HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Devils beat Rangers 4-1

Closed Thread

Old
03-07-2012, 03:37 PM
Devils731

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bojanglez View Post
He also stated he went after Dubie, because dubie can't fight.
If you want to challenge Clarkson, it should be a guy who has around the same number of goals, or more, than Clarkson. That way it's players of equal stature. So Callahan or Gaborik have to be the ones to challenge Clarkson from the Rangers.

Old
03-07-2012, 03:38 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils731 View Post
That's true of pretty much every NHL team. The team trailing has to force the play and the team leading is playing conservative. Nothing can really fix that.
That's true, but most teams can get the job done, and keep the score the same leaving the game as it was entering the 3rd period.

By no means does it happen all the time, and nor should it, but last season when things were getting better for us we were very low scoring still. At the same I can remember going into the 3rd period more often leading 2-1, and leaving the game winning 2-1. Didn't happen every game, but this blown lead stuff is happening a lot this year. We could potentially be a lot better if we fixed it. The possibilities of this team is endless if we could play better in our zone.

Old
03-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
If you want to challenge Clarkson, it should be a guy who has around the same number of goals, or more, than Clarkson. That way it's players of equal stature. So Callahan or Gaborik have to be the ones to challenge Clarkson from the Rangers.
well that's not necessarily the case.

But Dubie is the low-end of Clarkson's "weight class." Lucic is the high end.

All three are guys that are "power fowards" that fight sometimes, but are also effective offensively and can play a top 6 role.

I see what you mean, though. While I think Brandon Prust is more than a goon, it's not a fair tradeoff (to have them both in the box for 5 minutes). Same for Rupp. That puts us at a disadvantage. Dubinsky, while sucking, is a fair tradeoff.

Old
03-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Devils731

I was more teasing about the Clarkson/goal thing. I was being a little more ridiculous to highlight that Clarkson having to fight 4th liners is also ridiculous.

Old
03-07-2012, 03:47 PM
Mr Bojanglez
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I was more teasing about the Clarkson/goal thing. I was being a little more ridiculous to highlight that Clarkson having to fight 4th liners is also ridiculous.
dude, this is serious business. SERIOUS.

Old
03-07-2012, 04:06 PM
HeliDevil
Legend

i'm so glad carter kicked his ass. although i'm not for animal abuse.

#horseface

Old
03-07-2012, 04:12 PM
Ilkka Pikachu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autos View Post
i'm so glad carter kicked his ass. although i'm not for animal abuse.

#horseface

before reading the white text

Old
03-07-2012, 04:13 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

The Rags board is actually tame.

Old
03-07-2012, 04:17 PM
DARKSIDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
I highly doubt that. They got lucky with him once. I think the Islanders are probably thinking the Devils will come out striking, so they'll go with Nabokov. We haven't faced Nabokov this year yet. Hopefully we'll send him back to the KHL.

Now I said the Islanders are thinking the Devils will come out striking.

The only question that matters is will the Devils come out striking? Will the Devils make Nabokov look like a pee wee goalie too? Or will they make him earn his paycheck?

Clearly after last game the Islanders are a team you have to take seriously. You can look at the number 13 in front of them, and forget them, and then look at the number 1 next to the Rangers, show up, capitalize on mistakes, and be rewarded with a win.

Will the Devils treat the 13th place team like a must win as if it's the Rangers? Or just relax?

It only happened 4 days before the game should be fresh in their memory.

As for fresh in their memory, let's hope so.

Old
03-07-2012, 04:19 PM
DatBoyJPP
Good Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boring Trap View Post
As they should. They have nothing to be concerned with

Old
03-07-2012, 04:59 PM
apice3*

I just think it's funny how much they're concerned with us. Why they looking behind themselves? I think it would be hilarious if we caught them, though very unlikely.

Old
03-07-2012, 04:59 PM
Bleedred
Fire Dumbeor!

They can't blame the shootout or a lucky bounce off the glass, or a controversial goal this time. Haha Pete said we got bounces. The mood of the team seems to be somber. The turnovers. A couple were poked away I believe. We played pretty good. Even if they did make mistakes so many teams make mistakes, and we don't capitalize.

Old
03-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Kensu

David Clarkson will be on NHL Live today, if anyone is interested

Old
03-07-2012, 05:09 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Bojanglez View Post
well that's not necessarily the case.

But Dubie is the low-end of Clarkson's "weight class." Lucic is the high end.

All three are guys that are "power fowards" that fight sometimes, but are also effective offensively and can play a top 6 role.

I see what you mean, though. While I think Brandon Prust is more than a goon, it's not a fair tradeoff (to have them both in the box for 5 minutes). Same for Rupp. That puts us at a disadvantage. Dubinsky, while sucking, is a fair tradeoff.
There's four kinds of fighters:

1. Heavyweights. (Peters)
2. Middleweights. (Carcillo)
3. Middleweights with talent. (Clarkson)
4. Players that shouldn't be fighting. (Kovy)

A fair fight doesn't cross over, which is why Dubinsky vs. Clarkson is a fair tradeoff, just like Janssen vs. Scott. Even something like Kovy vs. Mike Green is a fair deal.

When you start crossing over, someone's (for the most part) gaining an advantage during the fight AND for 5 minutes of hockey. For example, if Janssen fights Gaborik, not only is Janssen a lock to win that fight, but the Devils are going to benefit for the next 5 minutes with no Gaborik to worry about.

Old
03-07-2012, 05:17 PM
njdevsfn95
Help Vas, Sprite.

Quote:
And the one poster saying that he "already cannot wait for next season" is what exactly?

We are bad after losses and admittedly worse than most boards here but I've never heard that (that I can recall). A team in first should have fans excited for the playoffs, not next season.

Old
03-07-2012, 05:20 PM
apice3*

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevsfn95 View Post
And the one poster saying that he "already cannot wait for next season" is what exactly?

We are bad after losses and admittedly worse than most boards here but I've never heard that (that I can recall). A team in first should have fans excited for the playoffs, not next season.
The Rangers are in 1st place in the NHL with around 15 games left. How does it possibly get any better?

Old
03-07-2012, 05:23 PM
MJB Devils23*
No lockout!

Quote:

Some of us after a loss on this board are pretty unbearable to be honest.

Old
03-07-2012, 05:26 PM
theking72
Confucius Ackbar

What is Dubinsky's sinus problem? Can they just go to CVS and get him some Sudafed?

Old
03-07-2012, 05:27 PM
CerebralGenesis

Quote:
Some of us after a loss on this board are pretty unbearable to be honest.
We suck. Fail4nail

Old
03-07-2012, 05:30 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:

I think a lot of us don't see this team getting to the Cup Final and winning it, not with this offense. That doesn't mean that we aren't excited, just that we see flaws and by next season hopefully they're rectified making us an even better team and hopefully by then a Cup favorite.

I talked to Tony about it last night at the game. We both agreed that if this team got deep into the 2nd, it's a very successful season. I personally wasn't expecting what this team has done to this point so I'm shocked. I still don't think they get to the SCF though. That's not to say they can't because IMO they can but the Bruins and Pens are the two best teams in the conference and will be tough to get through in a 7 game series. Still keeping my expectations in check with the team we have on the ice, not what the standings say.

03-07-2012, 05:34 PM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Quote:
Callahan would probably put up a good fight, but Gaborik vs Clarkson would be some comedy. For us, at least. The Rangers fans wouldn't appreciate it as much.

Quote:
It's amazing how rival fanbases can't get past seeing Clarkson as a goon, even when he's putting up numbers like he is this year.

He shouldn't have to fight fourth line scrubs anymore, but he still sometimes does it when it must be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theking72 View Post
What is Dubinsky's sinus problem? Can they just go to CVS and get him some Sudafed?
I think Carter must have caved in his nose or something.

Old
03-07-2012, 05:38 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saugus View Post
Callahan would probably put up a good fight, but Gaborik vs Clarkson would be some comedy. For us, at least. The Rangers fans wouldn't appreciate it as much.

It's amazing how rival fanbases can't get past seeing Clarkson as a goon, even when he's putting up numbers like he is this year.
Cally can fight, just doesn't do it often. If there was ever a really nasty game, you'd see him drop the gloves. I believe he fought in November back against the Habs after a big hit. He can handle himself for sure, much better than Dubi.

And I've never been a big Clarkson fan but you gotta give credit where credit is due. The guy is having a monster season and is gonna hit 30 goals. Hard to deny the talent there no matter how much someone hates him or dislikes him.

Old
03-07-2012, 05:46 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj225 View Post
One of the best quotes I heard last night..courtesy of NYR218.

The drawing if you paid for your season tickets in full for next season was "Double your Season Tickets"...NYR218 leans over to Tony and says "In NJ they double your season tickets, in NY they double your season ticket prices"!
It's true

Old
03-07-2012, 05:49 PM
Officer Rod Farva
Fire Pete DeBoer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyCOTTON View Post
David Clarkson will be on NHL Live today, if anyone is interested
did he go on already?

Old
03-07-2012, 05:51 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletown Mike View Post
did he go on already?
Doesn't say he did on their Twitter. It's @nhllive.

Closed Thread