HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Your nightmare

View Poll Results: YOUR NIGHTMARE
RC starts doing media scrums in French 3 1.81%
PG given 3 year extension 68 40.96%
Markov blows knee after start of 2012 season 36 21.69%
Gomez starts 2012 season with the Habs 22 13.25%
At Draft, Habs to pick, Bettman announces a trade 37 22.29%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-07-2012, 11:35 PM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by yianik View Post
I was just thinking about concerns expressed by Habs and thought Id do a poll on some nightmare scenarios. Mine is Markov blowing his knee out after the start of next season.
U better prepare yourself because it's a very real possibility. With all the setbacks he's had and the fact that it's a reoccurring issue makes it foregone conclusion in my mind.

The Gal Pals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 12:55 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
Earth to marble. We are the sideshow of the NHL now. Remember? The circus that is last place in the East.
The sideshow is the fans like yourself who rage and rally over made up stories and ball your eyes out because of a rumor you hear about Gauthier trading our 1st rounder away for Redden. Then you pull out the language issue that is embarrassing to say the least. After that you grab the smallest issue and try to blow it out of proportion just like the media you supposedly hate because secretly you hate Gauthier for no reason other than he is Gauthier.

Philadelphia finished with 56 points a couple years back and now they are cup contenders, I guess you would have noticed if you weren't busy chewing your nails hoping kaberle gets a negative in the +/- column so you can post on hfboards how you hated the move so much.

OneSharpMarble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 01:00 AM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I can't believe you'd have Poile on that list.

I'd agree with Feaster, Howson, Tambellini. Snow has an infamous **** owner behind him. He's found some gems in Parenteau, Moulson, Grabner without giving up assets. Don't look now but the Avs are tied for 8th in the West. The guy has balls for sure but none of his moves has backfired yet.

What the heck has Gauthier done to deserve such praise? If trading Cammalleri and for Kaberle isn't 'trigger-happy' what is? Give me an example here of what you are fearing from our hypothetical new GM.
Ok then, let's be fair.

What objective and subjective criteria do you want to judge Gauthier's reign over other GMs?

Overall points? Playoff rounds won? Consecutive playoff berths? NHLers developed? Or the amount of times he says mister and the volume of red meat he consumes?

If you're going to give SHERMAN, the guy whose team has been tanking and flailing around for years, the guy who traded a 1st and a 2nd for VARLAMOV (unproven goalie, not elite) a pass. Or give credit to Snow for PA Parenteau and Moulson but not Gauthier any credit for Diaz, Emelin and Cole. Or not even address the other GMs I listed...

I'm just going to assume you're not serious about having an analytic discussion and would prefer to just stick to your own made-up reality.

If the magnifying glass wasn't constantly hovering over Montreal, you'd all see that he's been doing a fine job big-picture wise. He could be SO MUCH BETTER but until the 6m dollar #1 d-man issue is resolved, and Gomez is dumped off his hands are (were) tied.

Brian Burke traded Seguin, Knight and Hamilton for ****ing Phil Kessel. Gauther hasn't done any move nearly are ridiculous as that. Burke resigned Grabovski, who's never broken 60 points, to a 5.5m dollar FIVE YEAR CONTRACT. Burke's team has never made the playoffs, Gauthier will have missed the playoffs for the first time this year.

If you're serious, I'll be serious but until then I'm going to assume you're just like Habaneros.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Feaster, Newy and Snow have crazy ownership issues... nothing they can do about it. Yzerman is too new to judge. Poile has no business being on this list. Lombardi actually had a great team ready to go and then blew it with silly moves this year (Richards and Carter for prospects) so he probably deserves the boot too. As much as I wouldn't have traded for Varlamov, he's so hot he might just get them into the playoffs.

No matter how you slice it PG belongs at or near the bottom on the list of GMs in the NHL. Is he the absolute worst? Maybe not.(Howson is awful and Tambellini doesn't impress.) But he's not good.

And while it's nice of you to try to compare him to the worst GMs how does he stack up against the best?
You can't say that GM X, Y and Z have external influences but our GM doesn't. It won't work that way. Montreal has tons of external factors, among them: the spinster media, the taxes, the snowball effect of media attention and GMs protecting their players, etc etc.

So no, you can't waive off terrible GMs because of their "ownership issues". So what, everybody has problems. And this is the first time I've heard of Calgary having issues, so... source?

Your M.O. is set, we all know it. You'll judge a GM by his ability to tank hard, pick up super-duper-stars and then add to the core and win the cup. I'm not going to judge a GM on those factors because it's out-to-lunch.

That said:

Yzerman - Him and Gauthier have been around for almost the same amount of time. So if he's too new to judge, so is Goat. He's going to miss the playoffs for the first time, so is Goat. He sold off assets, so did Goat. He has legitimate all-star, superstar talent in Stamkos and MSL, Gauthier doesn't. Price is an all-star, but that's the extent of it.

Poile - as I initially pointed out, depends on this year's playoff success on everything. Suter might leave if they bomb out of the playoffs, and he'll have traded two 2nds and a 1st for what'll amount to nothing (if they bomb out in the first round) and he'll have nothing to show for it at all since Gill is super old even if he re-signs and AKost... well we'll see what happens with him.

That aside, if it works out and they get to the WCF, more power to him. I don't think they have the experience or the firepower but anything can happen. His deals for Rinne, Legwand and Erat disgust me however. Rinne is an unproven goaltender in the playoffs and he flat out sucked against Detroit in that one series - he's not worth 7/49 no matter how you cut it.

Feaster - Calgary has nothing going for them, today or next season or the one after that. He's patchwork fixing them over and over. He inherited this team though so I guess he'll need some time to manouever. So far, I haven't been impressed. No matter what you think of the MTL return for the Cammy deal, picking up a non-performing 6m 'sniper' for two more years is mighty risky.

Brian Burke - Enough's been said. He's done a terrible job and he's missed the playoffs every year. He hasn't found a goaltender. His "star" draft picks, Schenn and Kadri have been disappointing in their own regards - Schenn is even trade bait now. His FA signing have all busted except for Macarthur. His resigning of Grabovski only goes to show that he has no idea how to fix it, he might have a plan but cannot come to fix it whatsoever. The Kessel deal will only get worse from now on as Seguin is getting better and the other two prospects make it to the league.

Fletcher - I'm not sure how long he's been a GM but his organization got a lot of heat for Burns' injury. Trading for Heatley is like trading for Gomez, Heatley's lost his mojo and it shows in a bad way. He didn't do his pro-scouting and he hasn't been able to do much of anything.

Tambellini - Your beloved tank-strategy is showing.

Howson - Howson's actually tried to make moves, his team looked fine on paper. Damn shame, the fans deserve better but as I've been saying - he's been way worse than Gauthier. Goat's biggest risk was re-signing a prized asset, Howson traded Voracek and a top10 first for a mid-table 1st and Jack "-∞" Johnson.

Neiwendyke - I think he's done an absolutely terrible job. Goligoski's contract is plain stupid, and giving up Neal AND Niskanen for Gogo is even worse. He didn't replace B.Richards or get any assets for him (you know, that thing where everyone complains that Gainey/Goat didn't do for old farts like Kovalev and Koivu). Terrible job.

Lombardi - He's had how much time to assemble his team? How many times did he embarrass himself this off-season - getting into a stupid PR nightmare debate with his star d-man and eventually bending over anyway. Never addressed his team's need properly, and went off the wall with how many 1st rounders? Failed on how many FA signings? Oh yeah AND they've tanked to boot.

Rutheford - Terrible contracts, terrible everything. He disassembled a cup-winning team piece by piece.

