HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Greening VS Aulie

Old
03-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Billy Madison*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Absolutely. I was yelling for the Sens to score on that PP and when they did, I can't imagine Aulie didn't get in **** from Boucher.
He fought because he was pissed which was selfish. Cost his team the game or it can at least be argued that's when the Lightning were done.

Billy Madison* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:45 AM
Doctor Drej
Unregistered User

Greening got rocked. His visor saved him from being totally annihilated.

Doesn't matter about the extra roughing penalty with Roloson in net anyway, Sens would have scored a deflating softy sooner or later.

Doctor Drej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:48 AM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Downie View Post

Doesn't matter about the extra roughing penalty with Roloson in net anyway, Sens would have scored a deflating softy sooner or later.
Wouldn't you rather have taken your chances than have a back-breaking goal scored on the PP for a completely unnecessary penalty? Yes, Roloson sucks, he's done, but the momentum was with the Lightning and the Sens were thinking back to Sunday when they blew a lead vs Florida. It was a pivotal point in the game.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Billy Madison*

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Downie View Post

As opposed to Aulie's?

Either way, Greening hammered Aulie in the corner, took some serious shots for the team, got a few in, drew a penalty, scored a goal, set one up, and basically put the lightning away. Aulie was a selfish fight.

Good night playoffs.

Old
03-07-2012, 11:31 AM
smitty10

Awesome fight by Aulie. He was having a poor season in Toronto, but I'm sad that we traded him. I think he's going to be a very good defenseman one day, but we need big forwards more than defense right now.

smitty10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 12:15 PM
jbeck5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles McGavin View Post
Aulie's an unreal fighter.

Going to miss him in Toronto. He ALWAYS sticks up for teammates.
How was anything of what he just did classified as "sticking up for a teamate"...it was a selfish penalty because he got rocked cleanly...took a dumb penalty that ottawa took advantage of and sealed tampa's fate.

jbeck5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Ten88Nineteen

I'm sorry but in what section of reality is there an extra penalty here? It's most certainly not the on-ice call of Roughing.

Now, if you say this is an instigator you should notice that there was no initial intent to fight when the scrum started. And if anything, Greening dropped his gloves first. If you want an instigator called here, you're basically arguing for one on every single fight that occurs spontaneously (as a result of hard play, hitting, etc). You're asking for fighting in the league to become a complete joke - an emotionless event, relegated to be between guys who are only there to fight each other, simply staged off of a faceoff every now and then.

Ten88Nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 02:26 PM
Destroyer100

lol at the announcer saying that Colin Greening is one of the toughest guys in the NHL.

Destroyer100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 02:39 PM
I Am Beat You

The roughing call was extremely soft and I wish they had taken off the helmets, but fortunately Aulie is okay.

I Am Beat You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 03:16 PM
Ten88Nineteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Madison View Post
Fact. Aulie took a dumb penalty because Greening hammered him.

Fact. Tampa had scored the last 2 goals and had the momentum.

Fact. Ottawa scored on that PP.

I don't expect fans on non-playoff teams to understand that though, only moral victories at this point in the season, right . As a Leaf fan you should be able to feel for the Lightning...

Nice troll though.
Would you mind attempting to explain what 'dumb' penalty Aulie actually committed here?

While the irony of an Ottawa fan attempting to lecture others about the playoffs isn't lost on me, it'd make more sense to keep this on topic.

Old
03-07-2012, 03:25 PM
h2owned

vCash: 411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten88Nineteen View Post
Would you mind attempting to explain what 'dumb' penalty Aulie actually committed here?

While the irony of an Ottawa fan attempting to lecture others about the playoffs isn't lost on me, it'd make more sense to keep this on topic.
1. Aulie got an extra 2 minutes for roughing, which is what people are calling a 'dumb' penalty.

2. Ottawas only missed the playoffs twice since 1996...

h2owned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 03:38 PM
Billy Madison*

Quote:

Ironic how? Last time I checked they missed the show 2 times in the last what? 15 years?

Aulie got hit clean and hit hard, got up, looked for a fight, got one and he took a penalty because of it and basically took Tampa out of the game.

It's stupid because Aulie didn't need to fight there. The play was over, he was fine, no one took any liberties, skate away. They had all the momentum so again, no reason to turn the tide from Tampa's perspective. Wrong time, wrong reason, simple as that.

Old
03-07-2012, 05:40 PM
Ten88Nineteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owned View Post
1. Aulie got an extra 2 minutes for roughing, which is what people are calling a 'dumb' penalty.
I'm well aware, and if you look up a few posts you'll see that I made an argument that there should not have been a roughing call (this is as plain as day), and that if you claim it should have been an instigator you're basically advocating an instigator on every single non-staged fight in the league.

Quote:
2. Ottawas only missed the playoffs twice since 1996...
Yes. And how has that worked out for you?

