HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils beat Rangers 4-1

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-07-2012, 11:15 AM
  #401
BrodeurRULES
RIP Lokomotiv
 
BrodeurRULES's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 22,698
vCash: 500
O this should be filled with laughs. Its time for Sam and Joe replay of the game.

There is no Lundy post game comments?


Last edited by BrodeurRULES: 03-07-2012 at 11:21 AM.
BrodeurRULES is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 11:25 AM
  #402
Drewr15
Registered User
 
Drewr15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New Milford, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 5,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
Josefson was fantastic last night. More of that.
Indeed. You can see his confidence building game by game.

Drewr15 is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 11:26 AM
  #403
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
Not sure what my favorite post on the Ranger board is.

There's the one calling out Deboer for saying it was an important two points. The Devils are the NHL's farm system was pretty good too.

I think my favorite is "Devil fans shouldn't about overrated goalies" with a close second being "Go back to your own board and complain about pad sizes."

apice3* is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 11:29 AM
  #404
NJDevs26
Moderator
No more status quo?!
 
NJDevs26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 29,509
vCash: 50
When Lundqvist went to the bench at one point after making a save, my joke was he must have sprung a leak in his pads and was filling it with air.

NJDevs26 is online now  
Old
03-07-2012, 11:31 AM
  #405
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
The Rangers played with 6 guys for a solid 10-15 seconds before any referee realized it.

I've never felt so helpless, trying to alert the referees from section 118.

apice3* is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 11:33 AM
  #406
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,879
vCash: 500
Was looking around trying to find Rangers post game reports and found this:

http://www.blueshirtbanter.com/2012/...-jersey-devils

What a horrid, horrid piece of writing. Not saying this to bash Rangers fans or anything, that writer is just terrible. Grammatical mistakes all over, using future tense to talk about the past and absolutely terrible flow. Felt like I was reading a computer generated highlights texts.

My personal favorites:

Quote:
With just under five minutes remaining, Marian Gaborik was called for slashing. However, after showing the replay, Gaborik never actually didn't slash the stick, but instead got all ice.
1) Only after showing the replay did Gaborik never actually slash - Like wtf does this even mean? Should be "After seeing the replay,"
2) Gaborik never actually didn't slash the stick? So you mean, he did slash the stick? Double negatives, brag.

Quote:
It send the Devils to yet another power play, but the Rangers were able to kill it off.
it send! c'mon!

Quote:
Stu Bickel would make a terrible decision and turned the puck over the David Clarkson.
Future/Past tense used in same sentence..

I mean c'mon, if you're going to imitate actual writers on sportsnations blogs.. at least learn how to write properly.

DevilChuk* is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 11:36 AM
  #407
Drewr15
Registered User
 
Drewr15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New Milford, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 5,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Not sure what my favorite post on the Ranger board is.

There's the one calling out Deboer for saying it was an important two points. The Devils are the NHL's farm system was pretty good too.

I think my favorite is "Devil fans shouldn't about overrated goalies" with a close second being "Go back to your own board and complain about pad sizes."
Ha ha...the Ranger fans next to us were telling us how much greater Lundqvist was than Marty. My uncle was arguing with them and finally I just said your right, I think Hank won a playoff series once or twice, pretty amazing. Not many NHL goalies have done that. True greatness. The guy is a great goalie and has been playing excellent this year but they just take it way to far.

Drewr15 is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 11:37 AM
  #408
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
we drafted a goalie?
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 50,400
vCash: 369
First off, slashing can be called merely for making the gesture, not actually making contact.

Secondly, he indeed did commit a slash, but because it missed the players hand and came down hard on the ice it ended up in a trip, not a slash.

If they want to complain, moan about the incorrect call - it should have been a trip.

__________________

Q: How do you think the unthinkable?
A: With an itheberg.
Richer's Ghost is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 11:40 AM
  #409
apice3*
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Middletown, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 18,520
vCash: 500
I'm not sure what drew just said in his post, but it gave me the idea to get really ignorant when Ranger fans talk about Parise going to NY.

I'm just going to talk about how Lundqvist is a 2012 free agent and how the Devils are going to sign him to replace Brodeur.

apice3* is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 11:44 AM
  #410
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
First off, slashing can be called merely for making the gesture, not actually making contact.

Secondly, he indeed did commit a slash, but because it missed the players hand and came down hard on the ice it ended up in a trip, not a slash.

If they want to complain, moan about the incorrect call - it should have been a trip.
Content aside, I was just bashing the guy for being a terrible writer.

I mean, I write for my school's newspaper and its really not the hardest thing in the world to put together an interesting, composed, grammatically correct article of that length.

DevilChuk* is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 11:45 AM
  #411
Getzo5
The Punisher
 
Getzo5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Presov, SVK
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 21,973
vCash: 500
You don`t have to act apologetic in any way for bashing that guy. If he`s American, I have some really sad news for him. My grammar is better than his.
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
I'm not sure what drew just said in his post, but it gave me the idea to get really ignorant when Ranger fans talk about Parise going to NY.

I'm just going to talk about how Lundqvist is a 2012 free agent and how the Devils are going to sign him to replace Brodeur.
If you want to live with wolves, you have to howl with them.

Getzo5 is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 11:46 AM
  #412
Drewr15
Registered User
 
Drewr15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New Milford, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 5,907
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
I'm not sure what drew just said in his post, but it gave me the idea to get really ignorant when Ranger fans talk about Parise going to NY.

I'm just going to talk about how Lundqvist is a 2012 free agent and how the Devils are going to sign him to replace Brodeur.
Glad I could be your inspiration. Sounds like a great plan!

Drewr15 is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 11:47 AM
  #413
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
we drafted a goalie?
 
Richer's Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: photoshop labor camp
Country: United States
Posts: 50,400
vCash: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
Content aside, I was just bashing the guy for being a terrible writer.

I mean, I write for my school's newspaper and its really not the hardest thing in the world to put together an interesting, composed, grammatically correct article of that length.
Oh I know, but I found his "opinion" to be laughable considering he took the time to watch the play again in slow motion and refute the technical slash, while ignoring there was still an infraction.

He doesn't know how to write,
he doesn't know the rules,
he doesn't know a penalty when he sees one.

Trifailure

Richer's Ghost is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 11:49 AM
  #414
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richer's Ghost View Post
Oh I know, but I found his "opinion" to be laughable considering he took the time to watch the play again in slow motion and refute the technical slash, while ignoring there was still an infraction.

He doesn't know how to write,
he doesn't know the rules,
he doesn't know a penalty when he sees one.

Trifailure
You missed one..

He's also a Rangers fan.

Quadfailure

DevilChuk* is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 11:52 AM
  #415
ILikeItVeryMuch*
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 36,073
vCash: 500
They mad.

They scared.

ILikeItVeryMuch* is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 11:53 AM
  #416
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,512
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilChuk View Post
Really want Zajac (and Poni) back..

This team is going to be a force if they both come back fully healthy by the start of the playoffs.
Ya, the forward depth will be insane, especially if Josefson is starting on a hot streak now. He and Carter were a very capable third line last night, now imagine them making up our fourth line.

Parise-Henrique-Kovalchuk
Zubrus-Elias-Sykora
Ponikarovsky-Zajac-Clarkson
Carter-Josefson-Bernier

That is very deep. If Marty and the defence have their act together, that will be a dangerous team in the playoffs.

Saugus is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 11:56 AM
  #417
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Ya, the forward depth will be insane, especially if Josefson is starting on a hot streak now. He and Carter were a very capable third line last night, now imagine them making up our fourth line.

Parise-Henrique-Kovalchuk
Zubrus-Elias-Sykora
Ponikarovsky-Zajac-Clarkson
Carter-Josefson-Bernier

That is very deep. If Marty and the defence have their act together, that will be a dangerous team in the playoffs.
That's pretty awesome lineup.

I love Parise and Kovalchuk playing together.. but I can't help but think about how much more of a balanced threat we'd have separating the two. You don't do it unless they hit a wall as a line towards the end of the season though.

Parise- Zajac -Henrique
Kovalchuk - Elias - Sykora
Ponikarovsky - Zubrus - Clarkson
Carter - Josefson - Bernier

I play those top 3 lines against any opponent line..

