HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tremblay: Gauthier Running Habs like KGB

Old
03-07-2012, 10:46 AM
Et le But

vCash: 500
The hate for Gauthier is ridiculous. He's made some good moves, and some bad moves. Nothing he did was as close to as bad as the Gomez trade or any of Houle's famous moves, or even some of the ones at the end of Savard's reign.

But he bears plenty of responsibility for this season and deserves the ax for that. A couple of panic moves in the middle of the season destroyed the team, and for that him, and most of the management, need to fall. It's time for new ideas.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Miller Time

How dare Tremblay insult the KGB that way... Putin should send his nuclear hit squad for such heresy.

bush league journalist at his "best".

Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Crimson Skorpion
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
A Re-Jaune Tremblay hatchet job, I knew something was missing around here. Can someone please put Tremblay and Jack Todd out to pasture?
I get it that Tremblay has his haters, myself included, but today's article was a good read.

I believe Gauthier and Cunneyworth will be gone at the end of the year. A new GM will be hired and he'll bring in his own coaching staff.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:57 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
The hate for Gauthier is ridiculous. He's made some good moves, and some bad moves. Nothing he did was as close to as bad as the Gomez trade or any of Houle's famous moves, or even some of the ones at the end of Savard's reign.

But he bears plenty of responsibility for this season and deserves the ax for that. A couple of panic moves in the middle of the season destroyed the team, and for that him, and most of the management, need to fall. It's time for new ideas.
This is where it gets tricky IMO, does that include the scouting staff, Timmins? Most of the scouts are pretty new that PG has brought in, its been a short time but they seem to have done a good job so far. How about Larry Carriere, he really never has worked with PG before, and came over from the Caps?

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 11:04 AM
Not The One

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
I agree with a lot of things you said, but I kinda like that PG doesn't exactly give the people what they want, pleasing fans shouldn't be the first priority, because that is the whole issue with needing a coach that speaks French.

Also generally speaking, I much rather have a GM that lurks in shadow that one that must have the none stop attention on him (Burke).
I don't get this point of view at all. What's the point of following a sports team at all if it isn't to have some enjoyment? And who's enjoying Gauthier's handiwork right now?

Fans are unhappy.
Players are unhappy.
Shareholders are unhappy.
Apparently employees are unhappy as well.

Good job Gauthier?

Not The One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 11:15 AM
habs03
Subban #Thoroughbred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not The One View Post
I don't get this point of view at all. What's the point of following a sports team at all if it isn't to have some enjoyment? And who's enjoying Gauthier's handiwork right now?

Fans are unhappy.
Players are unhappy.
Shareholders are unhappy.
Apparently employees are unhappy as well.

Good job Gauthier?

I was specifically talking about the role of GM and how much should his moves be affected by pleasing the fans. Might be a poor example but the decision between Halak/Price,a GM should be able to make that decision without thinking of the backlash he might get from fans. Where as a team owner, I might have a different opinoin because I worry about other things as-well ex jersey sales going down, attendance etc.

habs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 11:24 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Isn't this a bit insulting to the KGB?
That's what I was thinking. The KGB struck fear into their opponents. PG is more Maxwell Smart.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 11:24 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

We can all hate Réjean Tremblay as much as we want to, and I'm CLEARLY not his biggest fan, but he his absolutely right (except his line to try to make Réjean Houle better than he was... "pas le plus compétent" for Grundman but "not the worst GM" for Houle? Come on.

Yet, the rest of it is spot on. And the draft is your clearest example. RDS can interview any head scout they want BUT ours. Anybody here who defend the guy would hate to have a boss like that and wouldn't respect him unless....you have results. Which we don't. So there are no reasons to keep him.

