Notices

Bruins 2013 Injury Thread

Closed Thread

Old
03-09-2012, 10:12 AM
panny2727

vCash: 500
Bruins 2013 Injury Thread

I know there is a horton thread but the camera looked in the team suite last night and there were 4 guys up there and i didn't see ference or peverly. when are we going to see each of these guys?

Horton
Savard
Peverly
Ference
tuuka
Paille
zanon was assumed to be a scratch
was the other guy Sauve

Last edited by panny2727: 03-10-2012 at 08:45 AM.
Old
03-09-2012, 10:37 AM
KnightofBoston
MVP

I saw Ference and peverley, pevs was standing up camera left

I think we'll see Ference and pie back soon, Peverley late thus month

Horton, well my guess would be not this season but I hope he can come back and be healthy

Old
03-09-2012, 12:06 PM
sooshii
Living the dream

vCash: 50
you missed Tuukka

update on the two closest to return:
Boston Bruins ‏ @NHLBruins
Julien said Ference and Paille remain day-to-day and that he'd wait until tomorrow before deciding if they would take warmups.^BISH

Old
03-09-2012, 01:15 PM
panny2727

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofBoston View Post
I saw Ference and peverley, pevs was standing up camera left

I think we'll see Ference and pie back soon, Peverley late thus month

Horton, well my guess would be not this season but I hope he can come back and be healthy
its a good sign that horton is at games. savard and bergeron were not seen at games unless they were feeling better. Savard still rarely comes

Old
03-09-2012, 01:25 PM
FallsForItEveryYear

Quote:
Originally Posted by panny2727 View Post
its a good sign that horton is at games. savard and bergeron were not seen at games unless they were feeling better. Savard still rarely comes
i agree. with all the bright lights and flashing lights and crowd noise and music its certainly a good sign if he is watching all the games and relaxing with the guys.

unlike others here i dont assume he is done for the season. i think its entirely possible hes feeling much better but the bruins have chosen to having him take it easy since we can make the playoffs without him. i hope to see him hit the ice with the bruins about 5 or 6 games before the end of the season and then play in the last 2 or 3 in preparation for playoffs. even if hes been symptom free for a week now i see no reason for the bruins to not just tell him to wait another 2 weeks before doing anything major.

Old
03-09-2012, 01:30 PM
BoyntBergie

Maybe he was just tired, having a bad day, or sick of being up there, or maybe I am just reading too much into it, but Horton didn't look particularly good in the press box. Ference and Peverley were chatting, Tuukka was talking to someone who wasn't a player, Zanon looked like he was reading something and fidgeting with a water bottle- Horton was just sort of almost sulking. I feel bad for the guy, hope he ends up being ok.

What about Marchand? Last I heard on him was he left the game after that awkward hit.

Old
03-09-2012, 01:38 PM
NordicBruin91
Bleed Black & Gold

Send a message via AIM to NordicBruin91
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
Maybe he was just tired, having a bad day, or sick of being up there, or maybe I am just reading too much into it, but Horton didn't look particularly good in the press box. Ference and Peverley were chatting, Tuukka was talking to someone who wasn't a player, Zanon looked like he was reading something and fidgeting with a water bottle- Horton was just sort of almost sulking. I feel bad for the guy, hope he ends up being ok.

What about Marchand? Last I heard on him was he left the game after that awkward hit.
there was a tweet saying that it was just a stinger; he's fine.

Old
03-09-2012, 02:37 PM
don

Quote:
Originally Posted by panny2727 View Post
I know there is a horton thread but the camera looked in the team suite last night and there were 4 guys up there and i didn't see ference or peverly. when are we going to see each of these guys?

Horton
Peverly
Ference
tuuka
Paille
zanon was assumed to be a scratch
was the other guy Sauve
Don't know why you didn't add this to my thread. Probably would have helped make the Sticky.

Old
03-09-2012, 03:27 PM
amt98Bruin
Return of Savvy

I know he's not returning but still should but Savard on the list. And Khudobin (2 weeks) seeing as he'll likely take over for Turco unless he plays fairly well

Old
03-09-2012, 03:44 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post

I think you're reading too much into it. A minute earlier or later and he might have been smiling and chatting as well. I was glad to see him there.

Old
03-09-2012, 03:55 PM
BoyntBergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordicBruin91 View Post
there was a tweet saying that it was just a stinger; he's fine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I think you're reading too much into it. A minute earlier or later and he might have been smiling and chatting as well. I was glad to see him there.
Thanks Nordic, and I hope that's the case Artemis.

