HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Kings @ Predators "King's Ransom for a Win"

Old
03-07-2012, 12:46 PM
Drake744
Unregistered User

vCash: 500
I haven't read through this thread but is there anyone else out there that feels that the 6 seed may be better than the 5? I mean, I know to be careful what you wish for because anyone can beat anyone, but the thought of playing the Pacific division winner doesn't make me as afraid as a Detroit or St. Louis lurking in the first round.

Drake744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:50 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
why was my earlier post deleted? did I anger a tootoo fanboy by saying he needed to be benched?
Don't look at me. He's left alot to be desired lately. He shouldn't be the scapegoat however. The team as a whole has had bigger issues the last few games.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:52 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
I haven't read through this thread but is there anyone else out there that feels that the 6 seed may be better than the 5? I mean, I know to be careful what you wish for because anyone can beat anyone, but the thought of playing the Pacific division winner doesn't make me as afraid as a Detroit or St. Louis lurking in the first round.
The #3 seed could very well be San Jose if they capitalize on their games in hand. We can play and win against any team and any first round matchup will be a slugfest .... the boys need to come prepared and step up because there won't be an easy 1st round for 7 out of 8 teams in the conference.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 01:12 PM
Prederator

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtrick View Post
Ellis just got manhandled by their bigger forwards last night, and I'm sure that Trotz will use him very selectively from here on out.
He looked like a lost little boy out there.

Prederator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Everlong
JoeyBats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake744 View Post
My thought is that either way we're going to have to play them sooner or later. Might as well get it over with with fresher legs at the beginning of the playoffs.

Everlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 02:11 PM
I Will Son
An Army of One

I was at the game and all im gonna say is that Tootoo looked horrific. Playing like a nuisance in a bad way.

That said, the whole team played pretty crappy. Not much effort, standing around to much and also not Peks night. And to score 4 goals and still lose by 1 on a night that we didnt show up at all is pretty amazing.

Tootoo needs a bench, as does Franky. Cant believe im saying it but **** do we need Klein.

AK, Goose, Gill, have all filled the roles they were brought here for nicely. Ak is extremely fun to watch. And SK seems to want to shoot more with him here. I like.

Weber and Suter need to pick up their games and leadership. I dont see the drive from them i saw at the race last season. Weber is hardly physical anymore. He needs to go on a mean streak and do what he did vs the Ducks in round 1. Suter to me just looks like his ego is getting to him.

Wilson needs better linemates. (at least replace Tootoo.)

I Will Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 05:44 PM
token grinder

We watched AK close. that man does not waste a movement. that included moving to backcheck....

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 08:58 AM
VFL615*

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
To clarify, I left with 5 min left in the game. But I figured it was going to be a long night after the Kings got that fluky first goal.

I don't think I am being irrational. I am harping on mistakes that have haunted us all season. Inability to break out of our zone consistently, repeated turnovers in the neutral zone, inability to pass tape to tape consistently, the dump and chase issues pointed out earlier. How often have we put a full 60 minute game together. Look at Detroit, consistent solid play for a full 60 minutes on most nights. Seriously, this team is not ready for the playoffs. And they had better clean up or we are looking at one and done again.
I agree a lot of things need to be cleaned up. Some of the sloppy play is probably because of the line shakeups to fit in the new guys. On the Toots he is a great hustle player, brings energy, and i respect what role he plays but he needs to stay on the 4th line. He would fan on hitting a beach ball if it was infront of him and that is frusterating for the amount of good chances he gets .

We are just as ready as any other team for the playoffs. This team has beat the crap out of the Blues this year and they are number 1 in the entire WC. This team has the ability to be very good and has something special about it. It is all going to boil down to how bad they really want to win it all an make a statement and how hot they get at the end of the season.

Real talk, If Weber and Suter do not turn it up a notch and play the role of a team leader EVERYNIGHT ON THE ICE the Predators may not want either one of them at the end of the year and this contract drama may not be an issue at all.

VFL615* is offline   Reply With Quote