HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Movin on up

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-07-2012, 10:17 PM
  #51
MyersMagic57*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: South Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,420
vCash: 500
Good:
Pommer-Roy-Vanek looked great for the most part. Good to get them on the scoring column again
Kaleta-Leino-Gerbe looked like our best line and Leino did a great job down low drawing penalties
Ennis had a lot of speed and Stafford continues to play well
Ellis and Tropp played well when they were out there
Penalty Kill
Ehrhoff is a beast
Myers looked like a tank
Miller played decent
Regehr looked to gain his speed and played well
I thought Weber played decent besides a few mistakes
Sulzer didn't play that bad either. He wasn't a liability by any means

Bad:
Boyes - His time is up
I didn't really like Hodgsons game today. I wanna see how he does next season, however, since he picked a difficult time to join the team

Ugly:
Canes looked tired and were not skating hard at all at the end

MyersMagic57* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:31 PM
  #52
SabresBillsBuffalo
Registered User
 
SabresBillsBuffalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 3,515
vCash: 500
What happened to Sekera wasn't home all day.

SabresBillsBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:33 PM
  #53
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 39,125
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresBillsBuffalo View Post
What happened to Sekera wasn't home all day.
Flu.

Hopefully he'll be back for tomorrow.

New Sabres Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:35 PM
  #54
Royisgone
Registered User
 
Royisgone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 821
vCash: 500
Sekera had "the flu" and could not play tonight.

Sulzer was rock solid and really steady in his stead however.

I thought our performance and "compete" was lowered to the level of the opponent tonight. That's one of many bad habits this squad has had for years. Still 2 points in the bag so it's tough to get down on them. This performance tomorrow night = LOSS.

Royisgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:40 PM
  #55
SabresBillsBuffalo
Registered User
 
SabresBillsBuffalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 3,515
vCash: 500
I think it was really stupid to play Miller. He's gonna be exhausted. Tomorrow is so huge. We have to win.

SabresBillsBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:40 PM
  #56
Royisgone
Registered User
 
Royisgone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok89 View Post
I thought RJ and Neale were really bad tonight.
RJ was the great and powerful RJ for my entire life until last year. That's when I seem to recall him starting to slip for the first time. This year he has slipped that much worse. He routinely mis-identifies players now and his energy level is a fraction of what it used to be. You really notice this watching old Youtube clips of him at his finest.

Harry is beyond horrible and has been mailing it in since he took over for Lorenzo.

Someone mentioned Harry retiring at end of this year. I have not heard that before, but that is a welcome change. He's horrible now.

It's sad to see RJ in decline. I have associated his voice with Sabres hockey basically my entire life.

Royisgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:44 PM
  #57
Royisgone
Registered User
 
Royisgone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 821
vCash: 500
I thought the energy level of the game tonight and overall action on the ice was really boring. I feel sleep in 2nd intermission and woke up 3 or 4 minutes into the 3rd.

The crowd in Buffalo is possibly the worst in the league; I can't think of anyone that is worse. There is just no life or activity in that crowd other than when the Sabres score a goal, and then the applause we do hear is short lived.

Contrast the atmosphere at tonight's game with Vancouver last Saturday, or in Winnipeg. It's a night and day difference.

Royisgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:52 PM
  #58
SabresBillsBuffalo
Registered User
 
SabresBillsBuffalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Buffalo
Posts: 3,515
vCash: 500
Go to the games and cheer then.

SabresBillsBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:53 PM
  #59
snoop244
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 32
vCash: 500
What did people see in Leino that put him in everyone's Good category? I saw energy and puck possession, but zero playmaking. I guess he sold the hook at the end of the game.

I marvel at how much puck possession that guy can have without ever feeding anyone or creating offense. Hodgson had a relatively poor game but still connected on at least 3 passes that could have turned into chances.

snoop244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:53 PM
  #60
CraniumCram
Syracuse '14
 
CraniumCram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Syracuse/Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 1,478
vCash: 500
G: Ruff's post-game, pretty funny, anyone else watch it? "Damns right I do"

U: Traveling to Beantown tomorrow night -_-

CraniumCram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:58 PM
  #61
MayDay
Registered User
 
MayDay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Mount Kisco, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,806
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresBillsBuffalo View Post
I think it was really stupid to play Miller. He's gonna be exhausted. Tomorrow is so huge. We have to win.
Every game is huge. The 2 points tonight are just as important as the 2 points at stake tomorrow night.

MayDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:59 PM
  #62
jamers
McTankel Mechanic
 
jamers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 2,403
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
G: Ruff's post-game, pretty funny, anyone else watch it? "Damns right I do"
"I stare at the standings." I bet he does.

jamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 11:11 PM
  #63
HogtownSabresfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,254
vCash: 500
Two points, nothing else matters. On to Bruins

HogtownSabresfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 11:40 PM
  #64
Royisgone
Registered User
 
Royisgone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 821
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresBillsBuffalo View Post
Go to the games and cheer then.
I'd love to, but I no longer live in WNY. I'm just shocked at how tame First Niagara Center is all the time now.

I was in that building for the Derek Plante OT playoff win against Ottawa whenever that was. Anyone else there that night? The atmosphere was beyond electric with "USA" chants going, a depiction of the American Flag waving on the jumbo tron, chants going back and forth between Ottawa fans in our building and Sabres fans...

You couldn't ask for more than what we had in there that night. If that was a 10 out of 10, almost all home games this year have been a 1.5 out of 10. There was a home game on a Friday night against the Leafs earlier in the year where the crowd was going nuts. And the first Bruins reunion after the Lucic incident saw a lively crowd. I don't recall much more than that to be honest this entire year.

WTF?

Royisgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 11:44 PM
  #65
sabresfan129103
Registered User
 
sabresfan129103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Amherst, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,919
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roymustgo View Post
I'd love to, but I no longer live in WNY. I'm just shocked at how tame First Niagara Center is all the time now.

I was in that building for the Derek Plante OT playoff win against Ottawa whenever that was. Anyone else there that night? The atmosphere was beyond electric with "USA" chants going, a depiction of the American Flag waving on the jumbo tron, chants going back and forth between Ottawa fans in our building and Sabres fans...

You couldn't ask for more than what we had in there that night. If that was a 10 out of 10, almost all home games this year have been a 1.5 out of 10. There was a home game on a Friday night against the Leafs earlier in the year where the crowd was going nuts. And the first Bruins reunion after the Lucic incident saw a lively crowd. I don't recall much more than that to be honest this entire year.

WTF?
I was and you are correct it was beyond insane. Obviously it's my favorite Sabres game of all time(just look at my avatar). The only game that I can think of that came close to Plante was when Briere scored in OT of game 6 against the canes in 2006. That was pretty wild too. I couldn't talk for a week after going to that game. IDK maybe it's just an older crowd there now.

sabresfan129103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 11:50 PM
  #66
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES
 
JOHNBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Denver NC
Country: United States
Posts: 10,150
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Great to pick up two, ill be happy if they escape Boston with atleast a point tomorrow...

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 11:51 PM
  #67
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor
 
thefifagod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabresfan129103 View Post
I was and you are correct it was beyond insane. Obviously it's my favorite Sabres game of all time(just look at my avatar). The only game that I can think of that came close to Plante was when Briere scored in OT of game 6 against the canes in 2006. That was pretty wild too. I couldn't talk for a week after going to that game. IDK maybe it's just an older crowd there now.
Honestly it's more of a younger crowd who is distracted with their phones and other nonsense at the game than anything. I'm in that age bracket and it infuriates me when people aren't paying attention at the game. I refuse to look at my phone unless it's commercial breaks or intermission. It's also a disservice to compare the atmosphere of a playoff game to a regular season game. The music is terrible and most of what they do in commercials to get the crowd going. The game day presentation is sad. It gets to loud points, it's just not consistent. As the season goes on it should get progressively louder.

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 11:54 PM
  #68
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles
 
CarlWinslow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,875
vCash: 500
Just a few thoughts.

#1 - I think Hodgson is on the brink of a breakout with us. It seems like he's right on the edge.

#2 - I loved Sulzer tonight. Thought he played a great game.

CarlWinslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 11:54 PM
  #69
drinking bleach irl
don't be so serious
 
drinking bleach irl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Ras al-Khaimah
Posts: 11,565
vCash: 436
Cheering loudly isn't how I watch hockey. Sorry.

drinking bleach irl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 11:58 PM
  #70
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil
 
ZZamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefifagod View Post
Honestly it's more of a younger crowd who is distracted with their phones and other nonsense at the game than anything. I'm in that age bracket and it infuriates me when people aren't paying attention at the game. I refuse to look at my phone unless it's commercial breaks or intermission. It's also a disservice to compare the atmosphere of a playoff game to a regular season game. The music is terrible and most of what they do in commercials to get the crowd going. The game day presentation is sad. It gets to loud points, it's just not consistent. As the season goes on it should get progressively louder.
Wow!!! That is exactly what I was thinking, but too lazy to type it

I go to 10-11 regular season games a year and that's exactly what I see. Young idiots texting on the phones. I also see men who bring their wives or GF's and the women bring a book or Kindle and read WHILE the game is happening.

Are you that freaking important that you MUST look at your phone and text every 45 seconds? I wish the Sabres could jam data streams at FNC across all networks so only phone call frequencies work.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 11:58 PM
  #71
sabresfan129103
Registered User
 
sabresfan129103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Amherst, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,919
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlWinslow View Post
Just a few thoughts.

#1 - I think Hodgson is on the brink of a breakout with us. It seems like he's right on the edge.

#2 - I loved Sulzer tonight. Thought he played a great game.
yeah I don't want to jinx it, but used in a limited role he's been effective. He's been a decent bottom pairing guy so far.

sabresfan129103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 12:02 AM
  #72
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor
 
thefifagod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Wow!!! That is exactly what I was thinking, but too lazy to type it

I go to 10-11 regular season games a year and that's exactly what I see. Young idiots texting on the phones. I also see men who bring their wives or GF's and the women bring a book or Kindle and read WHILE the game is happening.

Are you that freaking important that you MUST look at your phone and text every 45 seconds? I wish the Sabres could jam data streams across all networks so only phone call frequencies work.
Yep, tilts me to no end. Thankfully I've got my lady friend to comply and do the same as me with my phone. I'm not the loudest person by any means but when a good opportunity happens or it's a crucial point in the game I'd appreciate the crowd being into it. Nothing tops people pouring out of the arena with 2-3 minutes left in a 1 goal game or tie game. I sit on the aisle the majority of the time and always say "Hey, thanks for coming" to people taking off early in a close game. Is beating traffic that important? I'm getting angry thinking about it

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 12:08 AM
  #73
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil
 
ZZamboni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Buffalo, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,714
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefifagod View Post
Yep, tilts me to no end. Thankfully I've got my lady friend to comply and do the same as me with my phone. I'm not the loudest person by any means but when a good opportunity happens or it's a crucial point in the game I'd appreciate the crowd being into it. Nothing tops people pouring out of the arena with 2-3 minutes left in a 1 goal game or tie game. I sit on the aisle the majority of the time and always say "Hey, thanks for coming" to people taking off early in a close game. Is beating traffic that important? I'm getting angry thinking about it
Nice!! I like that. Are you in the 300's? Are you going to anymore games this season?

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 12:17 AM
  #74
thefifagod
I'm The Survivor
 
thefifagod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,043
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Nice!! I like that. Are you in the 300's? Are you going to anymore games this season?
I definitely will be at more games, just not sure which ones specifically yet. Depends on how things are for me in regards to school. Should be going to Colorado next week as they're my second favorite team, always like to see them and I'm on spring break next week. We just got season tickets this year in 308, row 2 and we also split season tickets in 107 on the aisle, our family gets 8 or so games there as well.

thefifagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 12:22 AM
  #75
Royisgone
Registered User
 
Royisgone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 821
vCash: 500
These comments about the cell phone culture at the games and wives reading books are all a revelation to me. I had no idea it was that bad in there. You don't really catch that watching the games on TV. That would explain a lot actually in terms of the total lack of vocal crowd participation at these home games.

Thanks for sharing these observations.

Royisgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.