HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Soft

Old
03-08-2012, 10:14 PM
slip

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
I'll give a 22 year old rookie the rest of the season, plus 10-12 games into next season before having a confident strong opinion of him. So far I give the rookie breathing room, just like I give Tropp, McNabb, Adam, Kassian (when he was here), and all other rookies.

Some on here aren't so willing to see the development happen, and want quick results. Bad choice.
On the flip side, is a goal here, an assist there being impatient? I'll cut the kid slack but that second line seems to be getting worse, not better. Ennis has faded hard the past couple of games; Stafford is doing okay but he needs to be much, much better than just okay. If I was Ruff I would have hacked my lines apart 3 games ago.

slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:16 PM
Kruschiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryNealesGarden View Post
Unrelated side-note: are they ever going to call clutch/grab/hook penalties again? Like, ever?
Where have you been for the last 5 years?

Kruschiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:25 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post
On the flip side, is a goal here, an assist there being impatient? I'll cut the kid slack but that second line seems to be getting worse, not better. Ennis has faded hard the past couple of games; Stafford is doing okay but he needs to be much, much better than just okay. If I was Ruff I would have hacked my lines apart 3 games ago.
Wanting a goal here or an assist there is not impatience. I would like that too! Those that are starting to slam Hodgson already because he's not producing anything ... is impatience. As far as his line mates, those two for the most part have underperformed all season. Hodgson hasn't hurt or helped them so far. Again, to expect or rely on him to spark anyone to be point producing wingers is dumb at THIS point in the season. I will expect him to be better next season after he's had time to gel with the team, city, coaches, and system.

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:46 PM
omglolnub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruschiki View Post
Where have you been for the last 5 years?
this...

omglolnub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:50 PM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Listened on XM on the drive down to DC for a tournament. Listened to Boston feed. Homerism aside, it sounded like we got legitimately manhandled. The B's radio crew wasn't awful like Hack Edwards, though.

I missed the tying goal in a rest area - knew we would lose when I saw they tied it.

I am not much of a psychic and what I said hardy takes balls or could be classified as risky or gutsy - but we will finish 9/10th and pick in our normal slot.

Last edited by jBuds: 03-08-2012 at 10:56 PM.
jBuds is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:59 PM
littletonhockeycoach

Based on responses here, I don't feel bad about missing tonight's game.

I think about half the roster needs to transition out over the summer. As was pointed out earlier, this team is far away from being a contender for anything other than an 8th place finish. Healthy, hurt, well paid or not. It is what it is.

No rant. No delusional psychosis. I just want mgmt to build off the trade deadline moves and take the necessary next steps to remaking this roster (and staff) for next year.

littletonhockeycoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 11:06 PM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

How this team is so bad at scoring goals is baffling. It seems like almost everybody is on pace for career lows. Boyes, Leino, Stafford, Roy are all having woeful years and now even Hodgson isn't scoring.

I'm just beginning to think more and more a coaching change needs to happen.

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 11:18 PM
Royisgone

Quote:
Originally Posted by littletonhockeycoach View Post
Based on responses here, I don't feel bad about missing tonight's game.

I think about half the roster needs to transition out over the summer. As was pointed out earlier, this team is far away from being a contender for anything other than an 8th place finish. Healthy, hurt, well paid or not. It is what it is.

No rant. No delusional psychosis. I just want mgmt to build off the trade deadline moves and take the necessary next steps to remaking this roster (and staff) for next year.
I think we all want that. The problem is this group did not magically form itself out of fairy dust. It has been assembled by Regier with input from Ruff over a period of years. I actually think Darcy thought this team was good enough to do some damage this year and feels injuries are the major reason why we will miss the playoffs. And now we must trust him to flip half the roster and replace it with a Cup contending powerhouse? I really think we are in for a handful of bad seasons until Pegula and his handlers mature to the next level, and begin to realize maybe Regier and Ruff are the problem.

Royisgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 11:24 PM
detroitfan83

I thought Enroth played well tonight.

The CoHo line didn't play well at all.

detroitfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 11:48 PM
dire wolf
be cool

Honestly, they didn't look soft tonight. The game was completely even in every way - including physically - until mid-way through the 3rd period. During the 3rd, the game broke wide open for a few minutes with sprints up and down the ice. After a few of those rushes, the Sabres started to look totally gassed. Not surprising with their recent schedule. Frankly, I thought they played a pretty good game, and I wasn't expecting a win, especially with Enroth (not that he is bad, and he played great).

Anyone who thinks the problem with this game was physical and is a result of Darcy's failures, is just pushing an agenda. The problems tonight were (a) we only scored one goal because our offensive was a bit sloppy, and (b) we got tired at the end.

I don't care if people don't like Regier, but it's just stupid to blame every loss on him. Are you going to give Darcy credit for any of our recent wins?

EDIT:

The Ugly:
• Chara
• Marchand. what a punk
•*Lucic
•*That stupid arena announcer who goes "Woooooo!" after he announces every goal. I freaking hate that. As grating as nails on a chalk board. Or Jack Edwards.

dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 11:53 PM
DJN21

thought tropp was one of the bright spots, 3rd period was brutal to watch for many reasons. Myers looked good although I have to selfishly admit im tired of defensively brilliant Myers and wanna see alittle more offensive Myers. I felt he was completely unengaged on the O side of the puck...in fact the defense as a whole was, CE, Leopold and Myers seemed to add nothing to our offense which was very lacking. I was praying for a pisssed off Myers to do that end to end play he likes to do towards ends of games he's trailing in.

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 11:53 PM
dire wolf
be cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play4Miracles View Post
For my 3,000th post I would just like to agree with your post. And hope wont be renewed until they get a GM who understands the concept of contact sports.
The judge I used to work for once said: "Some lawyers have 20 years of experience, and other lawyers have 1 year of experience 20 times." Congratulations on your milestone.

Old
03-08-2012, 11:55 PM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by dire wolf View Post
Honestly, they didn't look soft tonight. The game was completely even in every way - including physically - until mid-way through the 3rd period. During the 3rd, the game broke wide open for a few minutes with sprints up and down the ice. After a few of those rushes, the Sabres started to look totally gassed. Not surprising with their recent schedule. Frankly, I thought they played a pretty good game, and I wasn't expecting a win, especially with Enroth (not that he is bad, and he played great).

Anyone who thinks the problem with this game was physical and is a result of Darcy's failures, is just pushing an agenda. The problems tonight were (a) we only scored one goal because our offensive was a bit sloppy, and (b) we got tired at the end.

I don't care if people don't like Regier, but it's just stupid to blame every loss on him. Are you going to give Darcy credit for any of our recent wins?

EDIT:

The Ugly:
Chara
Marchand. what a punk
*Lucic
*That stupid arena announcer who goes "Woooooo!" after he announces every goal. I freaking hate that. As grating as nails on a chalk board. Or Jack Edwards.
very well put i thought we owned that game or at leats played them even until that game tying goal on their part. And to the entire team's defense evey Bruin goal was a great goal/snipe, nothing cheap or gritty about what they did. A SUPERB deflection, a helluva slapshot from the slot, and Krejci elevating a puck to a near impossible point. Props to enroth...

Old
03-08-2012, 11:57 PM
DJN21

Quote:
The judge I used to work for once said: "Some lawyers have 20 years of experience, and other lawyers have 1 year of experience 20 times." Congratulations on your milestone.
lol!

Old
03-09-2012, 12:00 AM
DJN21

CoHo line is struggling. other than last game I feel this was his most invisible game including him getting roughed up a few times...wake up Lindy, change the freaking lines. Id love to see what CoHo could do with vanek and/or poms....pr ennis at center was working....if ruffs gonna roll scoring lines perhap its almost 1c-coho, 2c-roy, 3c-ennis time

Old
03-09-2012, 12:30 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:

The Ugly:
*That stupid arena announcer who goes "Woooooo!" after he announces every goal. I freaking hate that. As grating as nails on a chalk board. Or Jack Edwards.
Isn't that a Ric Flair or Randy Savage audio clip? Or the arena announcer mocking Flair? I know they play a clip of Flair after Canes goals at the Feces Center for Ants...I think this is similar

Old
03-09-2012, 12:31 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJN21 View Post
CoHo line is struggling. other than last game I feel this was his most invisible game including him getting roughed up a few times...wake up Lindy, change the freaking lines. Id love to see what CoHo could do with vanek and/or poms....pr ennis at center was working....if ruffs gonna roll scoring lines perhap its almost 1c-coho, 2c-roy, 3c-ennis time
Awesome avatar, and I'd just like to say that that was my very first game at HSBC arena. Prior to game 1 of the playoffs that year in the first year after the lockout, I hadn't seen a home game since the Aud.

That was the best ambiance I've ever been a part of. I always say, as loud as it was for Campbell's hit and Briere's goal, the loudest roar of the night finally came once they peeled Umberger off the ice and showed the replay of the hit on the jumbotron for the first time. The crowd went absolutely bonkers. It was unforgettable.

THAT was a loud arena. Playoffs, yes, I know

Old
03-09-2012, 01:11 AM
SuperNintendoChalmrs

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post
This is a Regier team. They only know how to receive.

SuperNintendoChalmrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 01:19 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Ennis' speed through the middle was a big part of why I liked him at center. He just hasn't been as explosive now that he's back on the wing.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 01:20 AM
dire wolf
be cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Isn't that a Ric Flair or Randy Savage audio clip? Or the arena announcer mocking Flair? I know they play a clip of Flair after Canes goals at the Feces Center for Ants...I think this is similar
Uh, maybe. I don't have any idea who or what you are talking about, though. Anyways, it's really sucky.

Old
03-09-2012, 01:30 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Uh, maybe. I don't have any idea who or what you are talking about, though. Anyways, it's really sucky.
wrestlers

Old
03-09-2012, 01:55 AM
Jagemon

I don't get why you guys keep blaming Regier for having a soft team when we've had a quote from Ruff saying that he doesn't want any hitting unless there is a chance to turn the puck over.

Ruff is to blame, not Regier.

Jagemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 01:56 AM
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperNintendoChalmrs View Post
Oh look, a new avatar.

HockeyH3aven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 02:22 AM
Kassian54

Only saw first period after I fall asleep.

G:
Pommer
Enroth
Energy in first period

B:
EHS-line struggled defensively imo in first
Marchand
Vanek hurt - hopefully he gets his act right when ever he comes back
U:
Lucic - I can't help I ****ing hate the guy

Last edited by Kassian54: 03-09-2012 at 02:30 AM.
Kassian54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 02:45 AM
jBuds
pretty damn valuable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassian54 View Post
Only saw first period after I fall asleep.

G:
Pommer
Enroth
Energy in first period

B:
EHS-line struggled defensively imo in first
Marchand
Vanek hurt - hopefully he gets his act right when ever he comes back
U:
Lucic - I can't help I ****ing hate the guy
What's the time zone difference? You're ahead 7 hours?