HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#67 Kings @ Jackets, 3/8/12, 3-1 Loss

Old
03-09-2012, 12:04 AM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 123slam View Post
I see the last time you tried to post that was about 15 minutes ago. Get distracted much?
guilty your honour

drugold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:12 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

As for Johnson, he is going to be a star in the league. His skill-set never meshed with Dean Lombardi hockey, and that is fine with me, that happens alot in sports and it was a trade the Kings had to make. Johnson will join the long list of excellent d-man traded by the Kings. The big difference being he wasn't traded for Doug Zmolek, Grant Fuhr, Bring Engblom or Jarret Stoll.

Jack seems to be playing in Columbus the way he played at the NTDP, at Michigan and at the Intl level, it just never clicked for the Kings.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:28 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

I'm starting to really hope this org. purges its management/coaching staffs. I can't understand how so much talent can go to ****, then go somewhere else and prosper. It's disgusting. At some point, you can't blame the personnel anymore.

Hooray, black hole team again.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:31 AM
bobafettish*

knowing the kings luck the 1st round pick that cbj gets turns into a stud.

bobafettish* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:39 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
I'm starting to really hope this org. purges its management/coaching staffs. I can't understand how so much talent can go to ****, then go somewhere else and prosper. It's disgusting. At some point, you can't blame the personnel anymore.

Hooray, black hole team again.
Because this team has tried to turn everyone into a defense first robot.

Players with skill-sets like Kopitar, Doughty and Johnson are extremely rare and I just don't think we play the type of hockey that brings out the best in talents like that.

5-6 games is obviously a small sample size, but it seems pretty obvious that Columbus is letting Jack play like Jack. Something I don't think the Kings ever did.

I have watched Jack play so many games over the past about 7 years, I watched him play for the Kings and he just never seemed comfortable on the ice. Earlier in the year when I saw the Kings play in St. Louis there was one play where Jack could have taken a gamble to make an offensive play but he didn't pinch in, despite his natural instincts telling him to. I often see the same types of players with Kopitar and it seems to even be starting to move on to Doughty. Drew doesn't seem as comfortable or loose as he did his first two years here. I am really interested in reading what LeBrun has to say.

Last edited by Herby: 03-09-2012 at 12:44 AM.
Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 01:04 AM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Jack seems to be playing in Columbus the way he played at the NTDP, at Michigan and at the Intl level, it just never clicked for the Kings.
You mean it never clicked when Doughty was in the lineup...

savemefromtears is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 01:27 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

Relax guys. We're on a mission from God.....

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 01:38 AM
SMoneyMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
I am happy for Jack. That was an epic FU to Lombardi and the Kings coaches. That interview with Bob between periods was pretty damn interesting.

Everyone has rightly called out Richards but along with him, the undisputed most overpaid, underachieving King this season is Drew Doughty. While watching this game, I couldn't help but think we jettisoned the wrong D-man at the deadline.
This board is always good for a laugh after a loss. People need to calm down, we're not going to win them all, we'll have **** games. On to next game.

SMoneyMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 01:47 AM
HansH
Unwelcome Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMoneyMonkey View Post
People need to calm down, we're not going to win them all, we'll have **** games.
I'd be at least somewhat satisfied with winning as many or more than we lose (whether regulation or OT/SO), and the team is still a healthy winning streak away from that, frankly.

HansH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 02:10 AM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 50
Cmon guys. Youre supposed to be my "B" team.

Now I have to worry about even getting into the playoffs?

I am the Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 02:26 AM
Mr Irreverent
Misunderstood

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Cmon guys. Youre supposed to be my "B" team.

Now I have to worry about even getting into the playoffs?
I nominate St. Louis your "B" team.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 03:15 AM
RAZZIE King
Los Cucarachas

I'm not sure what happened...but I hope we can rebound from this loss and win the ******* Cup...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 04:53 AM
Minor Boarding

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZIE King View Post
I'm not sure what happened...but I hope we can rebound from this loss and win the ******* Cup...
Kings season thus far in a gif:

Minor Boarding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 09:00 AM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
5-6 games is obviously a small sample size, but it seems pretty obvious that Columbus is letting Jack play like Jack. Something I don't think the Kings ever did.
You have to remember that there is zero pressure on Columbus right now. The deadline has passed and they are not going to make the playoffs. Those are dangerous teams to play. Just ask Phoenix.

That being said, Jack has the skill set to excel in the NHL and will put up a lot of points, but we won't see how good Carter really is until Lombardi hockey leaves LA.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 09:09 AM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
this thread title sucks lol. But Jack was playing well, Carter had 0 shots, Richards was more transparent than casper.
yeah, did Bob Miller say Richards has no goals in 22 and only 1 in 32?!! really? wow.

I knew it was getting bad, but that's ridiculous!

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 09:40 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Didn't watch the game (and likely glad I didn't) but I just found it funny that JMFJ scores the game winner and goes +2 against us.

Glorious chance to jump ahead of San Jose and keep pace with Dallas and we blew it. Tough one.

Oh well, next game, let's rebound and kick Winged ass. Go Kings!

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 10:08 AM
Axl Rhoadz*

Does it make anyone else sick that the Blues are #1 in the league, yet the Kings are fighting for a playoff spot?

Have the Kings ever been #1 in March?

Axl Rhoadz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 10:21 AM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butch 19 View Post
yeah, did Bob Miller say Richards has no goals in 22 and only 1 in 32?!! really? wow.

I knew it was getting bad, but that's ridiculous!
Looks as if he's acquired a case of Penneritis...and it's quite contagious. Carter has only scored in 1 out of 6 games....uh oh.

Axl Rhoadz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 10:31 AM
Vamos Rafa
Ban ADT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
Does it make anyone else sick that the Blues are #1 in the league, yet the Kings are fighting for a playoff spot?

Have the Kings ever been #1 in March?

Other than 1990-91, I don't think we've ever come close to the President's trophy. We Kings fans have never experienced what it's like to have a perennial powerhouse team. Even the '93 team wasn't that good in the regular season.

Vamos Rafa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 11:23 AM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
You have to remember that there is zero pressure on Columbus right now. The deadline has passed and they are not going to make the playoffs. Those are dangerous teams to play. Just ask Phoenix.

That being said, Jack has the skill set to excel in the NHL and will put up a lot of points, but we won't see how good Carter really is until Lombardi hockey leaves LA.
I agree. Teams playing with nothing to lose can do whatever the hell they want. CBJ isn't the first team to go on a winning streak when totally out of the playoff picture, but it's certainly disappointing to be fighting for a playoff spot and just roll over.

The moment DL is gone and Sutter either adjusts or leaves is the moment we see Kopitar put up 95+ points. Mark my words. It's just a shame so much other talent has vaporized right in front of us.

Just another chapter in the life of a Kings fan, I guess. #moreemothanusual

Old
03-09-2012, 11:51 AM
KingsFan7824

Quote:
Originally Posted by MN14 View Post
The moment DL is gone and Sutter either adjusts or leaves is the moment we see Kopitar put up 95+ points. Mark my words. It's just a shame so much other talent has vaporized right in front of us.
The shame is that with just 15 more goals as a team, the Kings would easily be leading the division right now. 15 goals. In 67 games. There is nothing the Kings could be doing in any systemic way that would be preventing them from scoring a total of 15 more goals this year. They've had plenty of damn good chances to put a measly 15 more goals in the net. Even 10 more goals would probably do the trick.

KingsFan7824 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:10 PM
ShattStar03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
Looks as if he's acquired a case of Penneritis...and it's quite contagious. Carter has only scored in 1 out of 6 games....uh oh.
Well, they always said Mike Richards was magic, he's sure proving that by disappearing on the ice.

ShattStar03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan7824 View Post
The shame is that with just 15 more goals as a team, the Kings would easily be leading the division right now. 15 goals. In 67 games. There is nothing the Kings could be doing in any systemic way that would be preventing them from scoring a total of 15 more goals this year. They've had plenty of damn good chances to put a measly 15 more goals in the net. Even 10 more goals would probably do the trick.
That's very true. I'm just frustrated as all hell.

Heck, a few OT/SO wins instead of OTLs would even have done the trick. That 12 OTLs is a pretty damning stat with the divisonal race so close.

I'm hoping for a heck of a response in DET tonight.

Old
03-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Perro

Stressful times here. Trying to be as positive as possible. I think most saw the loss coming Columbus has been playing really well and defeated some good team in the last four.
I think the bottom line is we have gone 4-1. We keep up that pace and we should get in.
Last year Calgary's late push was fueled by a locker room focus to win 2 out of every 3 games. I think this should be our focus for the remaining of the season.
Need to win at least our next two.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:24 PM
ShattStar03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
Stressful times here. Trying to be as positive as possible. I think most saw the loss coming Columbus has been playing really well and defeated some good team in the last four.
I think the bottom line is we have gone 4-1. We keep up that pace and we should get in.
Last year Calgary's late push was fueled by a locker room focus to win 2 out of every 3 games. I think this should be our focus for the remaining of the season.
Need to win at least our next two.
I commend your optimism, its tough to be like that when you get frustrated by all these squandered opportunities.

More power to you though, I wish I was more like that.

ShattStar03 is offline   Reply With Quote