Now, what Réjean is doing with this article is NOT a real analysis of what will happen or what a member in the organizaiton thinks, though I do believe he talked to somebody. But what he is really doing with this article is to put pressure on Molson to change Gauthier. When Molson was hired, the only thing Tremblay KEPT repeating was how Molson would be better than Gillett. That Molson WOULD understand how it has to operate here, the franco factor etc. Now, he didn't know that, but used his voice to put pressure so that it changes. So when nothing changed and frankly got worst with the hiring of Cunneyworth, Tremblay went from praising Molson to attack him by saying that he doesn't understand ****. Again, trying to put pressure and now he's putting more pressure on him. Whether we like him or not, whether he makes sense or not, and whether you like it or not, Réjean Tremblay is our Don Cherry. Fires on all cylinders, often with not a lot of research behind it, but what do people around here expect? How many people that attends the Bell Centre knows 5 of our prospects at the lower levels? How many people that reads the newspaper do? Tremblay speaks the language of the majority. And I'm sorry, I love this board and find this is the most interesting place to talk hockey, but we are CLEARLY not the majority.

But as far as THIS fight that Tremblay is trying to have, we HAVE to let him do it. Whether his purpose is the good one, we shouldn't care. Gauthier and Co HAVE to go. And Molson needs to realize it. Let's hope he already have. If not, we are in deeper trouble than we have never been. 'Cause that's the guy who actually owns the freakin team. You can replace a president, much tougher to replace the owner....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 11:39 AM
habitue*

100% sure Gauthier, Gainey & Cie are all gone the day after the last game of the season.

$$$ speaks volume, and Molson understands it as much as anyone. He needs to put ***** in the Bell's seats and suites, sell ads, get TV ratings, etc...

An ovehaul of hockey management personel is mandatory and will be done.

habitue* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 11:48 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by habitue View Post
100% sure Gauthier, Gainey & Cie are all gone the day after the last game of the season.

$$$ speaks volume, and Molson understands it as much as anyone. He needs to put ***** in the Bell's seats and suites, sell ads, get TV ratings, etc...

An ovehaul of hockey management personel is mandatory and will be done.
Yet, you would have thought that of all people, Molson would have realized the mayhem it would create if you hire a unilingual coach. So not only it made us look extremely bad throughout the league, not only it created a mess for the playeres who now couldn,t care less about an interim coach, but it also does not permit you anymore to hire the best men available even at the GM position. Again, I do keep repeating that for the coach, in this province, he needs to be bilingual. Has to. Whether you like it or not. In the winter, it's often cold, what can you do about it. But I believe that you could have gone with a unilingual GM IF he accepts a few conditions. That in his first press conference, he says how he understand how IMPORTANT the french factor is. That he will take some lessons, that his coach will be bilingual and will do what he can to bring back the french factor in the players. You give what the people want to here. Yet, you also win by hiring the BEST GM who while having to work with those criteria, will still be able to surround it with players of his choices and you still have to best of this guy. But now, with Gauthier's mess and Molson's inability to understand the most logical thing, I'm sure you can't do that. And I'm amongst the one who believes more in the choice of a GM than a choice of a coach. Not saying a coach is not important though.

So, based on all of that, Molson dropped the easiest pop fly out there. Wouldn't be surprised if he drops that one too. He could be convinced that the youngsters are coming....that Markov is coming back....that Gomez will explode..., that a new coach will change it all etc. etc. etc. I do not have a lot of confidence in Molson right now, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him go for another run. But I seriously hope he doesn't.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 11:59 AM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
That's what I was thinking. The KGB struck fear into their opponents. PG is more Maxwell Smart.
I think Tremblay is jealous.

Habs created more drama in a single season than him over all his "Lance et compte" series.

Old
03-07-2012, 12:01 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Tremblay is just pissed off because he can't complain about Gauthier being an Anglophone like he did when Gainey was running things.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:05 PM
habitue*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Tremblay is just pissed off because he can't complain about Gauthier being an Anglophone like he did when Gainey was running things.
Tremblay never talked about that.

Old
03-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonSkorpion View Post
I get it that Tremblay has his haters, myself included, but today's article was a good read.

I believe Gauthier and Cunneyworth will be gone at the end of the year. A new GM will be hired and he'll bring in his own coaching staff.
There is a lot you can say about Gauthier and Cunneyworth and I also believe both are gone at the end of the year. But saying we are running it like the KGB? He's basically using the Russian version of Godwin's law here.

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:17 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
RC will definitely be sent packing, but I for one hope PG stick around. When you actually look one by one at all the moves he's made, he's done a good job. The Markov signing was a mistake though.
LOL- your trolling!! You gotta be!! LOL

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:19 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
mor like a vicious mr bean who isnt funny

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:19 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Hammers been a huge bust in Washington. He's even been healthy scratched lately.

Remember when people were complaining about keeping Gill over Hammer? At least Gill fetched us a nice return...
i was happy they kept gill and i didn't want hamrlik resigned for two years either **** that (one is fine, but take a hike if you want two), but acquiring a significant minute eater, like hamrlik was, should have been a priority. he gambled and everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong. and he lost.

the end.

**** markov, **** campoli, **** weber, the real mistake was not getting a replacement for hamrlik. not the washington hamrlik, the montreal hamrlik, the guy that filled the giant hole left by markov's repeated injuries

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
i was happy they kept gill and i didn't want hamrlik resigned for two years either **** that (one is fine, but take a hike if you want two), but acquiring a significant minute eater, like hamrlik was, should have been a priority. he gambled and everything that could have gone wrong, went wrong. and he lost.

the end.

**** markov, **** campoli, **** weber, the real mistake was not getting a replacement for hamrlik. not the washington hamrlik, the montreal hamrlik, the guy that filled the giant hole left by markov's repeated injuries
The replacement for Hamrlik is Gorges.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:23 PM
habitue*

Quote:
That was clearly not enough.

Old
03-07-2012, 12:25 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
if gorges fills hamrlik's hole, who fills gorges' hole?

Old
03-07-2012, 12:29 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Firstly, it's RC's decision who is in the line-up and where. Secondly, we were trying to make a playoff push (but ultimately failed), so the guy with 2-goals in 24-games didn't get any favour. He was still playing 13-15 minutes a night usually.

I like AK but the guy was one of the most inconsistent NHLers I've ever seen. Brian Savage, basically.
Meanwhile, the guy that scored 2 goals in 69Games, the one that had not scored over a full calendar year, gets 4-5min of PP ice time.

Also, the guy that scored 2 goals in 24GP, is also the one that scored 8goals in 15games during the same year.

Moral of the story, you stick with the guy that can score some freaking goals because there's a lot more chances that he'll pot one in, get out of his funk, and help the team create offense as opposed to the 4th line grinder or the 13th forward.
Anothing thing that's pretty clear, if you keep him on the bottom lines, chances are he won't get out of his funk and he'll keep poorly performing.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:30 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
if gorges fills hamrlik's hole, who fills gorges' hole?
Don't waste much time with the Gauthier fan club

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:36 PM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Don't waste much time with the Gauthier fan club
who will fill gauthier's hole?

Old
03-07-2012, 12:38 PM
Halifaxhab*

What was the point of that article?

He's complaining about getting information from an NHL Team?

Let's be brutally honest here. PGGM, well, he should be fired, he's made some questionable moves to be nice. But really...gonzo at the end of the year.

But his "cone of silence" if you will came about for a good reason (I think). Because the media is f' N crazy! They sniff around and try to find any kind of morsel that can be framed as "news" then proceed to blow it out of proportion.

I can't blame PGGM for not wanting that crap hanging around his team. Even taking the brunt of the heat from the press.

These kinds of articles are personal attacks and have no buisiness being published. They aren't giving the fans any facts or relevant details. Just personal grudges. Even Red Fisher dislikes this tactic bt he's able to write a daily article on the Habs without resorting to this crud every other day.

Should Gauthier be fired...YES. But not because he doesn't talk to the press. But because his job as GM has been substandard.

Halifaxhab* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:54 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
But as far as THIS fight that Tremblay is trying to have, we HAVE to let him do it. Whether his purpose is the good one, we shouldn't care. Gauthier and Co HAVE to go. And Molson needs to realize it. Let's hope he already have. If not, we are in deeper trouble than we have never been. 'Cause that's the guy who actually owns the freakin team. You can replace a president, much tougher to replace the owner....
If G.Molson needs Tremblay to help him figure out he needs to change management, then we are in deep doodoo.
Tremblay is doing nothing than his usual rant. Unless we hire the guys he actually wants there, then he'll whine some more eventually. And even if we hire a guy he does like, it'll only be a matter of time before he goes on a rant again.

The guy is a writer, drama is all he knows.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote