HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2012/2013 Providence Bruins Thread II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-05-2012, 06:38 PM
  #126
BruinsHockey
Registered User
 
BruinsHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Rhode Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,196
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins1726 View Post
Where do I go to watch highlights of the bridgeport game? I can't find anything
ahllive.com

free highlights

scroll down to the game

BruinsHockey is offline  
Old
03-05-2012, 10:17 PM
  #127
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards
 
GarbageGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,076
vCash: 500
Charlotte has loaned Jared Staal to Providence.

GarbageGoal is offline  
Old
03-05-2012, 11:11 PM
  #128
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin
 
MillerTime 86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: On a Rock
Country: United States
Posts: 1,934
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
Charlotte has loaned Jared Staal to Providence.
Looks like Staal has had minimal production in Charlotte this season .... He'll fit in perfect in Providence

Canes organization likely hoping that a change of scenery will bring out more Stall-esque numbers from the kid ... Wake-up call ...

MillerTime 86 is offline  
Old
03-06-2012, 01:07 PM
  #129
UConn126
Bass Player.
 
UConn126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: West Hartford, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 3,678
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
Charlotte has loaned Jared Staal to Providence.
If he performs well in Providence, I wonder if Chia would consider end up making a trade for him. The other Staal's are solid players, I wouldn't mind having one in the Bruins organization.

Then again, if he does perform well in Providence, I see no reason for the Canes to want to trade him.

UConn126 is offline  
Old
03-06-2012, 01:50 PM
  #130
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards
 
GarbageGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,076
vCash: 500
When they handed out talent in that family, Jared was holding the door.

GarbageGoal is offline  
Old
03-06-2012, 02:45 PM
  #131
Artemis
Took the red pill
 
Artemis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Mount Olympus
Country: United States
Posts: 18,705
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
When they handed out talent in that family, Jared was holding the door.
Poor kid, can you imagine what it's like to be the youngest in that family? I thought it was tough because my older brother got straight A's.

Artemis is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 02:03 AM
  #132
MillerTime 86
So Long Tyler SeQuin
 
MillerTime 86's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: On a Rock
Country: United States
Posts: 1,934
vCash: 500
Providence Bruins injury updates
Comments 0 | Recommend 0
March 6, 2012 1:06 pm
By Mark Divver

Here's where the six injured Providence Bruins players stand as of mid-day today:

Anton Khudobin is expected to be reevaluated later this week after he has the cast removed from his left wrist.

Matt Bartkowski is expected to undergo minor surgery to clean up cartilage in his knee.

"He won't play again for us this year unless he has a really quick recovery,'' said coach Butch Cassidy.

Kevan Miller, who is recovering from a mild concussion, was on the ice this morning.

"He's skating. He's been working out. I suspect, barring setbacks this week, he'll play on Friday,'' said Cassidy.

Carter Camper, who took a blow to the head on Friday, was at The Dunk today, but didn't skate. He won't play this weekend, Cassidy said.

Bobby Robins might skate on Wednesday for the first time since he aggravated a groin/hip injury two weekends ago.

Stefan Chaput is still rehabbing from hip surgery. He's not likely to play again this season.

MillerTime 86 is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 12:23 PM
  #133
Fire Julien
Registered User
 
Fire Julien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 18,235
vCash: 500
P-Bruins sign Bobby Farnham

Fire Julien is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 12:38 PM
  #134
MioneRask134
Registered User
 
MioneRask134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hogwarts-617
Country: United States
Posts: 11,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss The Ring View Post
P-Bruins sign Bobby Farnham
any relation to Buddy Farnham who had a stint with the Patriots?

MioneRask134 is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 12:51 PM
  #135
Fire Julien
Registered User
 
Fire Julien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bergen
Country: Norway
Posts: 18,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mione134 View Post
any relation to Buddy Farnham who had a stint with the Patriots?
He's his cousin

Fire Julien is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 07:12 PM
  #136
SanDogBrewin
Righteous bucks!
 
SanDogBrewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Baja Cali
Country: Ireland
Posts: 7,715
vCash: 500
http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=621073

Looks like Sauve might actually get to play in Boston if Paille or Pouliot can't go tomorrow.

SanDogBrewin is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 09:17 AM
  #137
twominute
Registered User
 
twominute's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Washington, dc
Country: United States
Posts: 644
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss The Ring View Post
P-Bruins sign Bobby Farnham
lots of Farnham's in and around Andover/N Andover. All good athletes. Good luck to him.

twominute is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 09:45 AM
  #138
ODAAT
Registered User
 
ODAAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,299
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler SeQuin View Post
Providence Bruins injury updates
Comments 0 | Recommend 0
March 6, 2012 1:06 pm
By Mark Divver

Here's where the six injured Providence Bruins players stand as of mid-day today:

Anton Khudobin is expected to be reevaluated later this week after he has the cast removed from his left wrist.

Matt Bartkowski is expected to undergo minor surgery to clean up cartilage in his knee.

"He won't play again for us this year unless he has a really quick recovery,'' said coach Butch Cassidy.

Kevan Miller, who is recovering from a mild concussion, was on the ice this morning.

"He's skating. He's been working out. I suspect, barring setbacks this week, he'll play on Friday,'' said Cassidy.

Carter Camper, who took a blow to the head on Friday, was at The Dunk today, but didn't skate. He won't play this weekend, Cassidy said.

Bobby Robins might skate on Wednesday for the first time since he aggravated a groin/hip injury two weekends ago.

Stefan Chaput is still rehabbing from hip surgery. He's not likely to play again this season.
Geez, I had no idea that the PB`s were that banged up too, organizational M.A.S.H unit

ODAAT is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 01:06 PM
  #139
MioneRask134
Registered User
 
MioneRask134's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hogwarts-617
Country: United States
Posts: 11,001
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss The Ring View Post
He's his cousin
Oh cool.

MioneRask134 is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 09:31 AM
  #140
DaaaaB's
Registered User
 
DaaaaB's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,269
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss The Ring View Post
P-Bruins sign Bobby Farnham
Hopefully he's tough and gritty because going by his NCAA stats he doesn't have much offense to his game.

DaaaaB's is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 10:52 PM
  #141
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards
 
GarbageGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,076
vCash: 500
Bruins were okay tonight, but lost in the shootout. Skated hard the first 2 periods with an early lead, then just laid back and played safe against a good team. Staal had an assist on a great effort charging hard to the net on a breakaway and the opposing goalie let the rebound shot in. Farnham looks like a typical all heart, short on talent kinda kid. Hutch looked damn good, both goals were hard luck situations, one with a pile in front of the net that got pushed over the line and one that went over his shoulder and down his back. Providence couldn't buy a SO goal to save their lives.

GarbageGoal is offline  
Old
03-10-2012, 09:09 AM
  #142
BruinsHockey
Registered User
 
BruinsHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Rhode Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,196
vCash: 500
I put the shootout on youtube.

Part 1 is just one shooter I always forget to let it just run the first time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HReij...ature=youtu.be

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTT2J...ature=youtu.be

BruinsHockey is offline  
Old
03-10-2012, 09:24 AM
  #143
DKH
Registered User
 
DKH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 28,505
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarbageGoal View Post
Bruins were okay tonight, but lost in the shootout. Skated hard the first 2 periods with an early lead, then just laid back and played safe against a good team. Staal had an assist on a great effort charging hard to the net on a breakaway and the opposing goalie let the rebound shot in. Farnham looks like a typical all heart, short on talent kinda kid. Hutch looked damn good, both goals were hard luck situations, one with a pile in front of the net that got pushed over the line and one that went over his shoulder and down his back. Providence couldn't buy a SO goal to save their lives.
always enjoy your reviews

I went and thought Hutch looked like an NHL goalie...really, he was pretty solid back there and although he wasn't making all these spectacular saves he came across as big, and in control. I was impressed.

I thought Warsofsky shows great poise- I know he is somewhat undersized, and was on the ice for both Penguins goals, but I keyed on him and his decision making is pretty good. He's got NHL offensive skills- I'd even say not only above average but maybe top 25%.

He also hangs in there well, clearly has balls- and if all the changes go thru from softening the padding, icing changes, red line back in, all the stuff to 'slow the speed limit down' (which I think is good, guys will still fly on breakaways in offensive zone etc) I think Warsofsky is going to make it and be good.

I love him on the power play.

DKH is offline  
Old
03-10-2012, 11:15 AM
  #144
nycbruins*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 4,933
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
always enjoy your reviews

I went and thought Hutch looked like an NHL goalie...really, he was pretty solid back there and although he wasn't making all these spectacular saves he came across as big, and in control. I was impressed.

I thought Warsofsky shows great poise- I know he is somewhat undersized, and was on the ice for both Penguins goals, but I keyed on him and his decision making is pretty good. He's got NHL offensive skills- I'd even say not only above average but maybe top 25%.

He also hangs in there well, clearly has balls- and if all the changes go thru from softening the padding, icing changes, red line back in, all the stuff to 'slow the speed limit down' (which I think is good, guys will still fly on breakaways in offensive zone etc) I think Warsofsky is going to make it and be good.

I love him on the power play.
Can Warsofsky be the 4th line LW and PP point specialist?

I know it wouldn't be fair to him this young to do that, but man, it would be sweet to have a PP point specialist without watching him struggle and lose confidence and get benched too often.

nycbruins* is offline  
Old
03-10-2012, 03:55 PM
  #145
spokedB24
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3
vCash: 500
Does anyone know whether Nick Tremblay or Justin Florek are likely to be seen in Providence down the stretch now that their senior years have essentially ended? Tremblay might be a nice injection of speed into the lineup. I suppose there's a good chance Tommy Cross will likely be playing for BC too late to get into any games with Providence.

spokedB24 is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 09:22 AM
  #146
IceCapsFanNL
Registered User
 
IceCapsFanNL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 995
vCash: 500
Good job B's. Way to beat the Chiefs.... Oops Sharks

IceCapsFanNL is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 04:02 PM
  #147
BruinsHockey
Registered User
 
BruinsHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Rhode Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,196
vCash: 500
Starting Goalies:

PRO- Michael Hutchinson
POR- Peter Mannino

BruinsHockey is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 04:18 PM
  #148
BruinsHockey
Registered User
 
BruinsHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Rhode Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,196
vCash: 500
Portland Goal:

Andy Miele (it was a delayed penalty)

(1-0)

BruinsHockey is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 04:23 PM
  #149
BruinsHockey
Registered User
 
BruinsHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Rhode Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,196
vCash: 500
PROVIDENCE GOAL:

#10 Kyle MacKinnon PP (MacDonald and Bodnarchuk)

(1-1)

BruinsHockey is offline  
Old
03-11-2012, 04:25 PM
  #150
BruinsHockey
Registered User
 
BruinsHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Rhode Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,196
vCash: 500
Portland Goal:

Jordan Szwarz

(2-1)

BruinsHockey is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.