HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Soft

Old
03-09-2012, 03:52 AM
CrazyPsycho

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jBuds View Post
Awesome avatar, and I'd just like to say that that was my very first game at HSBC arena. Prior to game 1 of the playoffs that year in the first year after the lockout, I hadn't seen a home game since the Aud.

That was the best ambiance I've ever been a part of. I always say, as loud as it was for Campbell's hit and Briere's goal, the loudest roar of the night finally came once they peeled Umberger off the ice and showed the replay of the hit on the jumbotron for the first time. The crowd went absolutely bonkers. It was unforgettable.

THAT was a loud arena. Playoffs, yes, I know
My favorite game to have ever attended, and nothing besides the Winter Classic even comes close. If I remember it was the first home playoff game in about 5 years, I still get goosebumps of them coming on the ice.

Now my memories consist of getting yelled at by our own fans for being too loud during the Flyers series last year...how times have changed.

CrazyPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 04:06 AM
Kassian54

Quote:
What's the time zone difference? You're ahead 7 hours?
Yes, we have a spring break here but I still can't stay up too long anymore. I'm getting older

Kassian54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 07:13 AM
Play4Miracles*
1 nation under Oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by dire wolf View Post
Honestly, they didn't look soft tonight. The game was completely even in every way - including physically - until mid-way through the 3rd period. During the 3rd, the game broke wide open for a few minutes with sprints up and down the ice. After a few of those rushes, the Sabres started to look totally gassed. Not surprising with their recent schedule. Frankly, I thought they played a pretty good game, and I wasn't expecting a win, especially with Enroth (not that he is bad, and he played great).

Anyone who thinks the problem with this game was physical and is a result of Darcy's failures, is just pushing an agenda. The problems tonight were (a) we only scored one goal because our offensive was a bit sloppy, and (b) we got tired at the end.

I don't care if people don't like Regier, but it's just stupid to blame every loss on him. Are you going to give Darcy credit for any of our recent wins?

EDIT:

The Ugly:
Chara
Marchand. what a punk
*Lucic
*That stupid arena announcer who goes "Woooooo!" after he announces every goal. I freaking hate that. As grating as nails on a chalk board. Or Jack Edwards.
Well there were a few hints of softness throughout the game but nothing spectacular. Did you see Roy skate into a Bruins and bounce off him like he was made of iron? Krejci I think it was, who then simply too a few steps and had a grade a scoring chance, as a direct result of softness. Other than Myers and a little bit of Weber the Sabres did nothing physical the whole game.

Then, when Vanek got destroyed the blood was in the water and the hitting frenzy began, it was men against boys. No team can keep the intensity up like that for an entire game, but as we seen last night, all it takes is a 5-10 minute window to break the will of the Sabres.

Play4Miracles* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 07:13 AM
Kyndig86

Why does this teams offense suck so much you ask? Passing plain and simple, this is one of the worst teams I've ever seen in that regard.

At least the Sabres hit people and didn't look like a "small weak team." Considering it was a back to back game I actually found that impressive.

Puck seemed to hate us as well bouncing all over the place while sticking to their sticks. But still we should of had this game if only they knew how to pass the damn puck...

Kyndig86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 08:01 AM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play4Miracles View Post
No team can keep the intensity up like that for an entire game, but as we seen last night, all it takes is a 5-10 minute window to break the will of the Sabres.
perhaps the "broken will of the sabres" is more reflective of the fact that they were playing their third game in four nights, on the road after playing at home the day before, right after coming home from a long roadie?

Teams get tired. It happens. Boston is better than we are. If they're rested and fresh and we're gassed, we're going to fall off in the third period.

It's laughable that so many people (not singling you out, P4M) just choose to ignore this.

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 08:10 AM
yohan1212

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kassian54 View Post
Only saw first period after I fall asleep.

G:
Pommer
Enroth
Energy in first period

B:
EHS-line struggled defensively imo in first
Marchand
Vanek hurt - hopefully he gets his act right when ever he comes back
U:
Lucic - I can't help I ****ing hate the guy
I don't get all the lucic hate here. I'm lost , so can someone please explain to me what he did this game or do u guys hate him still for the miller incident? I just ask because he played a rather tame game.

yohan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 08:14 AM
Devo-2

Quote:
Isn't that a Ric Flair or Randy Savage audio clip? Or the arena announcer mocking Flair? I know they play a clip of Flair after Canes goals at the Feces Center for Ants...I think this is similar
Its Flair. He is a native of Carolina, and as much as it bothers me when the Canes play it after a goal, it makes sense. If I was a Canes fan, I would love it. It, however, makes zero sense to be copied and played in Boston. You are the Boston fricken Bruins, why are you copying the goal celebration of the Carolina Hurricanes. Sorry, this has always bothered me.

Devo-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 08:31 AM
omglolnub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo-2 View Post
Its Flair. He is a native of Carolina, and as much as it bothers me when the Canes play it after a goal, it makes sense. If I was a Canes fan, I would love it. It, however, makes zero sense to be copied and played in Boston. You are the Boston fricken Bruins, why are you copying the goal celebration of the Carolina Hurricanes. Sorry, this has always bothered me.
Maybe it was written into the swap of Kaberle and Corvo (yes, I know it was a pair of FA signings).

omglolnub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 08:43 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Third game in four nights, it looks like they ran out of gas by the end. Granted, Boston did what anyone should in a situation like that -- take the body early (not that the B's have any issue doing so, that's pretty normal for 'em) and often.

03-09-2012, 09:02 AM
CrankyJay

So is Vanek injured or something?

CrankyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 09:04 AM
CrankyJay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo-2 View Post
Ugh, I went to a few games down in Raleigh and this was by far the worst thing ever, and for the Bruins to use it too is even more of an atrocity.

CrankyJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 09:05 AM
Jame
Dream '16

claude julien owns lindy ruff

Jame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 09:32 AM
murdoq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
claude julien owns lindy ruff
who doesn't

murdoq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 11:46 AM
struckbyaparkedcar
Zemgus Da Gawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
Miller's recent play has masked the fact that the team has been playing just as bad if not worse since they started winning some games as they have all year.

The offense sucks, the defense is inconsistent, the powerplay sucks and the penalty kill is inconsistent. That's a bad Hockey team. In fact their offense has somehow regressed considerably through the season. This is the worst performing group of forwards that I can remember since I started watching the Sabres. At least the later Muckler teams knew how to give and receive a pass. And they worked hard. It just feels like this team has no system or game plan. We score most of our goals through sheer brute force. Blindly throwing the puck on net, a few tipped point shots, some Pominville slapshots and the occasional Stafford wrister are about all we're good for.

The coaching staff has to go.
Seriously. This is one of the worst passing teams in the league. I'm always impressed by fluid other teams grinders are in transition, and our top lines can't complete three passes in succession.

struckbyaparkedcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 01:24 PM
dire wolf
be cool

I think our passing problems have a lot to do with trying too many stretch passes. Keep it simple.

dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 01:26 PM
Lloydchristmas138

I'm surprised more people didn't notice Leino's game tonight, he had to be our best forward tonight. He looked like a man possessed, he was physical and had the puck or was calling for the puck every time I watched him. It's time for Lindy roll with the hot hand and put Leino with Hodgson and move Ennis back to center with Staff on his wing.

I have no clue with where to play Roy anymore he just doesn't win very many battles at all : He makes a scoring line too soft/small with inconsistent and weak forechecking, and we already have Boyes in our bottom 6, that would make our grinder lines soft as a pillow.

Lloydchristmas138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Fan-of-#9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydchristmas138 View Post
I'm surprised more people didn't notice Leino's game tonight, he had to be our best forward tonight. He looked like a man possessed, he was physical and had the puck or was calling for the puck every time I watched him. It's time for Lindy roll with the hot hand and put Leino with Hodgson and move Ennis back to center with Staff on his wing.

I have no clue with where to play Roy anymore he just doesn't win very many battles at all : He makes a scoring line too soft/small with inconsistent and weak forechecking, and we already have Boyes in our bottom 6, that would make our grinder lines soft as a pillow.
Leino has been fantastic for the last few games. He's doing EVERYTHING better than he was earlier in the year. He looks stronger, faster, smarter and more confident.

Fan-of-#9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Wilhelm Scream

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyJay View Post
Ugh, I went to a few games down in Raleigh and this was by far the worst thing ever, and for the Bruins to use it too is even more of an atrocity.
The Bruins have been using that sound effect after goals for at least 4 years now, so I'm not sure who copied who.

Wilhelm Scream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 01:55 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan-of-#9 View Post
Leino has been fantastic for the last few games. He's doing EVERYTHING better than he was earlier in the year. He looks stronger, faster, smarter and more confident.
Quick! Someone photoshop Leino into this ..

ZZamboni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 02:00 PM
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhelm Scream View Post
The Bruins have been using that sound effect after goals for at least 4 years now, so I'm not sure who copied who.
Considering the Bruins were using 'Black and Yellow' in gameday presentation as late as last season, they've clearly shown a tendency to steal.

(The best part was the smarter Bruins fans were ENRAGED they did that. )

SackTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 02:13 PM
dire wolf
be cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilhelm Scream View Post
either way, it's embarrassingly sucky.

dire wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 03:56 PM
DJN21

Quote:
Awesome avatar, and I'd just like to say that that was my very first game at HSBC arena. Prior to game 1 of the playoffs that year in the first year after the lockout, I hadn't seen a home game since the Aud.

That was the best ambiance I've ever been a part of. I always say, as loud as it was for Campbell's hit and Briere's goal, the loudest roar of the night finally came once they peeled Umberger off the ice and showed the replay of the hit on the jumbotron for the first time. The crowd went absolutely bonkers. It was unforgettable.

THAT was a loud arena. Playoffs, yes, I know
Thanks bro. Damn man I'm jealous you got to be in attendance for that game. My folks are huge Rangers fans so growing up i was brought to many Sabres games. Obviously now that I'm older I get myself to a few games but I'd have loved to have seen some of those classic games. I was at Game...5 I believe it was last playoffs where Miller shut the flyers out at home, great game there. Also was at the Bruins game this year following the Lucic incident and was about 25 rows from the Goose v Lucic fight.

Going to the Colorado game next week not that I expect that to be all too thrilling but still a games a game.

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 09:56 PM
jamers
McTankel Mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZamboni View Post
Quick! Someone photoshop Leino into this ..

We can rebuild his game. We have the technology...

jamers is offline   Reply With Quote