HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#67 Kings @ Jackets, 3/8/12, 3-1 Loss

Old
03-08-2012, 09:58 PM
Bandit

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoKingsGoo View Post
On to tomorrow. Wings will be without Lidstrom and Datsyuk. I expect a win. GKG.
Which is why they will lose.

Tonight was the same old story, just another missed opportunity. Hard to believe this pathetic bunch of underachievers still has a shot at winning the division for only the second time in franchise history.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:59 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
Just like pretty much every other team. EVERY game is a must win game but sometimes it just doesn't happen. Relax. We will see after 82 games which teams suck.

Exactly, just like Dan Cloutier. That guy was doing tons of little things but he was completely misunderstood.

That is creative.

No, it isn't. His goal wouldn't have changed anything.
Richards was horrible tonight, but good job comparing him to Cloutier, that's a perfectly fair comparison

I'm staying out of this PGT to avoid infracting myself against brilliant comments like the above, but I'll just make this one post to say that there were certain moments over the course of the season that we'll be able to look back at next month and realize they determined our fate. This could well be one of them.

REALLY disappointed in everyone except Kopitar and Penner tonight, but especially Carter. 0 shots on goal? Come on man... way to make us look bad. Just embarrassing.

King Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:00 PM
Mindcircus

The Kings we are familiar with all season long showed up tonight. If not this loss, then the countless other ones just like this wcould ultimately be why the Kings will not make the playoffs.

Not to say the season's over, but the Kings have had way too many losses like this this season.

Mindcircus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:01 PM
Vamos Rafa
ADT = GH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Which is why they will lose.

Tonight was the same old story, just another missed opportunity. Hard to believe this pathetic bunch of underachievers still has a shot at winning the division for only the second time in franchise history.
Yeah, forget the 0 Stanley Cup rings. This franchise only has one division title. ****ing pathetic.

Vamos Rafa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:02 PM
bobafettish*

good news is we are getting a lot of help today.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:02 PM
ShattStar03

I'm done with Richards, done with the ****ing guy, he's playing like an absolute bum. All I heard was all this hype about his time in Philly, he hasn't done a damn thing since.

Yeah, he had a nice early season, where is he now? Where is he when the Kings need him the most?? Isn't that why we traded for his ass?

ShattStar03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:09 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShattStar03 View Post
I'm done with Richards, done with the ****ing guy, he's playing like an absolute bum. All I heard was all this hype about his time in Philly, he hasn't done a damn thing since.

Yeah, he had a nice early season, where is he now? Where is he when the Kings need him the most?? Isn't that why we traded for his ass?
Was he playing like an absolute bum when he had 3 assists two games ago? Just curious if you're going to be consistent or only when it's convenient for you to scapegoat him.

King Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:10 PM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:

Concussions can do that to a player.

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:11 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Carter was putrid too, outside of a few moments in the third. Worst game in a Kings jersey for both Mike and Jeff.

Penner looked pretty good, it's just too bad he's having the same finishing ability as Lewis right now.. and even Lewis scored recently.

BigBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:13 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
It's just one loss. The kings will have more before the end of the season. It's a big loss, but it's not over yet.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:26 PM
SLang

Leave it to the Kings to script it perfectly for Jack.

That's all I've got to say about this game.

SLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:30 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
I thought Richards was suppose to be a clutch player, scoring in the most "important" times. I haven't seen any of that this season.

Aren't these times important? Isn't this time we're our leader(s) (exception to Brown) and special players are suppose to shine the most? Where the **** are they?
I didn't see the game tonight, but ya it's alarming, but it happens. Look at Carl Crawford of the Red Sox, who could have seen that awful a season out of him.

Will be lots of pressure on Richards next season, I hope he responds with a bounce back season.

Go Kings

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 10:41 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Only 15 more games left. Another NHL season is almost over. Crazy that the off season feels so much longer than the season.

Maybe 10-5 is good enough for 8th.

Old
03-08-2012, 10:42 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
How can anyone argue with a dude who has a Richards username and picture?

How many games is that without a goal now? 32?
I think it is 21 without a goal and 1 in 32.