Old
03-10-2012, 08:44 AM
panny2727

Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post
Don't know why you didn't add this to my thread. Probably would have helped make the Sticky.
don't know how to do that show me or you can or a moderator can no worries

Old
03-10-2012, 02:23 PM
sooshii
Living the dream

frankly, I hope this thread won't need a sticky. habs radio actually has a sponsor for their daily injury reports. yeesh. in any case, falling off the front page of HF would be a GOOD thing.

but since we DO currently have a rash, here's what NESN posted on fb before today's game:

Peverley remains on track for the original projection of missing a month to a month and a half from Feb. 15 incident, but Julien didn't offer much in the way of an update on Saturday.

Horton has been out since suffering a concussion on a hit from Flyers forward Tom Sestito in Philadelphia on Jan. 22, and there is still no timetable for his return.

"With Horton, it's still the same situation as before," Julien said. "He's still not skating. He's working out to a certain extent, but there's still some issues that prevent him from taking the next step.

"Same thing with Tuukka [Rask], it's 4-6 [weeks] and that's not going to change."

Ference (lower body) and Paille (upper body) both skated on their own Saturday morning; they are day-to-day and are expected to accompany the team on its three-game road trip, which begins Sunday in Pittsburgh.

Old
03-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
#beLIeve

Bruins 2012 Injury Thread

Made a sticky

03-10-2012, 02:35 PM
sooshii
Living the dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10 Min Misconduct View Post
Made a sticky
/jinx

Old
03-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Bruins1993

Why didnt pouliot play today is he injured too??

Old
03-10-2012, 03:59 PM
don

This isn't what I had in mind for an "Injury Update" sticky. The way this one is going it is just a normal thread. I wanted the sticky so people "in the know" could update us. But thanks for trying.

Old
03-10-2012, 05:39 PM
sooshii
Living the dream

Tuukka Rask Knew Immediately Injury Was Serious When He Heard 'Snap', Still Hopes to Be Ready for Playoffs

Quote:
"When it happened I heard a snap in my ab and I was obviously in a lot of pain," Rask said Saturday, discussing the injury publicly for the first time before the Bruins' 4-3 loss to Washington at the Garden. "I was happy that I hopefully don't have to go through surgery, and that's pretty much it. You know, 4-6 weeks [is what] the doctor said. That's pretty tough, but the main thing is to get better and get ready for the playoffs."

Rask is holding out hope that he will be ready to play again in the postseason if needed, and the current timetable for his recovery should allow for that, even though Rask recognizes that he'll likely need the full six weeks to heal.
Quote:
"I can't, you know it's your ab and it's your groin you're whole body kind of goes through that area there," said Rask, who added his first week of therapy consisted mostly of just icing the area and resting. "So there's really nothing I can do cardio-wise right now, just mental exercises and I jumped in the hot tub today. That's a nice relaxing spa day."

Old
03-10-2012, 05:51 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins1993 View Post
Why didnt pouliot play today is he injured too??
Yes, lower body. He played the previous game but looks like it's flared up again.

Old
03-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Ratty

They're falling like flies: McQuaid in the first period; Bergeron on the second, and Max Sauve (what else is new). Bergeron doesn't seem as serious as he tried twice to come back.

Doesn't look good for the road trip.

Old
03-11-2012, 04:16 PM
TCL40

I am guessing Bergeron may have a bad bruise-they may have been trying to give him some pain shots for swelling and pain but it didnt' work out.

I am worried Boychuk is going to have another concussion even though he came back in the end of the game I just can't help but think he didn't have concussion written all over his face when he got up from the boarding by Malkin.

Old
03-11-2012, 06:22 PM
sooshii
Living the dream

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCL40 View Post
I am guessing Bergeron may have a bad bruise-they may have been trying to give him some pain shots for swelling and pain but it didnt' work out.
Where did he get hit? foot? leg?

Quote:
I am worried Boychuk is going to have another concussion even though he came back in the end of the game I just can't help but think he didn't have concussion written all over his face when he got up from the boarding by Malkin.
I agree. And there was no good reason to bring him back.

Old
03-11-2012, 06:51 PM
ap3lovr

If Boychuk is out along with McQuaid, I think we could see Hamilton called up on emergency recall.

Old
03-11-2012, 07:20 PM
Saxon Eric

Send a message via AIM to Saxon Eric
Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3lovr View Post
If Boychuk is out along with McQuaid, I think we could see Hamilton called up on emergency recall.
I would love that

Old
03-11-2012, 07:43 PM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3lovr View Post
Dougie can't come as an emergency recall.

Our D corps isn't decimated to the point where the Bruins could convince the league to grant this type of recall.

Zanon
Mottau
Bodnarchuk
Warsofsky
Cohen
Button

All of these guys would need to be hurt in order to get Dougie out of juniors.

I am Boston Strong

Closed Thread