HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > NHL Draft - Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Draft - Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Vladimir Tarasenko

Closed Thread

Old
03-02-2012, 01:05 AM
malkinfan

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to malkinfan
delete

Last edited by malkinfan: 03-02-2012 at 01:12 AM.
Old
03-02-2012, 01:11 AM
malkinfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
If true, that's pretty pathetic.

Fortunately it isn't. If the young guys aren't quite ready but stayed at home and better NHL players are available, they want to win more than they want to keep a promise and they won't hesitate to screw over the young guys who stayed. They already stayed! They'll just say to the young guys it's their own fault for not developing.
I have no idea what your saying. These guys aren't going to be top 6 forwards on the National team anyways, they might be able to make the team, but certainly not locks. The team will not lose if they are not there, there are many options who would/could be better on the bottom lines. Its more of a deal sweetener for them to stay in the KHL rather than a threat for leaving to the NHL. It most certainly could happen. Kuznetsov is already entertaining the idea of staying in the KHL.... No guarantees one way or another, but the fact that you seem to think this is some kind of myth would be FALSE.

If you ask Kuznetsov to win OG gold in Sochi or Stanley cup in Washington... you know what the answer will be

Old
03-02-2012, 03:16 PM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by malkinfan View Post
If you ask Kuznetsov to win OG gold in Sochi or Stanley cup in Washington... you know what the answer will be
I think if NHL doesn't allow NHL players to play in Sochi, a lot of big name Russians will leave to spend that season in KHL... The main priority for Russians at the moment is 2014 on their home ice, in Sochi, doesn't matter how much people would try to say sth about Stanley Cup etc.

Old
03-02-2012, 03:41 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Quote:
I have no idea what your saying. These guys aren't going to be top 6 forwards on the National team anyways, they might be able to make the team, but certainly not locks. The team will not lose if they are not there, there are many options who would/could be better on the bottom lines. Its more of a deal sweetener for them to stay in the KHL rather than a threat for leaving to the NHL. It most certainly could happen. Kuznetsov is already entertaining the idea of staying in the KHL.... No guarantees one way or another, but the fact that you seem to think this is some kind of myth would be FALSE.

What I'm saying is and we all agree Russia will want to win that gold medal. The NHL will send its talent. If it doesn't, nobody besides Russia will care all that much about who wins gold when we'll all know it's more like the Spengler Cup of AHL players over there for a lot of countries. The NHL is posturing but will send its players. They sent them to Nagano, they will send them to Sochi. The NHL doesn't want to provoke a huge fight with Russia, and fans want to see the best players play, and NHL players who can play for their teams will want to play in the Olympics.

My point is it's not automatic they make the team if they stay in Russia. If they think a player who's in the NHL is better than Tarasenko who stayed, they will simply tell Tarasenko: you stayed but you didn't hold up your end of the bargain by being good enough, therefore we take the better player. They will take the better player regardless. Besides, Tarasenko already did what they wanted by staying so they don't lose anything by playing it that way once he's stayed. If they play politics with the depth players, they're screwing around with their chances of gold. Playing in the NHL is where Tarasenko will get used to the high level of talent he'd see in the Olympics. The KHL is a good pro league, but come on. It's not in dispute where the greater level of competition is.

Old
03-02-2012, 08:32 PM
DatsyukOwns
Hero

How are his numbers in the khl right now?
Really looking forward to seeing this kid play in the nhl, he blew me away at the world juniors

Old
03-02-2012, 08:46 PM
Alklha

vCash: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsyukOwns View Post
How are his numbers in the khl right now?
Really looking forward to seeing this kid play in the nhl, he blew me away at the world juniors
18-20-38 & +12 in 39 games for Sibir, averaging just under 19 minutes per game on their top line.

5-4-9 & +6 in 15 regular season games for SKA, averaging 11 minutes on their 3rd/4th lines.

2-1-3 & +4 in the first 2 playoff games, again with 11 minutes.

Old
03-03-2012, 07:06 AM

He scored a goal and had 10:59 of ice time in his teams 3rd playoff game today.

Old
03-05-2012, 02:59 PM
R S

vCash: 1000
What are the chances this guy actually comes over next year?

50/50?

80/20?

Any ideas? I would sure hope it's almost a lock.

Old
03-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Market Street Heroes

vCash: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post

50/50?

80/20?

Any ideas? I would sure hope it's almost a lock.
From what i've read, 80/20 for him coming over.

Old
03-05-2012, 04:25 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:

50/50?

80/20?
10% for coming over

Old
03-05-2012, 04:27 PM
TheKingSlayer
He was in the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
10% for coming over
Troll. Post your sources. Nobody has ever said its doubtful that he comes over.

Old
03-05-2012, 04:30 PM
Use the Schwartz*

Quote:
10% for coming over
dream on

Old
03-05-2012, 04:39 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

to Sundin is my hero
Quote:
it was a Q and you can see my answer. Dont believe media..

Old
03-05-2012, 04:40 PM
R S

vCash: 1000
Quote:
it was a Q and you can see my answer. Dont believe media..
Yeah, but why should we believe you over anyone else?...

Old
03-05-2012, 05:05 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade Stylings View Post
Yeah, but why should we believe you over anyone else?...
He's really only getting 4th line minutes since he has been traded. I really don't see that motivating him to stay over there another year when he is most likely the best player on the team. It's a good chance he comes over from everything I have read.

Old
03-06-2012, 04:10 PM
LuckyLuke87

chance was 90% for coming over...looking how SKA is messing with him, chances grew up to 99%

Old
03-06-2012, 04:53 PM
Dares

I thought same thing.... 3rd/4th line minutes 10-11 per game and still puts up pretty decent points. Yes other lines have chemistry already played all season together etc but Tarasenko IS one of the best in the league...not just his points total....
he is definitely coming no questions at this stage....

Old
03-07-2012, 03:26 PM
TK 421
I blame Tarasenko

To put his season in perspective:

He put up 38 pts in 39 games as Sibirs top RW despite being without No.1 center Jori Lehtera for 14 of those games. Keep in mind that Sibir was essentially a one line team and opponents knew to key on them in order to shut Sibir down. It would have been nice to see what he could have done with the 14 games had Lehtera been healthy, but he still managed almost a PPG.

18G,20A in 39 games for Sibir.

After being traded to SKA, he put up 5G,4A in 15 games playing on the 3rd and mostly the 4th line.

In 5 PO games with SKA, Tarasenko has 3G,2A and leads the team in +/- with a +5 while averaging only 10:41 in icetime.

He's produced despite the challenges and established himself as a top player in the KHL this year. SKA is now waiting on their 2nd round opponent, so his season continues......

Old
03-08-2012, 02:26 AM
pouskin74*

I think he is really want to come over but there is immense pressure on him by a CKA management. Until he joined to CKA i thought he will come over, but now i am not surprised if he stays till to Olympic games in there.

Old
03-08-2012, 05:11 AM
KapG

boooooy will I be heated if he stays in Russian for another couple of years...

Can't see it really happening with the lack of TOI they give him though.

Last edited by KapG: 03-08-2012 at 05:16 AM.
Old
03-08-2012, 07:27 PM
Market Street Heroes

vCash: 1125
Quote:
Originally Posted by pouskin74 View Post
I think he is really want to come over but there is immense pressure on him by a CKA management. Until he joined to CKA i thought he will come over, but now i am not surprised if he stays till to Olympic games in there.
I feel like there was a larger chance of him staying when he played for Sibir. Sibir was his team, his dad was a legend, I could see him wanting to stay and play there. However, he's just a mercenary for the playoffs for SKA and not getting primetime minutes, I can't imagine he has much desire to stay in that situation (atleast , I hope not)

Old
03-08-2012, 09:56 PM
malkinfan

I mean its not everyday that the deputy chairman of billion dollar company Gazprom gets on his knees begging you to stay with with promises of gold both in monetary and Olympic victory form! It's kind of hard to walk away from that.
But really, remember how hard it was for Malkin to leave. He actually signed a contract with Magnitagorsk and then said later he only signed it because of the duress he was under. So its going to be no easy task for Tarasenko to walk away either.

Old
03-09-2012, 12:19 AM
TK 421
I blame Tarasenko

Quote:
I mean its not everyday that the deputy chairman of billion dollar company Gazprom gets on his knees begging you to stay with with promises of gold both in monetary and Olympic victory form! It's kind of hard to walk away from that.
But really, remember how hard it was for Malkin to leave. He actually signed a contract with Magnitagorsk and then said later he only signed it because of the duress he was under. So its going to be no easy task for Tarasenko to walk away either.
I would think it's a pretty easy decision for him considering he would only come over to play hockey at the highest level in the first place. Once he's made the decision on where he's playing, that's it. I don't think any amount of money will change his mind at that point. Please understand, I'm not suggesting he's already chosen St.Louis. Just that if he did, he wouldn't be swayed by a big offer from a KHL squad which might look more like a jail sentence rather than an enticement to a young, competitive player whose stated goal is to play in the NHL.

Let's entertain the thought of him staying for a moment though. It would almost certainly be a one year and not a multi year for starters. And if so, would it be Sibir who Tarasenko stated was the only team in the KHL that he wanted to play for? Or would it be with a powerhouse like SKA? If it is SKA, then what kind of minutes will he be getting? Personally, I think he would choose hometown Sibir over a contender on loyalty alone.

Old
03-09-2012, 12:43 AM
Bure

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK 421 View Post
I would think it's a pretty easy decision for him considering he would only come over to play hockey at the highest level in the first place. Once he's made the decision on where he's playing, that's it. I don't think any amount of money will change his mind at that point. Please understand, I'm not suggesting he's already chosen St.Louis. Just that if he did, he wouldn't be swayed by a big offer from a KHL squad which might look more like a jail sentence rather than an enticement to a young, competitive player whose stated goal is to play in the NHL.

Let's entertain the thought of him staying for a moment though. It would almost certainly be a one year and not a multi year for starters. And if so, would it be Sibir who Tarasenko stated was the only team in the KHL that he wanted to play for? Or would it be with a powerhouse like SKA? If it is SKA, then what kind of minutes will he be getting? Personally, I think he would choose hometown Sibir over a contender on loyalty alone.
Well, the Blues are first in the NHL lol so if that is his reasoning then....

Old
03-09-2012, 02:26 AM
TK 421
I blame Tarasenko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure View Post
Well, the Blues are first in the NHL lol so if that is his reasoning then....
The Blues are deep at RW, but it's not like the position is teeming with elite skill sets either. There wouldn't be an issue there from the Blues or from Tarasenko whose played only 39 of his 176 KHL games on a 1st line. Guys dad trained to him to be a freakin super hero and routinely denied him PP time while sending him out to draw all the penalties last year. In any case, concern about minutes only comes up with SKA really as Sibir would certainly be sporting him on their 1st line and he understands he won't be jumping straight to the Blues 1st line. I would be incredibly surprised if he would even entertain an offer from anyone but Sibir or the Blues.

Closed Thread