Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Possible Trade Ideas v5

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2012, 12:43 PM
nickschultzfan

vCash: 500
If we don't sign a top-tier UFA Dman, I'd look at Backstrom to Columbus for Wiz. Yeah, that contract is terrible, but we will have plenty of cap space, especially if Backstrom goes the other way, and he'd fit a big need.

Old
03-07-2012, 01:11 PM
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
If we don't sign a top-tier UFA Dman, I'd look at Backstrom to Columbus for Wiz. Yeah, that contract is terrible, but we will have plenty of cap space, especially if Backstrom goes the other way, and he'd fit a big need.
That one is actually not that bad..

Old
03-07-2012, 02:10 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

The Wiz is (along with Valteri Filppula and others) on my "Do Not Want" list.

Old
03-07-2012, 02:51 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

I'd think about trading Koivu for a big name defenseman IF Koivu's trade value is as high as Russo is pimping.

Old
03-07-2012, 02:54 PM
roon

Quote:
Originally Posted by the8bandarmadillo View Post
I'd think about trading Koivu for a big name defenseman IF Koivu's trade value is as high as Russo is pimping.
You trade Koivu you lose Granlund.

Old
03-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Boy if Granlund is that much of a little **** I wouldn't want him on the team in the first place. I don't think it would make a difference, but Koivu's not going anywhere and I highly doubt Granlund's going anywhere either.

Old
03-07-2012, 02:58 PM
roon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Boy if Granlund is that much of a little **** I wouldn't want him on the team in the first place. I don't think it would make a difference, but Koivu's not going anywhere and I highly doubt Granlund's going anywhere either.
Granlund isn't signed yet, I can promise you that if you trade his national team captain he re-enters the draft.

Old
03-07-2012, 02:59 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
We need to pull the roots out from this organization and churn the soil. Pulling Koivu (where the hell has his leadership been?!) out and replacing him might be for the best.

Old
03-07-2012, 03:00 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by roon View Post
Granlund isn't signed yet, I can promise you that if you trade his national team captain he re-enters the draft.
No he won't. That's just stupid.

And Koivu's going nowhere. He is our franchise center, and even with the injuries I think he has much more time to train this summer as well as recover his shoulder. He's back stronger next season, I'm sure of that.

Old
03-07-2012, 03:00 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

If there were any truth to Koivu or Backstrom being moved, I think it'd be suggested at least somewhere, and it hasn't.

Old
03-07-2012, 03:02 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
We need to pull the roots out from this organization and churn the soil. Pulling Koivu (where the hell has his leadership been?!) out and replacing him might be for the best.
In the training room. There is only so much you can do when you aren't on the ice with everybody.

Old
03-07-2012, 03:04 PM
J22

vCash: 814
Quote:
There isnt a Dman in the NHL that could replace the value that Koivu brings to this team right now

Old
03-07-2012, 03:06 PM
roon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
No he won't. That's just stupid.

And Koivu's going nowhere. He is our franchise center, and even with the injuries I think he has much more time to train this summer as well as recover his shoulder. He's back stronger next season, I'm sure of that.
Why wouldn't he? A guy with Granlunds talent can go anywhere and you cant honestly tell me that Mikko wasn't in GMCF's ear going "look at this Granlund kid". I have to believe Mikko is a big part of the reason Granlund is coming here.

If I am Granlund and I watched the way this team played, then you go and trade Mikko...I am telling you to pound sand and taking my chances in the draft.

Old
03-07-2012, 03:10 PM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Quote:
Originally Posted by roon View Post
Why wouldn't he? A guy with Granlunds talent can go anywhere and you cant honestly tell me that Mikko wasn't in GMCF's ear going "look at this Granlund kid". I have to believe Mikko is a big part of the reason Granlund is coming here.

If I am Granlund and I watched the way this team played, then you go and trade Mikko...I am telling you to pound sand and taking my chances in the draft.
And then proceed to get by another crappy team? No thanks.