The rest of the league's GMs are all over the place, is Sather a good GM or a terrible one? We'll see next season, but until now they've had less success than us in the POs, less PO appearances, and terrible, terrible contracts. Gillis assembled a good team in Vancouver and is constantly helping it, picking up Higgins and Lapierre was an astute move that an otherwise cowardly GM wouldn't pull. Holland in Detroit is like Ferguson in ManU. Wilson in San Jose has done almost everything he could, I give him tons of credit too. Holmgren is far too aggressive for my liking, and so is Tallon but hey one of them almost won a cup and the other built everything of that team that won. Shero has assembled the most magical team in the league, more than the sum of its parts and he deserves all the praise even though I hate the Pens.

What does this go to show? That GMs aren't in control of everything, it can literally fall down to a single bounce of a puck. Some moves look bad but if you win a cup it's all worth it, some moves are bad but you deal with it, some GMs make the best moves and nothing comes of it.

I like Goat's moves and non-moves, I want to see him have a legitimate coach, and a chance to get rid of Gomez before I send him to pasture. Everything other than this season has been ABSOLUTELY TO MY LIKING. It was Gainey that ****ed everything up (unfortunately) not Gauthier.

And you know what? If Goat ends up doing much of nothing next season, I'll be at the head of the picket line clamoring for his head. Until then, I think organizational stability is severely underrated among the kids here.

edit: And you know what? The one's who have teams that are in the PO picture are only just making it. The same thing you supposedly hate, squeezing into the playoffs, that's what the Kings are doing.

Last edited by WhiskeySeven: 03-08-2012 at 01:09 AM.
WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 01:13 AM
Bieber fever

Randy Konyworth sign an extension

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 01:14 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

nightmare : meh
prediction : not a single UFA of value will sign with the Habs.

ECWHSWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 01:18 AM
Lafleurs Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
You can't say that GM X, Y and Z have external influences but our GM doesn't. It won't work that way. Montreal has tons of external factors, among them: the spinster media, the taxes, the snowball effect of media attention and GMs protecting their players, etc etc.

So no, you can't waive off terrible GMs because of their "ownership issues". So what, everybody has problems. And this is the first time I've heard of Calgary having issues, so... source?

Your M.O. is set, we all know it. You'll judge a GM by his ability to tank hard, pick up super-duper-stars and then add to the core and win the cup. I'm not going to judge a GM on those factors because it's out-to-lunch.

That said:

Yzerman - Him and Gauthier have been around for almost the same amount of time. So if he's too new to judge, so is Goat. He's going to miss the playoffs for the first time, so is Goat. He sold off assets, so did Goat. He has legitimate all-star, superstar talent in Stamkos and MSL, Gauthier doesn't. Price is an all-star, but that's the extent of it.

Poile - as I initially pointed out, depends on this year's playoff success on everything. Suter might leave if they bomb out of the playoffs, and he'll have traded two 2nds and a 1st for what'll amount to nothing (if they bomb out in the first round) and he'll have nothing to show for it at all since Gill is super old even if he re-signs and AKost... well we'll see what happens with him.

That aside, if it works out and they get to the WCF, more power to him. I don't think they have the experience or the firepower but anything can happen. His deals for Rinne, Legwand and Erat disgust me however. Rinne is an unproven goaltender in the playoffs and he flat out sucked against Detroit in that one series - he's not worth 7/49 no matter how you cut it.

Feaster - Calgary has nothing going for them, today or next season or the one after that. He's patchwork fixing them over and over. He inherited this team though so I guess he'll need some time to manouever. So far, I haven't been impressed. No matter what you think of the MTL return for the Cammy deal, picking up a non-performing 6m 'sniper' for two more years is mighty risky.

Brian Burke - Enough's been said. He's done a terrible job and he's missed the playoffs every year. He hasn't found a goaltender. His "star" draft picks, Schenn and Kadri have been disappointing in their own regards - Schenn is even trade bait now. His FA signing have all busted except for Macarthur. His resigning of Grabovski only goes to show that he has no idea how to fix it, he might have a plan but cannot come to fix it whatsoever. The Kessel deal will only get worse from now on as Seguin is getting better and the other two prospects make it to the league.

