HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Injury Talk 5.0: Diaz and Bourque out with concussions

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-07-2012, 01:49 PM
  #26
HarlemsFinest
teh gallys!!1
 
HarlemsFinest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs4life74 View Post
Leblanc and Enqvist sent down. What does this mean?
means nothing, just part of the organization's impulse to make daily roster moves. they will both be called up again in 6 hours.

HarlemsFinest is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 02:06 PM
  #27
habitue*
 
habitue*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,252
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarlemsFinest View Post
means nothing, just part of the organization's impulse to make daily roster moves. they will both be called up again in 6 hours.


Air Canada or WestJet must ne really happy !


Doesn't make ****ing sense...

I guess our most dearly Gomez and Palushaj are on their way to Edmonton.

habitue* is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 02:06 PM
  #28
Markowicz
Simple Jacques
 
Markowicz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,030
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
He's right. We have to test out Markov this year to make sure we have our best D at 100% next season. It's too risky going into this year without seeing him play before one of the biggest summers in our history. If we go into next year and something isn't right, we go through all this again.
Couldn't agree more. And if he comes back soon, he'll be playing in really tough games against hungry opposition, so what better way to see if he can handle it. It would also be great for the fans to have something to look forward to next year, if he comes back and plays well this year. There needs to be optimism about something besides a first round pick.

Markowicz is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 02:11 PM
  #29
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,366
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
Couldn't agree more. And if he comes back soon, he'll be playing in really tough games against hungry opposition, so what better way to see if he can handle it. It would also be great for the fans to have something to look forward to next year, if he comes back and plays well this year. There needs to be optimism about something besides a first round pick.
Only people who are happy with mediocrity would say that!!!

JK.

We need to see how Markov can play. It will influence whether or not the habs go out and spend cap and roster space on an insurance policy for him. If he's ready to go and shows he's as good as ever, no need to look for an attempted replacement, or a defense that could help shoulder the burden.

If he's not as good as he once was, then the habs know that he needs to be replaced and to what extent he needs to be replaced(whether internally or externally:via trade or UFA signing).

Andy is online now  
Old
03-07-2012, 02:17 PM
  #30
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Only people who are happy with mediocrity would say that!!!

JK.

We need to see how Markov can play. It will influence whether or not the habs go out and spend cap and roster space on an insurance policy for him. If he's ready to go and shows he's as good as ever, no need to look for an attempted replacement, or a defense that could help shoulder the burden.

If he's not as good as he once was, then the habs know that he needs to be replaced and to what extent he needs to be replaced(whether internally or externally:via trade or UFA signing).
Whether Markov plays well or not, it shouldn't influence anything.

We can't trust this guy to be healthy. It's that simple. Plan around him and hope for the best. If he plays 82 games you're that much better. If not, you're prepared. We have to assume that he's going to be hurt. We should've done this a long time ago.

Lafleurs Guy is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 08:59 PM
  #31
Hullois
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Québec
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,406
vCash: 500
http://www.cyberpresse.ca/sports/hoc...7_accueil_POS1


Quote:
Même s'il n'y a encore aucune date de retour ciblée, on sent qu'Andrei Markov s'approche sérieusement d'un retour à la compétition.
Markov "seriously" close to a come back... Reading the article, it feels like Markov could be back for Monday or Wednesday next week. Would be awesome, I have tickets for the Friday game in Ott. Markov live please!!!

Hullois is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 09:21 PM
  #32
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Whether Markov plays well or not, it shouldn't influence anything.

We can't trust this guy to be healthy. It's that simple. Plan around him and hope for the best. If he plays 82 games you're that much better. If not, you're prepared. We have to assume that he's going to be hurt. We should've done this a long time ago.
Pittsburgh can't trust Crosby's health but i'm sure they are glad to have him back in the lineup any time they can.

It's one thing to not being able to count on a guy for 82 games, quite another to get ZERO games.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 09:53 PM
  #33
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,996
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Pittsburgh can't trust Crosby's health but i'm sure they are glad to have him back in the lineup any time they can.

It's one thing to not being able to count on a guy for 82 games, quite another to get ZERO games.
Pittsburgh has depth at center. They have a number one guy who can step in. We don't have the depth they do. We have Subban and uh, that's about it.

Again, if he comes back... great. But we've got to assume he's not healthy.

Lafleurs Guy is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 09:58 PM
  #34
Andy
Registered User
 
Andy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,366
vCash: 500
Can't wait until Markov comes back!! Whoo hoo!

Andy is online now  
Old
03-07-2012, 11:46 PM
  #35
Talks to Goalposts
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Pittsburgh has depth at center. They have a number one guy who can step in. We don't have the depth they do. We have Subban and uh, that's about it.

Again, if he comes back... great. But we've got to assume he's not healthy.
Unfortunately its one thing to say you have to be prepared to be without Markov and quite another one to actually be prepared for it. Replacement Markovs aren't easy to find.

They were doing pretty well with the combination of Hamrlik-Wisniewski together giving an approximation of his value but even finding two guys like that isn't an easy proposition. It would have been 9 million in salary for the two of them this year. And from the list of upcoming UFA's it doesn't look like even the equivalent of the two of them is available this season unless a Suter miracle happens. Maybe if you land two of Garrison/Carle/Jackman, which I kinda doubt would happen. They'd only really have the summer cap space to do that if there is an amnesty buyout and they use it both on Gomez and Kaberle. If the solution to Gomez is Hamilton/Europe then the summer cap will prevent using Markov's LTIR to get anyone for the upcoming year.

Realistically rolling the dice on Markov may be the most likely bet to get a strong blueline next season.

Talks to Goalposts is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 06:13 AM
  #36
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003
 
The n00b King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Pittsburgh has depth at center. They have a number one guy who can step in. We don't have the depth they do. We have Subban and uh, that's about it.

Again, if he comes back... great. But we've got to assume he's not healthy.
Actually...If Pittsburgh didn't have the beast known as Malkin, they wouldn't be anywhere near where they are. They may be "deep" at center, but they have nothing on the wings.

But alas, there's only one Malkin...if that guy went down, the Pens may as well throw in the towel.

The n00b King is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 06:53 AM
  #37
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 30,629
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
Unfortunately its one thing to say you have to be prepared to be without Markov and quite another one to actually be prepared for it. Replacement Markovs aren't easy to find.

They were doing pretty well with the combination of Hamrlik-Wisniewski together giving an approximation of his value but even finding two guys like that isn't an easy proposition. It would have been 9 million in salary for the two of them this year. And from the list of upcoming UFA's it doesn't look like even the equivalent of the two of them is available this season unless a Suter miracle happens. Maybe if you land two of Garrison/Carle/Jackman, which I kinda doubt would happen. They'd only really have the summer cap space to do that if there is an amnesty buyout and they use it both on Gomez and Kaberle. If the solution to Gomez is Hamilton/Europe then the summer cap will prevent using Markov's LTIR to get anyone for the upcoming year.

Realistically rolling the dice on Markov may be the most likely bet to get a strong blueline next season.
I think in order for the blueline to take a big step forward next year...

1-Markov has to come back this year and show he is healthy and still has it, wether the last 8-10 NHL games or WC's.

2-We need to sign a top stay at home/shutdown type d-man like Jackman Allen Grossman who can play 19-22 minutes a night.

I think Subban will take a step forward next year, he had a bit of a setback this year but has played much better the last 12-15 games. Emelin and Diaz would be #5-6, both played bigger roles this year and should be ready to step up in case of injuries with a year NHL under their belt. That would give us a strong top 6 with Weber as #7(or St.Denis).

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 08:10 AM
  #38
HabsSlappy
Registered User
 
HabsSlappy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,106
vCash: 500
I think people are forgetting how good Markov was. If he can be 90% of his former self, then he will probably be the best defenseman on this team.

I remember stats of W-L with and without Markov in the lineup and the disparity was ridiculous.
This is a decent article showing what Markov can do.
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=42201

Lets just hope that he can be the Markov we used to have and that he can stay healthy.

HabsSlappy is online now  
Old
03-08-2012, 08:13 AM
  #39
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 33,345
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The n00b King View Post
Actually...If Pittsburgh didn't have the beast known as Malkin, they wouldn't be anywhere near where they are. They may be "deep" at center, but they have nothing on the wings.

But alas, there's only one Malkin...if that guy went down, the Pens may as well throw in the towel.
That James Neal guy is pretty good too.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 08:36 AM
  #40
PunkinDrublic*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sutton,Qc-Sudbury,On
Posts: 8,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
That James Neal guy is pretty good too.
PP of Letang-Staal Crosby-Malkin-Neal Wow, just Wow !

PunkinDrublic* is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 01:05 PM
  #41
White Spy
Spy vs Blades
 
White Spy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 949
vCash: 500
Markov not at practice this morning according to TSN 990

White Spy is online now  
Old
03-08-2012, 01:07 PM
  #42
HomaridII
Registered User
 
HomaridII's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Montreal, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,779
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitespy View Post
Markov not at practice this morning according to TSN 990
He has the flu as per twitter.

HomaridII is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 01:07 PM
  #43
PyrettaBlaze*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,264
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitespy View Post
Markov not at practice this morning according to TSN 990
He has the flu.

