says Kaberle is worthless, I bring up what the Wild got for Zidlicky, 2nd and Palmieri, but no one seems to reply afterword, or I get stupid replies, like "why didn't PG trade Kaberle then".

Zidlicky is older, just as bad defensively, but has stupid producing offensively, even with 1 year less and 250K on this contract, Kaberle>Zidlicky.
Some people just want to fire everybody because of this season, but it'd be a mistake to throw the baby out with the bathwater. With PG as GM, and with the talent we have on hand, I think there can be a quick turnaround much like Ottawa had this year. We just need to have a great draft/offseason and find our Paul Maclean...

If we fire PG then the wheels could really fall off this puppy...