HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Biron = Vally = Brutal = Goodbye

Old
03-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

vCash: 500
Biron = Vally = Brutal = Goodbye

Biron hasn't had a decent game in months. He is brutal at the five hole and in shootouts. Hopeless in making a clutch save. No rebound control. Lackluster reflex; hopeless anticipation. He is not playing better then Vally was two seasons ago when he was suddenly outted for Chad Ochocinco.

In the first period 4 shots two goals and two posts. I just can't deal with this.

Very unsatisfactory 2012 at this position.

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 07:58 PM
racer90

the first goal he gave up was a real downer. Im sure he knows he should've had that one.
The past few games he hasn't been playing well, but he has played some big games for us this season. Im 50/50 on Biron at this point.

racer90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 08:07 PM
Dr. Ogrodnick

vCash: 661
I think its late enough in the season to phase Biron out. He has served his purpose.

Dr. Ogrodnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 08:12 PM
vladmyir111

vCash: 50
There are what 15 or 16 games left? Don't think he should be seeing more than 3 or 4 more. If he wins one or two of them, great.

vladmyir111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 08:19 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Cant let in a goal on a shot from the outside of the circle in no traffic - that is Minor League stuff.
Even though Mitchell had a bad giveaway you have to kick a rebound out of the crease and shut your legs.

This guy is bad for morale. 2 goals on 4 shots. Come on.

Old
03-08-2012, 08:32 PM
bettercallstaal
Custom User Title

vCash: 1120
He's been pretty brutal lately. I think it's about time for Henrik to play through.

bettercallstaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 08:34 PM
noupf

Biron is not really the problem here.........its the offense. Maybe this team should try to win a game without replying on the goalie to stealing the win.

perhaps the powerplay could score a goal or two........just an idea

noupf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 08:35 PM
PassShootScore
208 Row 18

vCash: 1150
eventho he didn't play great the Rangers only scored 1 just 1 goal you can win a game in the NHL by scoring one goal

PassShootScore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 08:54 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by noupf View Post
Biron is not really the problem here.........its the offense. Maybe this team should try to win a game without replying on the goalie to stealing the win.

perhaps the powerplay could score a goal or two........just an idea
Biron let in 2 goals on 4 shots... He couldn't stop a beach ball to start the game let alone a puck. He should not be playing, we should be riding Hank.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:01 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
Biron hasn't had a decent game in months. He is brutal at the five hole and in shootouts. Hopeless in making a clutch save. No rebound control. Lackluster reflex; hopeless anticipation. He is not playing better then Vally was two seasons ago when he was suddenly outted for Chad Ochocinco.

In the first period 4 shots two goals and two posts. I just can't deal with this.

Very unsatisfactory 2012 at this position.
He's the backup. He plays to keep Hank fresh for the playoffs, not because he gives us the best chance to win that night.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 12300
If I ever see him play again, it will be too soon.

Net Front Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
Chill bro.
You think we lose this game in regulation of Hank is playing? We probably go into OT tied 1-1, as soon as I saw Biron was playing I got an uneasy feeling, but as a fan I tried to stay positive. Biron has been garbage for months, I figured they would have played Hank and given Biron a chance for redemption against the Hawks, but hey Torts decisions usually don't make any sense.

Old
03-08-2012, 09:04 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1shop View Post
if i ever see him play again, it will be too soon.
this^

Old
03-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below: Nash's Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerixon View Post
You think we lose this game in regulation of Hank is playing? We probably go into OT tied 1-1, as soon as I saw Biron was playing I got an uneasy feeling, but as a fan I tried to stay positive. Biron has been garbage for months, I figured they would have played Hank and given Biron a chance for redemption against the Hawks, but hey Torts decisions usually don't make any sense.
Ah, you got me just before I edited my post. These frustration threads frustrate me. Not for the reasons they frustrate the OP either. They frustrate me because they don't seem to understand why things happened the way they did. It's just a lack of hockey IQ on the part of those that start these kind of things.

Biron played so we will win in the playoffs with Hank in the net, not so we'd win this game.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:13 PM
Janerixon

Quote:
Ah, you got me just before I edited my post. These frustration threads frustrate me. Not for the reasons they frustrate the OP either. They frustrate me because they don't seem to understand why things happened the way they did. It's just a lack of hockey IQ on the part of those that start these kind of things.

Biron played so we will win in the playoffs with Hank in the net, not so we'd win this game.
I'd rather win a game vs the Sens, a team that has given us trouble all season long (blown lead earlier in the season that I saw in person) and we could face in the playoffs. If we face the Hawks it will be in the Cup finals, I just don't see the point in playing Hank vs the Hawks and we should be riding Hank. He was the only reason we were even in the Devils game, Biron should take a seat for the rest of the year as he has not been up to task.

Old
03-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

Quote:

Sir, I assure you I have no "lack of hockey iq" - what a broadly arrogant thing to state.

Back on topic, regardless of the constant reminder of henrik's rest, it is time to try and win some of these games by calling upon our farm teams and most notibly CJ who has had very positive results at this level. Boron seems past his expiration date.

Old
03-08-2012, 09:31 PM
petejudge

if pittsburgh weren't playing out of their minds right now i wouldn't mind so much, but i'd like to hold onto this #1 seed. i'd like to see biron play 3 of the next 14 games and then have the king take over for the last 2 weeks into the playoffs.

petejudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:33 PM
park rangers
Optimist

with the way Biron's been playing, I wouldn't mind a glimpse of Chad Dosnueve

park rangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:38 PM
trilobyte

Quote:

Oh really? Now, that is just too much.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:51 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

I agree, brutal. He needs to stop playing.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:57 PM
SwedishBullet62
Never go full torts.

i agree hes been brutal his last 5 starts or so, the teams not really playing up to what the need to in front of him either like they were earlier in the season.

cant help but think the contract negotiations brooks reported a while back have something to do with it, seams from there everythings gone downhill with his game, biggest thing has been horrific rebound control.

SwedishBullet62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:22 PM
broadwayblue

When you score 1 goal it's pretty hard to pin losses on your goalie.

Why don't we fire our power play coach instead?

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:25 PM
Blueshirt Believer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdanger20 View Post
i agree hes been brutal his last 5 starts or so, the teams not really playing up to what the need to in front of him either like they were earlier in the season.

cant help but think the contract negotiations brooks reported a while back have something to do with it, seams from there everythings gone downhill with his game, biggest thing has been horrific rebound control.
Defensively, the Rangers were NOT horrific tonight. They only had a couple of mistakes(but what team doesn't).

There wasn't much defensive breakdowns on the first two goals. Marty was terrible on both of them imo.

The third goal had some weak back checking, but Marty still gave up a bad rebound. However, I can't get livid on that goal. Still, Marty was the worst player on the ice tonight.

Blueshirt Believer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:32 PM
CM Lundqvist
Best In The World

5 starts?

I'd say Biron hasn't been impressive in his last 6-7 starts. If it's contract negotiations that are the problem, then he needs to sit until a deal is negotiated or it's decided that he's gone at the end of the year.

Can't afford to keep losing games like this against teams like Jersey and Ottawa who we should be beating the **** out of. These teams are one-trick ponies with average defenses and goaltending. We should be FEASTING on these teams.

CM Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:46 PM
Hockey Team
Hunger Force

vCash: 920
It's not contract negotiations, gimmie a break.

"I'm negotiating a contract right now, better play like crap!"

WTF, no.

Hockey Team is offline   Reply With Quote