HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Boedker status

Old
02-01-2012, 07:46 PM
kihekah19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsthegame View Post
Being a playmaker on this team and not having Whitney or Vrbata on your line leaves you few options for forwards who can finish.
Someone has to bury the puck to get an assist and we are just not blessed with finishers.
I like Boedker and believe he will continue to improve. He will break out as soon as he starts shooting more.
I wonder if the coaching staff is telling him to shoot more?
Boedker doesn't come off as a finisher to me.... he works his tail off gets close and then.... it's not that he doesn't shoot, but he can't.... he's lost the control he had getting there... right at the end. I used to often have similar problems.... it ain't easy.

kihekah19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-01-2012, 08:48 PM
Sceva Sct
on the edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsthegame View Post
Being a playmaker on this team and not having Whitney or Vrbata on your line leaves you few options for forwards who can finish.
Someone has to bury the puck to get an assist and we are just not blessed with finishers.
I like Boedker and believe he will continue to improve. He will break out as soon as he starts shooting more.
I wonder if the coaching staff is telling him to shoot more?
During the broadcast the other night they said that Boedker has been on the ice early before practice lately working with Anderson on some things. Don't remember what exactly but I'm sure its in large part to try and get him going offensively.

Sceva Sct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 01:24 AM
Vandalay Industries

So, you guys still feel comfortable in his development? Was it 21 games without a goal untill last night?

Vandalay Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 01:25 AM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandalay Industries View Post
So, you guys still feel comfortable in his development? Was it 21 games without a goal untill last night?
Yes. Without question. Offensive slumps happen but we shouldn't be judging Boedker's development solely on his offensive production. Boedker is still generating chances and has been playing a solid game overall during a period of time where the team is winning. He just needed to work through this roadblock. Now that he has cracked the egg I expect we'll see more goals very soon.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 01:48 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

I'm encouraged by how much emphasis the coaching staff has been placing on shooting the puck. Boeds mentioned it in his interview and I'm hoping it sinks in. On that break away tonight I was preparing for frustration because I thought sure as hell the kid was going to pass it but he didn't, he shot it and buried it. Nice work Boedker!

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 02:00 AM
Blubba Jenkins
Staying Faithful

I think Tip mentioned after the game that he's been speaking with Boedker lately. If he just shoots the puck like he did, he's going to score a lot more, that was a hell of a shot.

During that play, I was seriously worried that Boedker was going to try and force a pass to Yandle.

Blubba Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-19-2012, 06:46 PM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubba Jenkins View Post
During that play, I was seriously worried that Boedker was going to try and force a pass to Yandle.
Same here, I was preparing to start yelling at the TV.

Sinurgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 01:02 AM
Miller Time

sounds like Boedker is still highly valued... that said, what kind of return would you be looking for IF he were made available (or what kind of deal do you think it would take for Maloney to consider moving him)?

asking from a Habs pov.

would this get the conversation started?

2012 2nd (mtl pick- likely 30-35)
2013 2nd (mtl or cgy pick)
A.Palushaj (23 years old, ppg AHL player, not effective at NHL level "yet"... solid 2-way player game/good skater)

enough, not enough?

Last edited by Miller Time: 03-07-2012 at 01:22 AM.
Miller Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 08:17 AM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miller Time View Post
sounds like Boedker is still highly valued... that said, what kind of return would you be looking for IF he were made available (or what kind of deal do you think it would take for Maloney to consider moving him)?

asking from a Habs pov.

would this get the conversation started?

2012 2nd (mtl pick- likely 30-35)
2013 2nd (mtl or cgy pick)
A.Palushaj (23 years old, ppg AHL player, not effective at NHL level "yet"... solid 2-way player game/good skater)

enough, not enough?
it's a D heavy draft and we're weak on forward. i'd rather we keep the player. We have lots of draft picks and bad history in the second round.

hbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 09:10 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Personally I wouldnt move him for picks. He's finally starting to look like the player we drafted. Why quit now? Seems like the worst possible time to give up on him.

rt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 01:45 PM
DesertDawg

the Coyotes aren't into rebuilding mode, so Boed's isn't likely to be traded, unless it's in a package to get a top scoring forward...

DesertDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 02:53 PM
phxroadrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Personally I wouldnt move him for picks. He's finally starting to look like the player we drafted. Why quit now? Seems like the worst possible time to give up on him.
Well, if Maloney was looking to use a 1st round draft pick on a 10-goal scorer then I guess he is looking like the player we drafted.

Too bad for Boedker that the team's financial plight in '08 resulted in him being rushed too soon. He should have celebrated his 19th birthday in the OHL rather than the NHL. I think Boedker will struggle to become a consistent 10 to 15-goal scorer, hardly what is expected of a 1st rounder.

phxroadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 02:59 PM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

Raffi Torres was the 5th overall pick and he's a 10 goals scorer. Unfortunately we picked incorrectly in the draft. Boedker doesn't look to be a 20 goal scorer. He looks like a 10-15 goal guy.

Hanzal was a great selection and our D looks great with OEL, Gormley, Stone and Summers look like NHL'ers and Murphy looks like he'll be one too.

It's just too bad we can't get that "top forward" that this fan base really needs. We need that "Home Run", someone who's exciting and can put butts in the seats.

Sindiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 03:49 PM
PhoPhan

Boedker is 22. I don't think he'll turn into a 40-goal scorer any time soon, but I don't think he's quite peaked, either.

PhoPhan is offline   Reply With Quote