HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#67 Kings @ Jackets, 3/8/12, 3-1 Loss

Old
03-09-2012, 12:28 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

vCash: 500
JJ was awesome last night. The way he was firing pucks on the PP, reminded my Matheiu Schneider back in the day.

I Am Ziggy Palffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:28 PM
ShattStar03

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am Ziggy Palffy View Post
JJ was awesome last night. The way he was firing pucks on the PP, reminded my Matheiu Schneider back in the day.
Don't remind us..

ShattStar03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:31 PM
I Am Ziggy Palffy

1 bad game. Let's not be too unfair. But Carter was invisible last night. I hope this isn't an indicator of how he responds to hostile/pressure situations. And Mike Richards has to be hurt right? Right???

I Am Ziggy Palffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:33 PM
johnjm22

I have a feeling Johnson is will be joining the Moulson/Purcell club.

johnjm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
No doubt he is a top level talent, but the difference is we have something to show from his departure in Carter. WE just have to hope Carter regains his form from two seasons ago.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:41 PM
yankeeking

what is crazy is we are having what by all accounts is a **** season but so is SJ,PHX,and Dallas so we are still in it........my question is do we sux or is it a division deal or a confrence deal, 10-15 more goals and we run away with it, and I can recall at least 10 times missing open nets or like Penner yesterday not even getting a shot on goal when it clearlly was scoring chance

yankeeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:45 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:
And if he does, who cares? Point being, if Carter is scoring 35-40 goals for us, it will be worth it. Also people, don't forget WHY JJ was traded...and it's not DL's fault. This team was absolutely desperate for goal-scoring and you can put that blame on the entire team for being dead last in offense. DL had no choice, and had this team been performing the way they should have been, JJ would still be wearing a Kings jersey.

Axl Rhoadz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:47 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
No doubt he is a top level talent, but the difference is we have something to show from his departure in Carter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rhoadz View Post
And if he does, who cares? *Point being, if Carter is scoring 35-40 goals for us, it will be worth it.
Indeed, but that wasn't really my point.

It's just furthur evidence that Sutter/Lombardi/Murray hockey stifles offensive development of players. Custance spoke at length with Johnson, and said the JJ didn't think his talents were being utilized by LA and the shceme used here. It hurts to hear that.

Quote:
Also people, don't forget WHY JJ was traded...and it's not DL's fault.
DL should shoulder some blame for hiring coaches that are unable bring the most out their players on both sides of the puck. Had Murray been able to develop the offensive talents of some of our young players, we might not be in this position right now.

Old
03-09-2012, 12:50 PM
Perro

Quote:

It's just furthur evidence that Sutter/Lombardi/Murray hockey stifles offensive development of players. Custance spoke at length with Johnson, and said the JJ didn't think his talents were being utilized by LA and the shceme used here. It hurts to hear that.
That part is true. Sucked to know that Moulson and Purcell were under utalized. I think Moller is that way to.
It's no coincidence that when Doughty was out Johnson thrived. At least TM tried putting them together as that would have been the only way having them both would have worked out.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:

Kind of a MOOT point coming from a team sitting LAST in the standings.

Last edited by Axl Rhoadz*: 03-09-2012 at 04:27 PM. Reason: the internet message board police we're getting upset
Axl Rhoadz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:54 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Kind of a mute point coming from a team sitting LAST in the standings.
Did you see their system though? neither did I.

No defense, JJ and Wiz pinching down below the hash marks. It was pretty much controlled chaos. And a lot of teams lately haven't known how to respond to that. Including very structured systematic teams like Phoenix.

It's the same as Edmonton.

You are going to have successful PLAYERS. But you won't have a successful team playing a style like that. People are actually complaining about the boring-ness of St. Louis style.

Well they are boring themselves into the best team in the league.

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:54 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

Quote:

the point isn't to develop offensive players, it's to win games. DL believes playing a defensive structure is the only way to get to the stanley cup.

Look, it's going to be easy to retort, "well, a lot good that's doing, blah blah". But, this season is a considered a small cog in the grand scheme. This season didn't turn up well, but look at our core player's contracts. Compare that to any other team on cap geek. This is one year, DL's goal is to build an elite team.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:59 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Did you see their system though? neither did I.

No defense, JJ and Wiz pinching down below the hash marks. It was pretty much controlled chaos. And a lot of teams lately haven't known how to respond to that. Including very structured systematic teams like Phoenix.

It's the same as Edmonton.

You are going to have successful PLAYERS. But you won't have a successful team playing a style like that. People are actually complaining about the boring-ness of St. Louis style.

Well they are boring themselves into the best team in the league.
Very true. CBJ can play like a pick-up game right now because frankly, they don't care if they get burned. It makes it easy to play loose like that, but it's not really a formula for sustained success.

Brad Doty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 01:06 PM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
For everyone freaking outan we have always sucked against the Jackets.

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 01:07 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
the point isn't to develop offensive players, it's to win games. DL believes playing a defensive structure is the only way to get to the stanley cup.

Look, it's going to be easy to retort, "well, a lot good that's doing, blah blah". But, this season is a considered a small cog in the grand scheme. This season didn't turn up well, but look at our core player's contracts. Compare that to any other team on cap geek. This is one year, DL's goal is to build an elite team.
I agree with DL's philosophy that defense should come first, and Terry was the right coach to instill and develop this teams defensive game. But Terry ran his course here; it was time for a coach that could push the Kings to the next level. Dean failed by hiring Sutter. Not that Sutter is bad coach, he's just not what the Kings needed. The Kings had already learned to play defense and be responsible, now they needed someone who could develop them offensively.

I love this team. I love our players, but I don't think the coaching staff is getting the most of of them and it's painful to watch.

Old
03-09-2012, 01:33 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

That game was on ludes.

I haven't seen grown men move that slowly since I watched the last senior games marathon.

Oh vell, ov to ze next game.

We now have 5 more losses to give.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 01:37 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

We lost?

Release the evil pixies!!!!

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 02:21 PM
Butch 19
King me

Quote:
Kind of a mute point coming from a team sitting LAST in the standings.
This brings up all kinds of imagery which I will be thinking about during this afternoon's meeting.

THX

Butch 19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 04:01 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
And if he does, who cares? Point being, if Carter is scoring 35-40 goals for us, it will be worth it. Also people, don't forget WHY JJ was traded...and it's not DL's fault. This team was absolutely desperate for goal-scoring and you can put that blame on the entire team for being dead last in offense. DL had no choice, and had this team been performing the way they should have been, JJ would still be wearing a Kings jersey.
Agreed. However, I am extremely skeptical Carter will be scoring at that rate for us. I guess we'll see.

Seventyx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 05:38 PM
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
Agreed. However, I am extremely skeptical Carter will be scoring at that rate for us. I guess we'll see.
I actually don't think Carter's season has been that much different then his career as a Flyer. I mean pace wise if he played 82 goals and kept his season pace he would still have 31 goals. The streakiness was the same in Philly and Columbus. Big game followed by a few invisible ones.

The frustrating thing with Carter was it always seemed like he could do so much more if he played with more intensity on a night to night basis. But he should be good for at least 30 a year.

Tim Tebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 06:13 PM
savemefromtears
Bravo Viva la France

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
We lost?

Release the evil pixies!!!!

savemefromtears is offline   Reply With Quote