HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lindros

Closed Thread

Old
11-13-2003, 07:12 PM
Steve

vCash: 500
Lindros

When is he a UFA? I assume he'll be busting his boys to be coming to Toronto, just want to know when we can expect him. I'm sure To bill be the turn around of an uninterested Lindros. His contract of (games played) brings down his #1 asset, physical play. I want to see him in blue and white, just don't know when that can happen

Old
11-13-2003, 07:14 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

end of this season
i can just see the newspapers now

Old
11-13-2003, 07:34 PM
Rand

Oh god.... this is going to be one hell of a wild off season.

Half the NHL is on the last year of their contract, and with the CBA you can expect a lot more RFA's swapping teams then usual.

At least Lindros will provide us something to discuss as he will manage to get his name tied to all mentions of Toronto in the media in some form or another.

11-13-2003, 08:05 PM
nordique

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand
Oh god.... this is going to be one hell of a wild off season.

Half the NHL is on the last year of their contract, and with the CBA you can expect a lot more RFA's swapping teams then usual.

At least Lindros will provide us something to discuss as he will manage to get his name tied to all mentions of Toronto in the media in some form or another.
Let's wait for the first rumour that Bonnie Lindros will be the team's new coach.

Old
11-14-2003, 06:48 PM
Mike1

How many people think that Eric Lindros would be that dominant player again if he played for the Maple Leafs?

Old
11-14-2003, 07:05 PM
Epoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1
How many people think that Eric Lindros would be that dominant player again if he played for the Maple Leafs?
I sure do.

Old
11-14-2003, 07:07 PM
ATG

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOR-TOWN
I sure do.
i second that

Old
11-14-2003, 07:32 PM
think-blue-

Send a message via MSN to think-blue-
We can go for the two concussion boys..I hear the Kings will likely opt out of Allison's contract too.

Sundin-Lindros-Allison down the middle. :p Then just hope 2 of them are healthy at at time at least.

Old
11-14-2003, 07:54 PM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 4850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1
I think the days of Lindros dominating in the NHL are a thing of the past.His body simply will not stand for the beating required for him to dominate.

Old
11-14-2003, 08:01 PM
Stephen

I used to think he'd come and be dominant, but it's probably more wishful thinking than anything else. It's not like he's tanking it on purpose in NY, he's probably too afraid to play the way he used to.

Old
11-14-2003, 08:06 PM
TomWaits

I don't think the sideshow would be worth it. Clearly Lindros is not the player he was several years ago nor will he be with the myriad of injuries he has suffered over the years. I don't see him fitting in well with the leafs game plan for the future and if you believe the baggage (Bonnie/ego) that he carries do you really want him around anyway. I would have to think that there will be better places to spend the money than on Eric. Obviously there are some serious issues with the entire team in New York (with that payroll they should be better) and has Eric been a contributing factor to that problem or has he been a leader. I don't have the answer to that question but I am sure there are some good hockey folk in NY who can answer that question for the Leafs.

TomWaits

Closed Thread