Fletcher - I'm not sure how long he's been a GM but his organization got a lot of heat for Burns' injury. Trading for Heatley is like trading for Gomez, Heatley's lost his mojo and it shows in a bad way. He didn't do his pro-scouting and he hasn't been able to do much of anything.

Tambellini - Your beloved tank-strategy is showing.

Howson - Howson's actually tried to make moves, his team looked fine on paper. Damn shame, the fans deserve better but as I've been saying - he's been way worse than Gauthier. Goat's biggest risk was re-signing a prized asset, Howson traded Voracek and a top10 first for a mid-table 1st and Jack "-∞" Johnson.

Neiwendyke - I think he's done an absolutely terrible job. Goligoski's contract is plain stupid, and giving up Neal AND Niskanen for Gogo is even worse. He didn't replace B.Richards or get any assets for him (you know, that thing where everyone complains that Gainey/Goat didn't do for old farts like Kovalev and Koivu). Terrible job.

Lombardi - He's had how much time to assemble his team? How many times did he embarrass himself this off-season - getting into a stupid PR nightmare debate with his star d-man and eventually bending over anyway. Never addressed his team's need properly, and went off the wall with how many 1st rounders? Failed on how many FA signings? Oh yeah AND they've tanked to boot.

Rutheford - Terrible contracts, terrible everything. He disassembled a cup-winning team piece by piece.

The rest of the league's GMs are all over the place, is Sather a good GM or a terrible one? We'll see next season, but until now they've had less success than us in the POs, less PO appearances, and terrible, terrible contracts. Gillis assembled a good team in Vancouver and is constantly helping it, picking up Higgins and Lapierre was an astute move that an otherwise cowardly GM wouldn't pull. Holland in Detroit is like Ferguson in ManU. Wilson in San Jose has done almost everything he could, I give him tons of credit too. Holmgren is far too aggressive for my liking, and so is Tallon but hey one of them almost won a cup and the other built everything of that team that won. Shero has assembled the most magical team in the league, more than the sum of its parts and he deserves all the praise even though I hate the Pens.

What does this go to show? That GMs aren't in control of everything, it can literally fall down to a single bounce of a puck. Some moves look bad but if you win a cup it's all worth it, some moves are bad but you deal with it, some GMs make the best moves and nothing comes of it.

I like Goat's moves and non-moves, I want to see him have a legitimate goaltender, and a chance to get rid of Gomez before I send him to pasture. Everything other than this season has been ABSOLUTELY TO MY LIKING. It was Gainey that ****ed everything up (unfortunately) not Gauthier.

edit: And you know what? The one's who have teams that are in the PO picture are only just making it. The same thing you supposedly hate, squeezing into the playoffs, that's what the Kings are doing.
Man... you really are out to lunch. The more you defend, the sillier you look.

As I've said many, many times. I care about a cup. I don't care how we do it. Yes, I support rebuilding. I do so because it's been shown to work and because we've shown zero ability to attract superstar FAs. That's the bottom line. If we go out tomorrow and sign a bunch of UFAs and win a cup I couldn't care less if that's how we win. So if you didn't understand this yet, you should now.

As for us vs. Newy and the guys I mentioned... it's night and day. We have resources that they can only dream about. Guys like him and Feaster are slaves to the owners and have their hands tied.

You're defending the hell out of PG and are obviously defending his moves. So whether the owner is involved with him or not shouldn't matter to your arguments because you think he's been great. I've said what I said above and I'm not going over it again. You're going to defend the hell out of this guy no matter what he does. And you're doing what you always do... comparing him to the very minimum to try to make him look better.

Again, go compare him to the best GMs out there. How does he stack up? You avoided this last time. Please compare him to GMs who've actually had success in this league. Where does he stack up?

He's bottom of the barrel. Maybe not the worst but far from the best and in the bottom third. Montreal deserves better. Puppets such as yourself have been here from the beginning of time. They're called "Beleafers" in Toronto and they defend everything that their management does. Houle had his supporters, JFJ had his and now we've got the Gauthier clown show and here you are playing the carnival music asking us to dance.

No thanks.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 01:55 AM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Jesus Christ LG, you can't say he's bottom of the barrel when I just went over TEN GMs who have made objectively worse (potentially worse, in Polie's case) moves than him. That's not including Holmgren either.

I want a cup too, I think it's more likely to come from organizational stability than from blowing it up every 3 years. I did mention the "best" GMs and it really comes down to luck and vision. Since the lockout only DET and PEN came close to winning the cup twice and they are both from the extremes of the team-building spectrum.

I don't want a team built on ELCs that'll dismantle. Nor a team that's rag-tag and full of mercenaries like the Panthers this year.

It's not about Gauthier, I don't know ANYTHING about the guy, I just see the direction and motivation and I like it.

Gainey's tenure explicitly stated that they wanted to join the elite teams of the league, the ones that regularly make the playoffs and have a prospect pipeline and attract FAs. I love that idea, I absolutely believe in it. I'd rather have an organization like SJS than Anaheim. I want the Habs to be a playoff lock every year, for ******** pundits like Dreger say that they're the "beast of the East" kinda thing.

Tanking, selling off Gorges/Pleks/DD/Cole to get a potential superstar like McKinnon doesn't guarantee anything and it's a terrifying idea. Firing a steady, patient GM (historically, GMs with a longer tenure give better results) for a doofus like Pierre McGuire is terrifying. Ruining whatever reputation we have among the league in an attempt to bottom out is terrifying. That "dirty diving smurfs" rep that was obviously false really made us look bad - imaging how much worse it'd be if we were "that ****** team that no one wants and has language issues to boot"? Oh wait, I remember. It was ten years ago and it was the worst time to be a ****ing fan. I don't want that ever again, no one does.

This year sucks, and it sucks mighty fierce. JM was boring but Cunneyworth really ****ed things up too. Goat's probably going to get replaced but I don't think it merits a replacement, he hasn't had much time to flexibility in his 2.5 years and whateve he has done seem reasonable and intelligent. Yes, even trading for Kraperle is reasonable. If you disagree, well... tough.

Also, lumping four different GM eras together to make a weak point like "we haven't contended in 20 years!!" is annoying and false and I wish you'd stop doing that.

Old
03-08-2012, 01:57 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Man... you really are out to lunch. The more you defend, the sillier you look.

As I've said many, many times. I care about a cup. I don't care how we do it. Yes, I support rebuilding. I do so because it's been shown to work and because we've shown zero ability to attract superstar FAs. That's the bottom line. If we go out tomorrow and sign a bunch of UFAs and win a cup I couldn't care less if that's how we win. So if you didn't understand this yet, you should now.

As for us vs. Newy and the guys I mentioned... it's night and day. We have resources that they can only dream about. Guys like him and Feaster are slaves to the owners and have their hands tied.

You're defending the hell out of PG and are obviously defending his moves. So whether the owner is involved with him or not shouldn't matter to your arguments because you think he's been great. I've said what I said above and I'm not going over it again. You're going to defend the hell out of this guy no matter what he does. And you're doing what you always do... comparing him to the very minimum to try to make him look better.

Again, go compare him to the best GMs out there. How does he stack up? You avoided this last time. Please compare him to GMs who've actually had success in this league. Where does he stack up?

He's bottom of the barrel. Maybe not the worst but far from the best and in the bottom third. Montreal deserves better. Puppets such as yourself have been here from the beginning of time. They're called "Beleafers" in Toronto and they defend everything that their management does. Houle had his supporters, JFJ had his and now we've got the Gauthier clown show and here you are playing the carnival music asking us to dance.

No thanks.
Lie. we all know ALL you care about is top picks.

Old
03-08-2012, 01:58 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

long island has snow; other teams have owner issues, but our biggest problem when it comes to the GM position in montréal?

"win. now."

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 02:01 AM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

I have no personal stock in Goat. I don't know him and I don't particularly like him.

