HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Panthers Lounge the 4th

Old
02-20-2012, 04:48 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
He's a one year old male Panther Chameleon. We're still trying to come up with a name for him. His coloring is amazing (especially in day light). He has really bright orange around his eyes, and we've seen him turn a beautiful blue/teal in the light, and dark read in the shade. It has been hours of just watching him.

He'll be going to our new store once we finish with the construction.

So cool! Just moved in my new house, and you may have just given me an idea for our first pet. All pets that will be in my house will be in a cage or bowl, not big on indoor cats/dogs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10
Wooot. Just had a job interview and they hired me on the spot. **** yeah!
Congrats man! Great feeling right there, getting hired. I just did a couple years of shody low paying jobs trying to gain experience to work in the arenas. Finally got the job and its so rewarding now. All the best in your new journey!

PantherboyHTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 05:11 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boooooth10 View Post
Congrats man! That's what happened to me with my job. I don't think I realized it until I got home and realized that I now actually had someplace to go on Monday morning.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 05:58 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Quote:

Awesome!!

Lola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 06:30 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Those chameleons are pretty cool creatures. Independent eyes and you can never tell where they're looking, watching them fly that tongue toward an insect is crazy, they're skin tones, etc. But, man, they're really sensitive and not easy to keep alive. Best of luck, they're really fun.

B10..congrats! Good for you.

02-20-2012, 06:53 PM
Boooooth10

Thanks guys

Nice chameleon, Lola. Do you own a petstore? How much do chameleons usually go for?

Boooooth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-20-2012, 08:55 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Quote:
Thanks guys

Nice chameleon, Lola. Do you own a petstore? How much do chameleons usually go for?
congrats on the great news man hope you like the job!

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 07:38 AM
Lola
Future Panthers

Quote:
Thanks guys

Nope, we have an ecig store. We paid about $500 for him. The petstore we buy our stuff from (we have geckos and a mouse) special ordered him in for us. They have a couple of Veiled Chameleons, but we wanted one with colors.

The whole setup, including the Chameleon (cage, heating rock, three different bulbs, mister, vines/plants, supplements, etc) cost around $1000. We feed him large crickets (about a dozen per day), and mealworms (2-3 per day). The crickets and mealworms are gut-loaded.

I put a poll up on our Facebook Fan page for the customers to name him. So far "Puff the Magic Dragon" is winning. I like "Darth Vapor" and "Vapin' Valdemar"...but I agreed to allowing the customers name him.

Old
02-21-2012, 12:22 PM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

vCash: 50
Quote:

Awesome man. I had planned on going to work since I graduated 3 months ago already and my military service begins at July, but I've been on constant standby to help my sister who is waiting for her 3rd child.

Also, my 11 months of being a bachelor came to an end last month as my ex's former BFF (they haven't spoken in 4 years because of a stupid argument, and I'm not trying to get back at her if someone is wondering- I'm still good friends with my ex) asked me out and subsequently we are now in a relationship.

And since we are talking about pets:

My sweet princess, passed away on my arms Autumn -09 at the age of 14.

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 05:33 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Send a message via Yahoo to pb1300
Damn, I didnt know Steeger could sing THAT good!

Sorry to hear about your kitty Soupy. I have three, and lost one years ago, so I know how you feel.

That is Martha. She is the first of the three, the oldest. She is Greek. My mother actually killed one of our cockatiels in 2005 (she stepped on it), and when my aunt in Greece found out about it, and how upset my mother was, she gave her Martha, who was a kitten at the time. My parents couldnt leave her, so she has been with them/us since 2005, flying back and forth from the States and Greece, before my parents moved here in in 2010.

She is also a B!@$H. We have a cat door installed on both houses in the village, but she will wait by the door and cry until someone opens it. Her nickname is The Queen, because she acts like one.

That is Sophie She is an Abyssinian cat, and she is nuts. She weighs a couple of pounds, but eats like I do. She is the fastest cat I have ever seen. Her two back feet move simultaneously, like race horses, and she flies when she runs. She is very social, and likes to show off when there are a lot of people at the house. Loves to bring birds into the house as well.

