HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Soft

Old
03-08-2012, 08:45 PM
Sabreality

vCash: 50
U: Leo & Ennis parting seas on Boychuks goal...way to sell out guys

Sabreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 08:45 PM
omglolnub

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods View Post
Fail for Nail.
Tank for Grigorenk (o).
Suck for Galchenyuk.

this loss is all part of the plan

to draft 13th again

omglolnub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 08:46 PM
SabresBillsBuffalo

I just want Lindy gone so bad.

SabresBillsBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 08:47 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

G-
Enroth, the kind of game I was hoping for from him.
Leino wasn't perfect but a nice game
Sulzer with another nice game
Ellis

B-
Bad passes
Ehrhoff

U-
Lucic
Is Vanek injured?

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 08:47 PM
Fly Boy
Aye Sir!

Screw it, im outta it. Imma go make some new ******* new friends.

edit: Come the **** on though, get it together

Last edited by Fly Boy: 03-08-2012 at 08:53 PM.
Fly Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 08:48 PM
Dubi Doo

This one hurts...

Dubi Doo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Royisgone

The frustrating thing for me is that I see this team in need of a massive makeover, with many key changes. Yet I firmly believe Darcy and Lindy are going nowhere, and therefore, those key changes which must occur probably will not. We are sort of stuck in a rut now and one fast way to get out of that is to start over with a new GM and coach of that new GM's choosing.

And yet this will not happen! This leaves little room for hope, and likely a lot of quiet games yet again next year at FNC. UGGGHHH.

Royisgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 08:51 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roymustgo View Post
Take a step back and study the forest for a moment. Forget about the trees. This team as it is currently set will never do anything in the playoffs. Ever. That's just the way it is.

Who thought we had a chance to win tonight after Boston went up by 1 in the third? Or after they went up by 2? It's like we are always fighting an uphill battle. Reminds me of much of our recent west coast trip, despite the fact we won all those games! We were just totally outmatched particularly late in those games and absolutely shelled.

Who would actually argue this team can march through a 4 series playoff war and win the cup? Who even thinks we are a few key acquisitions away from being that team? We are 5 or 6 key players away from the promised land.

For my 3,000th post I would just like to agree with your post. And hope wont be renewed until they get a GM who understands the concept of contact sports.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 08:57 PM
Lucbourdon
Kefka cheers for Van

How is Sulzer doing, I always had him pegged as underrated by our fans.

Solid player

Lucbourdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 08:58 PM
Fly Boy
Aye Sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play4Miracles View Post
For my 3,000th post I would just like to agree with your post. And hope wont be renewed until they get a GM who understands the concept of contact sports.
Like your 3,000th post matters to anybody. Seriously what is up your butt? It was a loss, happens from time to time, especially against superior teams.

Old
03-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Royisgone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post

Solid player
Sulzer, so far, has been Steady Eddie. He keeps it simple and plays a quiet game that is hard to notice, which is a good thing for him. Doesn't make bad decisions, doesn't turn over the puck, makes pretty good breakout passes most of the time. Defensively, he already looks superior to Gragnani, who was a turnover machine for us.

Old
03-08-2012, 09:06 PM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Boy View Post
Like your 3,000th post matters to anybody. Seriously what is up your butt? It was a loss, happens from time to time, especially against superior teams.
You're mean and insensitive!

I'm getting frustrated because I like to watch hockey games in which my team is the tougher team. Not always better on every night, but always tougher. This has likely provoked too much estrogen and I am lashing out to stay in balance. Any more Lady Bingers on the team and I will get a sex change!

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Fly Boy
Aye Sir!

Quote:

I'm getting frustrated because I like to watch hockey games in which my team is the tougher team. Not always better on every night, but always tougher. This has likely provoked too much estrogen and I am lashing out to stay in balance. Any more Lady Bingers on the team and I will get a sex change!
Eh, forget about about it, Archer!

Old
03-08-2012, 09:11 PM
Presten

vCash: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal System Ehrhoff View Post
Misleading stat: Ennis -3
I still think he (or Leo) should have blocked the 2nd goal, but maybe thats just because I feel that I deserve that kind of effort staying up 'till ~4 am - watching every game. I kinda think this team needs a Callahan - and a d-coach with the same mentality as Torts.