Old
03-07-2012, 05:53 PM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

Miss this guy already, hopefully Carter does well tonight in his debut.

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 06:19 PM
Billy Madison*

Quote:
I'm well aware, and if you look up a few posts you'll see that I made an argument that there should not have been a roughing call (this is as plain as day), and that if you claim it should have been an instigator you're basically advocating an instigator on every single non-staged fight in the league.

Yes. And how has that worked out for you?
He went after Greening for a clean hit... why shouldn't that be a roughing call? He's lucky they didn't give him the inst. penalty and he probably caught a break only getting the roughing call.

Not sure how you can view the penalty he took as anything but stupid and avoidable.

Old
03-07-2012, 07:00 PM
Ten88Nineteen

Quote:
He went after Greening for a clean hit... why shouldn't that be a roughing call?
Because there was no 'roughing', and minor events and scrums like that happen multiple times every game.

Quote:
He's lucky they didn't give him the inst. penalty and he probably caught a break only getting the roughing call.
Again, if you consider that an instigator, you might as well remove spontaneous fighting from the game altogether. We'll have fighting just be a side show for when coaches want to call timeouts.

Old
03-07-2012, 07:09 PM
Billy Madison*

Quote:
Because there was no 'roughing', and minor events and scrums like that happen multiple times every game.

Again, if you consider that an instigator, you might as well remove spontaneous fighting from the game altogether. We'll have fighting just be a side show for when coaches want to call timeouts.
I don't consider that an instigator and I think the instigator in general is an awful concept in general. That said, the instigator has been called for less than what Aulie did and fact of the matter is he went after Greening for no reason after the whistle, it was pointless, the best thing that could possibly come from his decision to start that fight was him winning a fight and going to the box with his team down a man which is exactly what happened.

Aulie was penalized for starting a fight after a whistle for basically no reason. The goalie wasn't run or even touched, there was no player on his team hit, clean, dirty, or otherwise. He retaliated and got called for it. It was a stupid time to fight and he cost his team in a big way, it was probably the turning point in the game to be honest or prevented the Lightning from drawing even.

Old
03-07-2012, 07:16 PM
SpezDispenser

It's really not that hard to grasp...pick your spots...

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 07:23 PM
Pinto
Burn Them All

vCash: 50
Atta boy Aulie!

Pinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Ten88Nineteen

Quote:
I don't consider that an instigator and I think the instigator in general is an awful concept in general. That said, the instigator has been called for less than what Aulie did and fact of the matter is he went after Greening for no reason after the whistle, it was pointless, the best thing that could possibly come from his decision to start that fight was him winning a fight and going to the box with his team down a man which is exactly what happened.

Aulie was penalized for starting a fight after a whistle for basically no reason. The goalie wasn't run or even touched, there was no player on his team hit, clean, dirty, or otherwise. He retaliated and got called for it. It was a stupid time to fight and he cost his team in a big way, it was probably the turning point in the game to be honest or prevented the Lightning from drawing even.
I'm going to let this lie, as it's clear I completely disagree with most of what you're saying. Guy Boucher put it best saying "Aulie did the right thing" and there was "nothing to reproach him, for something we see every faceoff, every scrum".

But you're right, it was definitely one of two turning points in the game - the second being the Stamkos call.

Old
03-07-2012, 07:34 PM
zeykshade

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Wouldn't you rather have taken your chances than have a back-breaking goal scored on the PP for a completely unnecessary penalty? Yes, Roloson sucks, he's done, but the momentum was with the Lightning and the Sens were thinking back to Sunday when they blew a lead vs Florida. It was a pivotal point in the game.
The pivotal point was actually after Stamkos brought the Bolts to within 1 goal and the refs made up a Goalie Interference call and put Tampa's MVP in the box for no reason, but you can blame Aulie if you like.

zeykshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 07:36 PM
Billy Madison*

Quote:
I'm going to let this lie, as it's clear I completely disagree with most of what you're saying. Guy Boucher put it best saying "Aulie did the right thing" and there was "nothing to reproach him, for something we see every faceoff, every scrum".

But you're right, it was definitely one of two turning points in the game - the second being the Stamkos call.
That was weak for sure but those have been called all year for even less on every single team.

Either way, the spot Aulie picked was awful.

Old
03-07-2012, 08:13 PM
I Am Beat You

That was a pretty clear cut victory.

I Am Beat You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 07:26 PM
Dangles McGavin
RIP Lounge

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeck5 View Post
How was anything of what he just did classified as "sticking up for a teamate"...it was a selfish penalty because he got rocked cleanly...took a dumb penalty that ottawa took advantage of and sealed tampa's fate.
I didn't classify what he did as sticking up for a teammate. I just said that Aulie, in general, sticks up for his teammates whenever given the opportunity to.

Anyways!

Dangles McGavin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 07:48 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Aulie was a great kid... hopefully he continues kicking ass in tampa!

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote