HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#65|Mar. 6, 2012|Red Wings at Flyers|7:00 p.m. ET

Old
03-07-2012, 11:37 AM
PJStock*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
he looked like such a panzy afterwards when the Flyers were chirping him to drop the gloves. reminded me of an 8 year old in the schoolyard pleading his case to a kid that's about to shut him up
Look at the Briere hit too. Same thing, Schenn engages, Kronwall looks down at the ground and avoids eye contact. He's just as, if not more dirty than Cooke, but he seemingly does everything within the present obselete rules, which makes him even more dangerous.

PJStock* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 11:39 AM
BillDineen

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
even Giroux hates Carle

http://www.twitvid.com/P6ALZ
This made me laugh.

BillDineen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 11:42 AM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJStock View Post
Look at the Briere hit too. Same thing, Schenn engages, Kronwall looks down at the ground and avoids eye contact. He's just as, if not more dirty than Cooke, but he seemingly does everything within the present obselete rules, which makes him even more dangerous.
There's no reason to fight after a clean hit. I forget what the Briere hit looked like but he shouldn't have to fight after the Voracek hit. I understand that they were upset one of their guys went down, but make him pay by laying a heavy hit on him. Don't fight after a clean hit. I did like the energy we got from it though.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 11:43 AM
AaronTrieu

tough to swallow when you see your own player go down. If you put the shoe on the other foot, it was a beautiful hit. Jake has to keep his head up. I'm gonna say the same thing when players turn their back and goes head first into the wall. You have to be accountable for your own actions and start protecting yourself the league does a crap job of it anyways.

I'm more pissed that Jake pretty much skated into his shoulder. Kornhole is a puke and he head hunts so you have to know when he is on the ice and will bait you into thinking he is backing off. I think it was clean hit, but dirty because it didn't HAVE to be that way. The flyers mucked it up a little bit, but we got them back on the scoreboard.

AaronTrieu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 11:59 AM
BleedOrange
BuildThroughTheDraft

This league is a ****in joke Rinaldo gets suspended for a charge and Kronwall almost takes Voraceks head off with a hit to the head and u can say it wasnt on purpose still a blow to the head and he gets nothing Shannie is a biased ***** ...

BleedOrange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:07 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
There's no reason to fight after a clean hit. I forget what the Briere hit looked like but he shouldn't have to fight after the Voracek hit. I understand that they were upset one of their guys went down, but make him pay by laying a heavy hit on him. Don't fight after a clean hit. I did like the energy we got from it though.
I disagree. The fight diffuses the negative energy. I'm honestly surprised zetterburg didn't have to pay for kronwalls actions. Hartnell was trying to nail people after.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:09 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
This league is a ****in joke Rinaldo gets suspended for a charge and Kronwall almost takes Voraceks head off with a hit to the head and u can say it wasnt on purpose still a blow to the head and he gets nothing Shannie is a biased ***** ...
Hits to the head are not illegal. Targeted hits are. This wasn't a targeted hit.

It's hockey, not figure skating.

Old
03-07-2012, 12:13 PM
YuioIklo

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
Hits to the head are not illegal. Targeted hits are. This wasn't a targeted hit.

He could've avoided the head. Saying he COULDN'T his simply bad faith. So, to me, it is dirty and a lack of respect + dangerous. We need to make the distinction between physical hockey and dirty hockey. I know this is not figure skating, but these hits doesn't belong to the game.

YuioIklo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:22 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuioIklo View Post
He could've avoided the head. Saying he COULDN'T his simply bad faith. So, to me, it is dirty and a lack of respect + dangerous. We need to make the distinction between physical hockey and dirty hockey. I know this is not figure skating, but these hits doesn't belong to the game.
Unless he avoids the hit all together he's hitting the head. Voracek led with his head. Charging forward with his head...

And, as of today...these hits are fine in hockey (as evidenced by no suspension). It wasn't dirty.

Old
03-07-2012, 12:37 PM
TheLegendkiller

Quote:

No, if you make a big hit on a player that their team doesn't like you better answer the bell cause you have no idea what a fourth liner is or somebody gritty is going to do. You could get hit hard with retribution or somebody on your team will. You fight the guy right after and everything is done. You don't fight and everybody has to look over their shoulder for the rest of the game. One of these days somebody is going to snap and destroy Kronwall.

TheLegendkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:42 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevUpThoseFlyers View Post
Rinaldo got 2 games for a 2 minute charging penalty.

Kronwall gets nothing for putting his shoulder blade into someone's head.

This is a joke
The Rinaldo hit was a different affair: slightly late after player dished off the puck, and from opposite angle of where the play was going. IMHO, the better comparator of late was the hit on Letang. As we know, no Shanaban there, either.

