HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Even More Crap from Jack...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-08-2012, 01:56 PM
  #26
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses
 
Habs 4 Life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Italy
Posts: 32,911
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I have to laugh at constantly bringing up the fact that Gauthier could not tell Gill or Spacek where they were going before the deal was finalized. Yeah he should be classy like a lot of teams and let players find out on TSN or Twitter that they have been traded...

I'm surprised Gauthier has yet to be blamed for the robocall scandal. he's been blamed for every other problem recently.
When Pierre Gauthier is hired by another NHL team, you can follow him there as well

The guy is horrible and not what this franchise needs going forward

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 02:03 PM
  #27
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger
 
MasterDecoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beijing
Posts: 9,696
vCash: 1707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I have to laugh at constantly bringing up the fact that Gauthier could not tell Gill or Spacek where they were going before the deal was finalized. Yeah he should be classy like a lot of teams and let players find out on TSN or Twitter that they have been traded...

I'm surprised Gauthier has yet to be blamed for the robocall scandal. he's been blamed for every other problem recently.
talking about gauthier, you can have an argument that his trades were good, or his trades were bad, but you CANNOT, have an argument that they have been handled in a professional, respectful way.

from cammy being traded mid-game, to chosing cunneyworth as coach, to gill not even having a good-bye press-conference, this automaton, has consistently understated the importance of the human element in his job.

argue his trades? ok. argue how he made those trades? no ****ing way...

MasterDecoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 02:42 PM
  #28
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,217
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Our resident "sewer rat" is at it again. I'm not posting the link because I don't want him to get the traffic.

As much as I hate the job Gauthier has done, Todd again lowers himself to the gutters to make a point. This time using the illness of Jean Beliveau to trash Gauthier.

I'm no fan of Gauthier's but to drag Beliveau into this (esp considering the timing of it) to try to make a point is disgraceful. Once again, Todd oversteps the bourdaries of good taste and turns this into a personal attack.

Some of his criticisms (I edited out the rest of the article) may be valid but Jack Todd's lack of journalistic professionalism overshadows any valid points that he tries to make. I've said it before and I'll say it again. He is an embarassment to the city of Montreal. He is an embarassment to his own newspaper. He is an embarassment to journalism himself. As much as I think PG needs to be fired, Jack Todd should come first. His writing is absolute garbage.
I think you are grasping on this one, his article wasn't bad at all this time around.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 02:48 PM
  #29
Lafleurs Guy
Registered User
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 20,330
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
I think you are grasping on this one, his article wasn't bad at all this time around.
Well, he didn't call anyone a "sewer rat" so I guess that's a step up for him.

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 03:03 PM
  #30
Habsterix*
@Habsterix
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Our resident "sewer rat" is at it again. I'm not posting the link because I don't want him to get the traffic.

As much as I hate the job Gauthier has done, Todd again lowers himself to the gutters to make a point. This time using the illness of Jean Beliveau to trash Gauthier.

I'm no fan of Gauthier's but to drag Beliveau into this (esp considering the timing of it) to try to make a point is disgraceful. Once again, Todd oversteps the bourdaries of good taste and turns this into a personal attack.

Some of his criticisms (I edited out the rest of the article) may be valid but Jack Todd's lack of journalistic professionalism overshadows any valid points that he tries to make. I've said it before and I'll say it again. He is an embarassment to the city of Montreal. He is an embarassment to his own newspaper. He is an embarassment to journalism himself. As much as I think PG needs to be fired, Jack Todd should come first. His writing is absolute garbage.
While I'm not excusing Todd over the Fleury article, I find that people should grow a thicker skin instead of looking for fleas everywhere and in every word.

Here's the link, as I feel it's only fair, if you're going to bash the guy and open a topic on it, to provide the link if, for nothing else, copyrights alone: http://www.montrealgazette.com/sport...270/story.html

I personally see nothing wrong with this article. Yes, he does mix the story of Beliveau into his story on Gauthier, but it's to prove his point. The focus of the article in question is about class and respect. In his opinion, he's showing the two extremes.

Like him or not, Todd isn't wrong on that, in my opinion of course.

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 03:10 PM
  #31
24Cups
Registered User
 
24Cups's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 1,151
vCash: 500
With the exception of his pieces lambasting Brochu, Lorria, and his pee-wee son-in-law, Todd has always been a hack. It's not difficult to see why fellow hack Tremblay and he don't like Gauthier. Say all the silly things you want to about Gauthier but he doesn't bow down to them. They're used to the old school lazy way of getting a story: waiting until someone calls them and unloads. I bet these two don't even have a twitter account, not that anyone would want to follow them.

24Cups is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 03:14 PM
  #32
Young Gun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1,245
vCash: 500
Could have omitted the Béliveau part, the pg part is about right, could have added BG to this PG part as well.
Never in my GD 42 yrs of habs, have i ever seen the crap management of those two.

Young Gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 03:20 PM
  #33
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
I have to laugh at constantly bringing up the fact that Gauthier could not tell Gill or Spacek where they were going before the deal was finalized. Yeah he should be classy like a lot of teams and let players find out on TSN or Twitter that they have been traded...

I'm surprised Gauthier has yet to be blamed for the robocall scandal. he's been blamed for every other problem recently.
Wow, you still can't get your mind around this can you?

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 04:27 PM
  #34
1UP
Registered User
 
1UP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,907
vCash: 500
Bringing Béliveau, class incarnate, who is in the hospital, into an ad hominem attack, is pretty terrible. I'd ask what was Todd thinking, but I think he stopped doing that a long time ago.

Tremblay had more class in his hatchet job dammit. Says a lot.

1UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 06:00 PM
  #35
icerocket
Registered User
 
icerocket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Atlantis
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,307
vCash: 500
Oh my god. There is nothing wrong with Todd's article. I swear some of you have such an irrational hatred of everything the media does.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 06:23 PM
  #36
coolasprICE
Registered User
 
coolasprICE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,405
vCash: 500
I don't have a problem with Jack Todd nor with what he said.

why?
















I don't read what Jack Todd writes........

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:11 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.