HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Do You Take Supplements/Stimulants Before Games?

Old
03-06-2012, 01:36 PM
Ozz

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulluminati View Post
I took 1.M.R once before a game, I felt like I was skating faster than ever before... I actually had a pretty good game, put up a few points.

Might do it again
If you liked that, check out Hemo Rage Black Ultra Concentrate. You can never tell but it's suspected to have a decent dose of that in it + a bunch of other goodies. This has been my pre-workout stim of choice, and I take a scoop on playoff days when we expect to advance and play 2 games in a day.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 01:40 PM
newfr4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid6 View Post
Most guys I know know drink beer before the game. I played with these two guys from NASA and they would drink the three stage Gatorade products every game and I used to find it humorous because they were the slowest guys on the team.
yeah, the gatorade line is pure marketing fluff. my captain does the pre-game one, and we make fun of him all the time. he tries to laugh it off saying he just likes how it tastes.

newfr4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 07:46 PM
Casey44

Jack3d is awesome, it can kinda make your hands and feet tingle until you really get moving

Casey44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 08:08 PM
PuckHogs29

Depends on the time of the game and what I have to do the next day. Usually a really small serving of something. I wouldn't want to take 3 scoops of n.o. xplode before a 10:45 game and have work the next morning.

I usually try and time it so I'm awake but not cracked out by game time. If it's spring and summer and we have early ice I usually don't need much of anything. I can get up for a 7:30 or 8PM game pretty easy.

PuckHogs29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Mayor Bee
\/me_____you\/

In my case, I never did and probably won't when I get back into playing on a somewhat regular basis. Generally speaking, sharp and focused = good, jittery with tremors = bad. Caffeine does have a positive impact in terms of mental clarity, but it's easy to go nuts with it. Obviously it depends on someone's individual caffeine tolerance.

As far as during games, this study is interesting:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21364122

In basic terms, consuming protein during a continuous endurance workout has no effect on protein synthesis, but it does have an effect during intermittent workouts. This was specifically tested with weight training sets (30-60 seconds of work, followed by 1-2 minutes of rest), which is a lot closer to a hockey game than other sports.

Mayor Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 11:09 AM
Kulluminati

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
If you liked that, check out Hemo Rage Black Ultra Concentrate. You can never tell but it's suspected to have a decent dose of that in it + a bunch of other goodies. This has been my pre-workout stim of choice, and I take a scoop on playoff days when we expect to advance and play 2 games in a day.
that sounds absolutely horrifying... but ill look into it

Kulluminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:59 PM
Ozz

Quote:
that sounds absolutely horrifying... but ill look into it
Haha - I'm tough to get hyped up, even 3 scoops of NO Xplode would have me barely feeling any effect back in the day. This stuff doesn't get me jittery or anything, but it keeps my mind stimulated hours after the gym. It really helps me focus too, which is why I like it for those double header games.

Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 01:10 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
I tried the NO Explode 2.0 and it upset my stomach. It seems like the more basic the supplement the better my system likes it.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 03:34 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
I took 1.M.R once before a game, I felt like I was skating faster than ever before... I actually had a pretty good game, put up a few points.

Might do it again

1,3 Dimethylamylamine was recently removed from 1MR. That's what made it effective. Jack3d still has it though.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 03:45 PM
vivianmb

2 hr nap...then a tea with 3 teabags in it about 30 min. before the game. has worked for over 20 years for me.

vivianmb is offline   Reply With Quote