I like his vision, and people like you will clamor "WHAT VISION???" but I like what I see. He was handcuffed with Jacques Martin, a veteran coach who wanted what he wanted and now JM is gone.

Let's see what he does with a coach he actually hires, and with Gomez finally being able to be sent down or bought-out He's drafted well and attracted pretty well-regarded hockey talent (Boucher, Cunney and Ladoucer were all very hyped). Subban became a star under his reign too, for the record. He trusted DD to give him a shot in the NHL and turned him into an asset (at the least), picked out Diaz from nowhere, brought Emelin over, signed Cole and drafted some very highly regarded prospects.

They'll all graduate this year to the AHL and if Goat get fired the next GM will get all the credit.

Old
03-08-2012, 02:09 AM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
long island has snow; other teams have owner issues, but our biggest problem when it comes to the GM position in montréal?

"win. now."
It's "whatever you do, you're doing it wrong and it's not tough/french enough."

How can a publication claim that a team's being run like the KGB when that very publication is the root of the team's apprehension? To use a crass analogy, it's like a rapist bumping into his victim some weeks later and being offended that she's carrying a ****-whistle.

Remember the "darkest day" stuff? We mock it now but the organization was rightfully furious. If the Kostitsyn's and Hamrlik's agents were worth any penny they would've torn the Habs brass a new ******* for allowing 3rd party media to essentially tip-toe the line on libel/slander of their clients.

I guess I just like supporting the unfairly hated upon, until this season I had no opinion or posts about Gauthier but after all these lunatics crept out of the woodwork on HF I guess I just assumed the role.

Old
03-08-2012, 02:19 AM
llamateizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
With the second overall pick in the NHL Entry draft, the Montreal canadiens are proud to select, from the QMJHL, Halifax Moosehead forward, Nathan MacKinnon!

Uh, Pierre... He isn't eligible until next year's draft

Hey, Geoff, Wana trade the pick + **Insert player name** for rights to Zach Parise?

T TU VRAIMENT SI INCOMPETANT QUE SA?

My answer in a story of pictures & words... Drafting a player that could be the next Alexandre Daigle or trading it away for the wrong value
it took me 3 times to understand your message xD

funny one whenyou catch it ^^

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 02:22 AM
OneSharpMarble

Quote:

How can a publication claim that a team's being run like the KGB when that very publication is the root of the team's apprehension? To use a crass analogy, it's like a rapist bumping into his victim some weeks later and being offended that she's carrying a ****-whistle.

Remember the "darkest day" stuff? We mock it now but the organization was rightfully furious. If the Kostitsyn's and Hamrlik's agents were worth any penny they would've torn the Habs brass a new ******* for allowing 3rd party media to essentially tip-toe the line on libel/slander of their clients.

I guess I just like supporting the unfairly hated upon, until this season I had no opinion or posts about Gauthier but after all these lunatics crept out of the woodwork on HF I guess I just assumed the role.
At what point will you realize you are wasting your time? They hate Gauthier, not his moves or anything he has done but him, so until you can convince them that Gauthier isn't Gauthier, they won't hear anything you are saying.

OneSharpMarble is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 03:02 AM
WhiskeySeven
Mr. Worldwide

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneSharpMarble View Post
At what point will you realize you are wasting your time? They hate Gauthier, not his moves or anything he has done but him, so until you can convince them that Gauthier isn't Gauthier, they won't hear anything you are saying.
The worst thing is that it's pretty obvious that Gauthier has very little chance of returning. Such a waste of time indeed.

I can only hope we'll have an another actually competent GM candidate.

Old
03-08-2012, 03:18 AM
KareyPrice

my biggest nightmare is that we go on a hot streak and move out the top 5 or we hold the 2nd overall pick and we drop to 4 or 5

KareyPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 03:29 AM
ECWHSWI
5M? insulting!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KareyPrice View Post
my biggest nightmare is that we go on a hot streak and move out the top 5 or we hold the 2nd overall pick and we drop to 4 or 5
that would be hilarious.

Old
03-08-2012, 05:21 AM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

Quote:
Colorado - On a stiff downward angle, stupid Varlamov trade, tanking and still nowhere.
Quote:
If you're going to give SHERMAN, the guy whose team has been tanking and flailing around for years, the guy who traded a 1st and a 2nd for VARLAMOV (unproven goalie, not elite) a pass.
I appreciate the fact that some Habs fans tried to point this guy in the right direction regarding Sherman and the Avs but he seems to be a lost cause. Wow.

Avs_19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 06:36 AM
ReVeuF

Nightmare

-Markov injured again
-Goat, Gainey, Cunney all stay, Molson saying we have a good chance to the cup this season
-We trade our 1st for scrap or we draft someone ranked like 86th on the ISS with the top 2 overall
-Gomez stay and have same season, playing 18 minutes and have pp minutes icetime
-Having another bad season we trade our 2013 1st for scrap

ReVeuF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 06:46 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs_19 View Post
I appreciate the fact that some Habs fans tried to point this guy in the right direction regarding Sherman and the Avs but he seems to be a lost cause. Wow.
i still think it was a stupid trade, and time will tell. W7? well he does get carried away sometimes...

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 07:08 AM
HockeyF3ind

Quote:

This is when I stopped reading.

Heatley is 9 points ahead of everyone else on his team in points. Its not so much him as a team that is seriously sucking this year. He's not carrying the team, but then again he never has ever done that before.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/statisti...bname=nhl-wild

HockeyF3ind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 08:07 AM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

Quote:

I'm sorry this is ridiculous, at the end of the day Gauthier built this defense, this porous defense. Our goals are pretty much where they've been every other year. Not a single player other then Emelin on the D is greater then 6' most would agree having two players on D at 6' or lower is fine. But at the end of the day, we started the season with

Gorges-Gill
Subban-Markov
Emelin-Diaz
Spacek-Weber
That's buttery soft. How can you not put that on Gauthier?

You cannot for one second claim that Tinordi/ Beaulieu or any of the draft picks in the last little while are Gauthiers, at the end of the day those fall on Timmins just the same way Gainey's did.

Subban and Desharnais did not become superstars under Gauthier, Jesus this doesn't even make sense. Timmins drafts subban but Gauthier makes him into a superstar? Wouldn't subban make himself into a superstar. Desharnais was given an opportunity for a contract by Gainey and Carboneau, Gauthier picks up the phone and asks for him to come up and he becomes a superstar under him?

Secondly trades, He was the head pro scout when the Gomez trade occurred, I put that on him and Gainey, I was pissed then and I'm still pissed now.

Kaberle, that trade will hamper this team for quite a while, paying him 4.5 for the next two seasons is ridiculous and pains me to hear.

Cammalleri, for christ sakes gaustad got a first rounder at the deadline, I wouldn't have been surprised If we waited till the deadline and gotten what we had and instead of a 2nd got a 1st

I swear Guathier apologists have to stop, if we are going in the right direction, how are we going in the wrong direction in the standings?

subbanged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 08:34 AM
Craig71

Quote:
Nightmare would be getting a top pick and having him fizzle... forever dooming us to more 8th place finishes.
This is my fear.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 08:36 AM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
nightmare : meh
prediction : not a single UFA of value will sign with the Habs.
Thats not a nightmare, that has been reality for a very long time.

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 08:40 AM
habdynasty

The Habs draft the next Yashin....

habdynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 08:43 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadyone33 View Post
A few things that scare me are:

1. We go on some crazy winning streak to end the year.
2. If we don't go on a streak and we get shafted in the lottery. I'd hate to have the 2nd ranked pick and end up with the 4th/5th.
3. Markov returning this year and having an injury to either knee.
4. The Habs not getting rid of the GM/coach the day after the regular season. I think the quicker we get rid of Gauthier the better. You want to give the new guy maximum time to bring in his guy(s) to prepare for the draft/free agency.
5. Someone forgets to buy out/get rid of Gomez.
Bold above. You can only go down one spot. Learn your ****.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote