HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10,000 Pt XXVII: One of our posters is a cannibal, try to guess which one.

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2012, 02:48 PM
slocal
Global Moderator
It stinks!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksohnoes! View Post
the SF Bulls just unveiled their jerseys. Way too close to the ducks for my liking

Looks like a wimpy version of the Sabres logo, only with Senators colors. I guess it could pass for a Pirate Cow

"You guys have a buffalo head and sabres. We have a cow and some hockey sticks. **** yeah!"

"there's nothing good about dubstep." - The Nemesis
Old
03-07-2012, 02:52 PM
sharksohnoes!
yeahokayidiot

They are even using the same number templates

[IMG]http://content.****************/logos/1/1736/full/7qd5hgmhijszjhd2xygvexuhg.gif[/IMG]

Old
03-07-2012, 03:01 PM
slocal
Global Moderator
It stinks!

Oh, the quackery that is taking place in Daly City!

Old
03-07-2012, 03:19 PM
jwhitesj

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyball View Post
If you like GTA, play Saints Row 3. It was literally the funniest game I have ever played. Absurd on a scale never previously approached by a game, but ridiculously fun. I doubt I'll ever play another GTA after Saints Row 3 because it will just feel so dull.

I don't know how to help you.
I think with bio shock and mass effect I remember getting lost a lot and couldn't figure out what the hell I was supposed to do. I enjoyed mass effect untill I got to that space station and then all of a sudden I was lost and had no idea how to advance the game. Maybee that's what I mean by story was too deep. I like GTA because it was easy to figure out where you ahd to go with the maps and the dots. Call of Duty, there is only one way you can go, so you just go through the level and kill everything, I like that.

Old
03-07-2012, 03:27 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwhitesj View Post
I think with bio shock and mass effect I remember getting lost a lot and couldn't figure out what the hell I was supposed to do. I enjoyed mass effect untill I got to that space station and then all of a sudden I was lost and had no idea how to advance the game. Maybee that's what I mean by story was too deep. I like GTA because it was easy to figure out where you ahd to go with the maps and the dots. Call of Duty, there is only one way you can go, so you just go through the level and kill everything, I like that.
Mass Effect 1 is very slow for the first 2-3 hours. I have had to convince more than one friend to stick it out, all of them have come back in love with the game though. Mass Effect 2 starts out much faster, and 3 starts out sprinting heh.

The fun thing about Mass Effect is it is the scope of the universe they created. It's like Star Wars (but better imo) in that there is so much unnecessary detail that you can really get totally lost in its universe. I also like that they try to base a lot of the science fiction in some actual science. Quantum entanglement for instance.

Also, Saints Row 3 is exactly what your looking for. Do this, do that, laugh your ass off until you cry the whole time. Plus in the first 20 minutes of the game you rob a bank, have a helicopter firefight, destroy a plane mid flight, skydive back to earth, and rob a national guard armory.

Old
03-07-2012, 03:31 PM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Quote:
Mass Effect 1 is very slow for the first 2-3 hours. I have had to convince more than one friend to stick it out, all of them have come back in love with the game though. Mass Effect 2 starts out much faster, and 3 starts out sprinting heh.

The fun thing about Mass Effect is it is the scope of the universe they created. It's like Star Wars (but better imo) in that there is so much unnecessary detail that you can really get totally lost in its universe. I also like that they try to base a lot of the science fiction in some actual science. Quantum entanglement for instance.
Bite your tongue.

ME1 made me hate the game, I didn't want to play it at all. ME2 was a massive improvement in gameplay and story. The whole war planning army strength aspect of ME3 is what I find intriguing so far. I love wargames so this will make me do every side quest imaginable.

Old
03-07-2012, 03:32 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oso Blanca View Post
Bite your tongue.

ME1 made me hate the game, I didn't want to play it at all. ME2 was a massive improvement in gameplay and story. The whole war planning army strength aspect of ME3 is what I find intriguing so far. I love wargames so this will make me do every side quest imaginable.
Lucas ruined it, utterly.

And I meant that the backstory details are better than Star Wars. Races are more interesting, more believable, science is well... there is science, etc.

Old
03-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Quote:
Lucas ruined it, utterly.

And I meant that the backstory details are better than Star Wars. Races are more interesting, more believable, science is well... there is science, etc.
Oh no doubt, KOTOR made me fall in love with the star wars universe again. (something lucas has no part of)

Old
03-07-2012, 03:39 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Oh no doubt, KOTOR made me fall in love with the star wars universe again. (something lucas has no part of)
Yah, TOR to me was a huge disappointment though sadly

Great for like 35 levels, then the plot evaporated, you can't find a group, and I lost all desire to play :\

Old
03-07-2012, 03:44 PM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Quote:
Yah, TOR to me was a huge disappointment though sadly

Great for like 35 levels, then the plot evaporated, you can't find a group, and I lost all desire to play :\
If I wasn't in one of the most organized, community oriented guilds I would of stopped playing long before I did .

Seems like the MMO genre is dying rather fast especially after hearing Blizzards new scroll of resurrection changes.

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/wor...s/we-want-you/

I'm not a very big fan of GW either so I don't have any hope for that game. I thought the first one was barely playable.