And that is my boy, my dude, Blaque (Blacky). He is the ONLY good thing that came out of my last relationship in the States. He followed my GF, at the time, home from her car, and she just couldnt leave him outside. Once I saw him, I knew he had to come home with me. He was the only thing that kept me sane for most of the year I was in Greece alone, before my parents made the move. Unfortunately for him, since I live in an apartment, he didnt have much to do, so he ate, alot. By the time I brought him up to the village, he was 20 pounds. He has lost a lot of weight, but he is still big. He is built thick, and he is more muscle than fat. I love him to death.

He is a major PU@#Y though. As soon as company shows up to the house, he runs like he stole something. He will not come out of hiding until everyone is gone. He loves to play with us though. I will get off of the couch, and he will run after me, jump on my leg and hold on while I walk. The only issue there is he has some serious nails, and they cut like razors.

The good thing about them being in the village is that they get to be free. They go to neighbors houses and hang out there, go out at night, and arent confided to the inside all the time. They love hanging out around the fireplace with my parents, and they all sleep together.

pb1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-21-2012, 08:32 PM
jol

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupyFIN View Post
[IMG]I had planned on going to work since I graduated 3 months ago already and my military service begins at July, but I've been on constant standby to help my sister who is waiting for her 3rd child.
What will be your service place? Air raid defense is/was best place

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-22-2012, 08:22 AM
SoupyFIN
Lu ♥

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jol View Post
What will be your service place? Air raid defense is/was best place
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Artille...innish_Army%29

I don't have any plans to proceed a military career, and since it's a compulsory 6 month service- I just picked the closest one to my home.

SoupyFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 03:34 PM
p9ers

I was wondering something going around the boards. Why are there so many Panthers fan from outside Florida? There are Finns, Greeks, Canadian, etc. Really curious.

p9ers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 03:37 PM
Panthers Rock
Slumpin' Like A Soph

Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Quote:
Originally Posted by p9ers View Post
I was wondering something going around the boards. Why are there so many Panthers fan from outside Florida? There are Finns, Greeks, Canadian, etc. Really curious.
My first guess would be at one point they were following a fellow countryman. I can totally understand Finnish fans, we had Jokinen, Peltonen and the amazing all-star Ville Koistinen (I kid, I kid).

Others have said they simply loved the jersey, the team's history, makeup, etc. Most of them are just gluttons for punishment though.

Jonathan Huberdeau: 2013 Calder Trophy Winner
Panthers Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 07:37 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by p9ers View Post
Ive only been in Greece since 2008. Before that, I was a season seat owner for nine years, and depending on what goes on here the next couple of years, I might just return to South Florida, and resume being a season seat holder.

Old
02-29-2012, 10:46 AM
billysbreakdown

vCash: 235
My aunt lives in Miami so I became a Panthers fan after my first BAC visit when I was 12. I'm now 21.

Hey pb, how's Greece in the everyday life nowadays?
What made you move?
Do you speak their language?

just curious

billysbreakdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 11:38 AM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLA View Post
My aunt lives in Miami so I became a Panthers fan after my first BAC visit when I was 12. I'm now 21.

Hey pb, how's Greece in the everyday life nowadays?
Everyday life is awesome, as long as you have a job, and some money in your pocket, which is kind of rare now Monthly, I make a quarter of what I made in the States, but I have more free time. I work Mon-Sat, off Wed, 830am-230pm, and go back in from 530pm-9pm on Tue, Thur, and Fri only. Im starting to do some computer repair stuff on the side, so im not doing terrible here.

Of course things are tough now because of the economy. They are slashes wages, adding taxes, and its really taking a toll on the people. They just added a new tax to our electric bill, that will be charged once a year, and its a fee multiplied by the amount of square footage you have in your home. My apartment is 60 square meters, so my tax was 200 euros. With our three homes, and including the electricity we used, our bill for two months (since we are billed bi-monthly) was 1100 euros. Its tough right now, but if we can ride this wave, Greece should make it out alright.

The winter sucks here, since its cold, and Im not use to it, but the summers rule! The women are insane here, just unbelievable! Im a water person, so my flexible work schedule allows me to go to the beach with my friends quite often. Every night of the week in the summer, the bars/clubs are packed, and its a beautiful thing to see. I have my high speed internet, my starship enterprise as my cousin would say, a car, bike, so Im set up nicely here. I would like to make a bit more money per month, but Im working on some things, so hopefully that will happen in the future.

