HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Secondary Scoring

Old
12-26-2011, 04:57 PM
AndrewYotes

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matzel View Post
Don't look now... but he has 4 goals and 7 points over his last nine games.
I stand corrected

AndrewYotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 10:14 AM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Forget Torres and Pyatt.

We need Boedker and Vermette to step up and give us the lift we need to make the playoffs.

03-07-2012, 11:01 AM
hbk

and Langkow. I really respect him as a player but he's not the same player that he was in October/November. I know what happened but man if he could ever get his head out of the clouds he could be a real asset for this team.

There's a whole host of secondary scorers we could call out.

I also think it's time we all acknowledged that Yandle has regressed. When is the last time we saw him attempt the backdoor play that was so successful last year? When's the last time he actually received the puck and didn't double clutch and/or actually kept skating? Seems like forever for me. He seems to need to stop everything before he can do anything and in the NHL you don't have that luxery. Thankfully our forward group also never seems to have a clue what's going on as nobody keeps skating once the D have the puck at the points. Everyone just stops which makes it painfully easy for opposing D to just press the points and pick off passes.

hbk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 11:26 AM
Sindiggy
Go Desert Dogs

We need anyone to pick up their game and produce. We're at the stage of the season that we need everyone contributing

We looked good against the Penguins, but again fell behind early, but the other 3 games we've looked like dog crap. We need to right this frick'n ship right now.

The pairing of Rozy/OEL isn't a good fit either, Rozy is terrible. I'd like to keep Aucoin w/Yandle, so put Klesla with OEL and then Rozy/Summers. That I think would be the best option.

Sindiggy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 11:39 AM
MP

Boedker looks like a player who has the tools, but not the toolbox. I hope I'm wrong.

Something does have to change though. Hanzal's line can't do it all.

MP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 04:33 PM
hbk

Boedker has to reach 20 goals minimum next season. He needs to take a huge step forward next year. He keeps showing us flashes but goes shifts/games where he does his best Taylor Pyatt impersonation (disappears). He needs to be paired with Vermette.

Old
03-08-2012, 12:24 PM
Kimahri

Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
I also think it's time we all acknowledged that Yandle has regressed. When is the last time we saw him attempt the backdoor play that was so successful last year? When's the last time he actually received the puck and didn't double clutch and/or actually kept skating? Seems like forever for me. He seems to need to stop everything before he can do anything and in the NHL you don't have that luxery.
I saw a lot of that in the pittsburgh game. He had some pretty good rushes up the ice. I wouldn't say he's regressed. He needs to stop turning the puck over this year though. The first of the most recent blue jacket game was brutal. Both Yandle and OEL were pretty much giving the opposing players free shots on net in prime scoring areas with there turnovers.

Kimahri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 05:35 PM
BUX7PHX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimahri View Post
I saw a lot of that in the pittsburgh game. He had some pretty good rushes up the ice. I wouldn't say he's regressed. He needs to stop turning the puck over this year though. The first of the most recent blue jacket game was brutal. Both Yandle and OEL were pretty much giving the opposing players free shots on net in prime scoring areas with there turnovers.
You are right that he hasn't regressed. Which means that he is actually playing much the same as he was in previous seasons. It just hadn't come back to bite us in the ass as much, b/c the core of our D was more solid. Two years ago, Yandle looked dominating b/c he was lined up as a 3/4 option, with Michalek and Jovo as our top pair. The difference was that Jovo had many more years under his belt, but was also much more rugged and physical.

Yandle has the chance to do well, but he gets himself out of position, much like Jovo, and it looks bad b/c he is trying waaayyy too hard to impress or live up to his contract....

BUX7PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:53 PM
Redcoyote
Hungry

Im thinking it was a mistake not to bring in someone who can score at the trade deadline..i really hope we put together a trade at the draft for an elite goal scorer or a first line center.

hanzal
vermette
gordon

wouldnt be bad as the remaining centers but none are an offensive first line center

Redcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:55 PM
hbk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redcoyote View Post
Im thinking it was a mistake not to bring in someone who can score at the trade deadline..i really hope we put together a trade at the draft for an elite goal scorer or a first line center.

hanzal
vermette
gordon

wouldnt be bad as the remaining centers but none are an offensive first line center
we did bring in Vermette which is the best this budget team could do.

if you are serious about going after a top line center than you need to be prepared to deal Yandle +.