Old
03-07-2012, 03:46 PM
sharksohnoes!
yeahokayidiot

Here is a higher rez images. Better, but still meh.

Old
03-07-2012, 03:49 PM
jwhitesj

Quote:

Also, Saints Row 3 is exactly what your looking for. Do this, do that, laugh your ass off until you cry the whole time. Plus in the first 20 minutes of the game you rob a bank, have a helicopter firefight, destroy a plane mid flight, skydive back to earth, and rob a national guard armory.
Maybee I'll give mass effect another try. I'll have to remember to try saints row 3. What about the first 2 siants rows?

Old
03-07-2012, 03:56 PM
DrFeelgood
Chairman Meow

Quote:
Maybee I'll give mass effect another try. I'll have to remember to try saints row 3. What about the first 2 siants rows?
Saints Row is sort of a ridiculous version of Grand Theft Auto with a whole lot less of the "living city" feel that GTA has

Whether that's good or bad is depending on what you're looking for in a game

Old
03-07-2012, 03:58 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 401
Quote:
The Citadel is just very big in ME1 and you're correct that you aren't given a whole lot of direction you can spend hours there picking up all the quests. If you want to progress the story and aren't a completionist just go to your journal and look up the main mission objective.

Old
03-07-2012, 04:04 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Totally different, more like a GTA ripoff. They aren't bad, just 3 is a totally different thing. Basically they went "I dont know what else we can do that GTA hasn't done already" "How about we just make it fun and forget about realism"

It's crass, absurd, and completely ridiculous. It's also extremely adult oriented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFeelgood View Post
Saints Row is sort of a ridiculous version of Grand Theft Auto with a whole lot less of the "living city" feel that GTA has

Whether that's good or bad is depending on what you're looking for in a game
I dunno about 'living city', but I know what your getting at. The city and the people are more background scenery than in GTA, but they are still there.

Let me give you an example of how insane SR3 is. At one point in the game, for no apparent reason the mayor calls you into his office. The mayor turns out to be Burt Reynolds and he has a prostitute in his office when you go to see him. He asks you to go to part of town where a zombie outbreak has occurred (there are no zombies before or after this btw, they just jammed it in there) and to stop them. The best weapon for killing the zombies is btw, a giant purple... uhm... toy (I don't want to get banned).

Old
03-07-2012, 04:06 PM
Mr Fahrenheit
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider2552 View Post
Does anyone know of any cities where a sports team in one of the four major leagues (MLB, NBA, NHL, NFL) won their respective championship and later moved to another city?
Philadelphia A's won 5 Championships

Old
03-07-2012, 04:06 PM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Quote:
Have you tired Borderlands? I still think you'll love it.

Old
03-07-2012, 04:09 PM
hockeyball

Quote:
Have you tired Borderlands? I still think you'll love it.
I couldn't get into that game at all. The graphics bugged me, and it just felt... I dunno... fractured.

Old
03-07-2012, 04:14 PM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Quote:
I couldn't get into that game at all. The graphics bugged me, and it just felt... I dunno... fractured.
Its a love/hate game.

Old
03-07-2012, 04:20 PM
WTFetus
Most popular combo

Quote:
It's more fun if you have a group of friends to play with. Can't wait for Borderlands 2.

Old
03-07-2012, 04:21 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Its a love/hate game.
I really tried to like Borderlands, but the replay value was just too low and I would have liked more RPG elements (armors and stuff). Multiplayer was pretty disappointing, wasn't it on like Gamespy arcade? I had to use that 20 years ago.

Old
03-07-2012, 04:23 PM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Quote:
Originally Posted by KpopandHockey View Post
I really tried to like Borderlands, but the replay value was just too low and I would have liked more RPG elements (armors and stuff). Multiplayer was pretty disappointing, wasn't it on like Gamespy arcade? I had to use that 20 years ago.
Dunno only online games I play on the PC are MMO's, RTS or Diablo. I played it mainly on xbox and had a blast with co-op.

Old
03-07-2012, 04:26 PM
WTFetus
Most popular combo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KpopandHockey View Post
I really tried to like Borderlands, but the replay value was just too low and I would have liked more RPG elements (armors and stuff).
I thought the replay value was pretty good. A few posters here and I played it for a good portion of last summer. Considering all the DLC (Zombie Island, Underdome, General Knoxx, and Robot Revolution), and the fact that you have to beat the main story twice, I thought it was pretty long. We still haven't beaten Crawmerax yet.

Old
03-07-2012, 04:30 PM
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
I thought the replay value was pretty good. A few posters here and I played it for a good portion of last summer. Considering all the DLC (Zombie Island, Underdome, General Knoxx, and Robot Revolution), and the fact that you have to beat the main story twice, I thought it was pretty long. We still haven't beaten Crawmerax yet.
Were you on console? The online for me on the PC never worked/was incredibly laggy which was a big reason why I got the game.

Old
03-07-2012, 04:30 PM
SoupyFIN
#character

vCash: 0
I guess I can cross that "every guy should date a crazy chick once" off my list, ex finally came clean about her mental state and going to a psychologist starting from tomorrow..

Meh, I shouldn't say anything about that kind of problems thou- I just don't talk about it to anyone.

Closed Thread