HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Is Feds pretty much finished?

Old
03-06-2012, 09:47 AM
Dorado*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numinous View Post
There is good reason why Feds has multiple rings. He is AWESOME in the playoffs. When the games matter the most he will be there and he will lead the youth on this team by example. He is a quiet champion, with the will to win, the will to be the best by beating the best.
Unfortunately I think this whole statement might be better stated in the past tense .
I hope he proves me wrong

Dorado* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Reijo R

Feds is done. The only way he can be effective in an offensive role is if he played with a center who could create and stickhandle his way towards the net (think Malkin, or on this team, Anisimov, occasionally) so that Feds could band home a quick pass or a rebound. Playing with Boyle? Renders Feds useless, unless your big on tying the puck up along the boards in the o-zone.

Reijo R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 11:26 AM
bernmeister

Long term: Keep Mitchell, he's earned it.
Give Feds fair shot next year, no more, no less.

More immediate question: if Feds is unable to continue this year IR, could we use his contract slot for a call up?

I don't want Zuc, and I expect guys like Fasth and Pashnin are unavailable with their situation.

But could Yogan be signed and up here (in Feds slot)?

bernmeister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 11:45 AM
kovazub94
Enigmatic

He is a utility player - 3rd /4th liner who'd be comfortable in any forward spot in the line-up as needed. At his salary, a veteran with multiple SC rings - he's more than adequate in his role on this Rangers team.

kovazub94 is offline   Reply With Quote