Presten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:20 PM
Royisgone

Has anyone noticed how freaking BAD our power play has been for much of Ruff's reign? It's amazing what this guy gets away with. Someone in the game day thread mentioned our PP was embarrassing. It's worse than that. How does Lindy keep his job? And it's not about whether he is a good coach or a bad coach anyway. It is more about his time here being over. Unfortunately, I think Pegula is about 3 years away from realizing that.

Old
03-08-2012, 09:22 PM
slip

Quote:

But, Buffalo hasn't been the tougher team since the Rob Conn and Teddy Nolan years?

slip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Fan-of-#9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucbourdon View Post

Solid player
Pleasantly surprised by Sulzer so far. He's been steady, and he even rang one of the pipe last game. It was a very nice shot, just missed by an inch or two.

Hodgson on the other hand, has struggled quite a bit since his sparkling debut. He's basically regressed in every game since he got here, and tonight he was a difference-maker (for the opposition). Sure, Ehrhoff made a weak pass into his skates, but he could have made a better play with the puck. That completely changed the complexion of the game.

The coaching staff has some work to do with Cody. For his confidence's sake, I really hope he can get on the scoresheet sooner rather than later.

Fan-of-#9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:36 PM
Montag DP
Sabres fan in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan-of-#9 View Post
The coaching staff has some work to do with Cody. For his confidence's sake, I really hope he can get on the scoresheet sooner rather than later.
Or is that actually the problem?

Montag DP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:51 PM
slip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montag DP View Post
Or is that actually the problem?
Like other posters have noted, the long schedule on the back of overcoming a bad injury last year while being shipped across the continent probably impacted the kid's performance/psyche.

slip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Montag DP
Sabres fan in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post
Like other posters have noted, the long schedule on the back of overcoming a bad injury last year while being shipped across the continent probably impacted the kid's performance/psyche.
It makes sense, and I certainly hope that's it. So how long do you give him before that is no longer an excuse?

Old
03-08-2012, 10:05 PM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Looked like a tired team on the tail end of A) a long road trip, B) three games in four nights, and C) playing on the road the night after a home game against D) a great team.

I don't know why everyone is so surprised and shocked. Not like they could possibly be expected to win this game more than 1 time in 3 or 4.

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:06 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montag DP View Post
It makes sense, and I certainly hope that's it. So how long do you give him before that is no longer an excuse?
I'll give a 22 year old rookie the rest of the season, plus 10-12 games into next season before having a confident strong opinion of him. So far I give the rookie breathing room, just like I give Tropp, McNabb, Adam, Kassian (when he was here), and all other rookies.

Some on here aren't so willing to see the development happen, and want quick results. Bad choice.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:07 PM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Unrelated side-note: are they ever going to call clutch/grab/hook penalties again? Like, ever?

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:11 PM
Moskau

vCash: 67
Miller's recent play has masked the fact that the team has been playing just as bad if not worse since they started winning some games as they have all year.

The offense sucks, the defense is inconsistent, the powerplay sucks and the penalty kill is inconsistent. That's a bad Hockey team. In fact their offense has somehow regressed considerably through the season. This is the worst performing group of forwards that I can remember since I started watching the Sabres. At least the later Muckler teams knew how to give and receive a pass. And they worked hard. It just feels like this team has no system or game plan. We score most of our goals through sheer brute force. Blindly throwing the puck on net, a few tipped point shots, some Pominville slapshots and the occasional Stafford wrister are about all we're good for.

The coaching staff has to go.

Moskau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:12 PM
Montag DP
Sabres fan in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
I'll give a 22 year old rookie the rest of the season, plus 10-12 games into next season before having a confident strong opinion of him. So far I give the rookie breathing room, just like I give Tropp, McNabb, Adam, Kassian (when he was here), and all other rookies.

Some on here aren't so willing to see the development happen, and want quick results. Bad choice.
I'm fully willing to wait for players to develop, as long as positive development is actually going to happen. It seems like these promising young players, with a few notable exceptions, regress once they get here.