Quote:
What made you move?
Ive been coming here almost every summer since I was born (im 33 now). When I didnt come here, and only my parents did, I would live in S Florida alone for five months, and I loved it. But when my parents came back, it sucked. I ended up losing my job, and since we had an apartment that was ours here, as well as a couple other homes, I decided to make a change in my life. I am an only child, so everything is mine. I get to live in my apartment, ALONE, and my parents live 20 minutes away in our other home in a village. I get the freedom that I never had in the States.

This is the starship enterprise (stuff has been rearranged since then though):

And this is my living room, with a pretty decent view:

This was a couple of weeks ago, when it snowed here for the first time in seven years:

Quote:
Do you speak their language?
I was born in Brooklyn, NY, and lived their until I was 8. I went to Greek school there, so I learned from an early age. I lost a lot of it growing up because my dad never spoke to me in Greek, but I have gotten a lot of it back, on my own basically.

Last edited by Acadmus: 03-08-2012 at 05:02 AM. Reason: took the politics out of his post
Old
02-29-2012, 12:28 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

PB: I am green with envy! Beautiful country. I would love to go there one day.

We homeschool, and in the next couple of months we'll be studying ancient Greece. My boys are really excited about it...unfortunately for them, we're still finishing up ancient Egypt.

Old
02-29-2012, 02:05 PM
pb1300
BLEED RED

Quote:
PB: I am green with envy! Beautiful country. I would love to go there one day.

We homeschool, and in the next couple of months we'll be studying ancient Greece. My boys are really excited about it...unfortunately for them, we're still finishing up ancient Egypt.
Well anytime you decide to visit, I can be your tour guide. In fact, if anyone ever decides to visit, let me know.

Old
03-07-2012, 11:22 AM
Lola
Future Panthers

Our Panther Chameleon died some time last night. Woke up this morning to him dead at the bottom of his cage. We are devastated. He was just starting to warm up to us too. On Sunday when Scott went to feed him, he crawled right on to his arm. We are in talks with the pet store we bought him from. No one knows what happened. We did everything right according to the guy at the store. He's calling the breeder to see if he can shed some light on the health of our guy.

I'm pissed and sad. Regardless of the financial loss, my family has been crying all morning.

Old
03-07-2012, 11:43 AM
angry_treefrog
T63813A

Quote:
Our Panther Chameleon died some time last night. Woke up this morning to him dead at the bottom of his cage. We are devastated. He was just starting to warm up to us too. On Sunday when Scott went to feed him, he crawled right on to his arm. We are in talks with the pet store we bought him from. No one knows what happened. We did everything right according to the guy at the store. He's calling the breeder to see if he can shed some light on the health of our guy.

I'm pissed and sad. Regardless of the financial loss, my family has been crying all morning.
That sucks.

Your kids must be pretty upset.

angry_treefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:05 PM
Laus723
Future Now

Quote:

Sorry Lola. Those little guys are just insanely sensitive. Even minute changes in their captive environment can be detrimental. Hope the pet store allows you to receive a new a one.

Poor kiddos, love those guys.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:43 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:

Sorry for your loss.

Pets are amazing. I had a cat for 22 yrs and three yrs later still miss him...

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 08:02 PM
Lola
Future Panthers

Pet store is replacing him for us. The breeder tried to say that we must have had the wrong type of habitat for him. Unfortunately for the breeder, the pet store set up the habitat for us, so the breeder quickly back-peddled on that idea.

It will take a couple of weeks, but we'll have a replacement.

Laus, the Panthers are the heartiest of the chameleons to keep in captivity. That's one of the reasons we went for that one (aside from the fact he's a Panther ).

Old
03-13-2012, 11:48 AM
billysbreakdown

vCash: 235
Does anyone have an opinion on chiropractic?
I have really bad pain in neck, shoulders and lumbar and I've had it for a long time.
I cannot stand it anymore and I gotta get it done.

I just came from a chripractic meet, and his treatment did good (so far, just two hours ago I was there), but I keep reading and hearing bad stuff about this treatment.

What's your opinion? Is there a better treatment? I keep hearing about osteopath being good.

billysbreakdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-13-2012, 11:53 AM
LUUUUUIS
Bandwagoneer

I've had good experiences with chiropractic treatment. Just know when to stop going. Most Chiropractic offices will try to keep you going to them long after you're healed.

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote