HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The ''What to do in Montreal'' Thread version 4.0

Old
03-09-2012, 11:38 AM
KrisMoody

vCash: 500
Great thread!

Just want to say thank you for this great thread and for all your submissions. Been a Habs fan since the 92/93 season when I fell in love the team, watching the playoff on TV here in Sweden. Since then it's been a dream to come to Montréal and watch a game and now I'm finally going to do it. Lightning @ Canadiens April 4th. Going to be in town for 5 days and have heard and read so much great things.

I'm arriving March 31st and was hoping someone could name a great place to watch the away game against the Caps? I'm staying at the days Inn, 215, boulevard René-Lévesque est, so preferably some place nearby. Thanks!

KrisMoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisMoody View Post
Just want to say thank you for this great thread and for all your submissions. Been a Habs fan since the 92/93 season when I fell in love the team, watching the playoff on TV here in Sweden. Since then it's been a dream to come to Montréal and watch a game and now I'm finally going to do it. Lightning @ Canadiens April 4th. Going to be in town for 5 days and have heard and read so much great things.

I'm arriving March 31st and was hoping someone could name a great place to watch the away game against the Caps? I'm staying at the days Inn, 215, boulevard René-Lévesque est, so preferably some place nearby. Thanks!
That's awesome, you're going to have a blast, to bad it's a **** season and the game won't mean much(standings) There will be plenty of options downtown for you to catch the game, all depends what type of atmosphere you're looking for

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:06 PM
Beakermania*

Quote:

1st advice find a new hotel. This place sux

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 01:46 PM
KrisMoody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
That's awesome, you're going to have a blast, to bad it's a **** season and the game won't mean much(standings) There will be plenty of options downtown for you to catch the game, all depends what type of atmosphere you're looking for
Yes, I'm really looking forward to it even though everything's gone wrong this year. I'm not picky, I just want to get the feeling of how it is watching a game among fellow fans. A place with some yelling and some profanities would be nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
1st advice find a new hotel. This place sux
Aw man, already paid for it. Guess you get what you pay for. Should've researched better. Well, I'm only in town for 5 days so I'm just gonna sleep there. Rest of the time's going to be spent watching the city and it's nightlife!

Old
03-09-2012, 03:10 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Peel Pub is cheap, food not so good and has that Uni student feel if that's what you prefer. Walk around St Catherine's too. I like Harley's.

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 04:04 PM
cts830

I'm staying at the Sheraton (right by the arena) while I'm in town for the Isles game next weekend. Is this located anywhere near Schwartz's deli?

cts830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 04:28 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by cts830 View Post
I'm staying at the Sheraton (right by the arena) while I'm in town for the Isles game next weekend. Is this located anywhere near Schwartz's deli?
Your not close but not that far either. maybe a 10$ cab ride. It's on Saint-Laurents

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 06:45 PM
Spex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
They seem like very good tickets for the show. Indeed sections 104 to 110 will be behind the stage and closed off
Thanks dude

Spex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 06:59 PM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cts830 View Post
36 minutes walk
23 minutes by Metro
7 min by car

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=fr&tab=wl

didouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 08:21 PM
cts830

Quote:
Originally Posted by didouche View Post
36 minutes walk
23 minutes by Metro
7 min by car

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=fr&tab=wl
Thanks! I read online that it's an awesome deli. Plus, I'm a Schwartz...so I should probably check it out. Glad to hear it's not too far

Old
03-10-2012, 06:32 AM
KrisMoody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Peel Pub is cheap, food not so good and has that Uni student feel if that's what you prefer. Walk around St Catherine's too. I like Harley's.
Thanks! Guess I'm going to take a stroll down St Cathrine's and see what I can find.

Old
03-10-2012, 07:02 AM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

Quote:
Thanks! Guess I'm going to take a stroll down St Cathrine's and see what I can find.
-Hurley’s One of the premiere irish pubs in town where you might see some people (NHL people I mean after the games, even referees are known to go there) A beautiful pub, Irish style, with live music and a good choice of whisky’s. 1426 Bishop St. Guy Concordia Metro

-Ye Olde Orchard: Downtown 1189 rue de la Montagne: My favourite place before the game because it's 3 min away from the Bell center

Old
03-10-2012, 03:24 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Just noticed that auto-correct didn't like "Hurley's" and corrected it to "Harley's"

Forgot the most important part: HAVE FUN!!

Old
03-11-2012, 03:15 PM
Beakermania*

I love the microbrews at Brutopia (beside Hurleys). Good place for beer snobs

Beakermania* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-17-2012, 08:01 AM
cts830

Up from NY for the weekend.

I went to Crescent St last night around 12 to find a bar. I noticed a lot of people going into Thursday's so I followed em on in. It was an interesting crowd to say the least. Bunch of 18 year olds, 50 year olds and everything in between. I had a good enough time, but I'd prefer something more my style tonight.

Any suggestions for a bar/lounge with more a 20's/30's crowd? Not a dive, but nothing tooooo fancy either.

Also, I'm going to the game tonight. Is there a bar that everyone goes to post game still rocking their jerseys? Thx!

Old
03-19-2012, 09:48 AM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

BTW, when I was there, I tried several location based apps to get around town like Igotcha etc, but the Poynt app far and away outdid any other one in terms of speed and accuracy.

loudi94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-19-2012, 11:26 PM
flyersguy33*

Coming up for a hockey tournament starting April 19th. Its the Can/Am mens league tourny. I just got asked to play last night and dont know anyone on the team, so Im not sure what ill be in for. They've all been up there before but I havent. Anything in particular I should see or places I need to go? I know we are staying at Delta Centerville. Anything good around there? Im sure we will go out for drinks after the games and at night but they are all old and dont think they are into the clubs hahah.

flyersguy33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 01:21 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap Happy View Post
Coming up for a hockey tournament starting April 19th. Its the Can/Am mens league tourny. I just got asked to play last night and dont know anyone on the team, so Im not sure what ill be in for. They've all been up there before but I havent. Anything in particular I should see or places I need to go? I know we are staying at Delta Centerville. Anything good around there? Im sure we will go out for drinks after the games and at night but they are all old and dont think they are into the clubs hahah.
Go to the first post of this thread. Really good stuff.

Old
03-20-2012, 01:48 AM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commandant View Post
I love the microbrews at Brutopia (beside Hurleys). Good place for beer snobs
The beer brought me to Brutopia, but the food is why I keep going back. Everything on the menu is delicious.

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 06:01 PM
flyersguy33*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsolument90 View Post
Go to the first post of this thread. Really good stuff.
yea, i looked over that, but there is too much stuff there Not sure what is close to where I am staying and what not. I wont have a car to drive around up there, so looking for some good places within walking distance

flyersguy33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 08:51 PM
Le CH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slap Happy View Post
yea, i looked over that, but there is too much stuff there Not sure what is close to where I am staying and what not. I wont have a car to drive around up there, so looking for some good places within walking distance
Most of Montreal downtown is accessible by walking... very pedestrian friendly and just walking around is pretty cool. It would help if you narrowed down your main interests ( e.g foodie?, drinks?, clubbing?, museums?, shopping? live music... what kind?).

Le CH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-20-2012, 09:03 PM
BLONG7

Quote:
Yes, I'm really looking forward to it even though everything's gone wrong this year. I'm not picky, I just want to get the feeling of how it is watching a game among fellow fans. A place with some yelling and some profanities would be nice!

Aw man, already paid for it. Guess you get what you pay for. Should've researched better. Well, I'm only in town for 5 days so I'm just gonna sleep there. Rest of the time's going to be spent watching the city and it's nightlife!
All in all, it's not that bad...like you said it's a pit stop for sleeping...stayed there this past feb and it was OK, it's what you get, when you pay around 75.00 bucks per night...have a blast in the city!

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-22-2012, 12:45 PM
KrisMoody

I bet it's not going to very hard picking out nice places when in town! Thanks so much for every reply and tip. Heard about a place called Dieu du Ciel that was supposed to be pretty good as well...

9 days left!

Old
03-22-2012, 01:24 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Heard good things about the beer. Never been there personally.

Old
03-24-2012, 02:56 PM
didouche
CHANGE is coming!!!!

Quote:
I bet it's not going to very hard picking out nice places when in town! Thanks so much for every reply and tip. Heard about a place called Dieu du Ciel that was supposed to be pretty good as well...

9 days left!
Go without hesitation if you are a beer fan. if you want a great asian place to eat just go in front to Chrao Praya