HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Will Tkachuk be traded?

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2006, 02:34 PM
ForsbergForever
Red Rocket

vCash: 500
Will Tkachuk be traded?

With St. Louis practically garanteed a 30/30 finish, will Keith Tkachuk, the team's last remaining star be traded by the deadline? He's missed 40 games this season due to groin, rib and hand injuries but has still manged to put up great numbers in the few games he has played (13-9-9-18). His salary is $7.6M this year but only $5.7M counts towards the cap, so he could make a definite impact on a playoff bound team for the stretch run so long as that team has some spare buget room. The question is who's interested and has the cash available?

Old
02-05-2006, 02:39 PM
Dropkick Alex

I believe IrishBlues (Blues moderator, or I think so, I get him/her confused with the NYR moderator) said early, that Keith really likes it in St. Louis and wants to stay. If that's the case I could only see him leaving if he feels as if it's best for him and the Blues organization.

Old
02-05-2006, 03:13 PM
rocketpop

When asked about the trade rumors recently, he basically told the reporter to get over it, that he wasn't going to waive his no trade clause...

I'll try to find the link.

Old
02-05-2006, 03:17 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketpop
When asked about the trade rumors recently, he basically told the reporter to get over it, that he wasn't going to waive his no trade clause...

I can understand his not wanting to live away from his home. Airfare can get pretty expensive when he have to buy two seats.

OHHH, SNAP!!!

Old
02-05-2006, 03:19 PM
Safir*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketpop

Maybe this will help.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/5296474

Quote:
Chances are the Blues aren't finished dealing. Winger Dean McAmmond and veteran defenseman Eric Weinrich also have been rumored to be on the block. Tkachuk, who has missed several weeks with a broken knuckle, is ready to come back but said on a St. Louis radio station that, unlike Weight, he would not waive his no-trade clause if the Blues asked him to.

Old
02-05-2006, 03:26 PM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt
I can understand his not wanting to live away from his home. Airfare can get pretty expensive when he have to buy two seats.

OHHH, SNAP!!!
BWAHAHAHA, that's really funny, that's just ..... so .....

02-05-2006, 03:29 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blues
BWAHAHAHA, that's really funny, that's just ..... so .....

Yeah, I'm an idiot.

Old
02-06-2006, 02:42 AM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

what's tkachuk's contract status for next year...i heard that he has an option that's reasonable but will likely be rejected

Old
02-06-2006, 05:22 AM
Irish Blues

vCash: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy
what's tkachuk's contract status for next year...i heard that he has an option that's reasonable but will likely be rejected
http://www.hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=219189

Tkachuk's cap figure is $5.7 million: he makes $7.6 million this year and has a team option for '06-07 for $3.8 million.

Last edited by Irish Blues: 02-06-2006 at 10:23 AM.
Old
02-06-2006, 09:58 AM
rigger

He has an option year, not sure if it is team option or player option but it is for 3.5, the cap hit is the average of the contract so it is still in the neighborhood of 5 million dollar cap hit. A team like edmonton could handle the hit because they are not at the cap limit. 3.5 for next season is pretty good, he will only go to a team that has cap space and doesn't mind using it on him, he could be a ppg player if he keeps his conditioning up.

Closed Thread