HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All Purpose Alexander Radulov Thread v1.0 (UPD: Does not have to clear waivers)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-07-2012, 12:20 PM
  #351
Russian Spy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tserberis View Post
Why not, aren't you Russian?
Never heard about players been abused to terminate their contracts?
Neve heard about "откат"?
Come on, I grew up there, you grew up there, we know how its done.
Well, i'm not technicaly Russian but now i live here and watch Ufa almost every home game live and most KHL games away on the TV

Yes i know that all these happens but i don't think that it's a case in sport especialy hockey which in my opinion head and shoulders above any sports here in Russia.

Yes i know that i can give some money to road inspector and he realease me if i've forgotten my car licence at home and such little things but i don't believe that someone in a healthy mind can leave Radu from being in Olympic squad in Sochi and i don't realy believe this happens in hockey a lot of players go back and forth (KHL-NHL) they are probably free to do it we don't live in communist country you know all these guys even ones that play in KHL have estates in Western Europe or in NA they live and work for whatever they want to and wherever they want to

anyway in Sochi there will be the best squad possible on the ice doesnt matter which league player came from

Russian Spy is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 01:26 PM
  #352
token grinder
formerly sirryan189
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Franklin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,158
vCash: 500
I am not saying Radulov had anyof this happen, but sketchy things do happen over there. If they didn't, Malkin wouldn't have disappeared in the middle of the night and land in a foreign country to come to US

token grinder is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 01:29 PM
  #353
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 13,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
Completely agree. I don't think the payoff is worth the potential risk. And frankly, I don't feel this organization owes him anything at this point. He can come over and fulfill his contract next season, with a full off-season and training camp, or he can GTFO. Poile already has his hands full pandering to the team's supposed leaders without worrying about integrating the prima donna Russian as well.
as much as i feel the same way in my gut, I also realize pro sports are full of amazingly talented primmadonna d-bags, and this team could really use one right about now, so if the players in the locker room are ok with him coming back, so am I...

PredsV82 is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 01:32 PM
  #354
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 2,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I am not saying Radulov had anyof this happen, but sketchy things do happen over there. If they didn't, Malkin wouldn't have disappeared in the middle of the night and land in a foreign country to come to US

whoa

deetz plz

Nitrous Mafia is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 01:38 PM
  #355
MrJoshua
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Decatur, AL
Posts: 401
vCash: 500
Does the team NEED him? No. Would they be a better team with a player of his caliber added? Most likely. Would he help them go deeper in the playoffs? Impossible to say. But the kid could score last time he was here, and I see no reason to think he wouldn't be just as capable of putting the puck in the net now. That's a nice skill to have in the NHL.

MrJoshua is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 01:38 PM
  #356
tserberis*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian Spy View Post
Well, i'm not technicaly Russian but now i live here and watch Ufa almost every home game live and most KHL games away on the TV

Yes i know that all these happens but i don't think that it's a case in sport especialy hockey which in my opinion head and shoulders above any sports here in Russia.

Yes i know that i can give some money to road inspector and he realease me if i've forgotten my car licence at home and such little things but i don't believe that someone in a healthy mind can leave Radu from being in Olympic squad in Sochi and i don't realy believe this happens in hockey a lot of players go back and forth (KHL-NHL) they are probably free to do it we don't live in communist country you know all these guys even ones that play in KHL have estates in Western Europe or in NA they live and work for whatever they want to and wherever they want to

anyway in Sochi there will bШe the best squad possible on the ice doesnt matter which league player came from
Yeah, communism is long gone.
They ( players) can do what ever they want. Have real estates and such.

But Russia now became all about corruption and team sports is perfect money laundering industry.

If the KHL would like to keep their stars there, they already stated " we will pay them what they want just to keep them in our League."

And when Rads go for NHL it is in full their power not to call him to Sochi games. They hold the cards there. I don't think they would, but it is possible.

tserberis* is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 01:39 PM
  #357
utmfisher19
Registered User
 
utmfisher19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Nashville, Tn
Country: United States
Posts: 935
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
whoa

deetz plz
most links from the story back then are dead, but here is a good recap quoting all the links:


http://www.tribemagazine.com/board/s...ning-camp.html

utmfisher19 is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 04:14 PM
  #358
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 2,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by utmfisher19 View Post
most links from the story back then are dead, but here is a good recap quoting all the links:


http://www.tribemagazine.com/board/s...ning-camp.html

thanks!

very cool read but reading that does piss me off that pitt was able to get all those allsum picks/players just for sucking for a long time.


Nitrous Mafia is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 05:23 PM
  #359
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 13,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
thanks!

very cool read but reading that does piss me off that pitt was able to get all those allsum picks/players just for sucking for a long time.

and on top of that they got the #1 pick that gave them Crosby by a (supposedly) random draw....

Chicago did the same thing....

many Preds fans have lamented that we never sucked badly enough to have multiple top 3 picks... would have definitely changed the franchise's history if we had drafted Heatley, Kovalchuk or Ovechkin... (of course trotz would have made them all two way forwards)

PredsV82 is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 06:27 PM
  #360
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,594
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
and on top of that they got the #1 pick that gave them Crosby by a (supposedly) random draw....

Chicago did the same thing....

many Preds fans have lamented that we never sucked badly enough to have multiple top 3 picks... would have definitely changed the franchise's history if we had drafted Heatley, Kovalchuk or Ovechkin... (of course trotz would have made them all two way forwards)
I always think about what would have happened even if we got Lecavalier instead of Legwand. Nashville was set to pick 1st overall that draft, but we lost the draft lottery and had to pick 2nd.

We just got unlucky that during our building years, the 1st round drafts were terrible compared to now. Legwand + Finley vs Kane + Toews

Paranoid Android is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 07:12 PM
  #361
Cashville
RIP Lindback
 
Cashville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 3,087
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
whoa

deetz plz
Haha I went in reading his later link thinking he left in the middle of the night because Putin / mafia / etc. were like threatening to kill him or do something bad if he left Russia.

Cashville is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 08:34 PM
  #362
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 2,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I always think about what would have happened even if we got Lecavalier instead of Legwand. Nashville was set to pick 1st overall that draft, but we lost the draft lottery and had to pick 2nd.

We just got unlucky that during our building years, the 1st round drafts were terrible compared to now. Legwand + Finley vs Kane + Toews
or

malkin + crosby + staal


::: chugs jameson :::

edit:


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashville View Post
Haha I went in reading his later link thinking he left in the middle of the night because Putin / mafia / etc. were like threatening to kill him or do something bad if he left Russia.

It's never said outright but it's certainly implied.

And, throughout some of those comments, they talk about other players, albeit from another decade and different era but it did happen.


Last edited by Nitrous Mafia: 03-07-2012 at 08:47 PM.
Nitrous Mafia is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 09:02 PM
  #363
Enoch
This is my boomstick
 
Enoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Cookeville TN
Country: United States
Posts: 12,525
vCash: 500
The penguins also had fleury number one overall and don't forget their misses like Ryan Whitney at 5th overall

Enoch is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 09:54 PM
  #364
Zine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post


It's never said outright but it's certainly implied.

And, throughout some of those comments, they talk about other players, albeit from another decade and different era but it did happen.
North American media turned the Malkin situation like a cold war-like James Bond story.....it made for a good media.

The fact that Malkin returns to Magnitogorsk every year, his parent live there and he's still friendly with Gennady Velichkin (the evil Metallurg GM) shows Malkin was never in any real danger.

Zine is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 11:59 PM
  #365
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain
 
kypredsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,539
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Watching the game they showed Ufa's bench and I had a wait a minute that isn't who I think it is? moment and yes it was none other than Antii Pihlstrom in the flesh.
Pihlstrom is on Rad's team??? That's pretty sweet. I remember him being a little ball of speed but that's about it. Had cool hair too.

kypredsfan is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 01:46 AM
  #366
Ziostilon
Registered User
 
Ziostilon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,389
vCash: 500
Does the KHL season end when the team's playoffs are over

i remember reading in Dave King's book that they had post-season workouts & training. But that was back in the RSL, now its KHL, so things could be different now

Radulov has played in this year's EHT games for Russia already. He only missed the recent one because he was resting.

Don't know why they'd need him to participate in this year's WC, when its in Sweden/Finland.

If they really needed to scout and analyze him, they would've done all that in those EHT games. When he's playing 1st line with Shirokov.

Ziostilon is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 01:51 AM
  #367
Ziostilon
Registered User
 
Ziostilon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,389
vCash: 500
wonder what are the chances he keeps his green gloves. if the NHL or the club would let him continue wearing it.

He wore it during the Olympics.


Ziostilon is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 02:00 AM
  #368
Nitrous Mafia
Registered User
 
Nitrous Mafia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: On Lot
Country: United States
Posts: 2,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
North American media turned the Malkin situation like a cold war-like James Bond story.....it made for a good media.

The fact that Malkin returns to Magnitogorsk every year, his parent live there and he's still friendly with Gennady Velichkin (the evil Metallurg GM) shows Malkin was never in any real danger.

Everything is hindsight now but imagine he hadn't been as successful over here, would he still be able to return? Now he's a bonafide star but if he hadn't been as successful and well loved in Pitt....

Nitrous Mafia is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 08:57 AM
  #369
Zine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brah View Post
Everything is hindsight now but imagine he hadn't been as successful over here, would he still be able to return? Now he's a bonafide star but if he hadn't been as successful and well loved in Pitt....
What makes you think he wouldn't have been? Seriously, don't fall prey to stereotypes based on 20+ years ago.

Zine is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 09:28 AM
  #370
token grinder
formerly sirryan189
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Franklin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,158
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
What makes you think he wouldn't have been? Seriously, don't fall prey to stereotypes based on 20+ years ago.


why did he have to defect rather than hop a plane over here.

and this wasn't 20 years ago. this was waht 2005, 2006 or so?

token grinder is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 11:16 AM
  #371
Snipeshow
Registered User
 
Snipeshow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Newmarket, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziostilon View Post
wonder what are the chances he keeps his green gloves. if the NHL or the club would let him continue wearing it.

He wore it during the Olympics.

No, there are rules in the NHL against that.

Snipeshow is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 12:06 PM
  #372
sighthndlady
Registered User
 
sighthndlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 346
vCash: 500
When is the next playoff game?

sighthndlady is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 12:38 PM
  #373
tserberis*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,597
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sighthndlady View Post
When is the next playoff game?
Tomorrow

tserberis* is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 01:15 PM
  #374
Zine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 8,836
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
why did he have to defect rather than hop a plane over here.

and this wasn't 20 years ago. this was waht 2005, 2006 or so?
That you think Malkin actually had to defect proves my point.
It's in line with the media using words like 'safehouse' 'freedom' and 'international cold war incident'.

Yet despite all these 'threats' against Malkin, isn't it funny that guy's back in Russia the minute the NHL season ends (2007 WC).
But of course the mafia would've killed his family if he didn't return, right? Didn't you know that's why Radulov's in the KHL too.


I'm not gonna get off topic here....but sometimes the ignorance, sensationalism and stereotyping people have is just silly.

Zine is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 02:16 PM
  #375
lstcyr
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 1,972
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zine View Post
I'm not gonna get off topic here....but sometimes the ignorance, sensationalism and stereotyping people have is just silly.
Heck, we stereotype the people in our own country why not the other countries?

lstcyr is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.