HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Notices

No Suspension for Kronwall

Old
03-07-2012, 03:22 PM
BleedOrange
Future Star

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid6 View Post
Kronwall was playing the body and Voracek dropped to play the puck and did it to himself. Did you watch the video?

Look I understand people saying they don't like hits like this and that's fine. I don't think anyone can argue your opinion as it's yours but for those saying the hit was dirty even after the player that got hit, the league and the leagues example of a clean hit tells you otherwise, you need to re-examine your position a little more.
How many of theses dirty hits does kronwall have to do before the league wakes up when someone really gets hurt bad? Kronwall just looks for the player who is vulnerable to lay the dirty hit on.Just makes me lol rinaldo gets fined for a late hit and a playful trip where parise landed on his arse and suspended for hitting a det player what a joke.Kronwall's days coming he cant keep going around running players the way he does cant wait till he gets his...

BleedOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 03:23 PM
Crymson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
If this hit was Rinaldo on Zetterberg, he is getting 5 games.
All of this "Rinaldo would definitely get a suspension for this!" talk is pure conjecture. You have no idea if it's true or not.

Crymson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 03:26 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

vCash: 156
Rinaldo's slewfoot was not a playful trip.

03-07-2012, 03:27 PM
iamcanadian23

A lot of people just don't understand what warrants a suspension anymore, I can't blame them. These plays are rarely black-and-white, and the league has shown inconsistencies.

More than anything, I think all the negative feedback here is out of frustration due to lack of understanding. If anything, I sense most of the fans here think the league over-reacts to things like this - and would not advocate a suspension, if it weren't for the lack of clarity in some previous disciplinary action.

iamcanadian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 03:28 PM
iamcanadian23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crymson View Post
All of this "Rinaldo would definitely get a suspension for this!" talk is pure conjecture. You have no idea if it's true or not.
Agreed, but reputation factors largely into league decisions. And let's face it, he has a bad one.

iamcanadian23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Droid6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange View Post
dirty hits
This is the part you keep ignoring, it wasn't a dirty hit. You want it to be but it's not.

Droid6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 03:34 PM
giraffywaffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamcanadian23 View Post
Agreed, but reputation factors largely into league decisions. And let's face it, he has a bad one.
Yes, but they exist for a reason. It's why Carcillo had a short leash. It's why Ovechkin received a longer suspension for his last hit. It's why Rinaldo has a short leash. If Kronwall had such a reputation, the league would take action. He doesn't. I will admit he used to leave his feet quite a few times years ago, but he has fixed that part of his game a lot. For all the guys saying he's a "head hunting artist", well, they couldn't be further off.

giraffywaffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid6 View Post
This is the part you keep ignoring, it wasn't a dirty hit. You want it to be but it's not.

kinda was by today's standard. Look at the hit on Briere, leads with his lower half. He targeted head on Voracek, he targeted the body on Briere. If not dirty this hit was exceptionally reckless.

Bob Clarke Fan Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 03:42 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by giraffywaffy View Post
Yes, but they exist for a reason. It's why Carcillo had a short leash. It's why Ovechkin received a longer suspension for his last hit. It's why Rinaldo has a short leash. If Kronwall had such a reputation, the league would take action. He doesn't. I will admit he used to leave his feet quite a few times years ago, but he has fixed that part of his game a lot. For all the guys saying he's a "head hunting artist", well, they couldn't be further off.

He was last night.

Old
03-07-2012, 03:46 PM
Damaged Goods

To the "keep your head up" crowd: check the NHL rulebook and you won't find the phrase "keep your head up" in it anywhere. It's impossible to play NHL hockey without looking down at the ice, especially for a forward making that play to clear the zone. This is why Kronwall is able to duplicate the same type of hit over and over again.

This isn't about Voracek anymore. It's about Kronwall's next headshot victim.

This is practically an identical hit on Havlat. Maybe if the NHL had taken action against that dangerous play at that time, Kronwall would re-think his business. Right now he's one of the most dangerous players in the league when it comes to the health of his colleagues' brain tissue.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 03:48 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

Yep. And the NHL has spent two years saying that it's no longer kosher to blame the guy getting hit for not having his head up; that responsibility lies with the hitter to not line the guy up. So much for that.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 03:52 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
kinda was by today's standard. Look at the hit on Briere, leads with his lower half. He targeted head on Voracek, he targeted the body on Briere. If not dirty this hit was exceptionally reckless.
Except for the fact that he did nothing to target the head.

Head was the ppoc, but he didn't target it. If JV turns or stands up there is no head contact.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 03:52 PM
giraffywaffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Clarke Fan Club View Post
He was last night.
Did you even watch the video explanation of legal hits to the head per rule 48?

Old
03-07-2012, 03:55 PM
giraffywaffy

I'm curious, what do you think about this hit?

Old
03-07-2012, 03:56 PM
SeanCWombBroom
DownieFaceSoftener

I would have paid a lot to hear the comments on the ice.

I still do not understand the rationale behind allowing Kronwall to skate away without a black eye.

Not saying the hit was clean or dirty. You can't let your teammate get plowed like that. You take the instigator, misconduct, and fines.

SeanCWombBroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 03:56 PM
cheesesteak

I don't think he wasn't suspended just because Voracek had his head down. I think it was a combination of him having his head down, and making a quick move up the boards. If Voracek doesn't make the quick move, and gets smashed like that I think it would've been a suspension, but I don't think the hits as bad if Voracek doesn't make that move. When Voracek made that move up the boards he put himself in a vulnerable position. JMO

cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 03:57 PM
Rick Deckard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Yep. And the NHL has spent two years saying that it's no longer kosher to blame the guy getting hit for not having his head up; that responsibility lies with the hitter to not line the guy up. So much for that.

Shanahan says that Ericsson is eligible to be hit even when he admires his pass.

Rick Deckard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 04:00 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
AICMAM

Quote:

Perfectly legal. Watch the hit, Richards makes initial contact with Jake's chest using his forearm.

Kronwall, instead of taking any other safe or respectful option, leveled his shoulder straight into an unsuspecting player's face...something he often chooses to do.

Beef Invictus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Bob Clarke Fan Club

Quote:
Did you even watch the video explanation of legal hits to the head per rule 48?

Nope I just like to make comments.

Old
03-07-2012, 04:03 PM
Droid6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Deckard View Post
Haha, I'm laughing my ass off now. This is the the hit you guys are complaining about Rinaldo getting suspended over! He jumped into the air to make sure he hit the head. Too funny. Now that I know what I'm dealing with I'm done arguing, some people just absolutely don't get it and never will.

Old
03-07-2012, 04:03 PM
giraffywaffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Perfectly legal. Watch the hit, Richards makes initial contact with Jake's chest using his forearm.

Kronwall, instead of taking any other safe or respectful option, leveled his shoulder straight into an unsuspecting player's face...something he often chooses to do.
This simply isn't true. Richards hit him in the head with his shoulder because Voracek was unaware of his surroundings, thought he caught himself at the last moment and avoided what could have been more devastating (something he didn't do last night). The forearm to the chest doesn't come until Voracek is falling to the ice, as Richards extends the arm to finish the check. It's a clean check, body on body.

The difference in both hits is injury and the viciousness, as well as Jake making a poor move to expose himself before anything could be done to avoid it.

Old
03-07-2012, 04:06 PM
Damaged Goods

Quote:

The head is not the principal point of contact. He hits the head simultaneously with the chest/body.

Damaged Goods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 04:06 PM
achdumeingute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
To the "keep your head up" crowd: check the NHL rulebook and you won't find the phrase "keep your head up" in it anywhere. It's impossible to play NHL hockey without looking down at the ice, especially for a forward making that play to clear the zone. This is why Kronwall is able to duplicate the same type of hit over and over again.

This isn't about Voracek anymore. It's about Kronwall's next headshot victim.

This is practically an identical hit on Havlat. Maybe if the NHL had taken action against that dangerous play at that time, Kronwall would re-think his business. Right now he's one of the most dangerous players in the league when it comes to the health of his colleagues' brain tissue.

what's to penalize? The interference on the havlat hit was a bad call.

There isn't a rule that strictly states under no circumstances may you hit the head of an opponent.

achdumeingute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 04:07 PM
Droid6

Quote:
Originally Posted by achdumeingute View Post
what's to penalize? The interference on the havlat hit was a bad call.

There isn't a rule that strictly states under no circumstances may you hit the head of an opponent.
Beyond that, this hit was before they tightened up the rules pertaining to head shots.

Old
03-07-2012, 04:09 PM
giraffywaffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damaged Goods View Post
The head is not the principal point of contact. He hits the head simultaneously with the chest/body.
It's funny how two people can watch the same thing and have a different opinion, especially since the announcer who called both plays acknowledged them the same, but were angry about one and not the other.

oh well.