DevilChuk* is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 11:59 AM
  #418
GM17*
ALL HAIL LORD FISH
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,939
vCash: 500
Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice
·More
Carter said Dubinsky never hit him with any of his punches so if he injured his hand it must have been from grabbing his jersey.

haha

GM17* is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 12:00 PM
  #419
njdevsfn95
Help JJJ, Sprite.
 
njdevsfn95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 30,375
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
The Rangers played with 6 guys for a solid 10-15 seconds before any referee realized it.

I've never felt so helpless, trying to alert the referees from section 118.
It happened TWICE in the game and I was going insane....from section 230 so I know that feel

njdevsfn95 is online now  
Old
03-07-2012, 12:03 PM
  #420
DevilChuk*
(not that -chuk)
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 7,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice
·More
Carter said Dubinsky never hit him with any of his punches so if he injured his hand it must have been from grabbing his jersey.

haha


I love Carter.

Thank you Florida!

DevilChuk* is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 12:16 PM
  #421
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!
 
Saugus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 97,512
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice
·More
Carter said Dubinsky never hit him with any of his punches so if he injured his hand it must have been from grabbing his jersey.

haha
The irony of this situation is delicious. Dubinsky calls out Clarkson for fighting guys that don't usually fight. And then, presumably to show how tough he is, Dubinsky fights Carter... a guy who doesn't usually fight. And he gets his clock cleaned. To add to the embarrassment, he injures himself somehow, and now Carter is chirping him for it.

Gotta love this rivalry.

Saugus is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 12:16 PM
  #422
Devilswede
Registered User
 
Devilswede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Country: Bosnia and Herzegovina
Posts: 11,582
vCash: 500
Now that's the kind of result and effort I expect from this team. When you play like that the wins will follow.

I never have any issues with losses like the one vs Vancouver, but the way we lost to teams like Tampa Bay and Islanders piss me off, when the team just doesn't show up to play.

I hope this game was a turning point. The return of Ponikarovsky won't hurt either.

Devilswede is online now  
Old
03-07-2012, 12:17 PM
  #423
cj225
Work in Progress...
 
cj225's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 28,083
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cj225
Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
I never understood the point of paying for a hockey ticket, and then spending half the game on the food line or in the bathroom.

I never get up during the game. Ever. Hell, half the time I don't even get up during the intermissions.
Me either! I always try and time my food/bathroom runs at key times. The TV commercials are great for those purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
I'm not sure what drew just said in his post, but it gave me the idea to get really ignorant when Ranger fans talk about Parise going to NY.

I'm just going to talk about how Lundqvist is a 2012 free agent and how the Devils are going to sign him to replace Brodeur.
I just thanked them for their money last night so we could re-sign Parise.

cj225 is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 12:22 PM
  #424
Wingman77
Glory Days
 
Wingman77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 18,689
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Pappagiorgio View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Pappagiorgio View Post
awesome


Quote:
Originally Posted by GM17 View Post
Tom Gulitti @TGfireandice
·More
Carter said Dubinsky never hit him with any of his punches so if he injured his hand it must have been from grabbing his jersey.

haha


Dub1tchky

Wingman77 is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 12:22 PM
  #425
Bleedred
Bring back Sallinder
 
Bleedred's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Sign Sally and Tally
Country: United States
Posts: 40,182
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilswede View Post
Now that's the kind of result and effort I expect from this team. When you play like that the wins will follow.

I never have any issues with losses like the one vs Vancouver, but the way we lost to teams like Tampa Bay and Islanders piss me off, when the team just doesn't show up to play.

I hope this game was a turning point. The return of Ponikarovsky won't hurt either.
I do too. The Rangers are saying they didn't show up to play, and the game was riddled with mistakes though!

Far too many times do the teams playing the Devils make mistakes, and the Devils don't capitalize. Once I noticed it during the Vancouver game. At one point in the 2nd I believe there was a loose puck right in the Devils zone. Both teams were in no rush to get it. It was like it was invisible.

The Islanders are a good team, BUT. They have a like a point per game or less. How do all these other teams beat them, and a good team like the Devils can't? I expect the Devils to play this game, and not take them seriously, because they see 13 next to their name, and only took the Rangers seriously, because they see 1 next to their name.

Bleedred is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:22 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.