HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Vladimir Tarasenko

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-02-2012, 01:05 AM
  #276
malkinfan
Registered User
 
malkinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,685
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
delete


Last edited by malkinfan: 03-02-2012 at 01:12 AM.
malkinfan is offline  
Old
03-02-2012, 01:11 AM
  #277
malkinfan
Registered User
 
malkinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,685
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
If true, that's pretty pathetic.

Fortunately it isn't. If the young guys aren't quite ready but stayed at home and better NHL players are available, they want to win more than they want to keep a promise and they won't hesitate to screw over the young guys who stayed. They already stayed! They'll just say to the young guys it's their own fault for not developing.
I have no idea what your saying. These guys aren't going to be top 6 forwards on the National team anyways, they might be able to make the team, but certainly not locks. The team will not lose if they are not there, there are many options who would/could be better on the bottom lines. Its more of a deal sweetener for them to stay in the KHL rather than a threat for leaving to the NHL. It most certainly could happen. Kuznetsov is already entertaining the idea of staying in the KHL.... No guarantees one way or another, but the fact that you seem to think this is some kind of myth would be FALSE.

If you ask Kuznetsov to win OG gold in Sochi or Stanley cup in Washington... you know what the answer will be

malkinfan is offline  
Old
03-02-2012, 03:16 PM
  #278
Latgale_fan
Registered User
 
Latgale_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Riga
Country: Latvia
Posts: 995
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
If you ask Kuznetsov to win OG gold in Sochi or Stanley cup in Washington... you know what the answer will be
I think if NHL doesn't allow NHL players to play in Sochi, a lot of big name Russians will leave to spend that season in KHL... The main priority for Russians at the moment is 2014 on their home ice, in Sochi, doesn't matter how much people would try to say sth about Stanley Cup etc.

Latgale_fan is offline  
Old
03-02-2012, 03:41 PM
  #279
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window
 
PocketNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Crested Butte, CO
Posts: 9,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
I have no idea what your saying. These guys aren't going to be top 6 forwards on the National team anyways, they might be able to make the team, but certainly not locks. The team will not lose if they are not there, there are many options who would/could be better on the bottom lines. Its more of a deal sweetener for them to stay in the KHL rather than a threat for leaving to the NHL. It most certainly could happen. Kuznetsov is already entertaining the idea of staying in the KHL.... No guarantees one way or another, but the fact that you seem to think this is some kind of myth would be FALSE.

If you ask Kuznetsov to win OG gold in Sochi or Stanley cup in Washington... you know what the answer will be
What I'm saying is and we all agree Russia will want to win that gold medal. The NHL will send its talent. If it doesn't, nobody besides Russia will care all that much about who wins gold when we'll all know it's more like the Spengler Cup of AHL players over there for a lot of countries. The NHL is posturing but will send its players. They sent them to Nagano, they will send them to Sochi. The NHL doesn't want to provoke a huge fight with Russia, and fans want to see the best players play, and NHL players who can play for their teams will want to play in the Olympics.

My point is it's not automatic they make the team if they stay in Russia. If they think a player who's in the NHL is better than Tarasenko who stayed, they will simply tell Tarasenko: you stayed but you didn't hold up your end of the bargain by being good enough, therefore we take the better player. They will take the better player regardless. Besides, Tarasenko already did what they wanted by staying so they don't lose anything by playing it that way once he's stayed. If they play politics with the depth players, they're screwing around with their chances of gold. Playing in the NHL is where Tarasenko will get used to the high level of talent he'd see in the Olympics. The KHL is a good pro league, but come on. It's not in dispute where the greater level of competition is.

PocketNines is offline  
Old
03-02-2012, 08:32 PM
  #280
DatsyukOwns
Hero
 
DatsyukOwns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,672
vCash: 500
How are his numbers in the khl right now?
Really looking forward to seeing this kid play in the nhl, he blew me away at the world juniors

DatsyukOwns is offline  
Old
03-02-2012, 08:46 PM
  #281
Alklha
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 12,805
vCash: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukOwns View Post
How are his numbers in the khl right now?
Really looking forward to seeing this kid play in the nhl, he blew me away at the world juniors
18-20-38 & +12 in 39 games for Sibir, averaging just under 19 minutes per game on their top line.

5-4-9 & +6 in 15 regular season games for SKA, averaging 11 minutes on their 3rd/4th lines.

2-1-3 & +4 in the first 2 playoff games, again with 11 minutes.

Alklha is offline  
Old
03-03-2012, 07:06 AM
  #282
Karma
Registered User
 
Karma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 5,725
vCash: 500
He scored a goal and had 10:59 of ice time in his teams 3rd playoff game today.

Karma is offline  
Old
03-05-2012, 02:59 PM
  #283
R S
.
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 25,446
vCash: 1000
What are the chances this guy actually comes over next year?

50/50?

80/20?


Any ideas? I would sure hope it's almost a lock.

R S is offline  
Old
03-05-2012, 03:33 PM
  #284
Market Street Heroes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 757
vCash: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
What are the chances this guy actually comes over next year?

50/50?

80/20?


Any ideas? I would sure hope it's almost a lock.
From what i've read, 80/20 for him coming over.

Market Street Heroes is offline  
Old
03-05-2012, 04:25 PM
  #285
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,688
vCash: 500
Quote:
What are the chances this guy actually comes over next year?

50/50?

80/20?
10% for coming over

vorky is offline  
Old
03-05-2012, 04:27 PM
  #286
TheKingSlayer
He was in the way!
 
TheKingSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,589
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
10% for coming over
Troll. Post your sources. Nobody has ever said its doubtful that he comes over.

TheKingSlayer is offline  
Old
03-05-2012, 04:30 PM
  #287
Use the Schwartz*
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Nova Scotia
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,511
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
10% for coming over
dream on

Use the Schwartz* is offline  
Old
03-05-2012, 04:39 PM
  #288
vorky
@vorkywh24
 
vorky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 7,688
vCash: 500
to Sundin is my hero
Quote:
What are the chances this guy actually comes over next year?
it was a Q and you can see my answer. Dont believe media..

vorky is offline  
Old
03-05-2012, 04:40 PM
  #289
R S
.
 
R S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 25,446
vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
it was a Q and you can see my answer. Dont believe media..
Yeah, but why should we believe you over anyone else?...

R S is offline  
Old
03-05-2012, 05:05 PM
  #290
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,859
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Yeah, but why should we believe you over anyone else?...
He's really only getting 4th line minutes since he has been traded. I really don't see that motivating him to stay over there another year when he is most likely the best player on the team. It's a good chance he comes over from everything I have read.

HooliganX2 is offline  
Old
03-06-2012, 04:10 PM
  #291
LuckyLuke87
Registered User
 
LuckyLuke87's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Prague
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 235
vCash: 500
chance was 90% for coming over...looking how SKA is messing with him, chances grew up to 99%

LuckyLuke87 is offline  
Old
03-06-2012, 04:53 PM
  #292
Dares
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 228
vCash: 500
I thought same thing.... 3rd/4th line minutes 10-11 per game and still puts up pretty decent points. Yes other lines have chemistry already played all season together etc but Tarasenko IS one of the best in the league...not just his points total....
he is definitely coming no questions at this stage....

Dares is offline  
Old
03-07-2012, 03:26 PM
  #293
TK 421
I blame Tarasenko
 
TK 421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,782
vCash: 500
To put his season in perspective:

He put up 38 pts in 39 games as Sibirs top RW despite being without No.1 center Jori Lehtera for 14 of those games. Keep in mind that Sibir was essentially a one line team and opponents knew to key on them in order to shut Sibir down. It would have been nice to see what he could have done with the 14 games had Lehtera been healthy, but he still managed almost a PPG.

18G,20A in 39 games for Sibir.

After being traded to SKA, he put up 5G,4A in 15 games playing on the 3rd and mostly the 4th line.

In 5 PO games with SKA, Tarasenko has 3G,2A and leads the team in +/- with a +5 while averaging only 10:41 in icetime.

He's produced despite the challenges and established himself as a top player in the KHL this year. SKA is now waiting on their 2nd round opponent, so his season continues......

TK 421 is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 02:26 AM
  #294
pouskin74*
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Swansea, UK
Posts: 4,387
vCash: 500
I think he is really want to come over but there is immense pressure on him by a CKA management. Until he joined to CKA i thought he will come over, but now i am not surprised if he stays till to Olympic games in there.

pouskin74* is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 05:11 AM
  #295
KapG
Registered User
 
KapG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,700
vCash: 500
boooooy will I be heated if he stays in Russian for another couple of years...



Can't see it really happening with the lack of TOI they give him though.


Last edited by KapG: 03-08-2012 at 05:16 AM.
KapG is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 07:27 PM
  #296
Market Street Heroes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 757
vCash: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by pouskin74 View Post
I think he is really want to come over but there is immense pressure on him by a CKA management. Until he joined to CKA i thought he will come over, but now i am not surprised if he stays till to Olympic games in there.
I feel like there was a larger chance of him staying when he played for Sibir. Sibir was his team, his dad was a legend, I could see him wanting to stay and play there. However, he's just a mercenary for the playoffs for SKA and not getting primetime minutes, I can't imagine he has much desire to stay in that situation (atleast , I hope not)

Market Street Heroes is offline  
Old
03-08-2012, 09:56 PM
  #297
malkinfan
Registered User
 
malkinfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Slovenia
Posts: 3,685
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
I mean its not everyday that the deputy chairman of billion dollar company Gazprom gets on his knees begging you to stay with with promises of gold both in monetary and Olympic victory form! It's kind of hard to walk away from that.
But really, remember how hard it was for Malkin to leave. He actually signed a contract with Magnitagorsk and then said later he only signed it because of the duress he was under. So its going to be no easy task for Tarasenko to walk away either.

malkinfan is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 12:19 AM
  #298
TK 421
I blame Tarasenko
 
TK 421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,782
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
I mean its not everyday that the deputy chairman of billion dollar company Gazprom gets on his knees begging you to stay with with promises of gold both in monetary and Olympic victory form! It's kind of hard to walk away from that.
But really, remember how hard it was for Malkin to leave. He actually signed a contract with Magnitagorsk and then said later he only signed it because of the duress he was under. So its going to be no easy task for Tarasenko to walk away either.
I would think it's a pretty easy decision for him considering he would only come over to play hockey at the highest level in the first place. Once he's made the decision on where he's playing, that's it. I don't think any amount of money will change his mind at that point. Please understand, I'm not suggesting he's already chosen St.Louis. Just that if he did, he wouldn't be swayed by a big offer from a KHL squad which might look more like a jail sentence rather than an enticement to a young, competitive player whose stated goal is to play in the NHL.

Let's entertain the thought of him staying for a moment though. It would almost certainly be a one year and not a multi year for starters. And if so, would it be Sibir who Tarasenko stated was the only team in the KHL that he wanted to play for? Or would it be with a powerhouse like SKA? If it is SKA, then what kind of minutes will he be getting? Personally, I think he would choose hometown Sibir over a contender on loyalty alone.

TK 421 is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 12:43 AM
  #299
Bure
Registered User
 
Bure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,736
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK 421 View Post
I would think it's a pretty easy decision for him considering he would only come over to play hockey at the highest level in the first place. Once he's made the decision on where he's playing, that's it. I don't think any amount of money will change his mind at that point. Please understand, I'm not suggesting he's already chosen St.Louis. Just that if he did, he wouldn't be swayed by a big offer from a KHL squad which might look more like a jail sentence rather than an enticement to a young, competitive player whose stated goal is to play in the NHL.

Let's entertain the thought of him staying for a moment though. It would almost certainly be a one year and not a multi year for starters. And if so, would it be Sibir who Tarasenko stated was the only team in the KHL that he wanted to play for? Or would it be with a powerhouse like SKA? If it is SKA, then what kind of minutes will he be getting? Personally, I think he would choose hometown Sibir over a contender on loyalty alone.
Well, the Blues are first in the NHL lol so if that is his reasoning then....

Bure is offline  
Old
03-09-2012, 02:26 AM
  #300
TK 421
I blame Tarasenko
 
TK 421's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,782
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure View Post
Well, the Blues are first in the NHL lol so if that is his reasoning then....
The Blues are deep at RW, but it's not like the position is teeming with elite skill sets either. There wouldn't be an issue there from the Blues or from Tarasenko whose played only 39 of his 176 KHL games on a 1st line. Guys dad trained to him to be a freakin super hero and routinely denied him PP time while sending him out to draw all the penalties last year. In any case, concern about minutes only comes up with SKA really as Sibir would certainly be sporting him on their 1st line and he understands he won't be jumping straight to the Blues 1st line. I would be incredibly surprised if he would even entertain an offer from anyone but Sibir or the Blues.

TK 421 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:02 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.