HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks at Stars

Old
03-08-2012, 10:36 PM
Sharkway Drive
****ing All Star!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
The players did every thing they could. Every single player played their hearts out. I cannot point to a single guy that didn't do what he had to do-- yes, that count's Niemi.

I honestly just don't know what to say at this point. We were more physical than the Stars, we spent s ton more time in the offensive zone, we scored dirty goals, skill goals, backchecked like a mother****er, and still we lose.

There's just nothing to be said.
Randy and Drew say that you always win a game you dont deserve to win right before a losing streak and lose a game you dont deserve to lose right before a winning streak. Hopefully this rings true.

Sharkway Drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:37 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
And what if they do make the playoffs?

Seriously, it's not over until it's over. You can't write them off. Have faith. All you have to do is make it in. Low seeds or written-off teams CAN do damage in the postseason.
Don't even bother. There's no convincing him.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ilikebigjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
I want the coaching staff held accountable. The power play and shootout choices were awful.

Why was Clowe first? He does better later on when he gets a good look at the goaltender. Pavelski should have gone first and catch the goalie cold if anything. Wingels in the shootout??! Moore? I know the sharks don't have many choices, but why not Burns, Boyle, or the hot Marleau?

Also Boyle needs some time off the first power play. He's trying to do too much and it's killing it. That and there's no structure to it, which is completely on the coaching staff's heads.
this. ive been saying this for a solid month. he looks absolutely awful. he cant skate like he used to anymore, i dont care that he had an assist tonight..he was awful even strength, and ESPECIALLY on the pp lately. hes got no power behind his shots either right now. put burns back on first pp unit. let there be a bomb from the point to create a rebound, not boyle casually bring it up the ice and make poor decisions and kill momentum...OH and if it comes around the boards to boyles side?? you can bet your ass hes skating back 100 feet to grab the biscuit. cant keep pucks in worth ****. sorry, im just so frustrated by this team and boyle has been pissing me off for weeks now.

ilikebigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WantonAbandon

Any way putting unlikely candidates into the shoot out is nothing new.

Although I do agree that Marleau should have been given an oppurtunity.

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
EmergencyExit

vCash: 50
On the bright side LA lost...
OT was was not fun to watch, couldn't convert on the PP and then folded in the SO. Yes the personnel decisions were a bit whack but this team is good enough where they should have been able to seal the deal in OT when they got themselves a powerplay. Sucks to lose this way but I'll take the point they got out of it.

EmergencyExit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
do0glas

I'd ask them to make the correct reads in defense and not to continually give up odd man rushes. Niemi actually tried to steal the game for us, but the team couldn't oblige. We look ready to collapse everytime we take the lead, it's a confidence issue.

Quote:
I can agree with that. Burns would be a better choice.

Mentally weak and scared to control the game? Which game did you watch? Chasing it? They had the puck pretty much the whole time, they were aggressive, and they worked their ***** off. I don't know what else you can ask.

do0glas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
His thinking was the goalie has never seen him before and Wingles probably showed some move in practice. Honestly I was less happy about Pavelski. When was the last time he sunk a shoot out goal?
You can still get that from guys you don't put in the shootout like Winnik, Mitchell, or Winchester. I sincerely doubt that Lehtonen has seen any of them in the shootout.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:38 PM
StreetSharks
#19 Joe Trollton

vCash: 327
I'd honestly rather not make the playoffs.

I think i'd be more pissed off if the sharks got swept by the blues or canucks

StreetSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KpopandHockey
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Seriously, it's not over until it's over. You can't write them off. Have faith. All you have to do is make it in. Low seeds or written-off teams CAN do damage in the postseason.
Lose to Van.

KpopandHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Moo
Moooooooooooooooo!

MIN-PHX is now headed to a skills competition.

Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Clowe Me

Everyone on the Stars board says they should have lost.

Doesn't make it suck any less.

Clowe Me is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
WantonAbandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
You can still get that from guys you don't put in the shootout like Winnik, Mitchell, or Winchester. I sincerely doubt that Lehtonen has seen any of them in the shootout.
Using rookies in the shoot out isn't that uncommon

Old
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshark91 View Post
Wow, out of the 50,000 similar posts you pick mine. Typical HFboards.
Yeah I did brah. Wassup.

Mafoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WTFetus
Most popular

I have a feeling Galiardi was scratched because he's probably a little injured (gets rocked at least once a game), and Dallas is an extremely physical and goony team.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:39 PM
LeeIFBB
Teflon Doug

Don't let the empty suit in the press box make any more decisions regarding this team.

He didn't inherit the team on the ice, he built it. He is ultimately responsible for the players on the ice, the coaches behind the bench, and the prospects (or lack thereof) in the system. Of course, this exacerbated by the fact that Wilson has experienced no discernible restrictions by ownership during his tenure.

LeeIFBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by do0glas View Post
I'd ask them to make the correct reads in defense and not to continually give up odd man rushes. Niemi actually tried to steal the game for us, but the team couldn't oblige. We look ready to collapse everytime we take the lead, it's a confidence issue.
Every team gives up odd-man rushes. We are not the exception, and if you'll notice we had just as many or more as Dallas.

Anyway, the only player I'm not particularly happy with is Murray. He needs to KISS and stop holding the puck in the defensive zone so long and bloody shoot it.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Fistfullofbeer
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
MIN-PHX went to OT. San Jose drops back to eighth place after being briefly in seventh.
Isnt all this talk though about Hockey gods hating us kind of funny? We are 2-6-2 in the last 10 games and still in 8th position. The other teams have kind of helped us out. I dont expect that to be the case forever but the fact is that we are still in playoff contention. The boys are playing better and all we can do is hope they start winning for now.

Firing TMac can wait till the off-season.

Phu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fistfullofbeer View Post
Every game we play is right now about:

- The refs sucking
- Bad bounces and luck
- The other goalie stealing it.

I liked how we played today and we still lost. I feel for the players.

Guess we are still in the playoff hunt for now but as positive as I have been I see the Kings/Avs/Yotes taking over the last two positions and Dallas winning the division. Call it bad hockey mojo, the inability to finish, whatever. The fact is that the team is just not winning right now.
This. This is the mother of all slumps, worst one we have been in in a good five years. This is beyond finding ways to lose, they did NOTHING in this game that is worth of that moniker and still lost.

The only thing I can remotely pick a bone with is that after the 3rd goal, they went full prevent. That is a loser all the time. Gotta at least keep one guy up, but what I saw was when the puck turned, EVERYONE bailed deep into their own zone, not even high in the zone or in the neutral zone. They bailed out so far the camera had to pan all the way across the ice to see them again. They should have played the same way they played all ****ing night, get a forechecker in and at least make them work for it, but they gave it up, let them come in a wave, and coughed up the tying goal.

Phu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
sharkbite3
Don't Go Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshark91 View Post
Wow, out of the 50,000 similar posts you pick mine. Typical HFboards.
Okay, so you still said it. Why give up when anything could happen with so many points up for grabs? That's just a horrible attitude to have.

sharkbite3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
I have a feeling Galiardi was scratched because he's probably a little injured (gets rocked at least once a game), and Dallas is an extremely physical and goony team.
Nah.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:40 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

The Stars only shootout goal was scored by an unknown shooter. They're gamble worked. Goes both ways.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
WantonAbandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFetus View Post
This is possible maybe TMs new appreciation for concussion like symptoms played a role into this

Old
Mrs Ski

Mike Keenan is available.

........waiting for incoming. But can he do any worse than TMAC?

Mrs Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
WTFetus
Most popular

Quote:
He needs to KISS and stop holding the puck in the defensive zone so long and bloody shoot it.
I'm not liking Murray this game either. There were so many times where Burns was wide open on the right but Murray would just shoot it straight into someone's shin pads.
Put him back with Boyle (who doesn't pass ever) and put Vlasic (who always passes) with Burns.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Naki

Quote:

Damage? This team has been cup or bust for a few seasons now. Missing the playoffs is no different than losing in the 2nd round. Only ownership stands to gain anything from doing some damage in the playoffs.

Naki is offline   Reply With Quote