One day, Kronwall will receive retaliation for these types of thunderous hits, either on the receiving end of a big hit (legal or not) or an opponent who just comes in and starts swinging. The bigger risk for Kronwall is that an opponent he's lined up sees him coming and turtles. Kronwall puts himself in a very vulnerable position moving backwards into an opponent with most of the momentum, and would flip over backwards, probably headfirst.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:49 PM
Prongo
Beer

https://twitter.com/#!/BroadStBull/s...50347667791872

Quote:
Voracek says it was a clean hit, the type that should not be outlawed. Blamed himself for having his head down. #Flyers
If the player who took the hit and got injured from it says it was legal, then it was legal.

Prongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:51 PM
RJ8812
Hellooooo ladiiiies

I've never seen Kronwall deliver just a basic hit. He always seems to throw out these predatory hits

RJ8812 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:52 PM
TOCxNJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post

LOL at this argument.

He didn't target the head? How can you even think that?

I love big hits, and I always loved when players would be nailed for not keeping their head up. But the rules have changed. You can't target someone's head. Thinking that Kronwall didn't target the head is absurd. V was looking down the whole time...Kronwall knew he was going to hit him in the head how can anyone think otherwise?

If this will be legal going forward, then I'm all for it. But shoulders to the head have been illegal for a while now and people have been suspended for less.

Again, if this means they will be consistent with these types of hits going forward, then I don't have a problem with it. That's my biggest issue with this.

TOCxNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:56 PM
Amateur Hour

Quote:

If the player who took the hit and got injured from it says it was legal, then it was legal.
/thread
/discussion

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 01:12 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOCxNJ View Post
LOL at this argument.

He didn't target the head? How can you even think that?

I love big hits, and I always loved when players would be nailed for not keeping their head up. But the rules have changed. You can't target someone's head. Thinking that Kronwall didn't target the head is absurd.
because he didn't target the head. He did nothing to specifically go after his head.

If V stands up he gets a shoulder to the chest.

Old
03-07-2012, 01:21 PM
cheesesteak

Bryz had the eye of the tiger. I liked him smacking his stick on the ice like "bring it ****ers". I thought the 1st line was better/more explosive with Schenn.

That hit was huge. I've never see one that big live. Hopefully Voracek's okay, but holy **** what a hit. Gotta be a check of the year candidate, right?

cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 01:25 PM
kudymen
4, 15, 38 and 63

Quote:

He doesn't even remember what happened

Seriously though, if Jake says that, I think I'll stop headhunting Kronwall. (very poor choice of words)

kudymen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Appleyard

I just want consistency...

Earlier in the thread I was calling for a suspension, and said, yeh, this hit was great, but against what the NHL has implemented now. People have been suspended this year for far less.

They now say so long as you hit the body, and the head, it is ok.

How do they now judge to what level contact to the body counts, as almost every head shot the player gets a lot of body as well.

I just want clarification... like a 10min video with all the circumstances of what is a suspension, and what is not.

Appleyard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 03:33 PM
tlkamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJStock View Post
And so the visor wearing coward Kronwall will continue to dish out potentially career ending hits... the guy makes me want to puke. At least man up and fight someone after the hit.
Anyone else notice that Kronwall's visor wouldn't help to protect him from a puck shot at his face? What's the purpose of even wearing a visor like that besides looking like an ass? Kinda like how Crosby wears his visor.

tlkamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 04:20 PM
Bernie Parent 1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
Bryz had the eye of the tiger. I liked him smacking his stick on the ice like "bring it ****ers".
i think he was mad @ the turnover. i like that he had emotion ... but DO NOT like that he showed it [like Mez] publicly ..... yell at them [nobody can see that], but nothing visible !! Lavi MUST sit him down, show him the video, tell Bryz that he agrees with his dislike of the turnover, but tell him that it is the COACH who must yell at the team .... TOTALLY unnaceptable to be public like that .... as bad as Mez & Briere [keep those things in the locker room, NOT public]

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Damaged Goods

Quote:

Voracek's argument isn't supported by the rulebook. You won't find the phrase "keep your head up" in it anywhere.

This isn't about Voracek anymore. It's about Kronwall's next headshot victim.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 04:45 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
Voracek's argument isn't supported by the rulebook. You won't find the phrase "keep your head up" in it anywhere.

This isn't about Voracek anymore. It's about Kronwall's next headshot victim.
Yeah. I don't get it. Beginning with the Richards-Booth hit, the NHL has actively been taking steps to do away with the mindset that it's the fault of the guy getting hit for not having his head up.

This hit takes 2 years of that, and says "eh, never mind."

03-07-2012, 04:47 PM
cheesesteak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
i think he was mad @ the turnover. i like that he had emotion ... but DO NOT like that he showed it [like Mez] publicly ..... yell at them [nobody can see that], but nothing visible !! Lavi MUST sit him down, show him the video, tell Bryz that he agrees with his dislike of the turnover, but tell him that it is the COACH who must yell at the team .... TOTALLY unnaceptable to be public like that .... as bad as Mez & Briere [keep those things in the locker room, NOT public]
Could have been. I took it more as a come on guys because he did it after a save, and the team seemed on their heels. I don't think he's trying to publicly bash the d. More of a wake up call before the game ends up tied. Personally I liked it.

Giroux slashing Carle is awesome.

cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote