HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Devils 3/6/2012 - The Horror Show on D

View Poll Results: Who sucked more tonight?
Daniel Girardi 5 11.36%
Danny Boy Girardi 2 4.55%
Danny Girardi 2 4.55%
Dan Girardi 12 27.27%
Dan G-Money Girardi 23 52.27%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-07-2012, 07:11 AM
NikC

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
I want to enjoy this season as much as possible as you never know, but this can't stressed enough. We're a season early, and it can't be under-emphasized. Next season we're looking at Kreider being inserted to this team which will remain the same. Another year on every player to improve. Dubinsky's down season in the past. Possibilities of Thomas and others making the jump from Junior to the NHL at season's beginning or mid-season ala Hagelin. Erixon making our defense even more sturdy and less of a burden on Staal, McDonagh, and Girardi, the return of Sauer. The list goes on. But, we know the future is bright, and that's what leads me to optimism for this team even this season, regardless of some half-assed loss in a regular season game to the Devils.

Let's not over-analyze this game, look to go jump off the Brooklyn Bridge, or do irrational things like saying scratch Girardi. Let's put the loss behind and know we have room to grow, as does any kind of team at this point of the season. 20 games left, let's get at LEAST those amount of points, rest our top guns and set ourselves for a nice spring. If 111 points isn't enough to win the East, so be it. Rest > Home Ice throughout.
agree with your balanced approach.

This team is showing signs of wear in this system. They simply do
not have the puck enough and it's wearing down our defense.

As much as I am looking forward to seeing what Krieder can do, this team still needs to bring in another top line scorer.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 07:22 AM
Chimp

I think the Rangers should use the Devils' own tactics against them alot more when we play them. Consistently and intentionally cut right in front of players chasing the puck to slow them down.

Considering all the whining that the scoring is down, that they allow so much interferences basically every shift is kind of strange. Devils is far from the only team doing this though, Buffalo for example are also really bad.

Last edited by Chimp: 03-07-2012 at 07:31 AM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 07:37 AM
Dangleberry

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Henrik 30 View Post
Say what you will about the amount of points this team has gained in the last few games, but the actual effort on the ice has been completely ****** (the defense especially).

It's one thing to be happy that they're holding onto first place, but you're blind if you think that this team hasn't been playing as well as they usually do these last 3 games. Careless turnovers, stupid penalties and losing easy battles on the board is going to end up hurting this team come playoff time if it isn't fixed.

This team is in a good position to make a deep run into the playoffs, these last games of the season should be momentum gainers and an opportunity to work on the weaker parts of their game. If they continue putting up efforts like they have in these last three games, many of us are going to be disappointed come playoff time.

I have confidence that Torts will rip this team a new one for their lack of quality play, I just hope they can get everything sorted out before the playoffs start.

Pretty bad game overall. I was sitting on the side where the Rangers shoot twice and felt like all the action was on the other side of the ice the entire night. Tough loss, but that was their fourth game in six days. Fatigue will definitely be a factor during this stretch.

Dangleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 07:59 AM
JSDNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic15 View Post
The Devils have been a farm team for the rest of the league with the amount of talent they have lost to free agency. They're a joke.
Yea we really miss Scott Gomez.

JSDNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 09:03 AM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

If you're not genuinely worried about this team at this point...

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 09:09 AM
MSG the place to be*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
If you believed this team's chances at a cup (even as the favorites) were ever any better than 5:1...

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
I'm not worried about the team, so i'm going to need some clarity on your point.

03-07-2012, 10:13 AM
TRC
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjimmyg89 View Post
I want to enjoy this season as much as possible as you never know, but this can't stressed enough. We're a season early, and it can't be under-emphasized. Next season we're looking at Kreider being inserted to this team which will remain the same. Another year on every player to improve. Dubinsky's down season in the past. Possibilities of Thomas and others making the jump from Junior to the NHL at season's beginning or mid-season ala Hagelin. Erixon making our defense even more sturdy and less of a burden on Staal, McDonagh, and Girardi, the return of Sauer. The list goes on. But, we know the future is bright, and that's what leads me to optimism for this team even this season, regardless of some half-assed loss in a regular season game to the Devils.

Let's not over-analyze this game, look to go jump off the Brooklyn Bridge, or do irrational things like saying scratch Girardi. Let's put the loss behind and know we have room to grow, as does any kind of team at this point of the season. 20 games left, let's get at LEAST those amount of points, rest our top guns and set ourselves for a nice spring. If 111 points isn't enough to win the East, so be it. Rest > Home Ice throughout.

Not to be argumentative but the addition of Kreider IMO doesn't put the Rangers over the top next season. The team's goal production (this year) vs the other top teams is about 20 goals less and I don't see any more goals out of the current roster + Kreider next year to make a significant dent into that.

IMO they'll still be in the same boat needing to add a Nash, Carter, Iginla type of player to pull them closer to the pack in the off season or trade deadline next year.

TRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
I'm not worried about the team, so i'm going to need some clarity on your point.
well, i think what he means is, worried about this team being able to win the cup.

i can only speak for myself, but, after we failed to get Nash, i pretty much gave up on winning the cup this year.

Love this team, dont think they are talented enough to win the cup. not unless they get an absurd about of luck their way.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:31 PM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post

They haven't played consistent hockey in months at this point. Injuries, wearing down, etc. I get it.

The defense has looked horrific, Hank's GAA is rising every game, the offense is sporadic at best.

I'm worried that this is the start of a massive plummet down the standings and if they don't turn it around an early exit from the first rd. will be soon to follow.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 03:13 PM
mrjimmyg89
'13-'14 East Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRC View Post
Not to be argumentative but the addition of Kreider IMO doesn't put the Rangers over the top next season. The team's goal production (this year) vs the other top teams is about 20 goals less and I don't see any more goals out of the current roster + Kreider next year to make a significant dent into that.

IMO they'll still be in the same boat needing to add a Nash, Carter, Iginla type of player to pull them closer to the pack in the off season or trade deadline next year.
Kreider gives the team much more balance, allowing us to have a legit 3rd line threat when our pieces are healthy. We won't have to play Richards, Anisimov, and Stepan all in the top 6 next season out of need. With 15 million in cap space for next season according to capgeek, that's without potential changes to the CBA, salary roll backs, and cap reductions, as well as resigning players (Prust, Del Zotto, Stralman?, Feds?). We'll have space to add a depth, 3rd line winger if needed, which I see them going after in the offseason after the steps this team has taken this season. I don't see the need for another star player. Staying the course has gotten us this far, let's see where it goes next season and if we need to add after that, I can see it happening.

mrjimmyg89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Scottyk9
Stuck in purgatory.

vCash: 432
Send a message via AIM to Scottyk9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni1994 View Post
I think he was trying to make a point that it will affect the Devils more with their financial situation.
Which is unclear and to this point all the Devils have done is add salary. Lou is on record saying the team is non handicapped on the hockey operations side. It seems the organization has saved some money in the front office though by letting go long standing members.

Also it appears there is a new group coming in 2 buy 50% of the team. The NY post has talked about it and Darren Millard of sportnet has alluded to it.

Scottyk9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 07:00 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Avoided any possible spoiler since Mon night to watch the game on DVR today.

Ugh, like opening a turd sandwich on Xmas morning.

I don't get the Mitchell hate. He does more than our "tough" guys Rupp & Scott. We don't need both IMO.

NYGBleedBlueNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 07:04 PM
Ih8theislanders
Full-kit ****ers

Which Devil was Scott chasing around the rink, and the guy kept running away from him?

Ih8theislanders is offline   Reply With Quote