Besides, he is a professional hockey player, not Kyle Turris. As others have mentioned, Koivu is not going to be traded and that's it. Besides, who would he get traded to? He has a big cap hit for a 2nd line center and Fletcher wouldn't trade him for scrap. It would be AT LEAST top 4 D-man + prospect + pick.

Old
03-07-2012, 03:12 PM
SphinX
#Whytake7whenyouget3

Quote:

No f%&¤#"+ way.

Koivu stays.

Forever

Old
03-07-2012, 03:13 PM
roon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puhis View Post
And then proceed to get by another crappy team? No thanks.
Another crappy team with perhaps a direction. Trading Koivu would say to the entire NHL that we are tearing this ***** down and starting over...hope you are ok waiting 5-10 years.

Old
03-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Not that I want it to happen, but...

To Buffalo: Koivu

To Minnesota: Erhoff+

Old
03-07-2012, 03:20 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jan Itor View Post
Not that I want it to happen, but...

To Buffalo: Koivu

To Minnesota: Erhoff+
That's icky.

Old
03-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Engebretson
Another GopherClone

vCash: 620
Quote:
If there were any truth to Koivu or Backstrom being moved, I think it'd be suggested at least somewhere, and it hasn't.
Russo was on KFAN a couple weeks ago and said he is constantly asked about the possibility of trading Backstrom. He then went on to laugh/sigh deeply and say that everyone can pretty much give up any thought of us trading Backstrom because it's not going to happen.

So, others can speculate all they want, but I just don't see us moving Koivu or Backstrom unless something happens and they flat out request a trade ala Zidlicky (which I don't ever see happening).

Last edited by Engebretson: 03-07-2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old
03-07-2012, 03:22 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidz View Post
That's icky.
Yep, but Buffalo would be the only team that I could see doing it.

Anyways, it's a moot point. You don't trade somebody after an injury plagued season. We'd be selling very low.

Old
03-07-2012, 03:25 PM
nickschultzfan

As I suggested in the other thread, Clutterbuck + Latendresse might be semi-attractive to teams.

Old
03-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Don't think anyone gives up value for Lats at his qualifying dollar amount. Clutterbuck might get a second pairing guy, unless they've been watching him lately.

I just don't think any amount of quantity is going to add up to quality. You've got a third liner and a top six who can't stay healthy at all, ever...that's not going to bring back a top pairing defenseman.

Old
03-07-2012, 03:35 PM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
As I suggested in the other thread, Clutterbuck + Latendresse might be semi-attractive to teams.
I don't know about them packaged together, but I agree those are our most likely trade chips at this point. Someone will be willing to take a risk on Lats. I'd peg his value as roughly equal to his offer sheet compensation rate.

Old
03-07-2012, 03:35 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

The more I've seen Clutter play this season, the more and more open I am to the idea of trading him. He's not quite as dynamic this year as in years past and he seems to be more injury prone as well. In any case I think some anger management for Cal couldn't hurt.

Also, why the hell would Buffalo want Backstrom when they have Miller? Miller is not going anywhere and all the rumors about him to places like Chicago for Kane are a bunch of BS.

Old
03-07-2012, 03:49 PM
CREW99AW

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by SphinX View Post
Are you sure?

1 point in 41 games if i remember correctly..
19 yr old Nino was unfortunately too young for the AHL this season.He'd have been better off in Bridgeport,then on the Isles 4th line.

Isles are on the 4th yr of a youth movement,a major rebuild.Fans who think the isles are trading Nino ,especially on the cheap,are fantasizing(sp).

Isles biggest need is a quality,top 4 d-man.They offered Erhoff a 6 yr deal and were rumored to want Tytnuni,who has a new 5/6 yr deal.Seems like Snow wants his new d-man to be several yrs from unrestricted free agency.If some team wants Nino,they should have something Snow wants.

Last edited by CREW99AW: 03-07-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Closed Thread