CanadiensMTL:
Andrei Markov a raté l'entraînement de jeudi en raison d'un virus. / Andrei Markov missed Thursday's practice with the flu.

PyrettaBlaze* is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 01:12 PM
  #44
White Spy
Spy vs Blades
 
White Spy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 949
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
He has the flu as per twitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
He has the flu.

CanadiensMTL:
Andrei Markov a raté l'entraînement de jeudi en raison d'un virus. / Andrei Markov missed Thursday's practice with the flu.
Few! This crazy story has gotta stop! lol Happy it's not anything else.

White Spy is online now  
Old
03-08-2012, 01:12 PM
  #45
akratique
Registered User
 
akratique's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Bhutan
Posts: 218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
He has the flu.

CanadiensMTL:
Andrei Markov a raté l'entraînement de jeudi en raison d'un virus. / Andrei Markov missed Thursday's practice with the flu.
Gauthier...

akratique is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 01:23 PM
  #46
Issacar
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 943
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Whether Markov plays well or not, it shouldn't influence anything.

We can't trust this guy to be healthy. It's that simple. Plan around him and hope for the best. If he plays 82 games you're that much better. If not, you're prepared. We have to assume that he's going to be hurt. We should've done this a long time ago.
Agreed, Gauthier's mistake was not to sign Markov. His mistake was to not have a backup plan. I would have re-signed Markov, Hamrlik and Wisneski. Like that it would have had offered us the depth to compensate for Markov while he is out (turns out it was over 80% of the season) and we would have had assets to trade away once he get back (Wisnieski would have pulled in at least the 2nd round pick we offered to acquire him).

Issacar is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 01:29 PM
  #47
Kriss E
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 23,687
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
Unfortunately its one thing to say you have to be prepared to be without Markov and quite another one to actually be prepared for it. Replacement Markovs aren't easy to find.

They were doing pretty well with the combination of Hamrlik-Wisniewski together giving an approximation of his value but even finding two guys like that isn't an easy proposition. It would have been 9 million in salary for the two of them this year. And from the list of upcoming UFA's it doesn't look like even the equivalent of the two of them is available this season unless a Suter miracle happens. Maybe if you land two of Garrison/Carle/Jackman, which I kinda doubt would happen. They'd only really have the summer cap space to do that if there is an amnesty buyout and they use it both on Gomez and Kaberle. If the solution to Gomez is Hamilton/Europe then the summer cap will prevent using Markov's LTIR to get anyone for the upcoming year.

Realistically rolling the dice on Markov may be the most likely bet to get a strong blueline next season.
Wouldn't that be what an active and good GM would do though? Find a way to fix that obvious problem?
It did, on some level, cost us our season. We cannot go into next year with the same D squad, that would be retarded. So, we need to address that issue.
I know it's difficult to replace Markov. Even PK doesn't quite cut it, but we have to bring in someone. We can't plan around Markov anymore.

Kriss E is online now  
Old
03-08-2012, 01:32 PM
  #48
CGG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: 416
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,248
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
Agreed, Gauthier's mistake was not to sign Markov. His mistake was to not have a backup plan. I would have re-signed Markov, Hamrlik and Wisneski. Like that it would have had offered us the depth to compensate for Markov while he is out (turns out it was over 80% of the season) and we would have had assets to trade away once he get back (Wisnieski would have pulled in at least the 2nd round pick we offered to acquire him).
You can't sign Wiz to a 6-year $33 million contract and then trade him 8 months later for a 2nd round pick. Do you think anyone was willing to take that gross contract off the Blue Jackets last month? Heck no. No one was interested in picking up Hamrlik with another year at $3.5 million left either. Plus, we would have been way over the salary cap under that brilliant plan, so signing Cole wouldn't have happened.

CGG is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 01:33 PM
  #49
llamateizer
Registered User
 
llamateizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country:
Posts: 5,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
He has the flu.

CanadiensMTL:
Andrei Markov a raté l'entraînement de jeudi en raison d'un virus. / Andrei Markov missed Thursday's practice with the flu.
He must be with his doctor in Edmonton!!!

llamateizer is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 01:35 PM
  #50
llamateizer
Registered User
 
llamateizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Country:
Posts: 5,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issacar View Post
Agreed, Gauthier's mistake was not to sign Markov. His mistake was to not have a backup plan. I would have re-signed Markov, Hamrlik and Wisneski. Like that it would have had offered us the depth to compensate for Markov while he is out (turns out it was over 80% of the season) and we would have had assets to trade away once he get back (Wisnieski would have pulled in at least the 2nd round pick we offered to acquire him).
So no Emelin and no Diaz?

llamateizer is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.