Old
03-08-2012, 10:42 PM
bobafettish*

even though it sucks to see simmonds and schenn scoring while richards struggling. im pretty sure if we put stoll and penner ont eh flyers they'd be scoring as well. flyers are the kings opposites

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 11:14 PM
xavi4life
Mr. Irreverent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
Kings don't deserve to make the playoffs after that pathetic effort.
How many times has this been said after every loss? Well, it's brilliant because it stands true. Glad JJ is playing his game.

xavi4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 11:19 PM
Leo W

We have to win these games we're in the stretch... tough loss but have to hope we can get 2 tomorrow.

Leo W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 11:52 PM
Nex06

Quote:
(on needing more from Richards and Carter…)

SUTTER: “I’m not going to single any of that out. I think the only thing that kept us alive tonight was Jonathan Bernier and our penalty killing. Other than that, it was pretty much right across.’’
Just as I said. The only difference is that favorites have been changed, nothing else. Murray was protecting Brown and Kopitar and Sutter is protecting other players. I still have to see Sutter really holding ALL players accountable. When it's Brown or Kopitar playing like crap, he has no problem to talk relatively disrespectful about them. No problem to single them out. No problem to point out how they should talk more about themselves and less about the team. But when it's the other way around... then he is not singling out anyone, of course. Team wins and team loses the game.

Those who claim that Brown and Kopitar are playing better because of Sutter's criticism, don't you wish to see same effect with some other players? Well, first they need to be called out, right?

I don't like hypocrisy and double standards, that's all.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:15 AM
123slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nex06 View Post
Just as I said. The only difference is that favorites have been changed, nothing else. Murray was protecting Brown and Kopitar and Sutter is protecting other players. I still have to see Sutter really holding ALL players accountable. When it's Brown or Kopitar playing like crap, he has no problem to talk relatively disrespectful about them. No problem to single them out. No problem to point out how they should talk more about themselves and less about the team. But when it's the other way around... then he is not singling out anyone, of course. Team wins and team loses the game.

Those who claim that Brown and Kopitar are playing better because of Sutter's criticism, don't you wish to see same effect with some other players? Well, first they need to be called out, right?

I don't like hypocrisy and double standards, that's all.
When the whole team isn't playing good enough to win or when they all don't put in enough effort, he's not going to call out specific players. He's calling out EVERYONE, man.

Last edited by 123slam: 03-09-2012 at 12:23 AM.
123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:28 AM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

vCash: 1015
Kings playoff push fight club

drugold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:40 AM
Nex06

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123slam View Post
When the whole team isn't playing good enough to win or when they all don't put in enough effort, he's not going to call out specific players. He's calling out EVERYONE, man.
There were 4-5 players that played well enough not to deserve the criticism. And there were 4-5 players that were REALLY bad and deserve to be called out. I am not saying that I would have done that. To be honest, I wouldn't have. But obviously Sutter is a coach with balls right? Saying how it is and holding everyone responsible? Benching players that don't play well? My ass. When it comes to holding players personally accountable he is pretty similar to Murray.

Oh, and it's not the first time he has done that.

Nex06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:44 AM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

vCash: 1015
kings playoff surge

Last edited by drugold: 03-09-2012 at 12:50 AM.
drugold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:49 AM
123slam

Quote:
Originally Posted by drugold View Post
kings playoff surge
I see the last time you tried to post that was about 15 minutes ago. Get distracted much?

123slam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:50 AM
Quattro

I am happy for Jack. That was an epic FU to Lombardi and the Kings coaches. That interview with Bob between periods was pretty damn interesting.

Everyone has rightly called out Richards but along with him, the undisputed most overpaid, underachieving King this season is Drew Doughty. While watching this game, I couldn't help but think we jettisoned the wrong D-man at the deadline.

Quattro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:51 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I've been thinking that perhaps the reason why we're not saying the same Richards that was playing in Philadelphia is that his heart and love for the team isn't there (at least not yet). He truly loved being a Flyer, he embraced it. Maybe he hasn't embraced the Kings quite yet. Sometimes it takes time for that affinity to grow.

Look at Rod Brind'Amour, Ron Francis, Jaromir Jagr when they switched teams after spending so many years with their respective clubs. Their first season with their new team wasn't very productive for them. Sadly, the truth is that the adjustment period to a new team could take longer than weeks or months of hockey.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote