HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

What do the Habs do now ?!

Closed Thread

Old
02-05-2006, 10:41 PM
flying_high

vCash: 500
What do the Habs do now ?!

after winning 2 games in a row and huet playing in both and recording 2 shutouts, what do the Canadiens do with Theodore ?
And are the habs not gonna make any trades thinking that the players will bounce back ( i.e. zednik, ribeiro, souray, bonk, sundstrum ).
I think Gainey will keep Theodore, since he has no market value presently, and may make a couple of trades and try to acquire a d-man and centre-winger.

here are some proposals:

Perezgohin + Zednik + 1st round for Tkachuk

Streit + late round pick for Jackman ( Pittsburgh )

Ribeiro + Bonk + Kostityn for Lapointe + Bell

if these trades happen, the habs add quite a bit of muscle and scoring power as well....

Higgins - Koivu - Tkachuk
Kovalev - Bell - Ryder
Lapointe - Plekanec - Bulis
Sundstrum - Begin - Downey

Let me know what u guys think!! i may be way off on this, let me know though.

Old
02-05-2006, 10:48 PM
Balk
Healthy Scratch

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying_high
after winning 2 games in a row and huet playing in both and recording 2 shutouts, what do the Canadiens do with Theodore ?
And are the habs not gonna make any trades thinking that the players will bounce back ( i.e. zednik, ribeiro, souray, bonk, sundstrum ).
I think Gainey will keep Theodore, since he has no market value presently, and may make a couple of trades and try to acquire a d-man and centre-winger.

here are some proposals:

if these trades happen, the habs add quite a bit of muscle and scoring power as well....

Kovalev - Bell - Ryder

The Habs will not trade Kost or Perezhogin. They are not about to trade the future after 2 games, this is a team still building for their 100th year.

I will not even get into the proposals because there is no chance they will happen.

Old
02-05-2006, 11:12 PM
Maithz

vCash:
gainey said he will not trade prospect and pick for a veteran or etablished player so forget it .

Old
02-05-2006, 11:14 PM
Rscorpio
Epic Meal Time!

Quote:
OMG!!!!!!!!!! I really want to kill you now !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Never put Perez on a trade.....never..never

Old
02-05-2006, 11:17 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152
The Jackman trade is the only one I'd do as a Habs' fan.

No way Pittsburgh would do it, though, I don't imagine.

Old
02-05-2006, 11:23 PM
Poochie_D

The habs really can't touch there roster right now. Its starting to click so Gainey won't do anything until we lose a few in a row or something. Riberio is the only one that COULD be traded altho even tho he wasn't on the scoreboard i felt he had very strong games this weekend. Bulis would have been traded a week ago but is holding the hot stick right now and will probably break 20 goals this season. So only players Gainey would either want to trade or COULD trade are as follows:

Riberio, Streit... maybe Sundstrom? in other words... no move is coming. this roster has to make the playoffs on its own. Maybe if they have a great stretch before the trade deadline a veteran could potentially be brought it. Besides that... nothing is happening.

Old
02-05-2006, 11:30 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

here are some proposals:

Kovalev - Bell - Ryder

The first deal is an overpayment for Fatchuk, but a moot point anyway. Tkachuk has a not trade clause, and he has said he wants to remain in St. Louis.

The second deal seems doable.

Chicago isn't trading Bell, and would have no interest in Bonk or Rieiro.

Old
02-06-2006, 12:09 AM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

If they continue hunting for a playoff spot, I think we'll see Downey, Dowd type of additions. In other words, nothing spectacular, just specific role players that can be had cheaply.

Old
02-06-2006, 09:45 AM
Pax Macioretty

we trade both Perezhogin AND Kostytsin for immediate impact, huh no if we trade Perez plus a first it better be for someone who has a brighter future then Tkachuck

Old
02-06-2006, 10:16 AM
hab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poochie_D
The habs really can't touch there roster right now. Its starting to click so Gainey won't do anything until we lose a few in a row or something. Riberio is the only one that COULD be traded altho even tho he wasn't on the scoreboard i felt he had very strong games this weekend. Bulis would have been traded a week ago but is holding the hot stick right now and will probably break 20 goals this season. So only players Gainey would either want to trade or COULD trade are as follows:

Riberio, Streit... maybe Sundstrom? in other words... no move is coming. this roster has to make the playoffs on its own. Maybe if they have a great stretch before the trade deadline a veteran could potentially be brought it. Besides that... nothing is happening.

most realistic post I have seen in a while, through the 101 trade proposals, the only guys gainey would trade simply have very little or no trade value, and no matter how people try to package them together, we are not going to get back that missing piece

Old
02-06-2006, 02:09 PM
HabzFan4Ever

BG said in a interview that he has no interest in moving Theo. He is going to ride Huet for the time being and give Theo a rest and try to gain some confidence.

http://thefourthperiod.com/news/mtl060204.html

I can't say I'd disagree, with his value at an all time low. However, if he does come around I would move him over the summer ...... IF he comes around.

Old
02-06-2006, 02:20 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmelindy
BG said in a interview that he has no interest in moving Theo. He is going to ride Huet for the time being and give Theo a rest and try to gain some confidence.

http://thefourthperiod.com/news/mtl060204.html

I can't say I'd disagree, with his value at an all time low. However, if he does come around I would move him over the summer ...... IF he comes around.
or maybe he's just blowing smoke... he wants to deal Theodore, but because of his play he can't get anything even half decent (or maybe anything at all) for a struggling goalie locked up long term on a big money contract.

he has no choice but to hold on to him, because he can't get anything for him.

It just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me that he's got this "plan" to help him get his confidence back, while he's sitting on the bench and watching Huet take over the starters role... you can't just gain back confidence in practice, watching the hot backup playing all the games.

Theodore IMO is a headache now for Gainey... he has no choice but to hold on to him because he'll get nothing for him on the market right now... at the same time, you can't go on record and say that about one of your players - especially one that you are hoping gets his confidence back and improves his own market value.

Gainey is stuck... and what he's saying is more smoke than anything serious IMO.

Old
02-06-2006, 02:31 PM
illogic

Quote:

If I'm Pittsburgh, I'd rather keep Jackman. He's awful defensively, but at least he can put up some points.

Old
02-06-2006, 03:25 PM
BlueBlancRouge

Quote:

here are some proposals:

Ribeiro + Bonk + Kostityn for Lapointe + Bell -

Kovalev - Bell - Ryder

I agree with you...you are way off!

Perezgohin + Zednik + 1st round for Tkachuk THIS TRADE SUCKS FOR THE HABS BIG TIME!

Streit + late round pick for Jackman ( Pittsburgh ) very dooable although Jackman is still no better then what Montreal is currently using on D.

Ribeiro + Bonk + Kostityn for Lapointe + Bell - Lapointe is overpaid and sucks ***, further more Montreal has a better version of Lapointe----Begin

Closed Thread